The Dragon Princess

By HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... More

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Trust and Comfort
Crafting Protection
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Romantic Night
Confessions
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Reassurance and Curiosity
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Birthday Celebrations
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done
Thinking Emotions

Now or Never

246 12 3
By HeavensAngels_

Elsa's P.O.V.

I sit in the throne room and look over all the letter's that were found on the boat. So far nothing new has caught my attention. Nothing in the letter's or notes have any mention about going after Astrid. They express love and care for Astrid and locations of her whereabouts from the past couple of weeks. But I've found absolutely no threat for Astrid in any of these letters. Honestly it makes me wander why.

If there is no threat against Astrid and my kingdom, then why was there a boat sitting next to a sea stack in the middle of the night. That makes absolutely no sense. None of this seems to make sense anymore. Here I thought I knew what was happening but now I don't even know.

There is no proof that Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the First is still alive except for old letters that could've been passed down through generations. Nothing in particular proves that he still lives. We were never able to find him after Astrid fell asleep, it was like he complete disappeared. I had every single island in the archipelago checked outed, and there was no sign of him at all! I even made sure to keep an entire watch party out for him for the next 40 years, hoping that if he were to show up, I could bring him back here and ask him from answers to questions that I've thought about thousands of times.

Why did he do it? Why did he put my sister to sleep? What was his plan? Did he actually love my sister?

Those where all questions I needed answers to and I haven't gotten an answer to any of them. And those are just some of the questions. I had so many that kept popping up throughout the years.

I sigh and bring my hands up to my forehead and rub my temples. I closed my eyes and take a couple of deep breathes to try and clear my mind a bit. It's not easy to be queen somedays, that I will admit. Most days it's not very stressful, but with this unsure event coming into play, it makes things so much harder to handle.

"Elsa? You alright?"

I open my eyes and lift my head up a little to see Jack walking down the middle of the room towards where I am. His blue eyes look at my own and I watch as they sparkle like frost on an autumns day.

I smile a bit as he comes closer. "Yes, I've just been trying to figure out what's actually going on."

"Well, do you think maybe a break could help?" He asks with a goofy grin on his face.

"A break? What would we do in this break?" I ask suspiciously, smiling.

Jack smiles and does a little shrug. "Go for a walk? Have some fun? I've heard there's going to be a festival in town soon. Maybe we can go and help them with that."

I smile at him and take a moment to look at the papers in front of me. "I think a break is a wonderful idea." I set the papers down to the side before getting up and walking toward Jack.

He smiles wide and holds his arm out for me, which I gladly take. We both walk out of the throne room and toward the garden, following the wandering trail though the variety of plants.

"So, which of the options would you like to do?" Jack asks as we walk around the fountain.

I think for a moment before responding. "Let's take a walk toward the village and help with the decorations."

He nods as we start taking the path toward the town. For the first couple of minutes, we walking in a comfortable silence, enjoying the walk together and the view surrounding us. The path we walk down goes through a beautiful selection of trees. The light beams through the leaves, showing patterns along our path. Some of the patterns are birds, wings, stars, as well as a couple unique shapes.

"Elsa?"

I look up from the shapes and glance toward Jack. "Yes Jack?" I ask.

"Do you like spending time with me?" He asks shyly.

I stop and glance at him a bit taken aback. "Of course I do. What would make you ask such a question? I love spending time with you Jack."

He smiles a bit and lightly squeezes my hand on his arm. "I enjoy spending time with you too. I just wasn't sure because I feel like I'm taking you away from your work."

"There's no way you can take me away from my work. You actually help me with it. Whenever I come back after spending time with you, my mind is much clearer to continue working. Without you, I wouldn't be able to make it through a day. I stress a bit when I can't figure something out and do nothing but that for hours until I figure it out." I explain. "But when I'm with you, you manage to help me forget about anything I was thinking about. I would be able to go back to the project and figure out within a matter of minutes. So I yes, I enjoy spending time with you. Spending time with you helps me quite a bit."

He smiles and leans down to kiss my cheek. I blush a bit when he pulls away. "Thank you Elsa. I'm glad I can be helpful to you."

I nod and start walking down the path with him again. "I am glad you can be too." I smile a bit as we walk and look ahead. "Are you sure you're okay with staying in castle? You know you don't have to."

"I have no problem sleeping in the castle. I can sleep just about anywhere. Ask Hiccup. There was a time he kicked me off bed because I was hogging all the blankets so I ended up sleeping on the floor." He chuckles at the memory.

"Really?" I ask surprised.

He nods his head before continuing. "Oh yea, it was actually pretty cozy too. It was all hardwood, no rugs."

"Wow.. you actually found that comfortable?" I glance at him.

He smiles. "I did."

"Well, you don't have to worry about sleeping on the floor at the castle. There are plenty of beds." I say.

"Thank you for that." He says as he glances down at me.

I smile up at him and notice white specks in his eyes. They look like little snowflakes. I've noticed those before, though I don't always stare into his eyes very often. I mean I can't let him know that I like him, right? He's from a different world than I am. Besides, he might not even like me in return. There's no point in saying anything if I don't know his feelings.

I turn my gaze and decide to look ahead as we walk. We both stay quiet for awhile, neither of us knowing what to say. I try to think of some things to ask but none seem to come to mind. As I think, I start to realize that I don't know much about Jack. I know his personality and a little bit about his life back at his home town but I don't know much about him otherwise. I don't know if he has any siblings or what his parents are like. He talks more about his friends than his personal family, I wonder why.

"So.. Jack, do you have any siblings at all?" I ask.

He glances at me and shakes his head. "No... I don't."

"Oh.. so you're an only child then?" I glance up to him to see sorrow spread across his features. "Jack, is everything alright?"

He glances to me before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "I...not really.."

I stop with him and look up to him. I take hold of his hands and squeeze them in comfort. "You can tell me if you want."

He opens his eyes as he looks to me. "I'd rather not. At least not right now."

I nod. "Alright, then we'll discuss something else then."

"Thank you." He smiles a bit before holding his arm out for me.

I smile and take it and proceed to walk with him down the path. It takes us a half hour to get down to town. We ended up talking a bit about his town and how it's different compared to ours. It has motor vehicles instead of horses and they enjoy all kinds of different snacks. Jack says his favorite food is ice cream. I've never had it but he says it's very good.

When we get into town, I can see all the villagers putting up decorations for the upcoming festival. I smile and walk around as I find a couple of people to help. As I do, I notice Jack pull away and walk toward an elderly man putting up some streamers. I smile as I watch as Jack speaks with the man briefly before taking the streamers and climbing up the pole to tie them on. He even asks them to hand him some more so he could help set them up.

As he does that, I walk over and help a new mother by take a box of decorations out of her hands. She thanks me as I walk with her toward her destination. The newborn in her arms looks up to her and makes the coos.

"Oh, he's so cute." I smile looking to the newborn.

She smiles and looks down to him. "Thank you. He looks quite a bit like his father."

"Well, I can see he has your eyes. That must mean he will have his mother's gentleness." I smile up at her.

She tilts her head a bit in confusion. "Really?"

"That's what my grandmother used to tell me. If we had the same eyes as our mother, we adapt their kindness and caring. If we had our fathers eyes, then we'd have their strength." I explain.

"I've never known that." She says.

"Neither have I, that was until my grandmother told me. I never truly believed it until my sister was born. She has our mother's eyes, and I've already seen so much love and kindness in her heart."

The women smiles. "I can believe that. Your sister is an amazing person, just like the late queen. I've noticed she loves spending time with the children here in town."

I smile in agreement with her. "She truly does. If she's not with her friend Hiccup, then she's with them."

"I've noticed she seems very attached to this Hiccup. She hangs with him everyday." She mentions as she looks down to her son with a smile. He smiles back with a simple gummy smile.

"She is, and he's pretty attached to her as well." I agree.

She continues to look at her son before looking up again. "Well, I hope the two of them find love with one another, they deserve it."

I smile. "I hope so too. I want nothing more than for my sister to be happy."

She smiles and glances over towards Jack who's currently helping someone hang a banner on their door. "He seems like a kind fellow, don't you think your majesty?" She asks.

I look over to jack and smile. "He is a very kind fellow. I've noticed he loves to help others."

"You have feelings for him, yes?" I look to her in surprised when she asks her question. She smiles and giggles a bit. "You don't need to be surprised, it's alright if you have feelings for someone. I'm personally surprised that after all these years you still haven't found yourself a king."

I turn my attention forward as we continue to walk. "Well, this town comes first before my own personal feelings."

"Well I think it's time you let that change your majesty. You've done so much for this town, now it's time you do something for yourself."

We soon get to her destination and I set the box down on a table. I look down at the box of decorations before looking back up to her. "Would you like help setting up?" I ask.

She smiles and shakes her head. "No thank you, you already helped me quite a bit today."

I nod with a smile before turning around and heading for Jack.

"Your majesty?"

I stop and glance over toward the lady I as just helping. "Yes?"

"Don't be afraid to give love a try. It may be the greatest thing that's ever happened to you." She smiles.

I nod and smile at her words before turning around again and heading toward Jack. I walk to him slowly and watch as he helps person after person with a variety of different things. Hanging streamers, banners, and even carrying boxes of decorations to different locations. Everyone thanks him for his help as they continue with their work.

I'm not going to deny my feelings for him, and I'm also not going to deny the fact that I've ruled this kingdom for 200 years with no king. I will admit that someone by my side would help with my daily duties and help me make tough decisions. But I can't ask that of Jack. Even if he felt the same and we told each other, there is no way I would want to take him away from the life he knew. He has family and friends in his home town, he has a life there that he needs to live. He can't do that with me.

Through all of my thinking, I don't even pay attention when Jack walks towards me. The only time I notice him in front of me is when he waves his hands in front of my face. I look to him startled and smile a bit.

"Hey, you enjoying yourself?" I ask.

He nods with a smile. "The people here are amazing. They always seem so friendly."

I smile. "That's because they are. They always welcome everyone with open arms. That's how it is here."

"I've seen that these past couple of months. That's actually kind of cool." He smiles. "So, what exactly is this festival for?" He asks as we start walking through town.

"It's our summer festival. In the middle of summer, we have a week where we have fun. Many different things happen throughout the week, but on the last day, we have a ball for the entire town." I explain.

He smiles. "That sounds awesome! What kind of events will happen during the week?" He asks.

"I'm not sure yet." I respond. "But since you seem to enjoy having fun, maybe you'd like to help me?" I ask with a smile.

I watch as his smile widens into a grin. "Oh I'd love to help! Let's head back to the castle and get started!"

I giggle as I watch him start running toward the path we took to get down here from the castle. I've notice he is a fun loving child on the inside as well as a very caring and sweet guy. There's so much about him that I've learned and fell in love with. I will also admit he has the greatest laugh in the world! I've heard it quite a bit since I've met him. It fits his personality very well.

As we walk down the tree covered path, I start thinking about what that women had told me. That I should take the chance with Jack. If I care for him, I guess I should let him know that instead of hiding it the entire time I'm around him.

About half way through our walk, I stop. Jack stops as well and looks over to me a be worried. "Elsa? Everything alright?"

I glance up at him and watch as he steps a bit closer to me. I let me gaze wonder his face, from his blue eyes all the way to his soft lips. I take a deep breath as a phrase passes through my mind. 'Now or never'

"Elsa?"

He speaks my name again and looks down to me. I bring my gaze back up to his blue eyes as they stare down into my own.

"Are you okay?" He asks again.

Instead of nodding my head or saying anything, I stand up onto my tip toes and press my lips against his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyy

So this chapter is allll Jelsa! I do hope you enjoyed it! Now Jelsa isn't quite together like Hiccup and Astrid are, but they may be soon! That is if you want that to happen! Also since I haven't done much of Jelsa, I thought you all may want some! I also hope you enjoyed this chapter because I enjoyed writing it!

Now let's ask some questions!

1. Why do you think Jack didn't want to talk about his family?

2. Do you think Jack has a sister or brother?

3. How do you feel about Elsa's sudden action to kiss Jack?

4. How do you think Jack is going to react?

5. What would you like to see in the next chapter?

6. Do you think someone is out to kill the royal family?

7. Was it good or bad?

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow if you haven't already! I will do my best to follow back!

Also don't forget to let me know if you have any ideas for this story! I would love to know them! If I end up using one of your ideas, I will give you credit!

Also don't forget to check Hiccstrid Contests for the current contest I'm holding!!

I love you all and thank you!!

~~HeavensAngels_😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
27.9K 903 53
At the age of 20, Hiccup and Merida get married. They were so deeply in love at the time that they thought love would last. Sadly it didn't and the t...
935K 29.1K 118
All rights reserved. Your a lonely girl. Your family died along time ago on a forgotten island far away. You was always bullied as a child. Some...
18.9K 436 11
Hiccup has been in coma after a devastating act of hanging himself. Astrid is worried that He might not wake up until now. July 6th, 2019 Final Chapt...