Destined With You

By SweetLove789

Rose Addams was born to be a fighter. She grew up to become the strongest boxer. But after the death of her... More

Destined With You... Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty Two

133K 3.1K 658
By SweetLove789

HEEEEEEEY MY LOVELY READER'S!

I hope you guys are all good. It's two in the morning and I just finished wriitng this chapter. I'm absoloutely exhausted and so I couldn't be bothered to edit my work. Sorry for any mistakes. 

Enjoy...

Chapter Thirty Two

“And did you hear what Mrs Honey said about me being the best in the class Rosie?” Tommy asked once again. We had just got back from the ‘parents day’ held at his nursery. It was only about twenty minutes long and of course I had gotten strange looks from parents but I was now Tommy’s guardian. It’s a good thing I don’t care what anyone else thinks.

“Yes I did Tommy, I was right next you remember?” I smiled as he continued to ramble on about the teacher and his friends. It made me so content to see him so happy. I could listen to him go on and on as long as he had that smile blessing his face.

“And did you see Belle? She looked pretty,” he blushed lightly and I squealed out loud making him go even redder. Anna and Cathy were both there at the nursery and it was lovely to see them again. Cathy gave me the biggest hug of my life, also scolding me for not visiting her recently. I did promise to come down very soon though. I needed one of those triple chocolate cakes at MJ’s Coffee House.

“Aw Tommy! You are just the cutest little brother ever!” I grinned, reaching with my free hand to pinch his cheek that was still brightly glowing red from the back of the truck. Good thing we were stopped at the traffic light, otherwise I’m sure I’d have the vehicle swerving to the other lane.

“You’re so embarrassing Rosie,” he grumbled at me before turning to look out the window.

“Oh come on! I cant help it okay? It’s just so cute!” I exclaimed before gushing over the two little lovebirds. He just sat at the back with his action figure toy in his hands, every once in a while giggling at my antics.

“Okay fine! But what about Drake?” he asked, changing the subject so that now I was in the spotlight.

“What about him?” I asked but I couldn’t deny the smile that pulled at my lips from just hearing his name. That feeling at the pit of my tummy was never going to leave.

“Is he coming today?” he asked excitedly. I looked through the mirror to see him genuinely happy about the idea. My heart drummed against my ribcage in a heavy rhythm, tears sprung to my eyes and I swallowed hard to get rid of the lump. Knowing that life was starting to get better scared me. I didn’t want anything to come and take this all away, I didn’t want fate to play games with me. Now that I knew what it was like to have a touch of happiness, I couldn’t bare the thought off going back to my cold shell.

“Not today Tommy. But tell you what, tomorrow is Saturday so we’ll spend the day together with all the boys, how does that sound?” I asked with a smile.

“Really?” his bright blue eyes lit up. They shined and all the doubts of Tommy not liking any one of my guys, vanished into thin air.

“Really,” I nodded and that’s when we finally reached home. Tommy grabbed his bag and gave me a big kiss on the cheek before making me promise that I’ll come for him tomorrow. It broke my heart to not have him live with me yet but I was still working on the papers to be his legal guardian.

I dropped him at Nana’s, before walking across to my house. I was dressed in black, tight jeans and a white tank top complimented with a leather jacket. My boots clicked against the ground and as I opened the door and walked into the living room, I halted to a sudden stop.

“Rosaline.”

My hands fisted and I took in a lungful of air to calm the anger that was building up from just seeing her face.

“What are you doing here?” I spoke through clenched teeth. Just staring at my mother made me realise that any chance for her to come back sober and well was a pathetic hope that I naively, secretly wished for.

“This is my home too Rosie sweetheart,” her words were slightly slurred and each hit me hard. It pricked and stabbed at my heart. I didn’t deserve to go through this again. I couldn’t take it anymore. How much could she put me through before I cracked?

“Please…just please stop,” I whispered weakly. I was done. I couldn’t stand any longer. I couldn’t fight; I couldn’t pretend that I didn’t want my mother. I missed coming home to her smiling, motherly face. I missed the glow in her cheeks caused by my father. I missed the soft twinkle of love that shone in her eyes as she looked at both Tommy and me.

“Stop what baby girl?” she frowned, she tried to take a step towards me but she stumbled, holding onto the wall to keep herself upright. Mother’s weren’t supposed to be like this. They weren’t supposed to come home once in a blue moon, drunk and careless. What would happen if Tommy had come in with me? How would I explain how our mother turned out?

“You need to leave. You need to get out,” I straightened up. This wasn’t my mother. I needed to come to terms with this. She’s changed and the old woman couldn’t be brought back.

“Oh don’t be ridiculous, I’m paying the expenses, you live under my roof!” she laughed sadistically. I opened my mouth to speak but then the doorbell cut me off. It ringed throughout the house for a couple of seconds before starting off once again. I frowned about to go and open the door but my Mother had beaten me to it. Stumbling over her feet to reach for the door.

I tried to push her back. I didn’t want anyone seeing her like this; I didn’t want anyone to know this drunken woman was my mother. But she already had the door open and I couldn’t see who was there.

“Hello, who-“

“What the hell are you doing here? Where the fuck is Rose!” I knew that voice anywhere. As angry, deep and booming as it sounded, I felt safety calm me. Drake pushed my mother out of the way and when his eyes settled on me, I smiled weakly as I watched all the tension release him in a wave.

He rushed over to me, holding my face in his large hands. He looked me over as if I was abused. I shook my head to silently tell him I was okay. He frowned at me, his eyes clearly telling me that he didn’t believe that.

“What is she doing here?” he asked me, pulling me into him for a suffocating hug. It was everything I needed in that moment. To just have his arms wrapped around me tightly. He had his fingers running through my hair in a soft soothing gesture.

“I don’t know,” I mumbled into his chest. He kissed the top of my head before letting go only slightly. He kept me flush against him, right by his side. He turned to my mother with looks that would have you buried meters deep in the ground.

“I’m only going to ask once and I need an answer that should prove you worthy after your disgusting behaviour with your daughter. Why the fuck are you here?” Drake’s tone was dark. It was something I’ve never personally witnessed. I’ve heard about these things but never have truly believed it…until now of course.

“Drake-“

“No Rose, I’m not going to let you get hurt anymore. Not now, not ever again,” he shook his head determinedly. My heart swelled with love and I felt the promise that was hidden in his words.

“Who is this Rosaline?” My mothers voice ruined the moment and I turned to open my mouth but Drake lightly squeezed my waist, indicating for me to stay silent.

“That is none of your concern. As far as I’m aware, you don’t withhold the title of being her Mother. A Mother would have been right by her side and helped her go through her Father’s death. A Mother would have never given the opportunity to make her daughter feel as if she had no one. A Mother would have given her such love that she never felt like she even had the chance to feel like she needed her Father. A Mother wouldn’t have been selfish enough to forget her amazing, beautiful children,” Drake body shook and I realised anger was going to take over. I placed my hand on his chest, right against his heart and wrapped my free hand around his waist.

His whole posture relaxed under my touch. My Mother looked furious yet I knew she was humiliated. She had no remorse or guilt though and it made me realise how little she cared for Tommy and me.

“I give her a home to live in!” she screamed pathetically. Maybe she forgot how she never gave me any more money to eat or buy clothes to wear. I didn’t have a job and I couldn’t get any without the experience they needed. I had to use money from the university fund I had saved up. I also had money from my boxing championship, the prize of ten grand. I hadn’t used a penny but that was to save for a flat for both Tommy and me so I didn’t have to do deal with my so-called Mother.

“Not anymore. She’s none of your concern anymore,” Drake pulled me up the stairs and into my bedroom. He started taking the very few things in my closet and started shoving them into a suitcase that was tucked under my bed. Everything was out and the suitcase wasn’t even half full yet. It was sad sight. I owned such little but I didn’t dare complain. How could I when there were kids out there with nothing?

“Grab the things you need Rose, we’re out of here,” Drake said. I frowned, standing in the middle of my bedroom watching as he shoved my laptop and essentials into the suitcase. I pursed my lips as he pulled out the bag with my boxing gear in it. How the hell did he know I would need that?

“Wait, where are we going?” I asked in complete confusion.

“You’re living with us from now on,” he said before checking if he missed anything. I just stood there with my mouth gaped wide open in disbelief.

“What?” I asked in incredulity.

“I’m not letting you stay here. You don’t belong in an empty house with a woman like that. Not a fuck way’s in chance am I letting that happen,” he clenched his teeth.

“I…I cant,” I shook my head.

“What do you mean you cant?” he growled.

“I mean I cant Drake. No. I can’t just impose on your family. Look, I appreciate it, I really do. Thank you but I’ll be fine okay?” I forced a smiled but it felt horribly fake and by judging from his face, I wasn’t getting anything through to his head.

“Appreciate it? Thank you?” he laughed mockingly. Drake was pissed off and by pissed, I mean shaking with controlled anger. He wasn’t happy and I knew it was all because of my Mother.

“I can’t Drake,” I shook my head once again.

“Say it again, go on, I dare you,” he growled lowly and for some reason, I found tingles running up my spine. There was something incredibly sexy about his anger.

“I can-“

I didn’t even blink before Drake’s lips were smashed onto mine. The kiss was strong, passionate and persuasive. Both his hands held my face firmly in place and he was in full control. My body automatically tried to bridge the gap between our bodies and as Drake tangled his hand into my hair and the other ran down my back, I moaned out loud. He smiled against my lips and I pulled back with a fake glare to hide my embarrassment.

“You can hmm?” he asked with green eyes full of lust. I shivered at the look and stood on my tiptoes for another kiss. He picked me up this time, lifting me as if I was as light as a single feather. I squealed in surprise as he kissed down my neck whilst walking forward. I didn’t know where we were going but when my back hit the wall I let my mind shut of and focused on Drakes soft lips on mine.

Our tongues fought for dominance but in the end, Drake got what he wanted and proved through the kiss how much of a man he really was. Mind-blowing was only a touch of what I felt and right now, I felt like I died and flew to heaven with wings. Nothing could compare to him and as he held me securely and placed butterfly kisses across my jaws, I knew I couldn’t say no.

“This is not fair,” I mumbled distractedly, letting my fingers roam through his dark hair. He buried himself in my neck, lightly grazing my skin with his teeth teasingly.

“What? This?” he asked before biting down and sucking to make the love bite I’ve never had. I gasped out loud and held him tighter. The feeling was strange but those sparks flew through me in an electric current. He was going to be the death of me.

“Okay! Okay! Stop!” I giggled as he nuzzled his face in my hair. He pecked my lips once, twice and then again with a huge smile. That dimple always bringing a smile to my face and just like that, I felt like I could do anything with Drake by my side.

“I love you,” he said with those green eyes bright and radiant. With the look he gave me, it gave me no doubt that he didn’t. With his broad shoulders and muscular arms caged around me, I felt protected. That was a feeling I only ever felt with my Father.

“You better! I’m moving in with you,” I winked before pushing myself off him. He frowned at me, clearly not impressed with my response to his three words but I just stuck my tongue out as I packed the few little things I needed.

I was musing over whether I should take the giant teddy my mother had brought me when I was only five. It was sweet memory. I never had the heart to get rid of it because it was a reminder that my mother wasn’t always like this. She was a beautiful and wonderful mother when my Father was still in our lives. Every time I remembered how she was, I could feel the tears gathering in my eyes. Deep inside, I was just a girl who wanted her mother back.

Now here I was leaving.

“Drake?” I stared at the Teddy as I called out for my boyfriend. I hadn’t heard a peep from him and when I got no response, I frowned.

I turned around and came to a sight of an empty bedroom. I could feel my face contort in confusion as I wandered around, just waiting for him to jump out and scare me.

He didn’t.

I walked out of my bedroom, everything packed and ready except the teddy. I quietly strolled down the corridor before coming to a halt at the top of the staircase where I could hear my Mother’s screeching voice.

“You can’t take her away from me! Nobody would want her unless they want something from her!” I flinched. She really believed no one could ever love me. At one point, I really believed that too. But I knew a tiny part of me was scared that Drake truly didn’t love me. It was too good to be true.

Drakes laugh filled my ears. It was humourless and darkly controlled.

“You’re letting your loss and guilt make you ugly Mrs Addams. You know full well that any man would beg to have a touch of her love. You were so deceitful to make her believe otherwise, all because of your selfish ways. You wanted to keep her here; you wanted to keep her locked in so you didn’t lose someone else. Yet without you even realising, you lost her on the way.”

I held onto the banister tightly. My heart drumming as I listened to Drake’s deep words. I bit down on my lip as I waited for my Mother’s response.

“That…that’s not true,” my Mother’s voice didn’t come out as strong as I knew she wanted it to.

“Don’t lie to yourself because in the end, it’ll only hurt you,” Drake’s voice was stiff and tense.

“She’s my daughter,” my Mother said weakly.

“And she’s my life. That’s what you should have said but you’ve forgotten the role of a Mother. She needed you more than ever when your husband died. You could have helped each other; you could have grown stronger together. You wouldn’t have let Tommy grow up without a real Mother by his side,” a lone tear slipped down my cheek as I wondered how things would have been if she didn’t change.

“I-“

“No Mrs Addams. You need to go and fix yourself. You need to be sober and remember that without your children, you’ve lost all the gold in the world,” Drake interrupted whatever my Mother’s excuse was going to be.

“And do you know what?”

I waited, just imagining my mother with her head hanging low. She must have given some signal since Drake carried on. “Your daughter has the kindest soul. She is so innocent, so pure that I wouldn’t have ever believed you could be her mother. I’m asking you, no. I’m begging you to find the mother you once were. Because they need you and every night, they wish for their mother to come back to them. Just please, stop the drinking and start remembering that your husband would never have wanted for you to be like this.”

I closed my eyes, each word knocking in me. My chest was rising and falling faster with every breath as I struggled to keep the tears back. I begged for Drake’s words to make my mother realise that both Tommy and I wanted her back.

“She won’t ever forgive me for this,” my eyes snapped open in shock, her voice sounded timid, gentle and so sad. In a little over a year, I heard emotion and I heard the voice of a mother missing her child.

“If you believe that then you don’t know Rosie well enough. She’ll forgive you in a heartbeat. Just piece yourself back together and when you’re ready, call her. She’ll answer and I’ll be right by her side,” I smiled as I listened to Drake. He sounded mature, just like a real man.

“Take care of her,” I heard my Mother say. I had to strain my ears to hear her, she sounded like all the energy was drained out of her.

“Always,” my tummy fluttered as I stood at the top of the staircase with a small smile. Then I heard shuffling; clearly indicating that Drake was going to be coming back up. I panicked slightly, before tip toeing as fast as I could towards my bedroom but then I stubbed my foot on the side of a random box making me groan out loud.

“Rosie?”

I squeezed my eyes shut and cursed quietly before slowly turning around on one foot. I looked like a hopping kangaroo.

“Oh! Hey Drake,” I waved stupidly as he stood in the corridor, only a few feet away from me. I couldn’t help but realise how nicely his dark shirt fit him and the way his jeans sat snuggly around his waist.

‘Lucky pieces of fabric,’ I thought to myself.

“What are you doing?” he asked with an amused smile. I blushed as he took a step towards me.

“Oh nothing really, you?” I asked casually. He raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing me. I was so close to getting into my room if it wasn’t for that stupid box. Fate really did know how to make things amusing.

“Oh you know, talking to your Mum. Obviously you know that right?” he asked and my eyes widened.

How the hell did he know? I thought I was pretty discreet about it.

“Um no?” he laughed and shook his head.

“What have I said about your lies?”

“That you can see right through them,” I grumbled like a little child. I could just feel his smirk as I looked down. My foot still hurt and I was so concentrated on ignoring the pain that I screamed out loud when I felt myself being lifted up.

Drake’s deep chuckle met my ears as I was cradled more comfortably in his arms. He started walking towards my bedroom and I just blushed and scowled.

“Drake! Put me down!”

“Nope, you hurt your foot,” he shrugged and I had to hold back the sigh. He really was perfectly amazing.

“Yeah but I’ll survive Drake. Honestly, you don’t have to save me from every little thing,” I smiled up at him but I was serious and he knew that.

“But I want to,” he laid me onto my bed and kneeled on the floor beside me. “I want to make everything and anything easier for you and there’s nothing you can do to stop me from doing so.”

I bit down on my bottom lip as I held back the little girly squeal that wanted release. He was going to kill me with all the love. But what I loved the most was the way he could look me in the eye and say exactly what he felt. There was no shyness, he was confident and it had my heart drumming.

“Are you real?” I blurted out then slapped my hand across my mouth. This is what his green eyes do to me. Make me say stupid things.

“Are you real?” he asked with that dimpled smile before removing my hand from my mouth and intertwining both of ours together.

“No,” I whispered as he leant forward and brushed his lips against mine.

“Then neither am I,” he whispered back before catching my lips in a sweet, soft kiss. It was short but it had my heart racing and those little tingles dancing before we both laughed lightly.

“Everything’s going to be okay,” he said while brushing my hair back from my face.

“Everything’s going to be okay,” I agreed, pressing my forehead against his. We stayed like that for a few moments. No words, nothing. Just smiling softly at one another in perfect contentment.

“Ready to go?” he asked a little while later, pulling back to pick my suitcase up.

I nodded and helped with the other luggage before following after Drake and out of the house. I didn’t look back as Drake hauled his bike onto my pick up truck and drove us away. The radio played but I didn’t listen. I mindlessly gazed out of the window, a million thoughts buzzing through my mind. But the thing that stuck out the most was my worry if Cathy didn’t want me living with her family.

“What are you thinking about?” I heard Drake say. I felt him grab my hand and kiss the back of it gently.

I smiled before saying, “Everything.”

“Right, well that narrows things down,” I looked at him before sticking my tongue out of him.

“Real mature,” he nodded and I rolled my eyes. Then before I knew it, we were parked outside his small house and I started panicking mentally. I took a few seconds to calm myself down as Drake walked around the truck and held the door open for me.

I jumped out and followed him towards the door. He didn’t take my luggage out yet, but I had my handbag with the essentials inside anyway. As soon as he gestured for me to go in first I heard Cathy’s warm voice, “Is that you Drake?”

“Yeah Mum and Rose too!” Drake shouted back and I smiled at how natural it all seemed. Then before I could blink, I saw Cathy stumble out of the kitchen and then nearly knocking me off my feet for a big hug. I hugged her back with a little laugh, my worry completely forgotten.

“Hey Cathy,” I pulled back with a smile.

“Hey sweet pea, how are you?” she asked while receiving a peck on the cheek from Drake. It was an adorable sight.

“Well since we met only a little while ago from the parents day, nothing too bad has happened so I’m still okay,” I lied only a little.

“Good, now what can I make you guys to eat?” we walked into the living room together and towards the kitchen before Drake stopped walking.

“Actually Mum, I have to talk to you about something. Rose you can go freshen up and I’m sure food will be ready by then,” Drake said, a reassuring smile blessing his face as he pecked me on the forehead.

Cathy frowned slightly, looking confused and worried but she smiled at me anyway, telling me to make myself at home. I wonder if she’d still say that when Drake tells her about my situation.

I walked out of the room and up the stairs quietly. I walked straight into Drake’s bedroom at the furthest end of the corridor and dumped my bag on the floor. I felt embarrassed. Embarrassed that I had to stay at someone else’s house, although I didn’t ask to. I felt like I would be considered as an intruder on the family. It wasn’t a nice feeling.

I stepped into the bathroom and walked straight towards the sink. I didn’t want to look at my reflection in the mirror so I opened the taps and splashed my face with cold water. I hoped it would wash away all my troubles and insecurities but life just wasn’t that kind.

I closed the taps and let the drops of water trickle down my face with my eyes tightly shut. I don’t know how long I stood like that with a frown on my face. This was such a huge step. I was scared.

There was a gentle knock on the door that jolted me out my trance. I quickly shouted a, “Coming!” before wiping my face and opening the door expecting to see Drake. Instead I looked down to see Annabelle.

“Ro!” she squealed before literally jumping on me. I just about caught her on time to avoid toppling on the bathroom tiles. That wouldn’t have been comfortable.

“Hey Anna!” I laughed as I walked us to Drake’s room.

“When did you come?” she asked, holding tightly around my neck with that adoring look in her bright eyes as I placed her on my hip.

“Not too long ago sweetie,” I plopped us both down on Drake’s bed. She stayed settled on my lap with a contented smile.

“Will you be staying for dinner later?” she asked with hope. I pursed my lips. I didn’t know whether to tell her I would be staying much longer than that. With her baby smile and green eyes so similar to Drake’s I forgot my worries.

“I-“

“She’ll be staying here forever my little angel,” I looked up to the person that interrupted me.

Cathy stood at the doorway with a loving smile. She made her way across the room. She sat beside me on the bed before taking my hand and placing it in hers. That motherly look blessed her face as she stared at me with kindness.

“You know you are welcome here for as long as you want Rose dear. I see you as my very own daughter and I know Anna here loves you like her own older sister too. We all care for you and we’re here right by your side for anything and everything. I promise that you’re not alone sweet pea. I’m blessed to welcome you into my home and family,” her grip on my hand was firm and her voice defined honesty. Cathy was a beautiful woman, inside and out and each word she spoke warmed my heart.

“Thank you Cathy, that means a lot to me,” I whispered with tears blurring my vision. There weren’t enough words to show my gratitude, I just hoped she could see how much it touched me.

“No, thank you Rose. I don’t think you realise what you’ve brought to my family,” I frowned in confusion as to what exactly I’ve done.

“What do-“

“Wait! Does that mean Ro will be staying with us now?” Anna interrupted me suddenly with wide eyes shining.

“Yes,” Cathy smiled at her daughter as she let out a very loud, girly scream. She literally bounced up and down on my lap, her curls flying before she knocked the breath out of me with a tight hug.

“Oh my god! This is the best thing ever!” she shrieked in my ear, making me wince and laugh all at once. All that heavy worry lifted away, fading till it seized to exist.

“It is the best thing,” I heard a deep voice agree. I looked up to see Drake leaning against the door to his bedroom. I didn’t know how long he had been standing there for but it didn’t matter once I got lost in his loving gaze.

“Okay, now foods ready. Be downstairs in five okay? Anna you can help me out,” Cathy picked her daughter from my lap and walked out but not before throwing a cheeky wink over her shoulder at me.

Oh god.

Drake didn’t see the wink but I knew he knew that his mother purposefully left with Anna to give us a few moments. It was a thoughtful gesture and it still amazed me how genuine Cathy really was.

Drake stood up from the doorway and took a step towards me. I got up from the bed, thinking how I could possibly form the words to thank him. I didn’t even know how to start but I took determined steps towards him anyway. I needed to be close to him and right now, I didn’t like the gap between us.

He met me halfway where we both stopped and just stood staring at each other. No words were spoken, just silence as I stared at the man who managed to bring light into my life. It was then that I realised that I could never express with words how much I appreciated everything. So I closed the gap without a breaths moment before smashing my lips to his with nothing but fierce passion.

Appreciation.

Gratitude.

Acceptance.

Hope.

Love.

Every emotion I felt poured into the kiss as I pressed my body fully against his. I felt his shock when he stood motionless and then when I wrapped my arms around his neck, he pulled me impossibly tighter. His hold on me was a promise.

His lips held me captive, soft yet firm as they danced in sync. I melted. I literally felt my knees buckle at the overwhelming tenderness he kissed me with. I would have fell if he didn’t have a protective hold on me.

We parted as I tried to right myself but I was like jelly right now. So he lifted me up in one swift movement as if I weighed the mass of a feather. I wrapped my legs around his waist and pressed my lips to his once again.

It was sweet and simple. Then with our lips brushing against each other, he whispered, “I love you.”

The tears I tried to keep back finally released. They trickled down my cheek silently and as his eyes widened surprise, I buried my face in his neck. I breathed in his masculine scent, trying to stop the water works but it was difficult. The relief, the sadness and happiness all at once were too much.

“Shh, everything will work out,” Drake’s deep yet soft voice had me calm down as he ran his hand up and down my back in a soothing gesture. I pulled back to see that I was sat on Drake’s lap while he sat on the bed. I didn’t even realise he had moved us.

“Sorry I-“

“No,” Drake shook his head, silencing me from saying anything. He wiped the last drops of tears, trailing them with his thumb lightly.

“You’ve stayed strong for too long now Rosie, all because you didn’t have a choice, but not anymore Rosie. I swear to you that I’m going to be here as long as you want me to be and even then, I will be fighting for you,” he said, his pure green eyes locked with mine. He held my face in his palms, our foreheads touching and our nose brushing.

“So let your emotions go. Smile for no damn reason; laugh fully like it’s your last day, cry because it’s just too much. Because now, I’m the man in your life that you can always rely on, understood?”

I nodded as one lone tear trickled down my cheek. Drake’s lips kissed it away and then I giggled as he flicked my nose before I tackled him in the tightest hug I could give.

I cried. I smile. I laughed.

“I love you so damn much Drake!” I shouted just in time as he crashed his lips to mine and once again he stole the breath out of me. Butterfly’s and tingles ran through me in an endless haze. I could never get used that.

“It’s been more than five minutes now get down here!” I heard Cathy’s voice resonate through the small house, completely killing the moment. I laughed as Drake untangled himself from me with a groan.

“Coming Mum!” he shouted back with an eye roll before grabbing my hand and leading me down the stairs for what he told me was some homemade pasta. I had been living on eating cereal, so that sounded great to me.

“Hey Drake, can you do me a favour?” I asked as we stepped in the kitchen where a small table was filled with plates of pasta. It smelled absolutely delicious and I knew it was going to taste delicious too, judging by the way Anna was stuffing her face.

“Yeah what is it?” he asked as we took our seats.

“I want to move the fight with Grant for tomorrow and do it at the gym instead, in a proper ring. I promised Tommy that we could all hang out together so I thought, he might as well see what his sister can actually do,” I shrugged.

“You mean how you’re some kickass badass?” Drake raised an eyebrow.

I grinned cheekily.

“Something like that,” I winked before taking a bite out of the pasta and giving a thumbs up to Cathy.

“This is amazing Cathy!” I complimented in which she gave me a radiant smile.

“Thank you sweetie. Now what’s this fight hey? I want to come and see!” she said excitedly. To say I was surprised was a little bit of an understatement. I thought she would be scolding me not encouraging it.

“Wait, lets book the gym for us lot only tomorrow evening, then Mum can see what we’re talking about,” Drake suggested.

“Sounds good,” I nodded with a smile.

“So now it’s a surprise?” Cathy asked.

“Yup so you’ll find out tomorrow,” I tapped my nose to indicate it was secret for now.

“I want to come too!” Anna announced.

“You can, Tommy will be there too,” I winked at her and she turned bright red in an instant. Oh it was just too fun to tease them. She mumbled something under her breath before continuing to eat.

She was too adorable.

“Alright that’s sorted then. Oh Mum, Rosie and I will be out tonight,” Drake said casually. I swallowed my food down and stared at him in questioning. I didn’t know we were going to go out.

“On a date?” Cathy asked with a loving smile.

“Yeah…” Drake trailed off, looking kind of embarrassed by the look Cathy was giving him. It looked like she wanted to squeal like a little schoolgirl. I stifled a giggle.

“Well have fun then, I won’t stay up,” she winked at me this time and I internally groaned. I think she liked teasing us.

We talked about different things after. The topics were light and cheerful. I felt like I was part of the family as we finished off our lunch with smiles. I then helped with the dishes, ignoring Cathy’s protests.

I was about to turn the kitchen lights off when I finished cleaning up but then Drake walked in and I paused.

“How comes we’re going out tonight?” I asked him curiously.

“You wanted to know about the gang stuff so I’m going to tell you tonight,” he said but he didn’t look me in the eye. I knew he was uncomfortable talking about it with me and I knew he thinks I would hate him after.

“Okay,” I smiled and kissed his cheek.

Then he walked away, shoulders tense. He was preparing himself for the worst. I just knew it and I was going to prove him wrong. Don’t matter the story, I know he was a good guy and I wasn’t going to walk away from the one man I loved.

Not a hell’s chance.

I was ready to finally hear his story.

.......................................................................................................................................

Like it? Let me know your thoughts. I read all your comments and each one makes my day. If you would like to know anything at all then just private message me. I will eventually reply to each one of you amazing people.

Thank you so much for the support. A lot of you have voted for each chapter and commented. That means a lot to me. Honestly, it all makes a difference to get my book out there and more popular so thank you again. 

I have exams coming up in January so I don't know when the next upload will be but hopefully it will be around Christmas. I write for you guys now, so vote and comment please!

-Swaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 148 45
Skylar is a girl who is 17 and has a painful past. Her parents are both alcoholics and once in awhile do drugs. And once Skylar gets tired of arguing...
60.1K 2K 20
"I-I" I wanted to tell him, the words were on my lips but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Doing that would destroy any hope of us being togeth...
152K 3.1K 45
Jupiter's life has always been hard from her mom taking her way from her family to her mother's boyfriend beating her almost every day. Then it all c...
140K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...