The Daughter of Time (Ace of...

By marcyswales17

Ace of Queen series. Maya Dorin's story More

Ch.1 Steal a Glimpse
Ch.2 Angel
Ch.3 Life's a beach
Ch.4 Ink
Ch.5 What's your name?
Ch.6 Tigress
Ch.7 Sweet Baby
Ch.8 Brown Eyed Devil
Ch.9 The King
Ch.10 Sand and Time
Ch.11 For Hire
Ch.12 Three Full Moons
Ch.13 Chef's Kiss
Ch.14 Family
Ch.15 Derailed
Ch.16 Granddaughter
Ch.17 Creating Chaos
Ch.18 Gemini Blues
Ch.19 Lie to Me
Ch.20 Bleeding heart
Ch.21 Mati
Ch.22 Aphros
Ch.23 My Fiza
Ch.24 Never be Enough
Ch.25 You're home....
Ch.26 When you're in love
Ch.27 Home in You
Ch.28 Little things
Ch.29 Olives
Ch.30 If I had a soul....
Ch.31 Sugarless
Ch.32 Boundaries
Ch.33 Good News
Ch.34 A Whole New World
Ch.35 Three Wishes
Ch.36 Tyveer
Ch.37 Bells of Hell
Ch.38 Ira
Ch. 39 White Tiger
Ch.40 A Promise
Ch.41 See no evil, Hear no evil
Ch.42 The temple of Apollo
Ch.43 A Good Man
Ch.44 Thetis
Ch.45 Time Keeper
Ch.46 Selfish
Ch.48 Nura
CH.49 Three
Ch.50 Heal
Ch.50 Flames
Ch.52 Clare Bear
Ch.53 Shooting Stars
Ch. 54 Comet
Epilogue

Ch.47 A family Man

10.5K 778 254
By marcyswales17

Chapter 47

"You're about three to four weeks along," Rye said, walking into the family room with Maya's test results.

Gemma squeezed Maya's hand from where she sat beside her daughter. Exton rubbed his forehead, and Xavier's eyes scanned the room.

"She's been traveling all month," Owen said with concern. "Is the baby safe?"

"The baby is fine," Rye said. She handed the file to Maya who sat it down immediately on the coffee table.

"Maya," Mavi turned to the girl. "Did you know...."

"No, of course not!" Maya rolled her eyes. She let go of her mother's hand and jumped up. "I would have never traveled if I knew I was having a baby."

"Sweetheart," Gemma tried to reach out. "No one is saying you did anything wrong. We're just all concerned."

Maya felt her heart shrink in her chest. Her mother didn't need to say the words for her to know what everyone was thinking.

2 months.

She had only two months to live. And if they didn't break the curse then not only Maya......but her unborn child will die with her. Maya slowly raised her eyes to the one person who had not spoken a single word since Clare had announced the pregnancy.

Heyder stood apart from everyone. He leaned against the window with his arms folded over his chest. His dark eyes were unreadable. Everytime Maya looked at him, he would look away. Her heart started to ache and it took everything in her to not run into his arms.

She didn't want to admit it, but she was scared to her bones. All she wanted to do was wrap her arms around her belly and stay in bed. She wanted Heyder beside her and to feel as if nothing in the words could touch her.

"I.......I need to lay down," Maya said, taking in a deep breath and pushing her hair out of her face.

From the other side of the room, Heyder looked up with concern in his eyes. For the first time in a while he moved and took a step forward.

"Go rest up," Rye nodded. "I'll have you medication sent to your room."

"I'll come with you," Gemma stood up.

"I got it," Heyder spoke up.

Everyone in the room turned to look at the jinn as he walked up to Maya and took her hand. Rye and Mavi stepped out of the way as he began to lead the girl out without uttering another word. Maya followed behind silently. She could feel her parent's eyes on her, but all she could focus on was Heyder's hand holding her's.

As the pair walked to Maya's room which had become theirs, Maya tried to think of something to say. She felt the words rise up in her chest but get stuck in her throat. They were taking up too much space in her lungs.

As they entered the room, Heyder let go of her hands and walked into her closet. Maya didn't know what to do with herself as she stood by the door. She fiddled with her finger and looked around with uncertainty.

"Here," Heyder said, holding out a set of pajamas for her. "Thought you might be more comfortable in these."

"Thanks," Maya took the fresh set of clothes and headed for the bathroom. She knew she could change in the room, but for the first time the idea of being naked with Heyder in front of her upset her.

Maya racked her brain trying to figure out why she was suddenly feeling the distance grow between them. She couldn't figure out why she wanted to suddenly be no where near Heyde yet still have him wrapped up in her arms. Lost in thought, she slowly pulled off her clothes and tossed it in the bin beside the door. As she grabbed the shorts and shirt, her eyes landed on her naked body in the mirror.

With a shaking hand, Maya touched her belly. She spread her fingers over her smooth skin as she stared at herself in the mirror. Her heart began to flutter like an emotional rollercoaster. She flipped through the many feelings in her like flashing lights on a highway.

"Maya?" Heyder's voice came from outside the door. "Are you okay?"

Maya turned towards the door. She opened her mouth and tried to hold her heart steady but her voice betrayed her as it cracked.

"Yeah," she said, not convincing anyone.

A second passed before the doorknob turned and Heyder walked in. His eyes immediately landed on Maya as she stood in front of the mirror with her head hung low. Her hair fell over her face, covering her up as she let the tears fall.

The quiet sounds of her cries broke Heyder. He walked up behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders. Leaning down, he placed a warm kiss between her shoulder blades before wrapping his arms around her.

"Heyder......" Maya cried. She turned around and leaned into him as she covered her face with her hands.

"Shhhh," Heyder whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"I......I don't know...." Maya struggled to speak.

"Let's put some clothes on, yeah?" Heyder spoke gently. He reached out and grabbed the shirt off the counter. Maya stood like a child as the jinn dressed her silently and then carried her over to the bed.

"Are you cold?" he asked as he pulled the covered up to Maya's chest.

"Yes," Maya nodded. She moved over and made space for him as he kicked off his shoes and climbed in beside her.

"Better?" Heyder asked as he pulled her under his arm.

Maya nodded. She placed her head over his chest and used her other hand to wipe away the tears on her face. Heyder's fingers traced circles on her lower back as she lay perfectly still beside him.

No one said a word. The two were lost somewhere far far away. Maya could feel the jinn's magic under his skin and the heat he radiated made her feel worry. She lost all concept of time as she thought of what to say to him.

"Heyder," Maya finally spoke his name, breaking the strike of silence between them.

"Yeah?"

"We're having a baby."

Heyder's hands stilled. Maya felt his muscles lock underneath her. She slowly lifted her head and looked at him.

Heyder stared at the clock on the wall across the room. The muscles on his flexed as he laid with his arm behind his head. Maya waited for him to look at her, but as the seconds passed, she started to get a sick feeling in her tummy.

"Heyder?" She couldn't stop herself. "You....you don't want...."

As Maya spoke, she started to feel the fey magic in her start to rise to the surface.

"Don't complete that sentence," Heyder slowly lowered his arm and sat up beside Maya.

"You haven't said a thing," Maya pointed out. "I.....I know the timing isn't perfect."

Heyder surprised Maya by giving a humorless laugh. He shook his head as he rubbed his face.

"Perfect?" He asked, looking at Maya for the first time. "I don't think there's a word in any language for the timing."

Suddenly, like a crack of lightning, Maya felt the fey magic rise out of her. The slither of space between her and Heyder became occupied by the vibrant shield. Maya watched from within as Heyder's eyes grew wide with concern.

"Birdie!" He reached out for her, but the shield hissed like a snake.

"You.....you don't want the baby?" Maya felt the beads of tears that gathered in her eyes. She found her hand automatically moving to her belly as Heyder's eyes followed her.

"Of course I want this baby!" Heyder jumped off the bed. He stared at the shield around Maya and tried to think of how to reach her.

"Oh really?" Maya felt her temper flare. "Your more than gleeful reaction could have fooled me."

"What do you want me to do?" Heyder frowned. "You want me to celebrate knowing now both my wife and child's life is in danger? You want me to jump up and down while the one person in the whole fuckin' words I can't live without has a time bomb over head?"

"I don't know!" Maya yelled. "I don't know what I want you to do. But do something! I'm scared. I don't want anything to happen to my baby."

"Our baby," Heyder reminded her. "Maya, I'm scared too. I'm terrified! I am terrified to allow myself even a second of happiness over our baby. All my brain can think of right now is how to undo this curse."

"You want this baby?" Maya asked.

"Of course I do!" Heyder yelled. "I want this baby. I want you. I want to come home to you and our baby. It's a dream I never knew I had been building."

Maya's chest grew heavy. She dropped her face into her hands once more as she began to cry. Heyder climbed back onto the bed and kneeled in front of her. He got as close as he could to the shield and waited with painful eyes. Each second passed like an eternity as the fey calculated the jinn's threat level. As soon as the shield began to retreat, Heyder's hands shot out and pulled Maya to his chest.

"I love you," he said to her as he fell back on the bed with Maya on top of him.

"I love you," Maya sobbed. She laid on top of the jinn with her legs in between his. His arms chained her to his chest as he held her head and covered her with kisses.

"I won't let anything happen to you two," Heyder said, lifting Maya's chin to look into her eyes. "I swear."

"What are we going to do?" Maya asked. She rolled off of him and pushed herself up to sit up. Heyder followed her.

"I'll think of something," he said. "I'll call Ali, I'll go to the Tyveer court. I'll do whatever I have to."

Maya bit down on her bottom lip. She nodded her head and took in a long deep breath.

"Please don't cry," Heyder frowned as he reached out. He placed his hand against Maya's cheek and moved a little closer.

With a small smile on her lips, Maya turned her head and placed a kiss on his palm. She felt Heyder's skin warm from her touch. Lifting her eyes, she found his dark eyes watching her as if she was the sun.

For the first time in hours, Maya felt the clouds in her mind part slightly. Like a miracle a slighter of light broke through, allowing her to feel the first rays of happiness. Reaching out, Maya took Heyder's hand and placed it over her belly.

Like a scared child, afraid to make the wrong move, Heyder started to smile. He lowered his eyes to where Maya held his hand and his smile grew wider. When he looked up, Maya through her heart would stop.

"Don't cry," Maya felt her heart shake.

"Fuck," Heyder gave a husky laugh. He wiped his eyes with his free hand and pulled Maya onto his lap.

"You are going to make a wonderful father," Maya whispered as he wrapped his arms around her and spread his hands over her belly.

Heyder didn't trust himself to speak. His throat tightened as he placed his lips on Maya's shoulder and nodded his head.

Had he ever cried?

Heyder couldn't remember. And he didn't want to. The last time he had come close to any kind of tears was when his mother had passed away. But as he sat holding Maya and their little baby in her belly, he couldn't stop the tears that gathered in his eyes.

The kid wasn't even here yet but already Heyder was ready to give up the word for him.

_______________________

The next morning Maya slept peacefully as Heyder watched her from where he stood near the bed. His mind ran a thousand different ways as he tried to think of a course of action. He had no idea where to go or which door to bang on for help. But he knew he couldn't wait around. Every second that passed was precious.

As the sun started to rise outside, Heyder took a step back from the bed. In an instant, Maya's shield appeared over her sleeping body. Worried for her safety, Heyder moved closer and as soon as he did, the shield dropped.

Confused by the queer action of the fey, Heyder took a step back. The shield appeared once more. To test his theory, Heyder took a step forward. The shield lowered.

"You're guarding her and the baby," he said, eyeing the shield. A sigh of relief left his chest as he took a step back. The shield came on and Heyder smiled. With a nod, the jinn turned away and exited the room silently.

The palace was still asleep. Official hours had not begun yet and the night staff was slowly transitioning out. Heyder walked down the hall toward the stairs. The bright sun started to rise higher and higher in the sky outside promising a beautiful day.

"I want to wipe that stupid grin right off your fuckin' face," a voice suddenly spoke from behind the jinn. Heyder paused. He sighed and slowly turned around.

"Good morning, Clare," he said.

"I told you to stay away from her!" Clare took an angry step forward. "I told you it wouldn't be good!"

"Well, aren't you a fuckin' ray of sunshine this morning," Heyder smirked.

"Are you happy with yourself, you dimwitted train wreck?"

"Yes, extremely," Heyder nodded. "Aren't you?"

Clare shut her eyes and took in a long deep breath. Heyder rocked back on his heels as the girl opened her wild eyes and glared at him.

"You have no idea what you did to her," she said. "And this poor child."

"I won't let anything happen to Maya or our baby," Heyder said.

"You don't get it," Clare shook her head, frowning. "He wouldn't want this life."

Clare's words sparked Heyder's curiosity.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You do realize your son will be a mix of witch, jinn and fey, right?"

Heyder didn't speak. In all of the mess yesterday, he hadn't stopped to consider his child's inheritances.

"He won't belong......" Clare said quietly. "Why.....why would you put someone through that cruelty?"

"Maya and I will never let him feel different," Heyder took a small step forward.

"No," Clare shook her head. "No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, Heyden will never forget that he is different. All this love will just..... suffocate him."

As she spoke, Heyder couldn't help but get the feeling Heyden wasn't the only one she was referring to. Clare's eyes shone with hidden tears as she began to chew on her bottom lip like her mother. She looked out the window and stared at the sunlight.

"Clare," Heyder started slowly. "You know......you can stop this."

Clare remained silent. Her dark hair began to sway from the ghost of a wind as Heyder waited for her.

"You can break the curse, Clare," he reminded her. "I promise you Maya and I will bring you the ophiotaurus."

Slowly, Clare began to turn to the jinn.

"Think about Maya," Heyder pushed. "She's having a baby. She wants to bring this child into this world."

Clare frowned, "I know what she wants, you idiot. I know better then anyone."

"Help us then.....please."

"This is not how it's supposed to be," Clare shook her head.

"Clare," Heyder took another step forward. "Listen to me carefully. Save Maya and Heyden and I will swear my life to you."

"I don't want your li-"

"I will do anything you ask of me," Heyder continued. "Without question or any conditions."

Clare turned her eyes to look at the jinn. Her gray stormy eyes narrowed as Heyder begged her.

"Please," Heyder held his breath.

"Give me sometime," Clare said.

"We don't have ti-"

"You said you will do whatever I ask of you without question or conditions," Clare snapped.

Heyder shut his mouth.

"Give me a few days to get everything ready," Clare said. "Until then, don't do anything stupid.....for Maya's sake."

"You know you could have really saved us all so much trouble if you had just broken the curse earlier," Heyder said.

"Oh yes, of course," Clare smiled. "I break the curse, you break Maya's heart and go off with Fiza without ever realizing that you never truly loved any of the others. Maya would have been heartbroken and you, my dear idiotic moron friend, would have missed out on being with the true love of your life. So much I could have saved you from."

"You sass like your mother," Heyder smiled.

Clare's face went back to its usual uninterested state, "I'll call you when I'm ready."

___________________________

"I'm going to be an uncle?" Ali's eyes grew wide as the moon. "Of your son?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Heyder asked.

"I never thought you would have kids," Ali said. "Do you even know how to be a father?"

"I'll figure it out," Heyder shrugged.

"Lord protect that child," Ali said under his breath. "How's Maya?"

"She's sleeping."

"And the curse?"

"I'm working on it," Heyder flipped open one of the many books in the study they sat in.

"I heard Mirza and Zubair are not happy with you right now," Ali watched his friend. "And you know when they find out about the baby, they will flip."

"They have another thing coming their way if they think I will ever let them touch my family," Heyder looked up just in time to see a wide smile on his oldest friend's face. "What?"

"Family?" Ali grinned. "I like hearing that word from you."

Heyder shrugged as if it was no big deal. But he had to admit, inside, his heart was doing flips.

"Heyder is about to be a father," Ali said in disbelief. "Wow, I can't wrap my mind around it."

"Get used to it," Heyder laughed. "I want to get a place for Maya and the ba-"

Before Heyder could finish his words, he felt a ping of spark in the pit of his stomach. It was the strangest thing. He had never, in his whole life, felt anything like it. And what stunned him more was knowing immediately that Maya needed him. Heyder snapped his finger and appeared in Maya's room. The bed was completely empty. The sheets were messy and the pillows all on the floor.

"Maya!" Heyder's voice boomed. He looked around as Ali appeared beside him.

The radiant glow of the violet shield pulsed from inside the bathroom. As it caught Heyder's eyes, he ran in and found Maya sitting on the floor leaning into the toilet.

"Maya!" Heyder called again as he jumped to sit beside her. Maya opened her eyes as she pressed a hand over her mouth. Heyder pulled her hair back and began to run his hand up and down her back. "What's wrong? What do you need?"

"Call my mom," Maya said, her voice weak.

"Ali," Heyder looked up at his friend hovering by the door.

"Got it," Ali snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Heyder turned back to his wife and pulled her closer, "Are you okay, birdie?"

"It hurts," Maya's bottom lip trembled.

"What hurts?" Heyder frowned.

"Everything," Maya said. "I woke up and it felt like I was run over by a truck."

"Gemma is coming," Heyder assured her. He kissed the top of her head and pushed his magic against her back. At first Maya tried to shake him off, but she couldn't put up a fight as her body started to immediately accept his healing.

"I'm going to take you back to bed, okay?" Heyder spoke gently. Maya leaned her head against his chest and nodded.

"Don't move too quickly," she said. "It makes me dizzy."

"Okay, my love," Heyder picked her up into his arms and slowly walked out of the bathroom. He carried her over to the bed and laid her down against the soft sheets. As he adjusted the pillows under her head, Rye and Gemma walked in with Ali.

"She's saying everything hurts," Heyder said, looking over his shoulder.

"Nothing to worry about," Rye looked at her granddaughter. "Fatigue is normal during pregnancy."

But as the doctor spoke, a deep frown began to form on Gemma's face. Heyder watched her and raised a brow.

What? He asked her through the link. What is it?

Do you not sense it? Gemma asked. Her magic.....it's flickering on and off.

What? Heyder frowned. What are you talking about?

I felt it as soon as I walked in, Gemma moved closer to Maya.

I don't sense anything, Heyder focused on Maya. Her magic seems fine to me.

No......there's something else.......it's feeding on her magic.

Heyder brought Maya's hand to his lips. He kissed her softly as his eyes scanned her. Gemma's words put a knot in his stomach. He tried to stay calm as Rye and Maya spoke about how she was feeling but he couldn't get over the worried look in Gemma's eyes.

Heyder, Gemma's voice shook even through the link. What do you sense?

Maya. I sense Maya.

No! Gemma said stubbornly. Focus, let go of her hand and focus.

Heyder let a minute pass. He silently dropped Maya's hand and took a small step back. Narrowing his eyes, he shut out all the voices in the room and all the other distractions. His mind opened up and he began to slowly spin the ring on his finger.

Like feeling the heat of a fire when you stand too close to it, Heyder began to feel the present of magic in the room. Gemma's was strong. Like a warm glow heating up a room during a snowstorm. Even though he didn't want to, he could feel Clare's magic like the shock of being electrocuted and the girl wasn't even in the room.

But between the two, there was something else. Heyder took a step closer to Maya and frowned. Gemma's breathing began to increase as she waited for him to speak.

"What is it?" She asked. Maya and Rye looked up. They looked from Gemma to the Jinn.

"Heyder?" Maya said as she watched all the color drain from his face. "What's wrong?"

Heyder looked up and locked his eyes with Gemma.

"The baby," he said. "He's feeding off of Maya's magic.....he's draining her."  

These two can't catch a break......what now? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.4K 17
"You Showed Me The Beauty Of Life."
19.2K 227 46
This is a TVD story. I hope you enjoy.
16 2 29
Horror. Vampires. Love. Death
9.9K 257 8
The whole story is about Mark who is a fully vampire in love with Junior, a normal human.