My Fortunate Event (Klaus Bau...

GeekOfLife द्वारा

Klaus Baudelaire and his sisters had felt all alone in the world. Until they met a mysterious girl living in... अधिक

The Painful Prologue
The Bad Beginning Part 1
The Bad Beginning Part 2
The Reptile Room Part 1
The Reptile Room Part 2
The Wide Window Part 1
The Wide Window Part 2
The Miserable Mill Part 1
The Miserable Mill Part 2
The Austere Academy Part 1 (Featuring Pentatonix)
Austere Academy Part 2 (Featuring Pentatonix)
The Ersatz Elevator Part One
The Ersatz Elevator Part Two
The Vile Village Part 1
The Vile Village Part 2
The Hostile Hospital Part 1
The Hostile Hospital Part 2
The Carnivorous Carnival Part 1(Y/N's Perspective) (TGS Crossover...Kind of...)
The Carnivorous Carnival Part 2 (TGS Crossover...Kind of...)
The Slippery Slope Part 1
The Slippery Slope Part 2
The Grim Grotto Part 1
The Grim Grotto Part 2
The Penultimate Peril Part 1
The Penultimate Peril Part 2
The End...
First Week(Short Introduction to Island Life)
End of Month 1: Swimming Lessons
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL CHAPTER!!! (REUPLOAD)
Thanksgiving Chapter Special!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Decision Day (Last Chapter)
I MADE THE SEQUAL

Three Months: Defensive of Beatrice

1.9K 49 36
GeekOfLife द्वारा

It's been three months on the island and The Baudelaires, my brother and I have started to get used to life on the island. Violet has finished all of her inventions that help her take care of Beatrice. She finished the crib last month and made a mechanism that rocks the cradle so we don't have to do it ourselves, which all helps us get a good night's sleep. Violet also made a stroller that works on the sand so we can take her on walks around the island just to get out of the arboretum. 

Even though I trust the Baudelaires with Beatrice's life, I feel as if I should be the one to take care of her because she is the only blood family Charlie and I have left besides Uncle Lemony who I am sure we will never be able to find since he is on the lam. And since I am the oldest one of my family left, I feel like I have to watch over and protect not just Charlie, but Beatrice as well. I haven't felt this way before, but since Beatrice is three months now and feels more familiar with me, I feel like I have the stronger connection with her. I feel like I created the motherly bond between Beatrice and I and Beatrice thinks of me like I'm her mother. I know I am only thirteen now, but soon I'll be fourteen when we're finally able to leave the island and make a living on our own much better than we have here. I have a piece of Kit inside of my heart, which holds the love I have for Beatrice. Sure, the Baudelaires love her too, but I don't think they understand the strong connection I feel since they didn't have that sort of connection with Kit like I did. 
Everyday in Beatrice's eyes, I see her. Not just my aunt Kit, but my mother. I mean, yeah Kit named Beatrice after their mother, but I feel Beatrice has more potential then living up to a name and the reputation of the name. 

And ever since Beatrice has been learning to sit up on her own, the two eldest Baudelaires have been using that as an advantage. I barely have any time with Beatrice becasue Klaus and Violet take her to teach her things about their hobbies. I've been paying very close attention to the way the Baudelaires treat Beatrice and it all lines up to the same thing. 
With Violet, she tells her stories about her mother, which is sweet and I love listening to them too, but the stories all end with the same one line. "And one day, you'll grow up to be just like her,"
With Klaus, he reads her all of his mother's favorites. I love Klaus with all my heart, but he's also in the mindset that Beatrice will grow up to be just like his mother. Every time he closes a book he says: "Once you learn to read, you'll love it just as much as she did."
And with Sunny, the only thing she does is show Beatrice her dishes and says "It was my mom's favorite," and doesn't say anything that makes it relate to Beatrice. And I commend her for that. 
But, one day, things went a little too far. 

We were all in the arboretum on a rainy day. Klaus was reading, Sunny was washing dishes, Charlie was drawing, Violet was working on a new invention, I was writing, and Beatrice was taking a nap. 
Beatrice was mostly calm during storms, but there was a loud boom of thunder that scared her awake. Beatrice started crying and Violet, Klaus and I quickly approached her cradle. 
"That's weird. Thunder has never scared her before," said Violet.
"It's also a bigger storm than usual and the thunder was a little louder than usual," 
"I know what can cheer her up. I have a new invention she can try out," said Violet. 
"Violet, I think a story would be a little more appropriate for a storm," 
"Guys..." I interjected. 
"But, mother always liked testing inventions during a storm," said Violet. 
"But, mother always read books to us during a storm," 
"Guys--"
"Klaus, Beatrice wouldn't be able to hear you over the storm since it's louder than usual."
"Violet, Beatrice would be too tired to test out an invention which is why reading is more calming than testing a loud invention,"
"Klaus it's not a loud invention. I just added a motor to the curtain rail and I wanted Beatrice to pull the rope connected to the motor. I think she'd like it," Violet argued. 
" Yeah, well I think she'd prefer to read the next chapter of  Moby Dick," Klaus argued. 
Violet and Klaus were still arguing and I couldn't take it anymore. I hated how they always compared Beatrice to their mom, which I found unfair and not right at all. So, while they were still arguing I picked up Beatrice, grabbed an umbrella and left the arboretum. 

Klaus's POV

Violet and I were still arguing over who was going to take Beatrice until Sunny and Charlie got our attention. 
"Stop arguing!" they yelled in unison. Violet and I stopped and looked at the two toddlers. They both had their arms crossed looking at us with disappointment, shaking their heads like we were two toddlers who did something wrong. 
"Beatrice and Y/N are gone," said Charlie. Violet and I exchanged looks before looking back down on the cradle to see nothing there and also noticed Y/N wasn't here either. We immediately looked at the umbrella basket and saw one missing. Violet and I exchanged looks and realized we messed up. We were too busy arguing to actually worry about who was going to calm Beatrice. 
"Should we go after her?" Violet asked. 
"Of course we should go after her. It's a strong storm and it's not safe out there by themselves. 

Violet and I grabbed umbrellas and left the arboretum, leaving Sunny and Charlie inside. 
"Where do you think she went?" Violet asked over the sound of the loud rain,
"Probably somewhere with shelter," I replied. 
We walked through the cave to the other side of the island and found the tents. 
"Now the question is, which one is she in?" said Violet. 
"I have a guess," I said. I pointed to the tent where Kit gave birth and died. Violet and exchanged looks and nodded. We approached the tent and saw a little light with a silhouette of Y/N holding Beatrice with her arms, cradling her in her arms on the ground, rocking her back and forth. Violet was about to open the curtain, but I stopped her. The sound of the rain stopped and I could hear her voice. She was crying. But, she was also talking to Beatrice. Her voice even in sorrow was angelic even when she was only talking.  

"Oh Beatrice. I wish parenting was easier. I wish it wasn't so hard. I wish Klaus and Violet can stop seeing you as their mother and start seeing you as you. Not what they expect you to be. I don't know if they realize that what they're doing is wrong, but I do. Every time they compare their mom to you, I feel angry. I feel like they're trying to recreate their mother in you just because you carry her name. Of course, your mother did very well in naming you, but the Baudelaires are abusing the name onto you and that isn't right. I wouldn't force hobbies onto you. I'd let you develop your own as you grow and support you all the way through. That's what your mother would've done. And that's what Beatrice the first did with her children. And what my mother did with me and Charlie. And that's what I want for you. I want you to learn to like things on your own. Not for it to be forced upon you. And I will make sure you're never left in the dark on a stormy night, waiting for someone to rescue you because I will always be there no matter what. I will support you through the choices you make as long as it makes you happy. I don't want you growing up the way the Baudelaires, Charlie and I did. You deserve better and you're going to get better. I promise you. Always. You will never be alone. Or feel the feeling of being alone."

Violet and I exchanged guilty looks. We nodded to each other and walked inside. Y/N didn't even move when Violet and I walked in. Not even to turn around to make sure it was us. In fact, she knew it was us. 
"I knew you guys were outside," she said with a sniffle. 
"Y/N, we're so sorry about the way we've been treating Beatrice. You were right. It's not fair to abuse the name given to her and forcing all these hobbies on her," said Violet. 
"Yeah, and we promise not to force any more on her and to let her have hobbies on her own,' I said.
"Oh, it's not just that," said Y/N. "Ever since Beatrice has gotten a little older, I've barely had any time with her because she's either watching Violet build something or reading with you," Y/N told me. "I can't even sing to her at night anymore because she falls asleep as soon as Violet turns on the rocking mechanism for her cradle. I've been starting to feel like the lesser role in Beatrice's life when I am her family by blood. I should have every right to care for her as you do," 
"You're more than right about that, Y/N. We're really sorry we've been taking that away from you. You are her family after all," said Violet. "It's just hard to believe we haven't caught our mistakes and fixed them like we usually do."
"We've caught them now and we promise to not get ahead of ourselves ever again," I said. 
"I trust that promise," Y/N said with a sniffle. "Let's work together always on raising Beatrice like we promised Kit, okay?" Y/N stood up with Beatrice still laying in her arms. She was still crying, but not as loudly. 
"Of course," Violet and I said in unison. 
"Should we head back to the arboretum?" I asked. Y/N nodded. "Yeah, we should probably get her some place quieter so I can lull her back to sleep," Y/N said. 

I exited the tent and opened Y/N's umbrella for her while Violet opened hers. I kept my umbrella closed in the other hand and shared it with Y/N. She and I exchanged smiles as we headed back towards the arboretum. 
Once we got back, Sunny and Charlie were busy with dinner. 
"About time," Sunny said, shaking her head as she started chopping some herbs. 
Y/N went over to the couch and sat down. Beatrice was still fussing in her arms. Violet and I sat on the oppisite sides of her. 
"What song are you going to sing to her?" I asked. 
"There's one my mother sang to me. It always reminded me that no matter what happened. No matter what situation I was in. No matter where I was. I would never be alone. And I want Beatrice to know that she'll never be alone. Not even in her darkest days."

Y/N's POV

Once upon a time and long ago
 I heard someone singing
Soft and low
Now when day is done
And night is near
I recall this song I used to hear
My child, my very own,
Don't be afraid, you're not alone
Sleep until the dawn
For all is well
Long ago this song was sung to me
Now it's just a distant melody
Somewhere from the past I used to know
Once upon a timeAnd long ago...

Singing the song for the first time in years, made me think of my mother's voice. How soulful, beautiful, and soothing it was. The memory of my mother made my eyes water. I missed her so much and the song brought back so many memories. It brought back so many memories that I even heard her voice sing along with me as I sang the verse again.

My child, my very own,
Don't be afraid, you're not alone
Sleep until the dawn
For all is well
Long ago this song was sung to me
Now it's just a distant melody
Somewhere from the past I used to know
Once upon a time And long ago...

Beatrice was now sound asleep in my arms. 
"That was beautiful, Y/N," said Klaus. 
"Your singing worked like a charm. Like it always does. Are you going to put her back in her crib?" asked Violet. 
"No. I kinda miss the feeling of her sleeping in my arms," I replied with a smile. 
"Okay. I'm gonna go help out Sunny and Charlie," Violet stood up slowly so the sudden movement wouldn't wake Beatrice. Klaus stayed and scooted closer beside me. I laid me head on his shoulder. 
"Do you want me to grab Moby Dick and read it to you?" he asked. I nodded. He carefully got up and went to the bookshelf. He came back with the book and sat back down beside me. I made eyes contact with his dazzling brown eyes and as if he read my mind, he leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips. 
"Get a room," Charlie whispered. Klaus and I chuckled as we broke the kiss. 
I laid my head back on his shoulder and Klaus opened the book as he started reading the next chapter of Moby Dick. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

48.6K 792 30
We all know the story of the Baudalaire orphans, but what if there was someone else also intertwined into their story without realizing it? This is t...
636 33 8
What if Olaf had a child living with him already ? This is the story of Adelphi, as she's torn away from her menial life because her father is insis...
12.6K 234 17
quigley quagmire x fem oc - "She's not a bad kid." - Each of the Baudelaires had their own gift and all seemed to be useful. Violet, the eldest, coul...
1K 43 35
Xalia Squalor is exactly who she wants to be. She's pretty, she's rich, and she is famous. But there is one small thing. She doesn't have a full tea...