Saving her

By BeautifulCreature24

One year. One year is all he has to change her mind... I do not own any of the pictures or characters from h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 20

250 14 1
By BeautifulCreature24

Lyra had led Ging to a large field right outside of the village. She smiled to herself, the long swaying grass looked the same as when she was a child.

The day had left them, the stars were beginning to reveal themselves in the darkened sky.

"It's so peaceful out here." Ging said as Lyra laid in the soft grass sprawling her arms above her.

"It's the best at night, I would always come out here as a child." Ging laid down beside her and looked to the night sky.

"Makes sense, considering you like to lay in random places." Ging said jokingly.

A small laugh came from Lyra.

"Kyushi and Yinu would always find me here. It's where we would spend most of our time talking about the future." Lyra said wearing a smile as her eyes wondered around the sky.

"What happened? When they were killed I mean.." Ging asked glancing to Lyra who didn't return the gaze.

"Do you remember when Netero said that the hunter association had been looking for the sword?" Lyra asked her eyes stayed on the night sky.

"Yeah."

"They weren't the only ones looking for the sword. Kyushi wasn't the only one to survive the expedition to the Dark Continent. A man named Hanjiro survived as well, he was actually from our village."

Lyra let out a small sigh as she clenched her fist.

"We thought he was our friend, he had helped the 3 of us train with our Nen. He found out that Kyushi had taken something from the Dark Continent a while later and went after him. The three of us were supposed to meet up in the forest, but when I got there..."

Lyra's words trailed off as she swallowed hard trying to hold back her tears.

"They were slaughtered."

Her mind flashed back to that forbidden day.

~~~~~

Lyra hurried through the forrest, her eyes glanced to the moon.

"Shit." She cursed to herself, knowing she was late to meeting Kyushi and Yinu. She jumped through the trees pushing herself faster.

Her eyebrows furrowed to something red on the ground, she halted and jumped down onto the hard ground. Her eyes widened realizing it was blood scattered across the ground.

She shoved her feet into the ground sprinting down the path in front of her. Blood was splattered across several trees, her entire body was now in a panic.

Her heart dropped down to her stomach when her eyes confirmed her fears. She slid to a stop seeing Kyushi laying on the ground, a pool of blood surrounded him.

"Kyu... Kyushi!!" Lyra screamed as she ran over to him. She dropped to her knees beside him her breathing was uneven as she placed her hands on his abdomen

"I can fix it.. I can fix it.. I can fi-" Lyra repeated over and over again, her breaths were heavy. Aura lit around her hand as the blood stopped seeping from him.

"Ly- Lyra.." Kyushi struggled to speak, Lyra's eyes fell on his. Tears streamed down his face, his shaking hand placed itself on hers.

Lyra shook her head, tears began to stream down her face.

"Don't speak..." Lyra said quietly as her hand shook beneath his.

"Yi.. nu.." Kyushi struggled to say again, Lyra's eyes widened as her head snapped to where Kyushi was looking.

Yinu was on her side, Lyra let out a small scream. Her eyes shifted between the two, she didn't know who to help.

"Yinu!" Lyra yelled, there was no response from the girl.

Kyushi squeezed her hand, Lyra looked back to him. He slowly shook his head, Lyra hung her head and let out another scream.

"Who did this?!" Lyra yelled through a cry, Kyushi let out a shaking breath.

"Han.. jiro.." Kyushi pushed out, Lyra gritted her teeth together.

That bastard..

Kyushi grabbed the hand that Lyra had on him, she gave him a panicked face as she knew what he was doing.

He pulled her hand away from his abdomen, a small smile placed itself on his face.

"I'm not.. going to make.. it." Kyushi whispered out, Lyra leaned down and pressed her forehead against his.

"Please don't leave me.. Kyushi.." Lyra whispered as she closed her eyes. His breathing seemed to hitch, he weakly pressed his lips against hers.

"I.. love you.. I will.. always.. be with you." Kyushi said quietly, Lyra started sobbing her throat closed.

"I love you.." Lyra cried out, but he was already gone.

"Don't leave me... please.. I can't do this alone.." Lyra moved her face away from Kyushi's she balled her body together.

"Somebody.. somebody help.. please help.. somebody please help me.." Lyra choked out quietly, her breathing rapidly picked up to the point she was gasping.

"Somebody help!!"

~~~~~

"Before everything Kyushi had said we need to find a way to hide the sword. Kiro said he could change his size and appearance. There wasn't any reason to suspect I had the sword if it was never seen with me."

Lyra said finally looking to Ging. He furrowed his brows pushing Lyra to continue

"So Hanjiro killed him, he failed to realize that Yinu would be there. I killed Hanjiro after everything. Hanjiro told me it was an order, so whoever he was working for wanted the sword. A few months later I gave up the sword, I didn't want to return home.. I was ashamed, I broke a promise. I was lost for a long time after that.."

Lyra said as she looked back to the night sky again.

"I'm sorry.. I wish I could change what happened back then. Thank you for telling me everything, your burdens aren't just your own to carry anymore. I want to help carry them together. I will protect you and keep you safe from anyone that wants to hurt you." Ging said as he softly gazed at her.

Lyra smiled as she rolled on her side facing him.

"I wanted to just give up, and I was okay with giving up, but you came along on that day. I was hoping you would just kill me there and then... But you did something that took me by surprise. You told me to give life more of a fighting chance, you woke me up Ging.. Day by day you pulled me from the darkness. I should be thanking you."

Lyra reached her hand out and placed it on his cheek. Ging smiled and kissed the inside of her palm gently.

"I didn't understand why a girl would just lay in the mud on a rainy day. I was determined to help you, but one day I realized you helped me. You became my light too Lyra, I feel like I can be truly free when I'm with you." Ging rolled on his side, and moved closer to her.

Lyra looked into his eyes, the world around them seemed to fade away. Nothing else mattered in the world but him.

"I love you Ging.." Her voice was soft, Ging smiled.

"I love you too, Lyra." Ging connected his lips to hers, before hesitantly pulling away.

Lyra furrowed her brows noticing his hesitation.

"I have another card for you." Ging said as he slowly sat up. Lyra studied him for a moment before sitting up.

"Close your eyes." Ging said, Lyra shut her eyes as instructed.

"Book."

Lyra heard him pull out a card, Ging slipped the card into her hand. He hesitated again, keeping his hand in hers for a moment before the warmth left her, leaving just the card.

"I hope this gives you the closure you need. Say gain." Ging said she heard him shuffle beside her, she could tell he was no longer beside her.

"Gain." Lyra said quietly, her heart began to pick up speed. She waited, keeping her eyes shut. Just as she was about to open her eyes she heard a voice that made her body freeze.

"You're always out here Lyra.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 441 17
❝ requests are still open ! ❞ ⟢ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ me and DA_RINA1 write one shots together ! more info inside the book ! ...
57.2K 1.1K 30
This a school love story and it might be long if u don't like smut or lgbtq love stories leave
13.5K 257 14
i think the title of this story is pretty self explanatory. just a bunch a one shots and all that. enjoyπŸ’• i dont own hxh or these characters
59.6K 1.6K 15
Um Im back with a fanfic my friend suggested. Heh let get this started. Hunter x hunter does NOT belong to me but I own my OCs.