A Heart of Glass {{BNHA x rea...

By keroppi237

----- Everyone else left, Turning their backs to me Never to return in my life, So why, Why do you choose to... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note

Chapter 23

4.7K 165 221
By keroppi237

————-
I wish someone
would've told me
There was no point in
Loving you
————-
There was once a time where I craved, begged, yearned,

For my mother's love.

It was a harsh awakening, to know once I lost one of my parental figures, the other would not try and make up for it. I never once received adoration. However, I got what I asked for, attention, but in no way was it in an affectionate manner. Every little mistake was recalled and beat into my head till I was bleeding on the floor. If I took too many breaths it was ensured next time she'd make me hold it in till my face turned blue. Sometimes the only thing I'd taste was the dirt and grime off the ground whenever she'd place her foot on my head, my face would be squashed, pushing it down like it was a rotten fruit to be crushed if she tried hard enough. I would come to school with purple and yellow blotches all over. Bandages would cover me head to toe looking like a mummy. If I dared anything, one little thing, it was sworn that I would be six feet under eating the words I spoke.

All those memories seemed to wipe my thoughts clean of when we were once one big happy family.

Happy,

I had forgotten how easily that feeling could completely disappear.
————-
(Y/N) P.O.V
These days people are hard-wired to be attracted to those who are warm hearted, joyful, and welcoming because that is the expected traits of those who are admired by others. I am by no means the most 'lovable' or 'approachable' it wasn't that hard to face the truth but, I need to learn. I was even stunned by the conclusion my mind made up in order to do so. I want to be strong, I want to be well rounded, I want to improve, I can't stand being weak anymore.

Standing where I was in front of the person that barely showed up in my personal life, but was always mentioned, it felt like I threw myself right into the belly of the beast. My heart still beats, but against a chest that felt hollow. The eye contact was shortening every breath and it almost felt, suffocating. My knees could buckle from the weight of my hero costume case however I don't dare lose my grip, if it drops the echo would go on forever in this huge office of hers.

"I'm so glad I get to see you so soon, little sis," I felt like a statue yet my fingers twitched signalling I could move if I pleased. Her voice was so smooth and soothing almost like a string from a harp was being plucked.

"Thank you for your offer, I'm honoured to be here at your agency Hikari," I lean forward for a bow and struck back upward but still staring at the floor.

"Don't sound so robotic, we're family after all," family, right, I'm related to her, that fact is still so hard to believe even now, yet it haunts me every time I go to bed. I know so much about her yet we're complete strangers.

"Yes of course, I apologize."

"That's alright! You should get changed, we're going to start work right away," I nod and she points to where I can do so. I slip off my school uniform and before putting on my costume I take a second to gaze at my reflection in the mirror. Normally, I wouldn't have the luxury of doing so at home, or in school, because now it's just me in this small cubicle space with a mirror. I do not see what my classmates see, I was no where close to her.

My eyes roam critically from one feature to another, cataloging it in my brain. How my ribs were seen with only a thin layer of skin to lay over it. How my wrists were almost the size of bottle caps. How every large cut had been stitched closed or treated. How I looked so frail and thin that if the wind blew hard enough I could float away. Scratches were covered with bandaids and my newly wrapped bandages were not yet soaked with blood from a wound reopening. Mother gave me quite a hard time before coming here, it laid fresh and new against my skin. Just another brutal reminder how I was undeserving of living in this world. Despite all that, it was as if I was wearing goggles that made me look so...

Plain

Nothing like her, no matter the angle I could see nothing special.

I purse my lips together to snap myself out of my dazed state and proceed to dress into my hero costume and right after the door swings open with a faint click. She stands there with a smile plastered that made it seem as if it could not falter. No matter what look she put on, I couldn't read her completely. I could never tell what she was thinking.

Maybe this was all a mistake, walking beside her down the street made it even worse. All the buildings of big shot organizations were in every direction. Cars were zooming past us endlessly and sometimes they'd come to a halt just to give a wave to the angel beside me. This city was clustered, a labyrinth of noisy streets and alleyways. People were stopping us in our tracks every five minutes and I'd just stand around as they crowd her. Soon I became desensitized by everything.

"Come on little sis, try looking less gloomy!" She speaks up giving me a glance to the side while waving to the fans. I just had to sit back and watch while she was blessing these people with just her presence.

"Easier said than done."

"Oh come on! Have a little fun," this was beginning to feel like I'm being dragged along and not actually learning anything. As always I was staring into space until a voice caught my attention, snapping me back into reality.

"Um, excuse me, miss?" Someone was tugging at the hem of my hero costume. A little elementary school girl grasped a notebook tight in her hands while looking downward at her shoes.

"Did you want an autograph from Lorelei?" I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.

"Actually, I- uh, saw you on TV, I was wondering if.." I tilt my head at her as I awaited for her to continue her sentence, "could I please have your autograph?!" My eyes widen as I peer down at the girl holding out her pen. I only nod and quickly jot down my name in the notebook. Her initial nervousness faded and the girls entire face lit up.

"You're my hero miss! Thank you so much!" 

And that was that, she walked away. I'm her hero? Never thought I'd hear those words. Does someone like me, even deserve to be called something like that? I clench my fist with white knuckles while my nails dig into my skin.

Compared to her, how could I be called a hero?

"Looks like you got some followers already," Hikari wiggled her brows at me while elbowing my side.

"Not as many as you," there was a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

"Oh come on, don't say it like that!" She continued to converse with her fans and again I felt, inferior. This was all a mistake. I shouldn't have come here, I should've just refused it.

Eventually the amount of people lessened, and for some reason she led me on a rooftop. I obligingly trailed behind her to this spot, she was now facing me with that wide grin of hers.

"We're going to try something alright?" I gave her a nod, "just follow my lead." I noticed how dangerously close to the ledge she was while speaking. After saying those words she fell backwards, her face with the same expression and I feel myself tense up. Immediately I run to where she once stood and lean over the edge. Hikari landed on a rooftop of a different building beside this one and started leaping from multiple ones with ease.

She wasn't using her quirk, just being reliant on her raw, normal, human skills. Even without her powers she could do it all with ease, no troubles what so ever. She didn't need it to be strong, without it all that girl was amazing either way, it was rather frustrating.

It took me a second to process what I was supposed to do but I jump after her. Sprinting from place to place just to catch up. I thought after a while she would slow down however there wasn't a glance to be spared from behind to see if I was there. It was hard to maneuver with relying only on my mobility and agility. As always I was lagging behind, I tripped up on most ledges and landed awfully when I jumped from a higher place, but I didn't dare check to see if I was injured. I had to catch up, before she gets to far from my reach.

Always so close,

Yet too far away for me to reach.

We managed to keep this up for so long that the looming skyscrapers were now replaced with suburban houses and smaller companies. I'm not quite sure how we ended up in such a calm area when just moments ago we were surrounded by bustling people. After a little longer the pro hero stops in her tracks.

"Good job little sis! Oh wait- I guess I should get used to calling you Leliel."

"It doesn't matter," I could tell she barely broke a sweat, when I on the other hand, had to take time to catch my breath. "Why did we have to do that just now?"

"I'm glad you asked! You're pretty observant so what did you notice while doing that?"

"Not once did you use your quirk to aid you."

"Correct, I wasn't dependent on them, I've trained to enhance skills like that. By doing this, in the long run you'll have many blades at your disposal that you can use anytime, and anywhere," that smile of hers was starting to get terrifying. The person before me was truly someone to be scared of, a wolf in sheep's clothing. "I'll be teaching you a lot in this internship, but that also means you have to put in as much effort as possible!"

"Of course," after panting in attempt to ease the aching in my chest from exerting too much energy, I took the time to look at our surroundings once more. "If that's the case, why are we at a dry cleaners?" My eyebrows furrow staring at the flickering sign that definitely seemed out of place judging by the area we were in. It appeared too high class to me.

"Oh you'll see eventually, be a dear little sister and wait for me at that park over there," and just like that her figure disappears into the building, if I disobey her orders there's no telling what she would do to me. What the hell would she do in there? I soothe my temples before settling down a stone wall surrounding a flower bed.

Hikari truly is untouchable. I noted every single thing while civilians mobbed each other just to get a glimpse of the famous pro hero Lorelei. It was as if she knew she was born to be the queen of this earth. There was confidence in every movement, and every word she spoke. How whenever her face beamed it demonstrated every God given feature. The voice she spoke in was comforting, an elephant could walk down the street and no one would notice because they were all awestruck.

I know I wanted to be patient and wait but at this point...

"How could I possibly compete?" I think aloud, not minding whoever heard. The tension in my chest was let out with a sigh yet left me with a sort of melancholy instead of relief. I hang my head down and fiddle with my thumbs.

"Compete with who?" My eyes widen and shot back up again only to meet a set of familiar ruby orbs and only noticing now that there was a small scar above his right eye. A visor wrapped around his head and a blue vest put over his hero costume. Not to mention the trash back in hand.

"You always show up at the times I least expect, Kirishima," I let out a tone colder than I intended it to be.

"Always at your service space cadet," that familiar ray of sunshine expression took over his complexion as he held one hand to his forehead in imitation to a salut. Somehow it made me loosen up a bit, I guess it's due to me being accustomed to it already? I'm not quite sure.

"So what's with the get up?" I questioned mentioning what he was wearing. It felt out of place seeing him in it.

"We're picking up trash around here to give back to the community," the spikey haired boy rubbed the back of his head sheepishly trying to explain his situation. "Fourth Kind is a hard teacher but he's so manly! So I'm willing to do whatever it takes to learn," he exclaimed excitedly pumping his fist into the air.

"I see," I murmur pretty lightly. Compared to the first time we met, how we interact is different somehow.

"I never got to ask you during school, what agency did you pick?" He jumps to take a seat beside me and to my surprise I didn't seem to mind at all.

"Take a guess," I try to put on a fake ear to ear grin but it feels more sunken.

"Your sister's?" I keep my mouth sealed and don't answer, "I'll take that silence as a yes."

"For an idiot you realized pretty quickly," I say in attempt to lift the mood, I can't stand someone seeing me so pitiful. 

"Well of course I'd know the answer, I'm your friend after all," he chuckles, completely disregarding the fact I called him an idiot. "Your first friend to be exact."

"Is that what you wanna call this little relationship of ours?" I chuckle inwardly, a friendship huh? A while ago I would've never imagined, I still can't accept it.

"Well, I could call it something else too."

"And what would that be?"

"A couple of course," he shows off his sharp teeth in a wide grin.

"How are you not bored yet?" I ask without giving any context behind it and he tilts his head at me.

"Of?"

"Of me, you must be getting bored right? You have to be," I urge him to answer my kicking at his shoes with my own.

"How could I ever be bored of you?" A sigh escapes the gap in my lips.

"Always so bold with your statements," I almost scoffed at his comment. It wasn't in a mocking way but more like a newly sprung leak, a laugh that was small and timid. Starting and stopping just as soon as I realize it, yet his gaze was fixated on me.

"What's the matter, is there something on my face?" I say wiping my cheeks to check for myself.

"No no.." I waves his hands frantically to shoot down that idea I had in mind, "I just can't get over how you make that sort of expression." My expression?

"Was it weird?" I already knew those happy faces don't suit me at all, I should stop.

"Not at all," he pauses for a second, "it's amazing actually, like a light turning on in a dark room, your whole face brightens up and it's, perfect."

"I think that's something only you can see," I make a quick retort back, I don't know what he's getting at here.

"That's fine, I get to keep the sight all to myself then," the red headed boy's heels hit the stone wall we sat upon. Then there was a pause of silence, a long prolonged period where we didn't speak but we stayed put.

Perfect.

The word that could only describe someone like her.

"She's in her own league," I say my thoughts aloud once again however this time directing toward Kirishima, "how could I ever measure?"

"You're just as talented, it's unbelievable that you can't see that."

"I might be good, but I'll never be good enough," the frustration was bubbling up inside me, "I can't bring myself to hate her, she did nothing wrong but still stands as one of my largest obstacles."

"You're in a whole other league yourself you know that?" I blink at his claim, "our entire class can see it,  you're incredibly strong (Y/N), in this case, we're the ones who have to catch up to you."

"I envy you guys too," he stays silent, awaiting if I was going to continue, "you can all joke around with one another, you're all so close and I feel out of place, like I'm not supposed to be there."

"What are you talking about!? We wouldn't be class 1A without you, we'd be incomplete."

There it was again,

That warm feeling.

It has somehow become familiar even if I've only felt it a few times.

This has to come to an end before I get so used to it that one day, it'll disappear.

"I always wonder why everyone is so kind," it was like I was making sure the air was trapped in my chest, "to someone like me," and I exhale again, to let it all go.

I turned my away from him, to try and avoid everything. In my peripheral vision I could see his hand reach out to me, but it suddenly retracted. Speak of the devil huh? A figure walked down the street so casually despite the glow that emitted from her, she was heading our way and eventually stopped to observe us.

"That took longer than expected, sorry about that!" Hikari then watched, leaning in closer to my face, "but it seems like someone was here to keep you company." I'm positive the red headed boy heard the comment because he immediately fixed his posture however it quickly turned into a bow.

"My name is Eijiro Kirishima I'm her friend and as of now I am interning at Fourth Kind's agency. You must be (Y/N)'s sister, it's very nice to meet you ma'am," I was utterly speechless, baffled to be exact. It was a polite introduction, yet it was completely different. He said '(Y/N)'s sister' not even regarding the fact she's literally famous, he was calm and composed. It was the opposite to what I thought would happen. The guy wasn't gushing at her, asking for her autograph, falling on his knees just seeing her.

"Her friend.." she trails off while examining his every feature, "Yes that's right, I'm her sister Lorelei! Thank you for staying with her!"

"Of course! I'll keep her company any time," Hikari reaches out her free hand so he can shake it, and he did so. In the other hand she slung multiple garment bags over her shoulder.

"What are those for?" I pointed them out and my sister lets out a startling laughter. What's in them?

"They're for the shoot later!! I'm so pumped for it!"

"Shoot?" I furrow my brows at her, I thought we would be training some more. Like a shooting range perhaps?

"A photoshoot silly! I managed to score a modelling gig with Hero Weekly for today and tomorrow!"

"Oh I see, I assume I'll be taking notes while that's happening?" I came here to learn, and yet I'm gonna be stuck watching people fawn over her again.

"I called you observant earlier and now look at you! You're doing it with me obviously!" A faint smirk lingers on her face and my eyes widen. Without thinking I try to get up and leave but she holds me back, "don't think you can get away so easily, this is part of your training, in fact I'm doing you a favour! You can get your hero name out there!!"

"That sounds so troublesome."

"Don't be a buzzkill, you got this! Plus I'll be right there with you!" Her laugh was starting to sound menacing at this point.

"Do I have to?"

"I think you would do great (Y/N)!" I hear Kirishima burst out, "isn't that an amazing opportunity?!"

"That's too much pressure, you should just do it on your own Hikari."

"Absolutely not!! The both of us even came all this way to pick up these dresses for you!" The pro hero exclaims in an awfully boisterous voice.

"I knew nothing about it though, if I had known this were the plan I would have stayed behind."

"I had a feeling you'd say that, and that's why I'm telling you right now!"

"You can wear them."

"I simply will not allow you to refuse!" She grabs onto both my hands and cups them with hers, "you'll look amazing, I know it."

"First of all, I don't like being pampered, and second of all, I'm not suited for those sorts of things."

"I promise I'll tell them to put as little makeup on you as possible!"

"Plus you don't need that stuff to look pretty," this time the red headed boy's contribution to the argument made Hikari stop and turn to him. I started panicking for the guy, her stare appeared as if it could look deep within someone's soul. It was like a switch had been flipped because her expression went back to her normal one.

"You're right!" She gives me a double take, switched between Kirishima and I. The pro hero proceeds to pat him on the back, "actually, I think I forgot something at the dry cleaners, I'll be right back." I can't believe she left so swiftly, it was odd.

"Sorry about that, I sort of butted into that conversation," he directs it toward me right after she practically sprinted back to the store.

"You really should stop spouting that I'm pretty, people might get the wrong idea, or think you're crazy."

"They can think I'm crazy all they want, because I'm just telling the truth (Y/N)," I was expecting another toothy grin but this time his face was dead serious, sincere almost.

"If I do it, I'm just giving more reasons for people to dislike me," I glance down to my shoes instead of of facing him properly.

"Oh come on! Chin up space cadet!" He lifts my head with his finger. "When there's people who bash on you, there's also ones who will support you no matter what," I opened my mouth to say something but get stopped immediately.

"KIRISHIMA! HAVE YOU BEEN SLACKING OFF THIS WHOLE TIME?! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT DRAGGING YOUR DAMN FEET?!" I see him flinch at the yelling, it was entertaining seeing him bow so many times to avoid getting scolded.

"YES MR. FOURTH KIND SIR, I APOLOGIZE!!"

"JUST HOW MANY YOUNG LADIES HAVE YOU BEEN CHATTING UP HUH?" The pro hero bumps his fist decorated with golden rings on Kirishima's head.

"Just one," the boy says with a smile on his face while Fourth Kind chuckles at his response.

"I apologize if he gave you any trouble miss," seems like wasn't angry at him anymore. "Let's get going Red Riot, you gotta make up for slacking off so much."

"Yes Mr. Fourth Kind sir," their figures were retreating away from me, leaving me standing there alone. But Kirishima did a quick turn back to me, cupping his hands to amplify his voice, "DO YOUR BEST (Y/N), I'LL BE CHEERING YOU ON!!" And just like that they disappear for good this time.

"Ahh man he left already! Too bad I was hoping to peep on your conversations a little longer!!" Hikari makes an appearance once more.

"You were listening?"

"How could I not? He was acting so sweet to you!"

"Is that what it looks like?"

"Ah, my little sisters so unbothered," she swings her arm over my shoulder, "come on, we got a photoshoot to prepare for." There was this other feeling bubbling up inside me.

Right,

How could I possibly hate her?

~Time skip~
I was able to get off easily yesterday and not participate in this modelling gig of hers. But, today everything turned against me and now I'm sitting in a chair, my vision completely blinded by all sorts of powder and products I couldn't even name. My eyes were plastered on a newspaper about the hero killer. If I'm not mistaken, he was the one who attacked class prez's brother. I shake the thought out of my head, I refuse to accept their kindness and yet here I am worrying about my classmates.

"Stop reading that boring thing already!" Hikari snatches it right out of my hands and smacks it atop my head.

"Is this really necessary?"

"We have to hurry up! Didn't I tell you the other shoot would be in Hosu city? We have a train to catch!!"

"Isn't the train a little too public? It literally looks like you're wearing a wedding dress."

"Oh come on! It's called fashion little sis!" I have to admit, it was like something so beautiful was made just for her. The fabric was pure white, exactly the same as freshly fallen snow, soft and crisp. It poofed out from the waist down and elegantly overlapped to create a light ruffle. It had a boxy neckline with lace on the bodice and long sleeves that seemed to be intricate with the flowering detail all over. It was a dress made for royalty.

"You look breathtaking as always," I compliment her without even thinking.

"You'll outshine me no doubt once you try on the dress lineup I've picked out!!"

"I thought we had to catch a train, just pick whatever so we can get this over with," I deflate in that instant, I was right before, tiresome. Once the powder settles and there wasn't anyone blocking the mirror I had a good look at myself while squinting, " wow I'm getting flashbacks from the sports festival, it's amazing how I can go from an atrocity one second and now-"

"A angel sent straight down from heaven!!"

"I think you've got it mixed up Hikari," I tilt my head in the mirror, "I'm more like a demon straight from hell."

"Don't say such a thing! This is part of your training, we're building your confidence and I promise right after this we can do combat, deal?"

"Yeah sure, whatever," I mumble under my breath, "what did you put on my face anyway?"

"I keep my promises so I added way less makeup, just like that red headed kid from yesterday said, you don't need it to look pretty," she massages my shoulders while showing off her pearly whites and giving me a wink. "If only mom could see you right now!" I pause for a moment, she's clueless.

"Mhm," I give a short reply.

"Shoot! Look at the time, you have to get dressed right now!!" I get rushed into a changing room that had no mirrors whatsoever and she followed me inside.

"I'm not Cinderella, calm down," I complain aloud, I was getting twirled around and put into something without even getting a glance at it.

"If you're Cinderella, I'm your fairy godmother, give me one more second and we'll be out of here in no time!!" I hear a zip from my back and get shoved out of room swiftly, almost tripping.

"Watch where you're pushing, I'm going as fast as I can so-" my eyes wander to the mirror once more and my lips part ever so slightly.

"I told you you'd outshine me."

I take it back, it's nothing like the sports festival.

We didn't look like sisters, I'm different from her. I can't put my finger on it, but we're definitely distinct from one another. I thought we would clash in colours, sort of the same as we do in personalities. But the colours seemed to compliment each other.

I was expecting black but it was a pale blue. If the sky was weaved from teased strands and turned into fine cloth, this would be it. It was such a pure shade that it could be a field of cornflower, a perfect cloudless sky, the boundless sea. It wasn't as extravagant as hers, but to me it was sickeningly beautiful, how could such a stunning dress look presentable even on me? It went high above the knee in the front and lengthy in back. Assortments of various flowered details but had several shades of pinks with sage green leaves there to bring more attention. The sleeves were off the shoulder with the detailing everywhere.

The ruffles fell so perfectly in place that my bottle cap wrists were no longer noticeable. The scars on my legs were proudly shown instead of covered up and I payed no mind to it at all. There were bandages on my legs and arms but they went overlooked. I appeared frail and thin before yet now I'm a delicate doll.

"So this is what it's like to be made of porcelain?"

"Don't be silly, all we did was put you in a dress and clean you up a bit," I take another second to take in the reflection staring back at me. It's misleading. The plain girl I saw yesterday morning was switched out. "Hurry up! We gotta go, you can't stare at the mirror forever."

It was like the train to Hosu city was nothing. We soaked in all the stares as we boarded and sat there as if it was normal despite us being completely out of place. As usual she was swarmed by tons of people but I tune them out.

Next there's cameras flashing everywhere and I'm afraid it would burn into my retinas. People queuing her to do poses and saying, 'you're doing great Lorelei!' And 'stunning!' Or whatever line that could be used for praise. We were located on a top floor in a building that is surrounded by windows which let the natural light in even if the sun was almost down.

Seeing her charm get captured in pictures with just a simple click made me want to pity every single person in this line of work. From what I understand some fashion models are instructed to walk with dead eyes, dead emotions with fallen faces. To only be seen as just a  shell that surrounds our souls is quite sad. Isn't being beautiful tiring? Sure it's nice at times but to only be accepted in society because of it, don't they feel used? Every part of you is left to be judged by others and defined by them. Even though she's smiling like that, I wonder if she feels the same. Is she simply putting on a show just to please others?

"Uhm, Miss (Y/N), it's your time to go up there with her," I quietly agree and walk up in front of all the ring lights and cameras. To shut off all emotion, to have empty eyes, to have a plain expression, I guess me and those super models aren't all that different. I stare into space, straight faced. Would they be satisfied with such a dull face? Or perhaps the beaming light beside me was so influential that it made even coal shine.

"It doesn't seem like you're enjoying this all that much," I hear Hikari whisper form the side of her mouth, trying not to show she was talking to me.

"You just got that idea now?" A hint of annoyance was in my undertone as I just follow her lead on the poses, "is this really all that fun?"

"It's only enjoyable if you want it to be!"

"I didn't want to do this in the first place."

"Yet we're still here," there was a giggle that followed on her end. She gave them a signal by putting her arms in an x and they stopped the pictures for a moment, "we should smile for the next ones."

"If you'll settle for a fake one, sure why not, as long as this all goes by quicker."

"Oh come on! Make your face light up again, like it did with that kid at the park!!"

"As if," a short sigh leaves my lips and we're now both sitting on the floor, fabric flared out in all directions.

"Or, when you saw yourself in that dress!!" I huff out a bit, she's persistent, "chin up space cadet." I feel as if an irk mark appeared on my forehead as she wiggles her eyebrows at me once more. That stupid idiot just had to give me a nickname.

"Please don't."

"I'll keep calling you that if you don't smile!!"

"Yeah okay whatever," anything to get this girl off my back. I slowly show my teeth, smile like I'm at ease, a big wide grin that was one of the fakest I've ever seen. One that was plastered on my face that only lasted as long as the camera flash and it quickly faded. It went on forever, click after click continuously, the sun was now fully gone and the moon was put in its place.

In my peripheral vision I could see the street below our building. The lights and speeding cars that stand out during this time of night. I furrow my gaze, not paying attention to the confused expressions of the camera crew. Vehicles stuck in traffic, people rushing all in one core direction. My eye catch something inching toward the building full speed, closer and closer without stopping. If I looked away for a second it would already be right in front of our faces. A bird? I narrow my eyes once more and they widen immediately.

"MOVE AWAY FROM THE WINDOW," I demand at the top of my lungs. There was a noise, glass breaking and a loud thud, the ground shakes instability beneath us. Deafening screams were heard and many people were knocked off their feet, one was crawling to get away and before I could jump in front of them, the famous hero Lorelei was already there. There was a screech from the monster that rammed itself into the building. The sight was all too familiar, a creature with brains exposed on its way head. Yet this time it had wings which sprouted disgustingly out of its back. "What the hells a Nomu doing here?!" I curse under my breath and I hear a chuckle from my sister.

"How hideous," she pulls out a hilt of some sort from her boot, I wasn't expecting her to be so prepared. It was thin as she gripped it tightly with her slender fingers, "it's my job to rid this world of such unsightly beings." Searing light sprouts out from it in a straight stream. She aims her saber at it with a stance. The monster was moving slower than the one at the USJ but nonetheless looked like it could crush a humans skull if its claws were able to grab onto one.Wings flap as they emerge from her and a hole was now in her gown. Without anymore hesitation she thrusts her weapon into its body and flings it back out the window, making it so she jumped along with it. I peer the glass and see her land on the concrete with the Nomu creating a crater.

The building was shaking and anyone could smell the fear in the air. I snap my fingers and darkness comes together, it becomes more dense to create foggy clouds.

"Everyone please take a deep breath and calm down, Lorelei went to fight the monster so I'm the one who has to get you out of here," all eyes were on me now, "it's only us in the building correct?" There were unsure nods while most covered their heads in fear of falling debris. "These clouds will take you down to the ground and I want you to evacuate with everyone else, do I make myself clear?"

"W-what if there are people still people in the building," I think for a second and snap my fingers once more, a raven forms it's talons on my arm and it caws. "This will go and scan the rest of the areas to make sure everyone is out of here safely, get on the cloud so you can evacuate as quick as possible, I'm going to go help the other civilians." I make sure every single person was safely before I take off with my own wings made out of feathers dipped in ink. I peer down at the amount of people stumbling on their feet to get as far away as possible.

I didn't know exactly where Hikari landed but I can still scan the area. Where the hell did she go? My eyes dart around from place to place but she was nowhere to be seen. I'm not even wearing my hero costume, this might be harder than I thought. I wander from above till I see fire emitting off someone along with another creature with brains spilling out of its head. Glowing embers leaped and it was recognized awfully, what's he doing here? I spin in a torpedo motion and manage to land a a clean hit on his face, the momentum I got allowed me to give more of an impact.

"What're you doing in Hosu number two?" The large figure stares daggers at me before replying. The monster beneath my feet was no long moving. The heel of my shoe twisting and squashing it's head.

"Lorelei's sister," he says but nothing else to follow up. He asked me to marry his son and he has the audacity to not use my actual name.

"You gonna answer my question or not Endeavor?" I almost hostilely growl at him.

"I am here, because I'm a hero," what a lame answer and turns away from me, "if you've got nothing better to do, check for spare heroes and tell them to investigate every alleyway on 4-2-10 Ekou Street."

"And why's that?" I walk off the monster and get one more stomp on its face before I do.

"Shoto said to send extra pros there, he said his friend might be in trouble," I was about to take off and cruise without any rush but someone else begins to talk, I didn't notice before but he was short and looked elderly.

"Damn it! Where'd that stupid green haired kid run off to?!" I pause for a moment, no way, maybe I'm just mixing them up but, it can't be a coincidence right?

"Excuse me sir, is who you're talking about named Izuku Midoriya?" His head moves up and down to signify a yes and I feel an adrenaline surge through my body. This can't be a coincidence, they might be in danger. There was a slight panic in me, if I don't hurry something might happen to them.

I try my best to avoid these overwhelming feeling but, I couldn't control it.

I was airborne once more, squinting to try and make sure I don't miss anything. The stars in the sky were passing by me when I finally see the street sign. As I dip the shadow between the darkness and the subtle glow of the moon moved as I listen to the hum of wind passing my ears while I land in an alleyway. If Todoroki is using his quirk, he should be where the temperature regulates between cold and warmth, I just have to focus. I almost run past one but a glint of light catches my eye and the sound of ice shattering was in that direction.

"To block your own view against an opponent faster than you..." an unknown voice makes my ears perk up, "what a foolish plan." A blade was falling from the sky and on the ground was three bodies, not moving an inch. The person who I assume spoke had a mask draped over his face to show small red eyes and a scarf that looked as if it was soaked in blood was wrapped around his neck.

I recognized a familiar figure that was being pulled close by the collar of his hero costume and in self defence the boy with heterochromatic eyes blasted out his flames. I immediately fly toward whoever spoke but I was too slow, it was like green lightning flashed before my eyes, all too familiar to go along with the forest green hair.

"Aww man, beat me to it," I sigh slightly disappointed and my eyes wander to the now two bodies lying in distress and Todoroki was holding his injured arm. One of the people down was what I assumed to be a pro and the other is Iida, I should've suspected something like this. So that means.. " you must be the infamous hero killer," I spoke out loud making sure he heard. That makes more sense why Iida's here too, I'm guessing these two care to rescue him.

"(Y/N) what are you doing here?!" I could hear the strain in Izuku's voice and I hold a hand in front of Todoroki after noticing the daggers stuck in his arm, he shouldn't be advancing forward like that, "I can move normally for some reason now!" I assume he wasn't directing that toward me.

"A time limit?"

"No, that kid should've been the last one he got, I can't move yet," I take a side glance down to the pro still lying limp and from how he's talking, he's holding back the amount of pain he's in. The green haired boy retreats back to us after taking a blow from the villain.

I felt as if I've gone unnoticed, Izuku and Todoroki were conversing to each other but I stayed quiet and took in the information despite that.

"He takes in a person's blood to keep them from moving, since I got free first... I can think of three possible reasons," they continue and the hero killer was watching them ominously, I guess I don't seem like a threat at all to him.

I'll have to change that.

"Reequip," I breathe out as quiet as possible and I reach my hand out in front of me. A long pole made its way through the summoning circle first and then the large curved blade emerged. I bang it's end on the ground to get his gaze fixated on me instead of them.

"What's a little girl like you doing here?" He growls at me with a raspy tone. He's not intimidated at all, wearing this dress really is a bother. It's even more of trouble that I have to fight in this thing.

"You'll take that back in a few seconds, big bad hero killer," my voice dipped in mockery. I can tell there was a hunger for blood in this guys eyes.

"(Y/N) it's too dangerous, don't do it!" Izuku warns me and I just peer at him while he furrows his eyebrows at me. I completely ignore him and start twirling my scythe with ease toward the danger.

"You seem like a hand to hand combat type of guy Mr. hero killer," I inch closer and closer, swinging like a maniac. At this point I've been itching for a good fight. A sinister smile creeps it's way on my face and soon creates a cheshier-cat grin, wide along my features.

I open my mouth to ask him one final question before charging.

"Shall we see which one of us is better?"

————-

A/N
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! I also hope it didn't seemed like the story in this was rushed. I tried my best to make it a long chapter so there might be more mistakes in it BUT, I really enjoyed writing this one. I was looking on inspo for Hikari and your dresses so I thought I might as well give you a visual.

Hikari's dress:

Your dress (kinda a combo of both):

I have no clue if that'll help you visualize but here you go anyway. Can I also just mention how sweet of all of you guys are?? Whenever I publish a new part and see the comments it always makes me smile so thank you soo much for that!! Sorry for not posting this sooner, I know it took a little longer however I'll try my best to fix the schedule. This is a short authors note but thank you all so much for reading :)!
Byee~

~unedited~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.5K 35
"In the world eighty percent of the population has access to some form of supernatural ability, known as a Quirk. Having a powerful Quirk is a fast...
3.4K 131 12
(Y/N) Nanase, known to many as a sick, bedridden child that may never see the outside world. Due to her unknown sickness, she wasn't allowed to leave...
878 26 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...
215K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed β€’Intro β€’30 chapters β€’Hal...