MY LIFE AS A STEPMOM🖤✅|COMPL...

By Amnarhhhh

Asmau's life takes a huge turn when her father arranges her marriage to Abubakar Sadeeq Saleem, a doting fath... More

INTRODUCTION✨
1-ONE🖤
2-TWO💘
3-THREE💚
4-FOUR💜
5-FIVE💙
6-SIX🧡
7-SEVEN💜
8-EIGHT🖤
9-NINE❤
10-TEN💛
11-ELEVEN🖤
12-TWELVE💜
🇳🇬13-THIRTEEN🇳🇬
14-FOURTEEN🖤
15-FIFTEEN💙
17-SEVENTEEN🧡
18-EIGHTEEN💛
19-NINETEEN💜
20-TWENTY 💖
21-TWENTY ONE🖤
22-TWENTY TWO💖
23-TWENTY THREE🧡
24-TWENTY FOUR💜
25-TWENTY FIVE🖤
26-TWENTY SIX💚
27-TWENTY SEVEN💙
28-TWENTY EIGHT🖤
29-TWENTY NINE💙
30-THIRTY💕💕
31-THIRTY ONE❤
32-THIRTY TWO💘
33-THIRTY THREE🧡
34-THIRTY FOUR💙
35-THIRTY FIVE🖤
36-THIRTY SIX❤
37-THIRTY SEVEN💜
38-THIRTY EIGHT🖤
39-THIRTY NINE💜
40-FORTY❣
41-FORTY ONE🧡
42-FORTY TWO💜
43-FORTY THREE🖤
44-FORTY FOUR🧡
45-FORTY FIVE💛
46-FORTY SIX💜
47-FORTY SEVEN🖤
48-FORTY EIGHT💙
49-FORTY NINE💚
50-FIFTY💥
51-FIFTY ONE🖤
52-FIFTY TWO💜
53-FIFTY THREE🧡
54-FIFTY FOUR💔
EPILOGUE🥺

16-SIXTEEN🖤

861 160 13
By Amnarhhhh

Abubakar

"Baba, so you want to step down and let Iman take over the company?" I asked Iman's father, who is also the owner of the company we partner with.

"Yes, Abubakar. It's high time I retire and hand the company over to my daughter, Iman, because I trust her. I know she can handle the business very well. And what can I do? She's my only child, so sooner or later, she would have to take over, and the time is now. She will be coming back a day after tomorrow from the states, all the proceedings will be made, and she will formally be the new CEO of my company and also your new partner. So, from tomorrow, anything related to my company should be discussed with her," he stated firmly.

"Yes, Baba, I understand, but you know we have..." I tried to express my concerns, but he interrupted me.

"Yes, yes, Abubakar. I understand that the both of you aren't on good terms and have a past together, but this is business, Abubakar. You guys are good at what you do. Look at you, for example. Your Dad handed over the company to you because he believed in you, and he was right for doing so. You handle the company very well, and the company is growing each and every day. I too trust my daughter to do the same. Please, Abubakar, just agree," he pleaded.

"Okay, Baba. It's pure business, so there's nothing to worry about. Let's hope it's for the best," I prayed, trying to accept the situation.

"Ameen, ameen, my son. I knew I made the right decision to become partners with your company. I will take my leave now," he said.

"Okay, let me escort you," I offered.

"No, just continue your work. I know you have a lot of things to do," he said.

As he left, my mind started racing with thoughts about how I would tell Asmau that Iman is going to be my new partner, and I will have to be seeing her almost every day. The past between Iman and me was complicated, and I knew it wouldn't be easy to explain this to Asmau.

I sighed and continued my work, hoping that everything would work out for the best.

Asmau

I was in the room making a phone call with Abubakar when Saratu came in to inform me that I had a visitor downstairs. "Who is it?" I asked, after removing the phone from my ear.

"Well, Aunty, I don't know because I don't think she has ever visited this house before, but I think she's your sister because you kind of look alike," Saratu said.

"Okay, tell her I'm coming," I said and went back to my phone call with Abubakar.

"So, Habiby, I have to go now. But please don't stress yourself out too much with work, okay?" I said.

"Well, I won't, In shaa Allah. Right now, all I want to do is to come back home, kiss you, hug you, and tell you how much I love you, wifey," Abubakar replied lovingly.

"Awww, my baby, don't worry. A few hours left, and if you come back home, I'm gonna give you a massage, Habiby, and shower you with hugs and kisses," I teased.

"I trust you on that, now. So, don't keep your visitor waiting. Kisses to our dear twins and the kids. I love you," he said.

"Love you too, Habiby. Bye," I said and ended the call. I carried my veil and strolled downstairs just to see my sister.

"Ya salma," I whispered the moment I saw her.

"Ma'u," she hugged me tightly. "How are you?" she added after we broke out of the hug, a smile plastered on her face.

"I'm fine, Alhamdulillah. You?" I asked.

"I'm good," she replied.

There was a minute of silence before she started talking.

"Ma'u, I came here to apologize about what happened the other day. I am really sorry. I never meant anything I said. It was all out of anger. I am really sorry. It was so foolish of me. Please forgive me," she begged, tears welling up in her eyes.

"No, Ya salma, it's okay. I have forgiven you. I didn't hold any grudge. I knew you reacted that way out of anger. I am sorry too if you think I betrayed you," I assured her.

"No, you didn't betray me, Asmau. I know you did what you did because of our parents. I understand now, and I know you and Abubakar are so much in love. I'm happy for you,"

"Thank you, Ya salma. I am really glad we made up," I said with a smile.

"Yes, little sis," she replied, smiling too.

We chatted a little more, catching up on things, before she left. I was relieved that we had reconciled, and I hoped that our relationship would only grow stronger from now on.

Salma

The moment I left Asmau's house, I called Iman, and she picked up on the third ring. "Hello, Iman," I said.

"How are you, Salma? Any good news?" she asked eagerly.

"I'm good, and yes, I have good news. I just apologized to Asmau, and she actually believed me. You know how my sister is, she believes people easily, with the help of my crocodile tears, of course," I chuckled, having a satisfied feeling.

"Good! That's very good! Now, since she trusts you again, we don't have any issues. I'm coming back a day after tomorrow because my Dad is handing over his company to me. I will be the new C.E.O. I will work with Abubakar, and I will make sure to get so close to him. Then, we will set our plan. Don't worry, Salma, we will break them up, I assure you. So, I have to go now. We will talk when I'm back," she said, sounding determined.

"Okay, safe trip," I replied before hanging up.

"Asmau, enjoy your time with Abubakar while you can because it won't last for long. You will soon be in pain," I muttered under my breath and walked away with a malicious grin on my face.

Asmau

"Ya Salma came over today," I informed Abubakar after we finished eating dinner and were preparing for bed.

"Why?" he asked curiously.

"She came to apologize for what she did the other day," I replied.

"And?" he raised an eyebrow, wanting more details.

"I forgave her. She looked sincere, Habiby," shrugged.

"Asmau, I'm sorry, but I know Salma very well. She doesn't like to apologize or forgive easily unless you apologize to her first. So, I find it weird that she apologized to you," he said.

"Well, Abubakar, I am her sister, and maybe she really regretted what she said to me. Besides, I don't want to hold any grudges with my sister, so it's better to just forgive and forget," I said, trying to keep the peace.

"Well, it's true, Hayatie, but please be really careful around her. I don't want you or our twins to get hurt,"

"I don't want that either, Habiby, but I don't think my own sister will hurt me. Look, let's stop talking about Ya Salma. So, how was work?" I changed the subject.

"It was fine, Alhamdulillah. By the way, I need to tell you something," he said, his mood changing slightly.

"What is it? Is everything fine?" I asked, feeling concerned, and snuggled up to him in bed.

"We're going to start working with Iman," he blurted out.

"What? Iman?" I was taken aback.

"Yes, her Dad is handing over the company to her. So, since we're partners with their company, we will have to work together with her. But if you don't agree, I can break the partnership," he said, trying to see my reaction.

"No, Abubakar, it's okay. You can work together. I trust you, Habiby, and it's just business, nothing more. But please don't break my trust, Habiby," I pleaded, feeling emotional.

"I promise I won't, Hayatie. Thank you for trusting me, and please don't cry," he said, hugging me tightly to his body.

"I'm not crying," I protested, but my voice betrayed me.

"It's okay to cry, but not too much," he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sorry; it's my hormones working," I giggled.

"It's okay. Let's sleep," he said as he switched off the lights and cuddled me close.

"Goodnight, Hayatie. I love you," he whispered.

"Goodnight, Habiby. I love you too," I replied, my mind bombarded with thoughts of Iman walking together with my husband.

Written: 26/10/2020
Edited version: 17/9/2023

Vote, Comment, and share✨❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
19.5K 2.5K 57
A love story❤️❤️ Zainab a widowed must find her way to take care of her 3 children, when she met Ammar she thought he's her key to that happiness eve...
1.1K 201 13
A young woman named Sadaf Bashar, often neglected and mistreated by her family, finds solace in the love of her cherished grandfather. After a forced...
7.5K 984 19
A pilot, CEO to his multimillionaire aeronautics company but most importantly a baby daddy. Juggling the three together hasn't only been a tough a th...