shadow of a doubt | d.m

Par callmeav21

i don't want to live, not without her. - post battle of Hogwarts Plus

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
NEW BOOK

11

7.7K 326 499
Par callmeav21

Devyn ran till her body couldn't cease to go any faster.

Sprinting to find the one boy it mattered most to-

Ron Weasley.

He was probably off to tell Harry, Ginny, whoever else her impact made to.

But in reality he wasn't.

He slightly sat against the pieces of the bridge that fell between Hogwarts and pine tree filled fields.

As Dev ran, she searched between every empty hallway, not caring whether she obviously skipped her next few classes.

Her friendship with the boy matter more, although she already destroyed the wrecks of it.

From kissing the devil, to fixing the remains of broken friendship, her day was clearly one of the worst.

Finally, within the peak of dawn she found the lone boy. A spitting image of potential sadness. Ginger hair ruffled within brisk wind, and eyes gleaming throughout the trees.

"Ron.." She spoke softly.

The boy kept quiet.

"Please-

"-Why" He said. Tone with edge.

"I-i don't know it happened-

"You don't know?" his body finally turned to face the guilty girl.

"Look. It just happened okay?" Her voice turned with defense. The only mechanism she could pull.

"You know who he is right?"

"What- yes of course I do- It was in the moment I do know how-

"His father killed Hermione!"

"I know! I know!- but it happened I can't -

"You let it happen."

"It was a mistake. Please Ron."

No forgiveness was in the air. That was a tall tale sign for her.

"You have to understand- " She begged with everything she had.

"I don't have to do anything." He snapped. His body moving fast to chip her shoulder as he brisked away.

She ran once again, catching his arm as he made his way out.

"Don't be like this."

He stopped within his tracks. Turned his head to show a small facial expression.

"Don't kiss Malfoy." He stopped

"Just i'm sorry- Please."

His tense shoulders gave ease, relaxed at the statement she made.

She pleaded within every mistake she made that day, or whatever he had to witness.

Devyn took this as a good sign, maybe the tension was washed away.

Ron gave out a sigh. He was one to hold grudges, but never did he hold one to her. But, this time could differ, given the circumstances.

His body never turned back around, just stood frozen like a deer in headlights for a quick few seconds.

Just hopefully he understood.

Finally, he took strides to walk away. Leaving a prying Devyn alone on the bridge of destruction. After trying her best to take back whatever she did.

And so she stood there silently, admiring the burning glow of the sun turn down into night fall. Watching the bright light sink away. Fucking simile. She found herself comparing the light show to herself. Dying and falling way into darkness.

She lost Ron, possibly Harry, yet he was not a person to despise on certain things, maybe Ginny, and definitely the house of Gryffindor.

She couldn't go back there, no way.

So, she made an indecisive thought. Astronomy tower or Gryffindor common room. Pros and Cons.

Almost forgetting dinner meal, curfew, all of it. She let the time pass by. The only thing that had a mutual understanding of her.

she made her mind up- Astronomy tower tonight then.

Once more, the concrete stairs were silently stepped on. The binding rail helped her up the large flights of stairs.

Proceeding to enter, she now stood high above. Way higher then she was earlier.

But, the space was already way occupied.

Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy. All chatting and chuckling about whatever.

They all stood leaned way over the railing of the edge, holding multiple bottles of fire whiskey, and joints.

She peered shocked at the sight she saw, but Slytherins did have a reputation to party.

Oh the way her blood boiled just seeing the familiar blonde hair, she was tempted to commit murder by shoving his body off the ledge of the tower.

Going unnoticed, she quickly turned her heel, went to vanish from where she stood.

"Frost-"

She stood still, half step away from the flight back down the stairs.

"Come here." Theo Nott beckoned her back.

Bad idea. Bad idea. Bad idea.

Blunderly, she trickled back.

She spoke, "What-" Never making eye contact to Malfoy who didn't even deem attention to her presence at all.

"Just thought you would wanna stay." Theo added, making jaundiced eye contact with blaise. Their body language screamed misleading and distrustful.

"No I'm good." She stated.

"Wait-" Blaise gripped her arm back. Harshly but not as hard as Malfoy once did earlier.

She yelped. The one spotted bruise she got beforehand, was now being hit hard By blaise.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"It's fine.- But i'm leaving-

"Afraid of a little fun?" Theo teased, knowing exactly what to say to make her stay.

She discussed with herself whether she should really go or really stay.

But of course she felt the need to prove herself, and oh God was that stupid idea.

In the end, her final decision was forwarded by her grip of whiskey and big swigs burning through her throat.

"Attaa girl-" Blaise laughed.

As to why they wanted her there so badly was still yet be known.

Particularly, why Malfoy was even okay with her sharing the same drink as them.

She sipped further away from them though, her body sat a good amount of distance. Taking the bottle solely to herself. Reminiscing all the past memories of her.

"How do you feel Frost?" Theo spoke, his arm still latching his bottle firmly.

"Shitty." She said quickly. Hiccuping between syllables. What an odd question she thought.

"Alright..." Blaise laughed. Why was he laughing?

Blaise cleared his throat- "How do you truly feel about Malfoy..?"

Malfoy? Why did they care. No reaction came from the blonde boy, no body twitch, no head turn, but silence and no movement.

Hate him. She thought, and that's exactly what she was forsaken to say.

"Hate him. but-" She kept going without permission of her mind.

- But I don't know why he hates me. -what, wait.- I actually think he is a good person down deep. -what the fuck- Personally, I could find a liking to him if he hadn't intended to ruin me- jesus christ, what- And his looks, he's actually quite handsome i don't-" Her hand shoved to cover her mouth.

Her eyes sweeped to Malfoy, his breathing was hard.Harder than before. Shoulders bobbing up and down vastly, as if he was internally shocked within, but no exterior emotion shown. No reaction.

Veritaserum. A practically illegal potion. To get one's truth out. That's what they slipped in, and the truth is what she slipped out.

She spoke again, "What the fuck was that-

"Good God." Theo was practically rolling on the ground laughing, from the sight he just witnessed. A distraught Gryffindor girl, telling nothing but the truth.

"How do you feel about yourself?" Blaise cut her off, before the serum weared off he wanted the final question to perfection.

"I hate her. -Jesus christ -It's funny actually, i've tried so many times to kill myself, haven't succeeded once. -Fuck- I don't know why god wants me here so badly, I have no one. -Shit fucking- There's no point."

Once again she bled the truth. Devyn really did hate herself. Attempted suicide so many times, yet hit a barrier, too many to count.

Her hands fell and she looked up.

She simply was met with stares of the two boys, eyes filled with guilt and almost pity.

To her surprise though, Malfoy's side view was met, he was glancing slightly to her. His grey eyes shimmered within the pale moonlight.

"Isn't obvious?" She kept going, this time off the serum. She did this for her own good, for them to know. For anyone to know.

"I don't want to be here. It feels like- like i'm a shadow of my own life. A doubt, God i'm a shadow of a doubt. I'm the truth that a miserable fucking life...is real. " She laughed. But was speaking in all seriousness.

Blaise and Theo concernedly looked to one another then looked to her. Fumbling with their words while absently looking to Malfoy.

"Got what you wanted?" She implied in a strong voice, yet tone was soft and genuinely asking.

Both boys who concocted this plan, stayed dead silent. And that was her answer, what she spoke was not anything as to what they expected.

Not what Malfoy expected.

Devyn looked to the moon once more, where the light directed straight onto him. The pale, tall boy who was still distinctly, secretly, staring to her.

Her feet began to move. Leave the toxic space where she now felt unwanted because she let out her truth. Because she felt no one else knew the feeling of being practically ignored by life.

Theo noticed her disappearance, he began to walk the stairs "Frost wait-

"Let her go." Malfoy spoke. His one statement he clearly made about her, was to let her leave. Be by herself, because he experienced what she did. And, when times like these happen, you just want to be alone.

Draco Malfoy always saw Devyn to be a stuck up Gryffindor, assumed she had a place in life. That she was entitled to the best, to be a know it all just like her friends. Had the way of God favoring her. Simply, taking all she had for granted.

Now, that reckon to be true. She did have most majority on her side before the battle. But ever since then, nothing had been the same, that also including her.

So now Draco knew the truth. A possibility that he wouldn't have to hate her life, because she already hated it herself.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

133K 5.3K 42
{COMPLETED} In which Anya Rodríguez, a seventh year Ravenclaw who returns for her last year right after the Battle of Hogwarts (alongside her best fr...
719K 20K 102
Y/N Hartwood was an average girl in London. She lived with her Aunt in a small home since her parents died from unknown reasons. She went to an aver...
332K 5.6K 115
"Y/n, you know I would never hurt you," he took a step forward, but I kept stepping backward. "Yeah I know," I said hesitantly. "Then why are you bac...
74.4K 1.4K 72
"𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚊𝚗d 𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐" The...