Framed | JOHNNY

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT's Johnny When a sudden death occurs in Neo City, fingers automatically point to the leader of the lar... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Masterlist

Chapter 4

3K 182 186
By lost_in_neocity

Jaehwa looked at her reflection through the window in Johnny's office.

This is really freaking weird.

Jaehwa had followed Ten's advice, swapping out her leather jacket and boots for something more neutral. She left her hoops in though, feeling that they went with her outfit.

It was a lot of beige which Jaehwa didn't actually own but surprisingly Jaehyun did. The male was known for dressing in comfier clothes though, and sometimes deals with richer clients would require fancier clothes.

The trench coat was actually her mothers, Jaehwa had to dig through the boxes stored in the back of the trailer, old belongings of their parents.

Jaehwa hoped that this would change Johnny's opinion of her and was satisfied when the two males had do do a double take when they entered.

"Hey Mark, is it just me or does that girl sitting over there look like Jaehwa?" Jaehwa heard the detective whisper to his assistant.

Why are men so immature?

Jaehwa rolled her eyes. "Don't you two have anything better to do?"

Johnny chuckled. "Nevermind, I'm sure it's her now."

Johnny made his way over to where she was, taking a seat at his desk across from her. "Anyways, why did you come?"

"I wanted to help." Jaehwa told him.

"Help?" Johnny said, raising an eyebrow. Jaehwa nodded.

"Don't you have better things to do?" Mark asked her. "Like with the gang."

"Car wash." Jaehwa corrected. "And no. Normally I spend time with my brother. Which I can't really do right now."

"I don't think you can offer much help to us." Mark said as he began organizing the folders, which were a lot less now that Johnny had gotten rid of the extra cases. "What can you do anyways?"

"Um..." Jaehwa didn't know how to answer. She really didn't know much.

"That's alright." Johnny said, finally speaking. "You can join us."

"Really?" Jaehwa exclaimed. She was not expecting him to give in that easily.

"Yeah, I don't mind." Johnny said, giving her a small smile. "But do you know any hackers?"

Jaehwa's smile dropped from her face. "No I don't."

"That's unfortunate." Johnny said, turning back to his computer. "I could really use one right now."

For what? Jaehwa wanted to ask but didn't want to overstep.

"I know one." Mark said.

"Really?" Johnny said, perking up.

"But he's a college student, do you mind?" Mark asked.

Jaehwa turned to Johnny who seemed hesitant. "I mean, we don't have much of a choice, do we?"

...

Jaehwa followed Johnny out of the station, the detective with a name and address that Mark had given him.

Johnny had told Mark to go through the cases and close the obvious ones. That was probably why he let Jaehwa join him for tonight.

"That's your car?!" Jaehwa exclaimed as Johnny stopped by the most expensive car she had ever seen in her life.

"I mean, I drive it so I guess so." Johnny said, unlocking it. "Hop in."

That's when Jaehwa realized that Johnny lived a life very different from hers, sporting clothes from expensive and well-known brands. Although they did have a good amount of money, Jaehyun refused to spend it expensive things, preferring to save it instead. Jaehwa occasionally treated herself to nice jewellery, but otherwise, she would follow Jaehyun's footsteps.

"Who is this guy?" Jaehwa asked as Johnny began to drive.

"He's a college student, someone Mark once met. His hacker name is Haechan." Johnny informed her. "We're heading to his apartment right now."

"I see." Jaehwa said as she sank in the seat, silence filling the vehicle.

"You seem tired." Johnny pointed out. "Take a nap."

"I'm not tired." Jaehwa said, sitting straighter.

"Sure." Johnny said as he drove but the traffic was terrible.

Don't we love rush hour?

"Well, Haechan's place is on the other side of the city, perfect time for a nap."

Jaehwa peeked around and did see how packed it was. Plus, she was honestly exhausted, not being able to sleep properly since Jaehyun was arrested.

"Maybe I'll take a little nap." Jaehwa muttered before closing her eyes, falling asleep in the comfort of Johnny's car.

...

Johnny sat there, thinking about how to wake up the sleeping girl beside him.

How might a gang member act if I wake them up?

Johnny sighed, knowing that violence was going to be involved so he gave up, and shook the girl.

Like he had expected, Jaehwa pulled a knife out of nowhere the second her eyes opened, pinning him to the seat of the car.

"Do you carry that everywhere?" Johnny asked as Jaehwa took a few seconds to realize where she was.

Johnny had to admit, he was impressed that the girl had somehow left her seat, straddled his lap, held his hands back, and put a knife to his throat all within the few seconds after he woke her up.

"Maybe." Jaehwa said, folding her knife back up and placing it in the pocket of her pants. "Habit."

"It's alright." Johnny said softly. He was starting to get a little uncomfortable with the girl still sitting on him, their faces much two close together for two people that met each other a day ago.

Jaehwa must have realized too as she immediate opened the car door, hopping out. She fixed her hair, checking her makeup using her phone camera before turning to Johnny. "So where are we going now?"

Johnny pointed to the cheap looking apartment building where he had parked. "There."

The two walked side-by-side, Johnny using his badge to get through security. He had to admit, as he stared at their reflections in the mirror inside the elevator, Jaehwa had model-like proportions.

Yet her life is wasted on a gang.

Jaehwa followed him to one of the doors, the male knocking on it. They exchanged looks as they heard a commotion inside.

The door swung open, revealing a male that did not match Mark's description of Haechan at all. He was tall but not as tall as Johnny, with athletic build, pale skin, and a mole below his right eye.

"Hello?" The male said. "Can I help you?"

"Yah, Jeno, who is it?" Another male asked, appearing at the door. This one was much smaller and skinner, with oval eyes, giving Jobnny Chinese vibes.

"I don't know." Jeno muttered. "But they kind of look scary."

"We're looking for Haechan." Johnny told them. "Is he here?"

"Yah, Lee Donghyuck!" The smaller boy yelled, surprising Johnny.

"Renjun, he's going to kill you for calling him that." Another boy commented, joining his friends in the front. This one resembled Jeno but with larger and rounder eyes. "What are you doing, invite them in."

Renjun and Jeno exchanged looks before nodding, widening the door for them. Johnny gave Jaehwa a glance before stepping in.

"I apologize for the mess." The boy said as Renjun and Jeno started tossing random items away.

It was clear that these boys were college students, from cupboards filled with ramen to the gaming system in the living room. It didn't take a genius to figure that out.

"I'm Jaemin." The boy said, introducing himself. "And you're looking for Donghyuck?"

"Donghyuck?" Jaehwa asked, confused.

"Oh." Jaemin said, clapping his hands together. "I forgot, you probably know him as Haechan."

———————————————————————————

Double update~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 647 27
Johnny decides that for the summer, since his parents are already preoccupied, that it would be "wise" to take his friends out on a road trip across...
344K 10.8K 50
During a bank robbery, you're surprised to see the criminal recognise you. Only later then you learn that your high school admirer and sweetheart now...
582K 18.5K 45
"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds herself stuck in a gang after witnessing...
267K 7K 52
*Mafia au/ Gang au-: Mark scoffed and said, "Touch her and I won't hesitate to become your grim reaper," venom dripping from his tone. - Mature langu...