What Is Love? | My Inner Demo...

By AnotherRainyK

Imagine My Inner Demons, except you get to be the center of attention.... You just moved into Ava's apartment... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The New City
Chapter 2: The Prince's Desire...
Chapter 3: A Totally Regular Day...
Chapter 4: E-urth?
Chapter 5: Demons?!
Chapter 6: The True Source of a Woman's Power!
Chapter 7: Connected
Chapter 8: Ava's Magic Portal
Chapter 9: What's his face...?
Chapter 10: Siren Song
Chapter 11: Palace Pocket-Dimension
Chapter 12: Pet?!
Chapter 13: A Demon's Sweet Weakness
Chapter 14: Spirits!
Chapter 15: Antisocial
Chapter 16: Ava's Modeling Career EXPOSED!
Chapter 18: So Embarrassing...
Chapter 19: A Failed Outing
Chapter 20: Try Not to Fall! {Asch's Route}
Chapter 20: Victory! {Pierce's Route}
Chapter 20: The Beauty of Earth {Leif's Route}
Chapter 20: So Much to Learn {Rhys' Route}
Chapter 20: Getting Butterflies... {Noi's Route}
Chapter 20: Bubble Tea and Jealousy {Ava's Route}
Chapter 21: Care For Someone
As You Spend An Eternity Waiting For Updates (Sorry)
Chapter 22: Behavior
Chapter 23: Working Together!
Chapter 24: The Date Begins!
Chapter 25: Ava and (Y/n)'s Demon Boyfriends
Chapter 26: Princess Ava?!
Chapter 27: Daemos in Love!
Chapter 28: Be Their Friends...
Chapter 29: Leya!
Chapter 30: Daemos Affairs
Chapter 31: A Spa with Daemos
Chapter 32: Be There For Me... {Asch's Route}
Chapter 32: Comfortable {Pierce's Route}
Chapter 32: I'll Try... For You {Leif's Route}
Chapter 32: Unwanted Emotions... {Rhys' Route}
Chapter 32: Stronger Together! {Noi's Route}
Chapter 32: Nothing... {Ava's Route}
Chapter 32: Late Night Talks {Lorelai's Route}
Chapter 33: Ava is Sick!
Chapter 34: Taking Care of the Humans
Chapter 35: How to Become a Queen
Chapter 36: A Lesson in Responsibility
Chapter 37: Rescue Mission!
Chapter 38: Demon in the Driver's Seat
Chapter 39: Warming Up to You {Asch's Route}
Chapter 39: A Little More Time {Pierce's Route}
Chapter 39: Alone Together! {Leif's Route}
Chapter 39: Stay with Me... {Rhys' Route}
Chapter 39: Holding You Again {Noi's Route}
Chapter 39: Like Old Times... {Ava's Route}
Chapter 39: Feel Better! {Lorelai's Route}
Chapter 39: Just Checking In {Jake's Route}
Chapter 40: Don't Leave the Boys Alone...
Chapter 41: The Most Impressive Thing Guys Do
Chapter 42: A Night Out
Chapter 43: Attention, Affection
Chapter 44: Check-Ins...
Chapter 45: ...Who is the Boyfriend?
Discontinuing this book

Chapter 17: The Kindness of Humans

8.4K 297 289
By AnotherRainyK

Needed Info:

(H/c) - Hair color

(E/c) - Eye color

~~~

~Third Person PoV~

        In the same alter where the five Daemos stood while leaving their world and kingdom, there is a small portion of a glittery purple magic residue left on the floor. A small shadowy figure with purple eyes skitters over to it, examining the remaining magic.

         Not too far away, Prince Rhal is pacing in his bedroom, ranting away to his wife, who seems to be more interested in brushing her hair at the moment.

        "This is utterly ridiculous!" Rhal exclaims. "I can't believe I have to meet with the council!"

        Lady Bish pauses her brushing, a bored expression on her face. "Well darling, what did you think was going to happen when you were next in line for the throne?"

        "That I would be able to kill all my problems! Now my problems are going to kill me!"

        Bish rolls her eyes. "Darling it's just a meeting. You're clearly overreacting."

        "No, not that! Asch!" He yells, stopping her reprimand. "He still isn't back yet! It's been months!"

        "H... He still isn't back yet?" Bish's eyes go wide.

        "No! He's not!"

        There's a knock at the door, then, and Rhal turns to face the door. It opens to reveal one of Rhal's knights.

        "Prince Rhal, Lady Bish, pardon my intrusion. I hope I didn't ruin any moment you two may be having." The knight speaks in a monotone.

        "He's been whispering sweet nothing to me." Bish says with a sarcastic smirk.

        Rhal stares at the knight, only seeing red. "I SWEAR, THIS BETTER NOT BE ABOUT THAT MEETING!!"

        The knight sweat drops, fearfully. "Funny you should mention that..."

        In an instant, the knight finds himself falling from the bedroom window and hurling towards the ground, as a terror-filled cry escapes him.

        "Rhal." Bish says, sternly.

        Rhal whirls back around to face her. "What?!"

        "Go to your meeting."

        Rhal lets out an animalistic scream as he makes his way to the door. "I. Hate. This. SO. MUCH. ASCH IS DEAD!!" He leaves the room, turns around, and breaks the door, before finally walking away.

        Lady Bish sets her brush down, holding a finger up to her lips. "This truly concerns me. Asch has been gone for an uncomfortable amount of time." Her pale hands ball into fists. "If he isn't back in time for Rhal's coronation, Rhal may have to take Asch's place, which means... the crown will fall to another."

        The shadowy figure skitters into the room and onto Bish's desk. When it confirms that it's only visible to her, the shadows dissipate, revealing a black spirit with bright green eyes, one of which forced closed due to a scar. It has some of the magic residue on his face.

        "Oh, you're back, my darling!" Bish beams. She looks at the spirit, now noticing the residue on its face. "What's this?" She wipes some off of his face, smelling it and her eyes go wide. "This is magic residue...It's rather old, based on the smell, but... it's rather potent for being old. Which means it was cast by someone with a good quantity of magic." She looks back to her spirit. "Show me where you found this."

        The spirit gives her a small nod and leads her to the alter.

        Bish silently follows and scans the room, before walking into the center and kneeling by the residue on the floor. "Quite the mystery indeed..." She mumbles.

        Her spirit returns to its shadow form and leaves to wait outside of the room, only temporarily leaving Bish to her thoughts. Another voice speaks out into the vacant room.

        "Well well, if it isn't my daughter, married her way into my family."

        Bish turns around, wide-eyed, and bows. "Lady Grandma."

        Lady Grandma glares at the younger woman. "What are you doing in my ritual room, Lady Bish?"

        "Forgive me, Lady Grandma." Bish says through clenched teeth. "However, I could sense a strong presence of magic had been used here."

        "Sense?" The old woman laughs. "You smelled it. I forget your... unique gift you have with that nose you stick into everyone's business."

        "Hmm? I couldn't help it. It just concerned me, so." Her tone is very clearly fake, Lady Grandma would have to be a fool to believe her. And of all the things Lady Grandma was, a fool was most definitely not one of them. "By the way, why was there such an amount of magic used here? Seems rather odd." Bish pauses, smirking ever so slightly. "Especially with Asch's disappearance as of late..."

       Lady Grandma furrows her brows. "...I suppose you'll have a right to know."

        "Tell me." Bish urges.

        Lady Grandma abruptly strikes a pose, smirking. "I've been experimenting with magic and potions in order to make myself young again! Once Pierce sees my young, beautiful self, he won't be able to resist me!~" She coos.

        Bish is made speechless, staring back at the woman with fear in her face, wondering what she had just awakened.

        The older woman strikes another pose. "Oh, come on!" She glares. "You heard stories about Daemos from all over the land fought for me!"

       Bish smiles. "Of course..." Her words leave her mouth all too quickly and she clears her throat. "Lady Grandma, I am willing to let you go this time, so long as you promise to not work with magic that way again. You know very well magic is becoming scarce. I'd hate to report you to the council for such... misuse of it." She almost shivers at the thought.

       "Ooh, right! I almost forget the magic crisis." She replies innocent, then giggles. "When you get to my age, your mind doesn't work as well as it used to."

        "Understandable, Lady Grandma." Bish says with a small nod. "By the way, you said Asch was out on a self journey. Pray tell where he may be?"

        "Hmm?"

        "Rhal is worried Asch won't be back in time." Lady Grandma didn't feed into her words easily. She knew that Rhal was less concerned about his power than his dearest wife was. "Do you perhaps think that Asch is abandoning his duties for the greater good?"

        Lady Grandma is silent for a moment, but her words eventually leave her lips in a solemn tone. "Asch isn't needed right now."

        Lady Bish only glares back at her.

        "If you were in Asch's situation, you would probably want to see the world too before everything came to an end!" She spits. "Asch is needed when his time's ready. He'll be back when the time is right." She holds up a hand, showing that her fingers are not crossed, therefore she's not lying. "I can assure you."

        The two stand in silence for a moment, staring at the other with contempt.

        "Fine." Lady Bish finally speaks. "You seem keen on letting Asch have his time away from the kingdom." She turns away and begins to leave the room. "Let's hope your frail mind doesn't forget when the time comes..." She exits to meet up with her spirit just outside of the room.

        "Oh, trust me, I won't forget... wench." Lady Grandma hisses at her, before an almost saddened sigh leaves her. "At least I bought them some time. That woman won't give up that easily..."

       Bish stands outside the room for a moment, speaking to herself. "I'm not an idiot." She states. "I know that old hag is smarter than she lets on. And I know she's hiding something." She looks back down to the spirit, giving it a serious look. "Come. We have work to do..." They both leave the scene, once again leaving Lady Grandma on her own in her spell room.

        The Daemos only had so much time to begin with. No one could truly say how much longer this charade would last...

~~~

        On Earth at 1:00 A.M, (Y/n) is laying in bed, only after being carried to bed by one of the Daemos. They were just barely asleep, and their heavy eyes flicker open to find that Rhys is in their room and standing at their bed side.

        "Oh, good! You're awake!" He says, joy in his tone.

        (Y/n) tries to look engaged, as they want the Daemos out of their room as soon as possible so that they can go back to sleep.

        "Just barely..." They mumble, tiredly. "Did you need something?"

        "Remember your promise to take us out when the sun rises."

       (Y/n) props themself up on one arm, leaning into their palm. "That was Ava's promise..."

        "But Ava said we." Rhys counters, causing the human to crash back down into their pillow.

       "Yeah, okay... I should get out to take some photos anyways..."

        Rhys smiles. LI have one more important thing to tell you. Remember to let the other Daemos eat ice cream as well. It's important for our research!"

        (Y/n) lets out a half-hearted giggle. "You really like ice cream." They say with a small smile. "Are you just making excuses to have ice cream again?"

        Rhys beams and his dark eyes light up. "Yes!"

        The human chuckles. "Yeah, okay." They roll away from him. "I'm... going back to sleep." Their eyes shut and the nuzzle into their pillow.

        Rhys turns around and goes to leave the room. "Don't forget." He says one last time before he leaves (Y/n) to get more sleep.

        (Y/n) wakes up again at 2:19, to find their phone being punched by the green-horned assassin himself.

        "I- What are you even doing?"

        "Trying to get the Leif in your magic slab out to show him who's superior!!" He exclaims, before he increases the speed of his punches.

        "Those pictures aren't even on my phone, they're on Ava's! And that's not how they work, anyways, so stop!"

        He looks down at their drowsy form. "Make me!!"

        Without thinking, (Y/n) grabs their phone and puts it down their shirt.

        Leif raises an eyebrow at them. "Uh... what is that supposed to do...?"

        (Y/n) bites their lip. "Make you not wanna grab it from my shirt because you respect my boundaries?" They reply, their tone unsure.

        "I RESPECT NOTHING!!" The Daemos screams, reaching for the phone.

        "If you touch it, I'll call Ava in here to kill you!!" They say, blocking their face.

        Leif smirks. "Heh, y'know, I respect that you use Ava for your own protection. Makes me respect you." He gets up and goes to leave. (Y/n) scrunched up their nose, thinking about his words.

        Oh God... I'm not using Ava, am I?

        Then they thought again about what he just said about respect. "Wait... you just said-"

        "Watch your back, Siren (Y/n)." He exits the room.

        "I'm not a siren!!" (Y/n) calls after him, face-planting into their pillow. "Stupid hot, dumb Daemos..." They close their eyes again and allow themself to drift off to sleep.

        Not even an hour later, at 3:07, (Y/n) wakes up to find Noi lying in bed with them. Their face goes red and they try to cover it up with their blankets, only allowing their (e/c) eyes to be visible.

        "Wh-Why are you in my bed?"

        "Do you think humans will think I'm a threat?" The ginger asks, nonchalantly.

        "To their personal space, sure."

        Noi tilts his head. "What's that mean?"

        "I mean... you're uncomfortably close to me right now and if I didn't know who you were, I'd be alarmed and afraid."

        Noi gasps, his eyes going slightly wide with hope. "Really?!"

        (Y/n) answers with only a nod, their eyes barely staying open.

        "Good!" He giggles happily and gets off of the bed. "Thanks for the advice, (Y/n)!" And he hurried out of the room.

          (Y/n) closes their eyes, rolling over so that they'd be facing the ceiling. "Whoever may be up there, thank you for the hot Daemos boys but... why did you have to make them so stupid? And why do they have to interrupt my sleep when my insomnia's already bad enough?" They sink under their covers, letting the warmth and darkness consume them.

        At 4:45, (Y/n) wakes up to Asch in their room with a fireball in his hand. They're starting get really sick of their sleep being interrupted, so they just stare at him, blankly.

        "Oh my... What are you doing?"

        "Don't try to stop me!" Asch yells back, almost defensively. "Leif told me where you hid your phone so I'm destroying all of your-"

        "Whatever, don't care, I just want sleep." (Y/n) groans, flopping back on their pillow. "Also I don't have 'sources of power,' I'm not magical." They close their eyes again.

        Asch gazes at their sleeping form. "They... fainted at the idea of my deed..." He laughs. "I'll burn the ones from Sorceress Ava's room!" And with that, he runs away.

        At sunrise, Pierce enters (Y/n) room, quietly. "The sun has risen." He informs.

        (Y/n)'s eyes flicker open, revealing a glossy layer of tears over their (e/c) orbs. "I haven't gotten... any sleep. And now I'm overtired..." They say, sadly.

        Pierce walks closer to their beside. "But you said you would take us out."

        "First off, that was Ava." They state. "And I still can, just... not without sleep.... It's how humans get energy..."

        "That explains why Ava is so strong." Pierce marvels aloud. "She does sleep a lot."

        (Y/n) only silently stares at Pierce, their tired, saddened eyes longing for sleep.

        Pierce nods, sitting himself at their bedside. "Sleep."

        "I can't." The humans whines. "I've been woken up so much, I can't focus on sleeping. And now it's just stressing me out." A tear leaks out of their eyes and onto their pillow.

        Pierce only raises his hand to stroke their hair, letting his fingers run through their (h/c) locks, soothingly.

       "Y-You... don't have... to..." (Y/n) hums at the comforting feeling, their eyes flickering shut and accepting his help. "Thank you... for... y-your... kindness..." They drift off to sleep, nuzzling their head against his hand.

        Pierce's eyes widen at their words, more specifically the word kindness. The thinks back to when he was a guard for Rhal, killing senselessly under his command.

        "That's one thing about you! You Daemos lack kindness! Maybe not now, but in time you'll realize your mistakes! You'll all turn on each other... and what happened to us will happen to you!"

        Pierce shakes his head, letting the memory leave his mind for now. He looks back down at (Y/n), looking peaceful and almost... alluring in their rest. He lets a smile graze his lips, going back to stroking their hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499 2 9
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APHMAU EVEN THOUGH SHE IS IN THE COVER These are not my characters they are from a series called 'My Inner Demon's' which you...
35.7K 620 42
Disclaimer Warning❗ Disclaimer Warning❗ This is totally just for fun! I love Aphmau My Inner Demons so much that I just can't wait for A My Inner Dem...
834K 17.4K 200
Some random oneshots and preferences from MID while we wait for season two AND because I have nothing else going on! NONE of the art or characters b...
14.3K 599 23
✎"𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓵𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀." 𝓗𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓫𝓫𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓱 𝓫𝓪𝓰 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓱 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓵�...