Guardians of the Galaxy: In A...

Від Captain_Black_Magic

"Sometimes I look up to the stars and think someone will come rescue me." "Maybe they already have." Book 1 o... Більше

Guardians of the Galaxy
1.00 Playlist
1.02 Come and Get Your Love
1.03 Xandar
1.04 Hooked On a Feeling
1.05 The Kyln

1.01 Jendell

335 13 1
Від Captain_Black_Magic

The planet of Jendell was a relatively small, yet beautiful one. From its vibrant and colorful town to its lush meadows and farms. It provided a sense of calmness and serenity to its local residents and those in need.

The planet's King, Tobias, and his wife, Sarskia were beloved by all. Their daughter, Thea, was adored even more by the people. The small, orange skinned, rainbow haired girl with the white facial markings was a symbol of nature and peacefulness to those all around her. For not only had she inherited the Avalonia family ability to shape shift, but she could control the elements and grow vines.

When Tobias and Sarskia learned of their daughter's powers, they had instructed their Kissterian guards, the Fox and Ankh Warrior, to watch over her until she was of age to have her own Kissterian guards.

Kissteria was the moon that revolved around Jendell. The Kissterians were tall people who wore black and silver uniforms. All of them had dark hair and some variety of white, black, and silver facial markings that gave them their name. It's people had guarded centuries of the Avalonian Royal Family, becoming a trusted friend and ally to the family.

Thea sat in the garden, having a tea party with her Uncle Ace. The Fox and Ankh Warrior stood not too far away from the two.

Thea set her cup down and looked at her uncle, "When do you think Mama is going to have the baby?"

Ace shrugged, "I don't know, Rosie. Whenever she gets here. I don't think it'll be much longer now."

"Do you know what her name is going to be?" Thea asked.

"So you know it's a girl?" Thea nodded. A wide smile appeared on Ace's face, "Ah, you're such a smart cookie. Did you know that?"

Thea nodded again, "Daddy tells me all the time."

Ace cackled, which caused Thea to giggle. One of her favorite things about her uncle was his cackle. She could hear it from miles away and it always made her feel better.

"Of course he did. Now back on the subject of little sisters. What do you want her name to be?"

"Ashla. It sounds pretty and it reminds me of the pretty trees in the forest."

"Of course it does, twig. It is a pretty name though." Ace commented.

"Do you have any suggestions?" Thea asked him.

"That's for your mama and papa to decide. I'm happy with whatever they choose."

"Do you like my name?"

"Of course I like your name. I love your name. It's precious, just like you." Ace booped her nose, causing her to wrinkle it and giggle.

Thea looked over at the Fox. He was her favorite of her father's guards, occasionally joining her and her uncle Ace in their activities.

"Foxy, can you come play with us?"

The Fox looked at the Ankh Warrior, pleading with him to watch his post for him. The Ankh Warrior rolled his eyes, knowing that the Fox could never say no to the princess's pleas.

The Fox looked at Thea, smiling, "Of course, your majesty."

"Yay!" Thea cheered.

"I'll just place out another plate." Ace pulled a dish and cup out of the basket behind him, "Any snacks?"

The Fox sat beside Thea, "You need a cookie. Uncle Ace makes the best cookies." Thea told him.

The Fox couldn't help but laugh, "In all the years I've know you, how come I never knew you baked?"

Ace held his fingers over his lips, "That's my secret. Don't you dare tell anyone." Thea giggled.

"Your secret's safe with me?" The Fox replied.

Sarskia was on bed rest until the baby was born. She hated being trapped in her room, not being able to spend time with her daughter and her husband.

A knock came at the door, "Come in." She called.

Opening the door came the fluffy, dirty blonde hair of Tobias. Sarskia smiled, "Hello, my love." He made his way over to the bed, taking a seat beside her, "How are you feeling?"

"Terrible. My feet hurt." Tobias left out a chuckle, "Where's Thea?"

"She is out in the garden having tea time with my brother." Tobias told her. Thea had been having a really rough time not being able to play or truly see her mother.

"I assume she is having the most splendid time."

"Oh, you know she is. He is indeed her favorite person in this entire castle." Tobias commented.

Sarskia reached for his hand and squeezed, "Definitely not more than you, my love. He's her second favorite."

Tobias sighed, laying down beside his wife, "I hate not being able to spend as much time with her. I just constantly worry about you and..."

"She understands. She enjoys spending time with him. And she's excited to meet her sister. It's all she talks about when she comes to see me."

"I know."

"Speaking of the baby, what are we thinking of naming her? Thea told me she wants to name the baby Ashla after the trees in the forest."

Tobias let out a hearty laugh, "Of course she does. I was thinking maybe Mina. We already have our little goddess, so why not our little love?"

"I like that. How about Cosmina? Our little star and our little sky."

Tobias kissed his wife's forehead, "It's perfect."

Later that night, Tobias told Thea a story about the battle of Kissteria.

"And the Starchild, Demon, Spaceman, and Catman helped lock the Destroyer away for good." Tobias finished.

"Papa, will I ever get to visit Kissteria?"

"I myself have never been there, but maybe you will." Tobias kissed her forehead, "Now get some sleep."

"No." Thea threw herself on top of him, "I want to cuddle."

Tobias chuckled, knowing he couldn't tell her no, "Alright, alright."

Thea curled herself into her father's side, her head in the crook of his neck, "Papa, do you think that maybe the Starchild, Demon, Spaceman, or Catman could be my Kissterian guard?"

"Maybe. Every Avalonian has had two. Two of them could be your guards and two of them could be your sister's."

"Why doesn't Mama have any guards?"

"Because she wasn't born in the palace. Mama and Papa share the guards."

"Then why do they follow me and keep watch of me instead of you and Mama?"

"Because you are very special and Mama and Papa want to keep you safe. The Jendellian guards do a good job of keeping Mama safe right now and Papa is always watching her."

"Am I special, Papa?"

"You are. You have a gift no other Avalonian has even had. I can shape shift like you, but I can't control nature. That's special to just you."

"But why?"

"I don't know, lovie. But that's enough questions for tonight." He kissed her cheek, "Go to sleep."

Tobias had eventually made it out of Thea's room and to his own room for the night. The next morning, the alarms around the castle began to blare.

Tobias shot out of bed in a panic. Guards burst through the door, startling Sarskia awake. She sat up, staring at the guards.

"Sire, an unknown ship has entered the atmosphere. We're assuming it's hostiles." One of the guards informed, "Reports have indicated several other ships have been firing in the valley and forest. They're headed towards the city."

"Where is Thea?" Tobias asked.

"The Fox and Ankh Warrior are with her as we speak and taking her to the safe room." The guard told him.

"One of you take Sarskia with you." Tobias instructed.

A guard quickly went to the pregnant woman and helped her out of the bed, "But Tobias..."

"I'll come get you when everything is safe." He kissed her, "I promise. I love you."

"I love you too." Sarskia began crying as she got out of the bed and headed out.

"Keep our little girl safe."

"What are we to do, your highness?"

"Form a perimeter around the city's gates. Also build a perimeter around the palace. If they so much as step foot here, they will have to get through me." Tobias told the guard.

Thea clung to her Uncle Ace when he had entered the safe room. She cried profusely into his chest.

"I want Papa! Where's Mama? I want Mama!" She wailed.

Ace tried his best to console her, "I know, Rosie, I know. I'm sure your mama is on her way now."

"But-but what about Papa?"

"Your papa has to protect his people. He has to protect you."

Moments later, the safe room door burst open, causing both Ace and Thea to jump.  They looked up to see Sarskia in tears. Thea pulled herself out of Ace's arms and into her mother's arms.

"Mama!" She cried.

"Oh, my baby!" She kissed her forehead repeatedly, running her orange fingers through the little girl's rainbow hair.

"I'm scared." She whimpered.

"I know, baby." Sarskia kissed her cheek, "I know."

Ace moved over to them and pulled them in a tight hug. He wanted nothing more than to keep his family safe.

Tobias stood behind the line of guards at the foot of the palace. He flinched as he heard people scream and cry. Whomever invaded the planet had brought quite a bit of help with him. A knot formed in his stomach, fearing whoever invaded the planet was after something specific.

The guards began to pack in tightly as whoever was coming drew in closer.

"Move." Was the voice Tobias heard before a number of guards were thrown back. In front of him stood a large purple man, "Where is she?"

"Who are you and what do you want?" Tobias asked, "There is nothing here for you."

The purple titan of a man laughed, "Oh, but there is. I know about your travels, Tobias. You have a child with immense power. Hand her over.

"You will not lay a hand on my daughter." Tobias sneered.

The titan shrugged, "Fine then." He order one of his men to bring forward a citizen. He then nodded and the man stabbed the citizen through the chest. The citizen fell to the ground, revealing his true Skrull form, "You provide a safe haven for Skrulls. Such filth they are. Hand over your daughter and not another Skrull dies under your rule."

"No." Tobias stood his ground, "You will leave. Now. I don't negotiate with killers."

"Fine." He directed his men towards the palace.

Tobias transformed himself into an elephant and stampeded towards the man. He then transformed back into himself, "Get off my planet."

The titan smirked, throwing Tobias off of him. Tobias then transformed into a grizzly bear, running at the titan and clawing him in the back. The titan swung around, clobbering Tobias in the face. Tobias fell back, readjusted himself before leaping towards the man, latching his sharp jaws onto the titan's arm.

The titan cried out in pain, grabbing Tobias by the neck, throwing him into the moat around the palace. The titan wiped the blood off his arm and stormed towards the castle.

Tobias, soaking wet in the moat, transformed back into himself and swam towards the shore. As he stood up, he looked around to see the death and destruction around him. The city was in flames, a mass of Skrulls and Jendellians laid dead on the streets.

Sorrow filled his chest. It was all his fault. He didn't want his people dead, but he wasn't willing to give up his daughter.

A child-like scream broke Tobias from his haze, "Thea!"

"Please!" Sarskia cried, trying to pull away from the men that held her back, "Leave her alone!"

Outside the safe room, the Fox and Ankh Warrior lied dead. Ace laid unconscious on the floor beside Sarskia.

"Unfortunately, your Majesty, this girl," the titan ceressed his finger across the young girl's cheek, causing her to quiver, "is of extreme importance to me."

"What do you want with her?" Sarskia balled, "She's only a child!"

"Mama!" Thea whimpered.

"But she has so much potential." The titan turned his attention away from the girl to the queen, "The universe has given her a great gift. Tell me, is she your child?"

"Yes." Sarskia answered, her face covered in tears.

"Really? Because what I've heard, this is your first child." Looking at Sarskia's stomach.

"How do you..."

"Silence." The titan cut her off, "I've already killed her true mother in attempt to find the child. Left another child with only a father, who lives in agony of his loss. And now I've found her." He turned back to Thea, gripping her arms and pulling her along with him.

Thea struggled to free herself from his grasp, "NO! STOP! LET ME GO!" She screamed.

"THEA!" Sarskia whaled.

"Kill her." The titan nodded towards the disheveled queen.

"No. No!" Sarskia fought against the titan's men.

"Stop!" Tobias ran into the ran, standing in front of his wife.

"Ah! So the king lives?" The titan spoke.

"Papa." Thea whimpered, struggling to free herself from the titan's arms.

"It's alright, my sweet. Stay calm." Tobias attempted to calm the girl.

"How sweet! I already have what I want." The titan paused, "Kill him as well."

"NO!" Thea cried as the titan pulled her along with him.

As she was dragged away, she could here the cries over her mother and father. Passing through the halls of what used to be her peaceful home were the dead bodies of those who had cared for and loved the young princess.

One of the guards was still moving when he made eye contact with the young princess, "Stay strong, princess. The people of Jendell will never forget you."

The titan scoffed at the guard, kicking him back to the ground. Thea gasped as the titan continued to pull her out of the castle.

Once outside, Thea saw the titan's men firing at the citizens. She could hear people screaming her name, attempting to make a run for her. She watched as one by one, Skrulls and Jendellians dropped dead to the ground.

The titan shifted the girl's head, so she was staring in front of her. He threw her on the ship.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

791 44 9
***PLEASE READ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY [1] BEFORE THIS BOOK!! OTHERWISE YOU MAY GET VERY CONFUSED*** Having saved the galaxy once already, Astra now...
215K 5.6K 26
You were abducted from the playground of your school after you ran away from your temporary home. The foster parents you had abused you mentally and...
11.4K 401 38
and she was alright, the band was back together and she was alright, the song went on forever [ being rewritten ] [ peter quill x fem!oc ] [ guardian...
56.1K 1.2K 44
Demons | "I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you, But with the beast inside, ...