Lucky

By heartlessbrock

Violet Richards and her best friend Daisy win a trip to go ghost hunting with Sam and Colby. What will happen... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
Not a chapter

49

20.1K 400 213
By heartlessbrock

"So..It's your last day?" Regina asked as I clocked in. "Yeah, I move tomorrow." I said as I put the stupid Santa hat on that they would make us wear at the diner.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." She said and gave me a big hug. "I'm gonna miss you, too. Thanks again for taking the lease on the apartment, that means a lot to me. Did you end up finding a roommate?" I asked as I wiped the counter down with a towel.

"Yeah! Some girl named Daisy contacted me." She said as I choked on my own spit. "Are you okay?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah...yeah..totally fine, my best friend was named Daisy..that's all." I said then grabbed my book so I could wait on some tables.

I couldn't shake the idea that Daisy was trying to live in the apartment again. Did that mean she knew I was moving to LA? I couldn't have her following me across the country. This was supposed to be a fresh start.

I shook my head then went over to the table I was serving. "Hey, my name is Violet. I'm going to be taking care of you today, can I start you with something to drink?" I asked the family of three with a smile.

"Woah." The teenage girl said when she looked at me. "Are you the girl thats dating Colby Brock?" She asked as I shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said as she pulled her phone out, "You won that contest to go ghost hunting with Sam and Colby!" She said as I nodded.

"Oh! Yeah, that's me." I said with a small smile. "You're like..dating Colby now right?" She asked as I shook my head. "Nope. Not dating anyone. Can I get you something to drink?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Nicki, leave her alone. We'll all have water please." The girl's mom said as I nodded and walked away.

I went to grab their waters then walked back to the table. "Okay, do you guys know what you want to order?" I asked with a smile. "I want a different server." The girl, Nicki, said as I scrunched my brow.

"Don't be rude, Nicki!" Her dad said as I smiled blankly. "I'm serious, dad. She's a horrible person." She said as I sucked in a breath. "Nicki!" Her mom scolded as I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I'll go get you a different server." I said then turned around and walked away.

I had pretty thick skin but knowing thousands of people hated me for absolutely no reason hurt a lot.

"Vi?" Regina asked as I pushed passed her with tears in my eyes. "Hey! Are you okay?" She asked as he followed me towards the bathroom. "Um...can you take table 14 please." I asked as I held tears back. "What happened?!" She asked as I shook my head. "It's nothing, I'm fine." I said then went into the bathroom.

I felt the tears burning my eyes as I slid down the walls and covered my face with my hands. It wasn't fair for someone to judge me or my relationship with someone without knowing me. Colby and I haven't even been seen in public since the video dropped. Colby also went to Kansas for the past week and a half so he could see his parents.

I wasn't posting on my socials, I wasn't doing anything wrong at all..it was just people overreacting.

I sat in the bathroom for a second, weeping to myself. I wasn't necessarily sad about what happened but I was definitely embarrassed and almost stressed out because of it.

I didn't want to move to LA and then have it be this huge thing where I get tormented for breathing the same air as Colby. I remember Daisy telling me all about the girls who she hated because everyone thought they were dating Colby.

I usually just nodded and agreed with whatever she said so that she wouldn't be mad at me. I guess it would have been useful to know what she was saying now so I could avoid doing those things.

I let out a deep sigh then walked out of the bathroom so I could go back to work.

When I walked out a saw Colby walking into the diner. Luckily the fan had her back towards the door so she wouldn't see him, but I had to stop him before he came any further.

I jogged over to the door and gave him wide warning eyes as he made eye contact with me. "What's wrong?" He asked as he leaned in to give me a kiss. "No!" I exclaimed and dodged the kiss as I pushed him into the wall so he would be hidden from the fan.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I peered around the corner. Luckily she was still talking to her family. "There's a fan here. She recognized me and asked if we were dating and I told her no so you can't be here because if she sees you then we are fucked." I said as he chuckled.

"Ohhh shit..did she say something to you?" He asked as I brushed my hair behind my ear. "Yeah, we can talk about it later. You need to go." I said and looked around nervously.

"Okay, what did you want for dinner?" He asked as I shook my head. "It doesn't matter. I'll see you when I get off okay?" I asked as he nodded. "Okay." He said then turned towards the door, "oh! And Vi?" He asked and turned around.

"Yes?" I asked as he grinned, "relax." He said then kissed me quickly before walking outside. I rolled my eyes then turned to go back to work.

The rest of my shift went by fast, which was good. I was about to clock out when my manager came out of the office with a cake.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he set it down on the counter next to me. "We're gonna miss you, Vi." Mikey said as everyone gathered around.

"Y-you got me a cake?" I asked as I pouted my lip out. "Yeah...believe it or not we love you." Tony said as I pouted. "Thanks guys. I promise I'll come visit...I don't know when..but I will." I said as everyone smiled at me.

"Hey...can I talk to you?" Jarrod asked as they cut the cake. "Uh...I guess." I said and instinctively folded my hands behind my back. "I'm sorry for how I treated you....I'm just..I really liked you. I know that you and Colby are together and that you're moving to LA to be with him so I just wanted to know if we could still be friends." He said as he anxiously swayed.

"I'm not moving to LA for Colby. I'm moving for myself. I need a fresh start and Colby just happens to be a perk. I'm willing to be friends but you can't treat me like how you treated me a couple weeks ago. That's not gonna fly." I said as he nodded.

"I know...I know I was being a douche. I'm sorry." He said as I sighed. "Apology accepted." I said then gave him a hug. I felt like now that we were good, I had dealt closure on this place. I was ready to move to LA.

I enjoyed a piece of cake with everyone, then said my goodbyes. It was bittersweet leaving these people, since they were my little family. I was excited to see where life was going to take me though.

When I got home I walked inside and threw my apron on the ground. "I'm done with working here!" I yelled and raised my arms above my head. "Proud of you, baby." Colby said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Are you ready to roadtrip with me?" I asked then pressed my lips against his for a quick kiss. "More than ready. We are gonna stop for snacks then start our journey at 7am." He said as I smiled widely and hugged him.

"So what happened at work today?" Colby asked as we unpacked the Taco Bell Colby had ordered. "Oh..uh..this fan came in and she said I was a horrible person and made me get another server for their table." I said with a sigh as I took a bite of my burrito.

"I'm so sorry, V." Colby said as I shook my head. "It's fine. People are gonna hate. I know where we stand and that's all that matters." I said then kissed his cheek.

We spent the rest of the night watching tv and packing. I didn't have a lot of stuff so it would all fit in the back of my RAV, since I wasn't bringing my furniture with me.

We were leaving early in the morning so we went to bed at around midnight. I couldn't help but feel a little nervous about meeting Colby's friends but if he thought they would like me then I had to trust that.

I trusted Colby.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.1K 44
Where a small town girl with a ghost hunting youtube page and her best friend, take a trip to the Queen Mary with two small town boys from Kansas and...
649 26 24
A story in which a girl can see people from the graves, and boy who loves the paranormal. When they meet each other in an haunted Inn, what will happ...
36.4K 1K 32
Colby Brock, famous Viner turned YouTube Star. Best friends with Sam Golbach. Known for being the 'emo' one of the duo. Paranormal investigator. Canc...
4.1K 77 13
"Two weeks are you fucking stupid Colby!?" What will happen when two best friends are trapped in the most haunted place for two full weeks? scared o...