Falling For You (AkaashiXRead...

By steph_703

Y/N l/N has always been the quiet kid in school. She was never one to go out of her comfort zone. While atte... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Author's Note!
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Author's Note!
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.

Chapter Ten.

20.6K 628 1.7K
By steph_703

You woke up the next morning with nothing but smiles as you remembered the guys last night.

Bokuto lost every single game he played against you and so did Akaashi, although they were both getting better.

You smiled to yourself because you felt happy. Who knew that those two boys could cause so much happiness.
You'd never tell them though, that'd be too embarrassing.

But your happiness was ruined when you realized that you have to go to school today.
Today you would have to see Sara.

You checked your phone to realize that you woke up an hour before your alarm.

Well...at least I had a pretty decent sleep..

Your phone had two new messages.

One from Kuroo and one from an instagram user.

You opened Kuroos first.

Kuroo: hey :) just saying good night, I hope tomorrow goes smooth for ya. Don't be afraid to text me or call at lunch. I'm always here for you. Oh and btw.. Nice on getting closer with Akaashi! Before you know it he'll be yours😉😉

You rolled your eyes at his message, but it had also made you blush.

You logged into Instagram to see who had messaged you.
You always kept yourself logged out as your anxiety of hackers.. It was a superstition thing.

You have one new message request.

Your heart started to beat fast as you saw who the messenger was...

Sara?...

You hesitated to open her message, afraid of what she said.

You took a deep breath and finally opened it.

Sara.girl💖: You little bi**h! You told the principle that I was bullying you? How pathetic!
What? Couldn't stand up for yourself?
Of course not four eyes!
You're pathetic and ugly! No one will love you or care for you? You think Akaashi and Bokuto do? Think again love. They only like you cause they feel sorry for you. How sad😭
You're lucky that I didn't get suspended but I'd watch out if I were you...you thought I was bullying you then? Oh honey you have no idea of what I'm capable of. 😉💕💕😘

You immediately turned off your phone, shaking in your sheets.
Your vision became blurry as tears started to swell your eyes.

Do I keep this to myself? No.. I should tell someone... No wait that'd just cause more problems.. God what the hell did I do to her?
Wait..
Only my friends cause they feel sorry for me?
Is that true?
I mean probably.. But.. Oh God I'm such an emotional wreck! No one wants to be with a girl who's like this!!!!

Your head raced with thoughts as you had zoned out.
Letting the tears of anger, sadness and pain run down your face.

You heard a soft knock at your door.

"Y/n? Are you awake hun?" You hear your aunt say behind your door.

You didn't want her seeing you like this.
"Yes, I'm just changing right now! I'll be down in a second."

Did I zone out for that long?

As if on cue, your phone started playing its annoying high pitch melody.

You turned it off and got out of bed. When you stood up you became really dizzy.

Okay y/n.. Hey a hold of yourself.. You can do this. It's just words right? What possibly can she do?

You shook your head as you got dress in your uniform and went downstairs to be greeted by your aunt.
She had coffee ready for you as well.

"Good morning hun, how'd you sleep?"

"Better than usual actually..sorry about the mess..can I clean up after school?"

"Of course, I don't mind, I'm just glad you made new friends...now who are they exactly?"

"Oh um..they're Bokuto and Akaashi... They're on the boys volleyball team I manage."
You sit down and start drinking your coffee.

"Awe that's good, are they cute?" She smirks.

You blush at her question.
"Aunt.. - - oh my... I mean...im not having that conversation.."

She starts to laugh at you.
"I'm just teasing...but on a more serious note..your principle called me yesterday, said you were excused from school, why's that?"

You hesitate before you answered.
"Oh um..well..i told them about Sara. You know the one who's been bullying me.."

She clicked her tongue. "That nasty Sara...well good for you for actually going for help.. I know that must not of been easy dear but I'm proud of you."

You half smiled. "Thank you..."

"So did she have something to do with that bandage on your chin?" She points.

"Oh um..n-no..i just fell again.. Hit it pretty hard..." You lied.

"Well let's get a new one on ya. It's good to keep them sterilized." She takes your hand and leads you into the bathroom.
Grabbing her first aid kit and putting on a new white bandage.
It hurt when she pulled it off, pulling the scab right off.

"There...hmm that must of been one nasty fall you took.." She looked at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Um yeah...I'm sorry but I should probably get to school now.."

"Hmm okay...stay safe. Do you have practice today?"

"Yeah..."

"okay I'll have dinner ready for you when you get home. But you're on dish duty since you left my living room a mess." She smiled.

"Okay deal.. I'm sorry again."

"Don't be.. Hey actually do you want a ride? I don't mind."

"Oh okay sure.. Thank you."

"Of cour-"

There was a knock at the door.

"Who could that be?" Your aunt asked, walking to the front door.

When she opened it you peered over her shoulder, since you were a bit taller than she was.

"Akaashi??" You ask.

"Ohh so this is Akaashi..why hello there! Please come in!"

"Sorry to interfere, I was just wondering if y/n wanted to walk to school today with me."

You looked at his shocked and yet you still blushed. Oh how you were so annoyed with how much you blushed around him.

"Oh well, I was actually gonna drive her today, but since you're already here, I'll drive you too." Your aunt smiles to the raven haired boy.
"Would you like some coffee??"

"Oh no I'm okay thank you." He says with politeness then made eye contact with you.
"You okay?" He mouthed.

You shook your head yes and tried to give him a smile.

"So..Akatashi?"

"Its Akaashi."

"I'm sorry.. Akaashi, my niece here says that you play on the boys volleyball team."

"Yes ma'am, I play setter."

"That's cool, you know when I was in highschool I also played volleyball, though I wasn't that good actually---" She turned into the kitchen as she kept talking. You went and stood next to Akaashi.

"Sorry about her...shes very talkative..."

"Its okay.. I don't mind." He smiled.

"So that's how I got the nickname bench warmer--are we ready to go?" She asked cutting off her own sentence.

That always made you laugh when she does it.

"Ready." You smile.

✨✨✨

"Have a good day you two! And it was nice meeting you Akaashi!!" Your aunt yelled.

"Nice meeting you too!" He yelled back with a smile.
He turned away and started walking.

"Y/n!!"
You turned to your aunt.
She had mouthed: He's cute with a wink.

You looked at her shocked and got red in the face.. Yet again.

"Coming?" Akaashi says, making you jump.

You ran up beside him.

~BUZZ~

1 new message from Sara.girl💖

Your heart skipped a beat as you opened her message.

Sara.girl💖: You look pretty ugly with that bandage on your face, But that justs mean I did my job right😘
Maybe if I pushed you harder, the fall would make you prettier..oh wait no.. Like that'll ever happen! 😂😂
See you in class💕💕

Your heart berated faster and faster as you kept reading the message over and over.

"You okay?" you hear Akaashi ask.
His words made you suddenly shove your phone in your pocket.
You gave him a fake smile.

"Yeah I'm okay."

He gave you a weird look and the two of you walked into the school.

Should I tell him? But what if he makes me go back to the principle.. Now that would make things wayyyy worse.. Gosh.. I feel like I'm gonna puke.

A/N!!!
Hey y'all so you enjoying the story so far! I'm having a lot of fun!!! Also super happy cause my Akaashi outfit came in the mail as I was writing this chapter!!!!
Thanks for the reads and love so far!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.8K 17
In which you join Fukurodani's infamous volleyball club as their manager and soon you find yourself falling for their setter's charm. ♡ WARNING: Mang...
126K 4.1K 58
Akari Ukai promised herself she was to never play volleyball again. Yet when her older brother Keishin Ukai injures himself, she must take the respon...
181 17 10
Y/n goes to Fukurodani and she's friends with a lot of the second years, but she never has time to hang out. They don't know about her talent in figu...
16.4K 632 20
Extreme social anxiety has made your school life rather boring... simply trying to say hello to a classmate has proved next to impossible. no matter...