The Wrong Twin

By artxiem

Evelyn Potter was the girl-who-lived, or so they thought. Harry was the true boy-who-lived, who beat Voldemor... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
author's note

15

36.5K 1K 263
By artxiem

<Harry POV>

I decided to go to the Chambers of Secrets today. I crept out early at 5 am. Draco, Theo, and Blaise are all heavy sleepers, quite easy to sneak out. I made sure Jadeite is safely wrapped around my shoulders while walking out the Slytherin common room. 

I turned myself invisible with the spell that me and Row finalized before I left. I walked towards the 2nd floor girl bathroom, sneaking past Myrtle and random teachers.

"Open" I hissed silently.

The tap of the sink widened. I quickly slid in and noticed it was dusty and dirty. It has obviously not been opened for years. 

"Stairs and Lights."  

I climbed up the stairs and watched as lights flickered around the narrow corridors. I opened the huge heavy wooden door and was immediately greeted by a hissing sound.

"Greetings Master Harry. It has been a long time." 

Harry looked at the green long basilisk. Dakota only attacks when she wants to. Her eyes are like switches, they can turn on and off. 

"Dakota. How are you now?" Harry hissed back. 

"Fine. I smell another scent."

"That's Jadeite! My pet snake."

Jadeite peeked out from under my sleeve and hissed. "Dakota! It's been ages. Can I visit you occasionally?" 

"Yes Jadeite." Dakota hissed obviously pleased that she had a new friend. I laughed and told Jadeite that she can come here any time she wants with Dakota. With that, I left the Chamber of Secrets leaving the 2 of them.

~

I entered the Great Hall and walked towards the Slytherin table quickly. 

"Where the hell were you?" Draco asked me.

I sighed. I should've known. Draco is too overprotective, afraid that someone is going to attack me from behind. 

"Dray. I know how to protect myself. Plus I've just been visiting another old friend." I sighed, grabbing a green apple and tossing it to him before getting myself a red apple. 

"Come on Harry... Where's my one?" Blaise pouted playfully. I smirked and threw him another red apple, a green one to Theo, and a red one to Pansy. As soon as each of them caught their respective apples, 7 owls came flying towards my seat in the Slytherin table.

6 of the owls were holding a broomstick shaped package and the last owl was carrying a letter.  I eagerly opened the letter which was lucky because it said:

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

  It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Marcus Flint will meet you later after breakfast on the Quidditch field for your first training session.
  Severus Snape

I handed the letter to Draco, Theo, Blaise and Pansy who were envious that I got a broomstick. 

"Let's go ride it." I whispered to them eager to get back on the air. They nodded and we headed out of the great hall, broomstick under my arm, only to be stopped by Evelyn, Ron, and the mudblood.

Evelyn grabbed my broom from my hand. "That's a broomstick," she said, throwing it back to me with a mixture of jealousy and spite on her face. "You'll be in for it this time, Harry, first years aren't allowed them."

"It's not any old broomstick," Draco said, he couldn't resist it, "it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Potter, a Comet Two Sixty? Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

Before Evelyn could reply, Prof. Flitwick appeared beside me.

"Not arguing I hope?" he squeaked out.

"Harry's been sent a broomstick Professor." Ron piped in.

"Ah yes. Prof. Snape told me about the special circumstances. I take it it is a Nimbus two thousand?" 

"Yes sir." I said trying not to laugh. "Don't you get a broomstick too Potter?" 

Evelyn ran towards the head table, followed by Ron and Hermione, obviously begging James to buy her a Nimbus two thousand. Draco laughed and dragged me out to the Quidditch field. Blaise quickly took off the wrapper and gasped in the sleek design. Sleek and shiny, with a mahogany handle, it had a long tail of neat, straight twigs and Nimbus Two Thousand written in gold near the top. 

"Harry, you should ride it first." Theo said eagerly, wanting to have a go on the broom too.

I mounted the broom and flew into the air. "Hey watch this!" I shouted, standing on my broom with my 2 legs. I could hear Pansy shrieking and gasps, but I ignored it. I bent my knees about to do a flip. I jumped off the brooms and did a front flip while my broom travelled under me. I caught the broom with my hands and hauled myself up. 

"Oi Potter! Come down!"

Marcus Flint had arrived. He was carrying a large wooden crate under his arm. I landed next to him, glancing at my friends signaling them to sit in the stands. 

"Very nice," said Flint, his eyes glinting. "I see what Snape meant... you really are a natural. I'm just going to watch you practice today, then you'll be joining team practice three times a week." He opened up the crate and took out the snitch. 

"Ready Potter?" 

"Please refrain from calling me that." I winced as I flew up to the air.

Flint released the ball. I gave it a minute headstart and immediately caught it in less than 5 minutes. He was pleased, he was smiling by the time I had caught the snitch 10 times to his satisfaction. 

"We'll win the cup against Gryffindor this year!" he squealed keeping the balls and practically skipping his way to the castle. Draco, Blaise, Theo, and Pansy came running down the pitch towards me. I let them fly around for a while and soon it was time for lunch. Heading into the castle, I decided to travel through the 3rd floor corridor. 

"Harry." Pansy warned.

"Go on without me." I gestured them towards the great hall and walked towards the 3rd floor. When I opened the door, I found myself face to face with a 3 headed dog. I immediately played music to calm it down, and I travelled through the mysterious trapdoor that it was standing above. 

Down the trapdoor I go, met the devil snare. Quickly use my fire magic to summon a fire. I heard the sound of flapping wings. I looked up and noticed some birds. No. I squinted again. They were flying keys with wings. I noticed several broomsticks leaning against the wall. I smirked as I flew to catch the key. I caught and shoved the key into the hole of the door, thus unlocking it.

The next room was a shockingly big chessboard. I sighed. I'm not that good at chest. I then shadowed travel my way to the other end of the room, but still gaining a few injuries from rubbles that the chess pieces threw at me. I quickly ran through the doorway and shut the door. I turned around and saw a troll growling at me.

"What is wrong with Hogwarts and trolls?" I snarled levitating the troll and throwing it against the wall, thus making it unconscious. I walked to the table at the very end of the room. The table had several bottles and a piece of parchment paper. It read:

Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, which ever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting bidden in line.
Choose, unless you wish to stay here forevermore,
To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
You will always find some on nettle wine's left side;
Second, different are those who stand at either end,
But if you would move onward, neither is your friend;
Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,
Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight.

I smiled. I used to do all the riddles book back with Row. I quickly drank the smallest bottle and walked towards the flames. I appeared in a dark room with a mirror. I crept closer and yelped when I saw what I saw. I saw me with Draco holding hands, with Snape, Sirius, Remus, Blaise, Theo, Pansy, and a random guy happy at the side. I shook my head and I read the signs around the mirror. 

'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi' I quickly solved the anagram and it read. 

'I show not your face but your heart's desire.' Is this what I desire? Me and the handsome blacked-hair man. I felt something heavy drop in my pocket of my pants. I placed my hand and took out a red stone. 

A philosopher stone! What the hell was Dumbledore thinking hiding an ancient artifact in a school full of teenagers.. and me! I smirked as I realized everything.

Voldemort must've been finding this. 

I shrunk the stone and make a necklace out of it. I hung it around my neck, low enough so that people will not notice. I'm going to have a talk with Quirell. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 755 20
Harry Potter is the boy who lived, but he is not seen as someone powerful like Dumbledore or Voldemort. But what if he was powerful? What if he was o...
348K 9.7K 32
My name is Amara O'Connell. I wasn't born an O'Connell I was born a Potter. I have an older brother named James Potter Jr. When Voldemort came to at...
744K 16.8K 64
Thomas potter is the "Boy-Who-Lived." His fame and future named by the beloved wizard of the light, Albus Dumbledore. But what happens if he made a...
713K 17.1K 33
Harry James Potter has a brother named, Jacob Lilly Potter who is declared Boy-who-lived after that fateful Halloween night. But what happens when Du...