▪[ ××× DISABLED ××× ]▪ ~|| Bn...

By IssaWithABlankSpace

Are you sure you can be a hero , even in that state you're in ??? "Impossible odds set the stage of amazing m... More

《Chapter 1: The Best Birthday gift》
《Chapter 2 : Celebrations and Tragedies》
《Chapter 3 : 8 years no see》
《Chapter 4 : A Dream being doubted》
《 Chapter 5 : Striving 》
《Chapter 6 : U.A.'s restrictions》
《Chapter 7: Adjusting to the ropes》
《Chapter 8 : Unstable》
《Chapter 9 : The Demon saved me》
《Chapter 10 : Impromptu Date》
《Chapter 11 : Lost and Returned》
《Chapter 12 : Finding solutions》
《 Chapter 13: Days to Prepare》
《Chapter 14: Unintentional Reunion》
《Chapter 15: The day of the Festival》
《Chapter 16: A Savage Cavalry》
《Chapter 17: Disowned yet Accepted》
《Chapter 18: Declaration》
《Chapter 19: The Quirk we Own》
《Chapter 20: Bottling it up》
《Chapter 21: More than One》
《Chapter 22: Discarded》
《Chapter 23: His Scar》
《Chapter 24: Different Situation》
《Chapter 25: Who's the first then?》
《Chapter 27: Little Hero》
《Chapter 28: Influence with Riches》
《Chapter 29: Concentration Is My Limit》
《Chapter 30: Flash》
AUTHOR'S MESSAGE

《Chapter 26: Rebuild and Shatter》

1.9K 78 47
By IssaWithABlankSpace

Before the chapter beginnings, I want you guys to choose which Hero names you want for our main heroine.

Metallica
Polaris
Indomitable

[Comment on which do you prefer...]

Now back to the story!!!

•••
As much as I wanted to sleep during the whole car ride, present Mic kept on blasting on his speakers singing whatever music it was playing. I was tempted to use my quirk and trying to lower the volume by manipulating the button but I think I'd just alarm them. Still, as much as I wanted to get some shut eye, a quiet car ride with Present Mic is never an option.

Although I'm surprised Aizawa-sensei has complained or anything. Maybe he's used to Present Mic being this lou- WHAT THE HE FELL ASLEEP!?

How?
What?
With a volume blarring at this-

That can't be... Maybe he has earplugs or something

"So (Y/n)-chan!" Present Mic spoke up. I instantly turned my attention to him.

"Y-Yes" My voice slightly quivered.

"How are you holding up? Don't tell anyone but you were one of the students I was betting on during the School Festival" Present Mic said, his eyes focused on the road. "You were like the underdog! A rising star! Diva!"

I was takenaback by this. I felt flattered at the sametime embarrassed to get some praise- especially from Present Mic. The thought of someone rooting for me still felt surreal.

"You were so strong! You were like this sorceress of Metal- Metallica! Say, when you become a hero why don't you change your name to Metallica?" He suddenly suggested.

"Metallica?" I mumbled. Thinking about it, I haven't yet thought of giving myself a hero name. Well, it kind of felt childish and a bit early for now since I feel like I'm not yet at that stage of giving myself for recognition.

"Metallica: The Metal bending hero!" Present Mic exclaimed, "That sounds cool, don't you agree?"

I was about to respond when Aizawa-sensei had cut me off. "You shouldn't be the one giving her a hero name Hizashi..." He said in deep groggy voice. "(Y/n)'s the one who should choose her own name... And besides, it isn't the time for her to be choosing what name she wants..." Without nothing more to say, he fell back to sleep.

I guess the answer to him being used to Present Mic's car rides have been answer but what he just said intrigued me.

Not yet the time to name myself?

I've always been curious how heroes get their names. How they came up with simple yet names with deep and witty meaning. Naming may sound easy, but this name would forever be with us. Its would signify as our identity... Our symbol...

Symbol...

Can I really become the Symbol of Hope?
Can I really inspire others that even if they're incomplete, they can still surpass others?

I shook away these thoughts for now. Just like what Aizawa-sensei said, it wasn't the time to be thinkings of these things.

Just awhile ago we encountered a villain! That should be on my mind right now! The fact he knows I'm staying with the Todoroki household is alarming. I should be wary of stranger and creeps now. Sure I can hold on my own, but its better to play it careful and safe.

"(Y/n)-chan, the Todoroki estate was it?" Present Mic asked.

"Yeah" I said.

After a couple more minutes of driving, we've finally arrived at the front gate of the large residence. Present Mic and Aizawa-sensei waited for me to head inside before they left. As much as I wanted to use my quirk and unlock the gate by myself, I'm worried it might trigger an alarm or something and cause a panic in the household.

As I rang the doorbell, the gate opened- to my dismay it wasn't Fuyumi who greeted me but Shoto. He was wearing his training attire and was very much sweaty. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before speaking. I expected a long greeting or a bit of annoying lecture from him but all I got was, "Oh... You're back." Afterwards he just left the door open as he headed inside the house.

I felt stupid for expecting him to do something grand or kindhearted like saying "Welcome (Y/n), or where were you?!" But I guess Shoto wasn't the type to do that. I let out a sigh and bid goodbye to Aizawa-sensei and Present Mic as I entered the household.

As I entered the house, it was oddly quiet. Is Endeavor home? Fuyumi must be asleep now seeing that most of the lights are already out and the fact its already late.

"Ne-chan left some food for you on the dinner table" Shoto said before he dissapeared into his room.

I tried my best to head to the kitchen quality. I made sure to carry myself as light as possible, but my leg braces were still heavy. Every step I made, a large creek would be heard. As much as I wanted to soar around by carrying myself through the leg braces, I'm still not used to it. I just internally prayed that Endeavor and Fuyumi were heavy sleepers.

As I arrived in the kitchen, I found 2 bowls of soba on the table. It looked scrumptious, it made my mouth water since I didn't have dinner yet. But 2 bowls? I appreciate the effort but I doubt I could finish two bowls. It would be a waste-

I think I was mistaken.

My eyed caught a certain note stuck unto the fridge.

Shoto, (Y/n). Left some food for you two for dinner. Father isn't home, and I accidentally made so much. I hope you two enjoy!

-Fuyumi

The half-and-half hasn't eaten yet as well. Might as well invite him for dinner then.

Carrying the two bowls on a tray, I knocked on Shoto's door- not caring if he was asleep already. I'm not letting this soba go to waste! After a few seconds of waiting, I decided to knock again but before I could Shoto opened the door.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Fuyumi left us dinner" I replied as I pointed at the levitating tray carrying two bowls of soba.

"I'm not hungry" He bluntly said and was about to close the door, but I stopped it with my quirk.

"I'm afraid I won't take no for an answer" I said as I gave him one of the bowl. "Fuyumi-san, your sister, took the time and effort to make food for us. You better eat it or I'll forcefully stuff it in your mouth."

Shoto let out a heavy sigh, "Knowing how stubborn you are... The word no is never in you dictionary" he said as he left his room with the bowl in his hand. "What are you standing around for? Aren't you going to eat with me?"

"Of course!" I replied, a bit surprised and happy at the sametime. For the first time he listened to me! Is this the sign of a non problematic relationship with the half-and-half?

I stand corrected as had our dinner. It was quite. The only sound were us slurping our soba's. Shoto wasn't even looking at me, nor glancing- he was just focused on his soba. It kinda felt awkward. I'm not really used to situations like this. The awkwardness was killing me. Oh if only the person eating in front fo me was Kirishima, Bakugo or Tenya- at least it would be a bit lively and interesting.

"Is something wrong?" Shoto spoke, breaking the silence. "You've been looking at me for the pass 50 seconds" he said.

I looked away feeling a bit embarrassed and stupid. "Just shut up and eat your soba" I replied with a snarky tone.

"But you're the one who hasn't touched Fuyumi's food" He said in his flat voice.

I flared my nose and began on gobbling up the Soba.

Why?

It's better to eat than think of a better comeback for the his replies.

"You're going to choke if you eat to fast-"

"You don't have to worry about me, just eat yours!" I cut him off.

Shoto let out another sigh, "You always confuse me, you know that right?". I just rolled my eyes at his statement. "One minute you're being this rain of sunshine, the next you're like this heat wave."

"What does that suppose to mean?" I spoke, my voice a little higher.

"Just finish your meal, it'd be a waste to not finish that good soba" Shoto said as he stood up, all done. "I'll do the washing, you better get some rest. It looks like you've been using your quirk to wall for the whole day... Where have you been anyways?"

"It's none of your business" I replied as I finished my soba. Like he cares where I've been lately. I'm not eager on knowing how his day went, so why should I bother answering. Besides... I don't know what his reaction would be if he found out I was almost attacked by an inferior villain wannabee. He'd just overreact to it.

"Alright then" He only said, and once again silence crept in the room.

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt and decided to speak up. "So how was your day?"

Dang it why am I so fickle!?

"I heard ealier Fuyumi asking on where you were going. She sounded surprised by it" I said.

"I went to see my mother."

His response was brief, but his words had changed the atmosphere. My eyes widened upon hearing what he just said...

"Shoto..." I mumbled.

"We talked" Shoto said. "And I have to thank you (Y/n)... The words you've told me that night, you were right."

I could felt my cheeks warm up. It was a bit embarrassing that I had the audacity to dive into personal stuff such as Shoto's relationship.

"I've made a promise after meeting with her..." Shoto spoke in a distant tone. I rose a brow, a bit curious on what this promise was. "I'm going to protect the things that are dear to me. In order to become the ideal hero, I first have to fix the rift I've created" his eyes focused on me. Though his face looked stone cold and serious, his eyes were far more filled with emotions unable to be expressed by words itself.

"Shoto I-"

"Looks like you're done eating" He said as he took the now empty bowl of Yakisoba I have. "You better change and rest-"

I stood up from my seat and grabbed the bowl from him.

"Why don't we do the dishes together?" I said shyly.

》》》

Our rest day was over, and it was back to classes at U.A. It was a rainy morning that day, so I took the liberty of calling my most trusted driver- Jotaro to take us to school. By us, yes me and Shoto- and no, the us I mean is just a pronoun! Not like an us in a romantic way or anything!!! You get the picture...

Fuyumi bid us good bye as we went inside the car. As much as I wanted to use my leg braces, I've decided to go by wheelchair today. I doubt we'd be having a wild hero training session for the day- the festival just ended after all.

"Are you sure you'll be fine in not bringing your leg braces?" Shoto asked me as we were seated in the car.

"Of course! Those Leg braces are just an increase for my mobility. I can still take any down even if I'm just a wheelchair. Seated, Standing, or running- My polarity can pretty well make up for what I lack" I said proudly.

The traveled to U.A. was smooth, although a bit cold due to the rain. I'm slowly having second thoughts on using a wheelchair, especially since it looks like a downpour. It was a bit of a struggle but I managed. Thanks to Jotaro and Shoto's help.

As we made our way to the classroom, I could feel eyes at us- especially me. And it's not the good kind of attention of getting! Some students were murmuring. Some gave me weird looks. But when they look at Shoto, it turned into awe and admiration!

Oh gosh, in the name of Present Mic's Vocal chords please don't tell me they're jealous or something! Coz if some random extras think I'm somewhat dating this bastard by my side and I'm going to vomit. Shipping is one thing but straight up getting jealous just because I'm physically close to Shoto is just wrong.

Without any more thought, I sped up the pace of wheels to distance myself from Shoto.

"Huh, (Y/n) where are you going-" Without giving him another word I zoomed towards the classroom in embarrassment. The moment I arrived inside, I was greeted by the girls.

"Good morning (Y/n)!" Tsu and Tooru greeted.

"(K/nn)! Good morning!" Kirishima greeted with a bright smile.

Mina cheerfully skipped towards me and greeted as well, "(Y/n)-chan! Good morning!"

"What's wrong with you? You look like you've been chased by a villain" Kaminari questioned.

"Maybe (Y/n)-chan's been chased by fans! After all she was one of the students who stood out" Tooru answered cheerfully.

I shrugged, "It's not that, it's just-" At that moment Shoto entered the room, on the other door. Hagakure and the others greeted him, but he just gave them the cold shoulder. On the other hand, Mina let out a mischievous smirk.

"Don't tell me you and Todoroki did something" She whispered mischievously.

I could feel myself flush in embarrassment. "N-No we didn't!" I responded, then quickly headed to my seat.

I slumped on my wheel chair and buried my face on the desk hiding my blush. Leave it to Mina to deal with the teasing. How can I feel comfortable around that Half-and-Half if people think me and him are an item? Can't a rival just be rivals and nothing more?

I slowly sat up from my seat and just watched as how everyone dealed in waiting for the others to arrive and for class to start. Katsuki looked oddly calm, but the stingy look on his face was still there. Majority of us have already arrived- strange Midoriya's not yet here... Oh and Tenya as well.

Tenya... I doubt he'd come today seeing that he has to deal with his brother and all. He didn't left any message or call after what had happened in the hospital. Maybe he's busy... Still, it'd be nice to hang out with him today.

"(K/nn) is something bothering you?" Kirishima approached me.

"It's nothing. Just getting used to the fact I'm now living with Shoto" I mumbled.

"Oh" Kirishima muttered. As I looked at him, he looked a bit sad for a moment. "Hey, if Todoroki did something to you! Like hurt you or anything, I'll make him pay!" He said as he slammed his fists.

I chuckled, "I appreciate the care Kirishima. But I think I can handle myself if he does anything funny."

"Still... I just don't like seeing you sad, especially after what happened at the Sports Festival" He said in a low voice that only the two of us could hear.

My eyes widened, "Kirishima... I-"

The door opened revealing Tenya and Midoriya arrived at the sametime. I could feel myself smiling upon seeing him. When Tenya turned to my direction he gave a small adorable smile. At least his smile is enough to reassure me that he's doing fine... so far.

Upon Aizawa-sensei's arrival the whole class piped down. Everyone was takenaback at our now bandage-less teacher. Well, I'm not surprised anymore since I saw him yesterday.

"We're having a special hero informatics class today" Aizawa-sensei spoke up. The long pause made everyone anxious on what could it be.

"Code name" He said, "You'll be coming up with hero code names." In an instant everyone was about to leap for joy and excitement. Everbody partying until Aizawa-sensei's quirk is activated.

He then explained to us its relation to the hero draft picks and how important our performance was during the festival. Hearing all of it made me nervous.

Surely they saw potential in me right? Surely I'm a good candidate? As I began on questioning myself, the memories of my last battle in the tournament kept creeping in. The damaged I've done... The terror I've showcased... My unstable powers being shown to the world-

"(Y/n)-chan, are you ok?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. As I turned around, Mina was looking at me with a worried look. "You look like you were somewhat shaking" she said.

I gasped. I was about to let loose again. I internally thank myself for taking one of Recovery Girl's medicine and Mina for snapping me out of my trance.

I let out a deep breathe and gave Mina a reassuring smile. "Yeah... I'm fine. Just a bit chilly."

"Ok then" She said, but still looked unsure.

"Here are the totals of these offers" With a press of a remote by Aizawa-sensei, the number offers everyone got was showcased. There were oohs and aahs. Many were jolly that they managed to at least get offers. Some were baffled at the number of offers Shoto got, no surprise there.

Yet the one thing that took my breath away was the offers I've recieved.

"Huh, that's strange... Why doesn't (Y/n) have any offers? Ribbit" Tsu questioned.

"Sensei, your data must be wrong. (Y/n) doesn't have any offers" Momo spoke up as well.

"An error must have happened!" Tenya spoke up. "Shouldn't (Y/n) be getting offers as well? In fact bountiful of them after her tremendous display at the festival?"

Tenya.... My heart fluttered when he said those words.

But in an instant it was easily shattered by Aizawa-sensei's reply.

"There is no fluke there, (Y/n) isn't to be given any offers according to the school board themselves."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 2.4K 24
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎 32-𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟-𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑢𝑝 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑟�...
6.4K 47 30
This story features you, a high school girl with a normal life, in a world filled with quirk gifted people. Until one day, you start your journey to...
82.1K 2.6K 42
ᵃ ᵏᵃᵗˢᵘᵏⁱ ᵇᵃᵏᵘᵍᵒᵘ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞?" 𝙰 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌...
123K 3.7K 32
UNDER EDITING "I'm no hero..." Something she told herself when she was at her worst and no one would tell her otherwise... This is a fanfic about My...