The Dragon Princess

By HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... More

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Trust and Comfort
Crafting Protection
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Confessions
Now or Never
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Reassurance and Curiosity
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Birthday Celebrations
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done
Thinking Emotions
It's Time to Chat

Romantic Night

290 14 3
By HeavensAngels_

Hiccup's P.O.V.

That night I put together a picnic for Astrid and I to enjoy. She tried her best to help me but I told her to go upstairs and get ready, even if she was already so beautiful.

I made a simple meal with sandwiches, fruit, and even some baked treats for the town bakery. I felt making chicken or fish wouldn't have been the best way to go. They are hot foods and I don't want to risk them getting cold before we have a chance to even sit down and eat.

After placing the food and proper utensils in a basket, I walk over to the chest full of blankets and pull out a red plaid blanket big enough for both of us to sit on. I place it onto the counter next to the basket of food and head upstairs to freshen up myself.

There's not much that I need to do, mainly just brush my hair and make sure I don't look like a mess. Thankfully, it doesn't take me very long to do so. I'm able to brush my hair within a minute and quickly head over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I'm not entirely sure what might end up happening tonight, but I have to at least make sure I don't have stinky breath.

Once done with everything, I head back downstairs and get Toothless into his saddle. He jumps around happily as I hold it out, knowing the meaning behind it. I chuckle and have to tell him to sit still while I put it on him. Even when he isn't moving it's hard to get it on him.

By the time I finish with Toothless's saddle, he gets excited again and hops towards the stairs. I chuckle to myself as I look over to the steps to see Astrid wearing a beautiful blue dress. It was simple but yet made her look like a goddess. It hugged her curves beautifully, showing the world just how perfect she was. Her sleeves were long but flowed just like the bottom of her dress, perfectly. She had her hair mostly down while some was pinned in the back. She wore no crown but I could only imagine how she would like with a flower crown atop her head. She would like beautiful...well she is beautiful. She wore no make up but that didn't matter because her skin was already so flawless.

"Whoa...." The word escaped my lips as I took in every inch of her beauty. "You... you look beautiful."

I see her cheeks redden a bit as she slowly looks up to me. "Thank you.."

"You're welcome." I softly say as I look into her blue eyes. I wasn't sure what to say next but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen anyone as beautiful as her.

We both looked at one another with silence until I felt Toothless nudge me from behind. I stumble forward a bit as I get some of my senses back. I blush slightly as I looked ahead to Astrid and scratched the back of my neck.

"A-are you ready to go?" I ask, stuttering nervously.

She smiles at me and nods. "Yes."

I smile and walk over to the counter to grab the basket and blanket before walking forward toward the door. Before she had a chance to grab the handle, I grab it myself and open it for her. I hear a soft giggle escape her soft lips as she thanks me and steps out. I follow after her once Toothless also exited the house and closed the door behind us all.

Once outside, I walk over to Toothless and securely attach the basket and blanket to his saddle. He gurgles happy as he gets some attention from Astrid in the meantime. When I'm done, I hold my hand out for Astrid. She takes it with a kind smile and I guide her toward Toothless's back. I help her get on before getting on myself and giving Toothless a pat, letting him know we're ready.

He shows us his gummy smile before leaping out into the setting sky. Astrid wraps her arms around my waist to keep her self from falling off. I smile at her movement knowing that she didn't need to hold onto me anymore. She's been on rides with Toothless and I so many times that she is able to stay on when he takes off, but yet she still chooses to hold onto me every time.

I smile at the feeling of her arms around me and wish for this to never end. My feelings for Astrid have grown so much this past month that I don't even know what to do with myself when she's around. If I could just sit next to her and listen to her speak all day or even have long flights like this; then I'd be happy. Very happy.

When Elsa asked me if Astrid could stay with me for awhile, I didn't even hesitate when I gave her my answer. I was a bit embarrassed about how quickly the word 'yes' escaped my lips but the Queen only burst with joy. I was surprised at her reaction but quickly pushed it to the side knowing I'd get to spend more time with Astrid. Her ability to trust me with protecting her sister made me almost jump with pride. Knowing I'd be able to protect the person I cared deeply about filled me with satisfaction. It also gave me joy when I found out Astrid was okay staying with me and Toothless.

I swear I've never felt this honored and happy in my life. Honestly I can't keep myself from grinning ear to ear as I thought back on everything. I plan to take my time with her to get to know everything I haven't learned yet. Granted I already know quite a bit, but I don't know everything. I've found Astrid to be a very interesting person, and knowing her favorite color or activity is just scratching the surface.

As soon as we land at the cliff I spotted on an earlier flight with Toothless, I hop off and hold my hand out for Astrid. She takes it gently and allows me to help her down. She thanks me for being a gentleman before turning her attention toward the setting sun in the distance. I watch her for a moment before grabbing the blanket and basket from Toothless's back. I give him a pat and let him wander around as I lay the blanket down on clear land with no sticks or rocks. When I'm done, I look up at Astrid to see her still staring at the view.

I know I've already said this multiple times already, but she is beautiful. I'm lucky enough that I had the chance to meet her and wake her from her slumber. I think at the end of the day, I'd have to thank my father for getting me the tickets. If it wasn't for him, I don't think I would've met such a wonderful human being.

With a smile on my face, I get up and walk over to Astrid and stand next to her. I take a moment to look at her beautiful face before turning my attention toward the view. We stand there in some silence before I hear her speak up.

"It's beautiful."

I smile and nervously bite my lower lip. "It is... just like you." I turn my attention toward her to see pink spreading into her cheeks.

She tilts her head forward which causes some of her blonde hair to fall over the beautiful view. I watch as she takes her hand and guides the hair back behind her hair. She eventually lifts her gaze to mine, allowing me to take in the view of her gorgeous smile. The view of her smile takes my breath away just like everything else about her.

We stay there quiet for a few moments in complete comfortable silence before I decide to break it. "Should we eat?" I ask.

She smiles and nods before taking my arm, allowing me to guide her the small distance to the blanket. When we get there, I help her take a seat before taking my own and pulling out our dinner for the night. I pull out the dishes as well as the food and set it down to the side before moving the basket toward the edge of the blanket.

"This all looks so good." She says as she eyes it all.

I chuckle a bit. "Well.. I hope so. I know it's not what your used to but I thought it wouldn't be a picnic without the proper picnic food."

She looks up to me with curiosity in her blue eyes. "Proper picnic food? There's certain food for a picnic?"

"Well, where I'm from, when we go out for a picnic, we usually pack sandwiches and fruit. Nothing that needs heating." I explain. "It makes it easier to just enjoy the time instead of focusing on how your going to heat your food."

"That sounds smart." She says as she takes in the information. "But don't you have dragons?"

I shake my head. "No, we don't have dragons in our land. At first I thought they were just a fairytale creature or a myth until I came here. I never knew dragons existed. From what I've seen, they only exist on your island."

"Really?" She looks at me surprised.

I nod before responding. "I don't think they'd be able to live in our modern world anyways. There aren't as many trees and lakes for them to venture to. Plus each town is filled with people wanting to build more and more buildings and roads."

"So, this modern world is where you come from?" She asks as I start to serve the two of us.

"Yes, I've lived there my entire life. It's much different than here." I say.

"How different?" She looks at me curiously.

I take a moment to think before responding. "Quite different. We have motor vehicles that are run on gasoline, we don't have dragons sadly but we do have a variety of other pets. We also have technology which allows us to create many different things."

"Interesting. I'd like to hear about these technologies you have. That is if you don't mind telling me." She smiles shyly.

"I'd be happy to tell you."

~~Later~~

For the next hour, we eat our food and talk with one another about the modern world in which I come from. She seems fascinated by everything I tell her and asks for me to show it to her one day. I happily agree knowing it would be a chance to show her where I come from. Even if it's all just a plane ride away, I have to remember I'm just on an island that hasn't developed yet. The entire time I've been here, I've felt like I was in the ancient world. I keep forgetting that it was the 21st century.

"So what are the things you like to do for fun in your time? I'm sure there's more to do." Astrid sits next to me on the blanket while I lean on my side.

"Well, there's many different things that you can do. They have movie theatres which show live action portraits in action. There's also a mall which has a variety of stores. My sister's personally enjoy going there. It's one of their favorite places. We also have a library for the readers and a variety of different games for people like Jack to play." I tell her.

"What do you personally like to do for fun?" She asks.

I take a deep breath as I think of all the things I do. "Well, I do a lot of sketching when I'm bored as well as write some songs. I also read plenty of books about random things."

"You write songs?" She asks surprised. When I look to her I can tell how shocked she was when I nodded my head 'yes'. "Do you sing them at all?"

I nod shyly. "Yeah.. I do. My friends and I had a band while we were all in high school. We would sing at all kinds of events."

"Will you sing something for me?" She asks nervously.

I look into her eyes to see her hoping for me to say yes. If it was anyone else, I would probably tell them no; but since it's Astrid, the only thing I can say is yes.

She squeals excitedly and claps her hands like a little kid. The action makes me laugh as I sit up and figure out what song I should sing.

Once I decide on the song I'm going to sing, I take a deep breath before closing my eyes and singing.

Now Playing Perfect (Acoustic Version) By Ed Sheeran

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

When I was finished with the first part, I stood up and held out my hand for Astrid. She took it and allowed me to pull her up to her feet and guide her away from the picnic area.

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

I gently pulled her close to me and placed a hand on her waist while the other continued to hold onto her hand. I looked down at her as I continued to sing as we started to sway from side to side.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fightin' against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

I give her a little spin before pulling her close to me again and swaying from side to side.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listenin' to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

I gave her another slow spin as we danced in the open field. When I looked back down into her eyes, I could tell she was feeling the same thing I was.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
No, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

The two of us slowly stopped swaying when I came to the end of the song. We both looked at one another, neither one of us speaking. I let my eyes wander down to her lips and tried to push the growing urge down but couldn't seem to do it much longer. I slowly closed my eyes as I leaned in. I could feel her getting closer and before I knew it, my lips met with hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!

I really hope you enjoyed this romantic chapter of Hiccup and Astrid! I certainly had so much fun writing it! I wanted to put a song into the piece as well as a small dance scene that allowed them to met for such a wonderful moment! I hope you didn't think it was too romantic, I was enjoying myself too much when I wrote this piece. I was even smiling at all the romantic moments.

Anyways, besides all that, let's ask some questions.

1. What did you think of Hiccup singing?

2. Do you think Astrid will get the chance to see the modern world?

3. Did you see a kiss at the end?

4. What do you want to see in the next chapter?

5. What do you think/want is/for the next step for our couple?

6. Was it good or bad?

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow if you haven't already! Remember if you have any ideas, please go ahead and tell me! If I end up using your idea, I will give you credit!

I just also want to put a reminder out there about the upcoming contest for my new story! Go check out Hiccstrid Contests for more details!

I love you all and thank you!!

~~HeavensAngels_😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 1.2K 27
I'm Astrid Hofferson. An ordinary teenage girl who has no interest in love and wears glasses. But has that changed? This is the story of my life in h...
16.8K 221 13
Astrid goes to a party and gets drunk and mistake sleep with Snotlout who is always flirting with her. once Hiccup finds out he fall down a deep dark...
19K 436 11
Hiccup has been in coma after a devastating act of hanging himself. Astrid is worried that He might not wake up until now. July 6th, 2019 Final Chapt...
3.4K 70 26
When a young Hayden gets cheated on by Astrid while at basic training, he throws himself into his work silently suffering for years. Upon sustaining...