The night is darkest just bef...

By Mimorimori

After getting rejected by his childhood crush, Izuku was heartbroken. On the very same day, he got attacked b... More

Chapter 1: A bad day
Chapter 2: Night mission
Chapter 3: A favour
Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting
Chapter 4.5: Aizawa
Chapter 5: Searching for an answer
Chapter 6: Bad timing
Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded
Chapter 8: Fear and worry
Chapter 9: A wishful thinking
Chapter 10: Fragment of the past
Chapter 11: Hidden truth and pain
Chapter 12: Decision
Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling
Chapter 14: Spotted
Chapter 15: Hunted down
Chapter 16: Captured
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: Test
Chapter 19: A small chat
Chapter 20: What am I to you?
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 23: First mission (Part One)
Chapter 25: End of first mission, beginning of a storm
Chapter 26: Scars
Chapter 27: Togata Mirio
Chapter 28: Training and preparation
Chapter 29: Cargo
Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 30.5: His story
Chapter 31: Getting ready
Chapter 32: Battle
Chapter 33: Warning, danger
Chapter 34: The choice that was made
Chapter 35: Taken
Chapter 36: A small hope
Chapter 37: Bad route...?
Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order
Chapter 39: Rescue mission
Chapter 40: That's my promise to you
Chapter 41: No longer the same

Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)

2.6K 136 66
By Mimorimori

The location of the vampire's house is in an old neighborhood where many residences has already moved out. A very shady-looking place but it serves as a rather good spot for vampires to hide without drawing much attention to them.

Stepping out of the car, Kayama narrowed her eyes on the house. Through the window, she can see that it is pitch black inside but for a moment, the curtain inside seems to be moving a little bit. She'd like to believe that it was her imagination but after years of hunting vampires, she knew that she wasn't overthinking about it.

Someone or 'something' is inside the house and the chance of it being another vampire is very high. Taking on two vampires isn't that difficult for her but it was their ability that she need to be wary of. While things has gotten a little bit troublesome, Kayama isn't too worried about it. Since she has a cute newbie who is also a vampire on her team tonight.

The vampire, which she found out that his name is Kei (and possibility a fake name), lead her into his house. He didn't bother to turn on the lights. He just keep his hand around her waist as he carefully bring her to his room. Inside the dark house, Kei didn't bump into anything thanks to his vampire's night vision and Kayama knows that if she didn't point it out, he might end up suspecting her instead.

"Hey, aren't you going to turn on the lights?" she asked.

"Ah, about that... it's embarrassing but my house is a little messy right now. So I don't really want you to see that." Kei replied, faking a sheepish smile.

"But wouldn't you bump into something and end up hurting yourself?"

"It's alright, I know my own house like the back of my hand."

Entering his room, the only light that help Kayama to see is the moonlight that shines through the window. Without asking for any permission, she went to his bed and sits down on it, giving him a seductive look to temp him into coming closer to her.

It worked and the vampire came closer like a moth drawn towards fire. To his surprise, Kayama smiled and said, "I trust that you know what to do now right, 'newbie'?"

That sentence doesn't sounds like she's talking to him. Giving her a puzzled look, Kei asked, "What are you talking-"

A shadow appear at the window and the glass shatter into many pieces. Before he knew it, his neck was twisted to the side due to a powerful hit. Kei can feel his own neck breaking but he won't die from this, since he's not a weak and powerless human. He grabbed his own head and twist it back. Standing in front of his prey is a teenage boy with messy green hair. He couldn't smell anything from this boy but those eyes give away his identity.

This kid is a vampire.

"Tch, what are you doing, you brat?! Are you trying to steal my prey?!" Kei snapped angrily, bearing his fangs. He doesn't care that his plan to have his way with the female human was ruined. Either way, he'll kill this vampire and the woman.

"Are you alright?" Izuku asked without turning around to look at the female hunter. He knows that the enemy this time could be troublesome so he cannot take his eyes off him. Who knows what the enemy will do the moment Izuku were to look away.

Izuku blinked when he saw how the adult vampire's eyes starts to glow and he immediately knew that it wasn't a good sign. If the opponent can paralysis his target just by looking at them, then it would be a very bad idea to fight in this house where there isn't much space or hiding place. Izuku tear the window's curtain off and flung it at Kei's face to block his sight and preventing him from using his ability. Making use of this chance, Izuku slam his foot right onto Kei's abdomen.

"This brat is fast!" Kei internally cursed as blood flow from his mouth. He rip the piece of fabric off and the first thing he saw is sharp nails, aiming for his eyes. Kei let out a pained scream as Izuku slash across his eyes, temporary taking away his sight.

Kayama watches in disbelieve. She knew that battles between vampires has always been bloody and violent. She has seen it a few times before but to see this young 'boy' doing such an upsetting thing as destroying the enemy's eyes... it feels weird.

Izuku widen his eyes in shock when Kei reach out a hand and grabbed his face. Before he can react, Kei slam him down to the floor and making a small crater beneath him.

"How naïve of you to think that by taking away my eyes, you'd have the upper hand. I may not be able to see or smell you but my ears are still working. Every little small sound you make, I can hear it clearly. You may be faster than me but I'm not the type to go down so easily."

Kei heard a warning growl. The boy grad onto his wrist with an iron grip, probably wanting to get his hand off. But Kei was deadly wrong about it. With his free hand, the younger vampire slam a fist onto his forearm, breaking the bone in an instant.

"You fucker...!" Kei cursed. The moment he let go, Izuku push his body up and head-butt him. Which hurts like hell. This is really bad, he got careless and now he's in a pinch. He really need to drink some blood to speed up the healing process of his eyes or else this stupid brat is going to kill him!

Given by how the enemy has started to panic, Kayama reach for the gun that was hidden inside the sleeve of her dress and pull it out. Without batting an eye, she pull the trigger and shot both of Kei's legs to prevent him from escaping.

"Fuck! That woman is a hunter?!" Kei thought.

Izuku got behind him and push him down, pinning both of his hands behind his back. That's one down but there's another vampire in the house and he'd need to tell Kayama about it.

Kei tried to struggle and Izuku let out a growl, giving him a warning and telling him to remain still. It was a huge shock to know that a hunter and a vampire is working together. This explains why how this brat knows about his ability and went for his eyes first but why? Why are they working together?

Whatever the reason is, Kei won't think too deeply about it. He fucked up real bad this time by inviting a hunter into his house. He refuse to let himself get caught by the hunter and all he has in mind right now is to escape and in order to do that, he would let a dangerous 'beast' loose without caring about the consequences. Gritting his teeth, Kei shouted at the top of his lunges, "RYO! COME OVER HERE NOW!"

Izuku froze when he felt an overwhelming bloodlust heading toward them. He whipped around and standing at the door, is a boy with bark brown hair and glowing red eyes. Based on appearance, he seems to be around the age of an eight to nine years old child.

"I'm hungry..." Ryo said.

Not only the tone in his voice is emotionless, even his red eyes are dull and lifeless. And that gives both Izuku and Kayama chills as they realized that this child is a bad news.

Shadow-like hands begin to rise up from the shadow beneath Izuku and Kei. Sensing the danger, Izuku quickly release Kei and dodge the hands by jumping away from the older vampire. The shadow hands gadded onto Kei by his arm and legs, pulling him up into a kneeling position. One of the hands grad onto his head and force him to turn around and look at Ryo. Kei's unable to see anything but he knew that Ryo is approach him, staring at him with those creepy and disturbing gaze.

Ryo hasn't drink any blood in a week and he looks like he might snap at any moment due to hunger. While it was his own fault for not feeding the younger vampire sooner, Kei believe that things will be fine. Ryo has listened to him like an obedient dog all these time without a problem so this time wouldn't be any different.

"I'm hungry." He repeated. Tilting his head to the side, he asked, "Where... is my food?"

"That woman over there is your food. If you kill her, you can drink her blood." Kei replied.

Hearing that, Kayama brace herself for any incoming attack. It wasn't just her and Izuku, even Kei appears to be afraid of this vampire named 'Ryo'. For him to be this terrified... just what kind of ability does Ryo has? Based on what she has seen. It seems like he can control shadow but there could be something more to that ability.

"But you promised me that you'll bring at least three humans home tonight. We even did a pinky swear. You promised me. You broke the promise. You lied to me." Ryo said.

"It can't be helped! There are time where things won't go the way you want-"

"Every liar need to be punished."

Kayama and Izuku watches with their eyes wide open in horror as Kei was rip apart by those shadow hands as if his body was made of paper. Blood splatter everywhere but Ryo remain expressionless. This is a very gore and disturbing scene that could make Izuku throw up but no, he found his eyes glued to all those blood on the floor. There was so much blood and it... doesn't smells as good as human's blood but still... it seems to be rather appetizing-

Izuku shake his head to get rid of those thoughts that his vampire instinct is trying to temp him with. "No, stop. Don't think about it. There's an enemy right in front of me so I need to focus on the fight!"

"Now then... what should I do when there are unwanted guest?" Ryo muttered to himself as he slowly turn his gaze towards Izuku. "It should be fine if I were to kill them right?"

~~~

As they are getting closer to the location where Izuku and Kayama is at right now, Kaminari split up with Katsuki and Todoroki halfway and now the two hunters is trying to rush over as quickly as they can. When they finally found the house, both male hunters is shocked to see that Kayama is outside, lying on the floor with a few cuts on her arm and leg. But where is Izuku? Should he be with her?

Upon spotting them, Kayama shouted at them to warn them about the 'danger' inside the house. "Be careful, the enemy is an 'Abnormal'!"

Todoroki and Katsuki wasn't prepared to hear this news but now they do know that the enemy this time is just as dangerous as the pure blooded vampires. 'Abnormal' is a type of vampire whose behavior isn't very... well, normal. These type of vampires is uncommon but they are dangerous on their own way. Every single one of them used to be humans with a weak mind that isn't strong enough to accept or withstand the changes of turning into a vampire. They may become immortal but in return, their mind is 'broken'.

For Izuku to be fighting against such a troublesome and dangerous opponent, there's no way Katsuki wouldn't be worried about his childhood friend's safety.

"Where is Deku?!" he asked.

"When the enemy attacked us, he protected me and push me out of the window. So right now he's still inside the-" Kayama got cut off midsentence when a loud banging sound was heard. The next thing everyone knew is that 'something' crash through the wall and slam onto the wall on the opposite side.

The hunters widen their eyes in shock when they saw that it was Izuku. On top of that, his head is bleeding really badly. Izuku gritted his teeth and growled, glaring at the enemy that send him flying outside. Green eyes changing into blood red and Katsuki mentally cursed when he saw it.

Fuck, this isn't looking good. It could be because of the injuries but it seems like Izuku has accidentally let his instinct took control. If Katsuki doesn't snap him out of it soon, this is going to become a battle where two vampires is fighting to tear the throat out of each other.

"Deku! Snap out of it! You aren't here to fight and kill the enemy but to fight along with us and watch out for our backs! Remember that, damn nerd!" Katsuki shouted.

Izuku flinched at the blond's loud voice and stops growling. He turn around and his gaze soften at the sight of his childhood friend.

"Kacchan-" Izuku paused when he felt a sudden wave of dizziness. Oh no, looks like the hit to the head is affecting him more than he thought.

Katsuki turn his attention to the hole in the wall. Inside the house is dark so he can't see who the hell is inside. Kayama said that the enemy is an 'Abnormal' but from what he has seen, that guy looks like any average womanizer. Unless that fucker isn't alone. Fuck, for his partner to be an 'Abnormal' who is strong enough to injure Izuku this badly... he definitely cannot let such enemy live.

Izuku frown when he heard the sound of footsteps. That boy is coming out and with the way he is right now... he won't be able to fight properly and he need time to heal his head injuries. Izuku reach for his pocket and felt the 'item' inside, in perfect piece and uncrushed.

"I don't want to use 'it' this early but I don't have much choice right now..." Izuku thought.

Roy step out from the shadow and both Katsuki and Todoroki is surprised to see that it was a child. But when it comes to vampires, looks can be really deceiving. They may look like a kid but they could be way older than that.

"Watch out Kacchan, Todoroki-kun... he can control shadow." Izuku said.

"Shadow huh..." Katsuki thought as he loaded the bullets into his gun. Sounds like an ability that's a fucking pain in the ass to deal with. But now that he knows what this brat is capable of doing, he need to be on guard and find a way to win this fight.

~~~

A/N: For those who doesn't know, I was taking a break previously to rest my eyes since there was some problem with it. Now I'm back to writing, I wanna thank those who has been waiting patiently for the new chapter. On a side note, here's a few fun facts about this story for those who are interested↓

-This story was supposed to have a bad ending where both Katsuki and Izuku died in battle

-Izuku's dad was planned to be dead too

-Kaminari was planned to die by the hands of a pure blooded vampire

-Every hunters is planned to have a codename but coming up with so many different codenames is a pain in the ass so the Author drop that idea

-The author still hasn't decide on what kind of ability Izuku'll awake in the future (;w;)

-Author sucks at naming title so she pick the words from an anime quote. And this is the quote from the anime Gintama, said by the main character, Sakata Gintoki: 'The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 7K 31
Katsuki Bakugou has been a vampire now for well over a hundred years, turned when he was only twenty two years old. Now he's permanently stuck at th...
13.2K 248 20
Izuku is obsessed with bakugou to the point where he's dangerous to those around him. And when they began dating a few years back Midoriya made sure...
46.3K 1.7K 35
"𝘪'𝘮 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵." 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍. 𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣・/əˈten(t)SH(ə...
90.9K 2.7K 19
So izuku has a crush on Katsuki(Phyfe,obviously ),and has been meaning to tell him ,but the day when Izuku was gonna announce his feelings to katsuki...