π‘πžπ’π π§ 𝐎𝐟 π‚π‘πšπ¨π¬ [οΏ½...

By Sharyn_Jael

βπ‘Šβ„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ β„Žπ‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘π‘’π‘™π‘™π‘’π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘”π‘Žπ‘–π‘›π‘ π‘‘ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘ π‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘šπ‘  π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘π‘’π‘ π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ ...❞ Barely... More

Character Aesthetics, Warning, Copyrights
01
02
03
04
05
06*
07
08
09*
10
11*
12
13*
14
15
16*
17
18*
19
20*
21
22*
23*
24*
26
27
28*
29*
30*
31*
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Final Note

25

8.9K 451 526
By Sharyn_Jael

Also how about a book on Rodger?

It's already out. Add it to your libraries lol

━━━━━━━━━♚━━━━━━━━━

Katrina Diaz

The sound of approaching angry footsteps echoed in the room. Twisting my neck, I looked at my mother marching towards us in a green dress and a folder full of paperwork in her arms. Kendra, dressed in a burgundy crop top and a pair of shorts, was right on my mother's heels. A cigarette was perched between Kendra's lips and a bag clasped in her hands. Discomfort seeped into my veins when I scanned her finger to find the engagement ring from Hayden.

Kendra ambled near my sofa and slumped on the other end of the sofa, pulling the cigarette out of her lips and blowing the noxious smoke out. My mother occupied a wing-backed chair, her legs crossed, and dropped the file on the table.

Her eyes flew to mine. "What is happening here? A parliament discussion against me, Kate?"

"Yeah, sorry about that." I rolled my eyes, wishing she would realise the sun didn't revolve around her and her elder daughter.

"Watch your tone, stupid lass." Her eyes flashed instantly.

Annoyance scraped the back of my neck. Before I could retort with some sharp retort, my father fixed her with a glare. "You're not here to parent Kate. Let's concentrate on the matter at hand."

"Yes, we will," she sneered, her nose crinkling. Her eyes drifted to Mrs Lee's figure, and she demanded, "Go and get me tea."

"Excuse me?" Mrs Lee blinked her eyes.

"You heard me, peasant."

A muscle jumped in Mrs Lee's cheek as she said, "Apologies. I keep forgetting your hands are crippled. Too crippled to even wash your tongue with a good soap. I'll have my butler get you one."

My mum narrowed her eyes. Biting on my lower lip, I averted my eyes to swallow the laugh bubbling in my throat. It was so pleasant to see people keep Matilda Diaz in her place.

"But I want to drink the tea made by you. I want to see what kind of black magic potent you're putting in his drink," demanded mum. "What are you waiting for? A 10-pound tip?"

"Stay in your place, Matilda," rebuked my dad. Kendra dragged a puff from the cigarette and released the rings of smoke into the air nonchalantly.

"I'm in my place. In the place bought by my legally wedded husband." Mum's nostrils flared. "But this bitch. She stole my man and has now made one of my daughters against me. Bloody plug-ugly whore!"

My dad bellowed, "Mind your tongue."

A deep red hue suffused Mrs Lee's face as she launched to her feet. Waving a hand in my mother's face, she warned, "Another abusive word and I'll press charges for the name calling, Mrs Diaz."

"A whore is a whore no matter what, you bloody minger." Mum raised to her full height, glaring at Mrs Lee. I sneaked a look at my sister to find her cool and unbothered by any of this drama. If anything, she was drowned in the scent of smoke while I struggled to breathe properly beside her.

"You're the one to talk?" A mocking chuckle left Mrs Lee's lips. "Last everyone checked, you sleep with business associates to secure deals. You forced your daughter into a marriage. You forced the other one to go to modelling knowing how exploiting the business could be. You would pick money even from a toilet flush, Mrs Diaz. I love Miguel and he loves me unlike you—"

Before I could fully comprehend which part of Gladys' speech triggered my mum, I saw her slap Mrs Lee's cheek; the sound bouncing between the walls of the house. The butler of the house gaped at my mum's audacity and my dad launched to his feet. Heart racing, I gazed at Kendra, surprised to see her eyes shine with amusement as she continued to smoke.

What the hell, Ken?

"You!" Mrs Lee muttered, rubbing her cheek softly as if to soothe the ache. "Can't handle the truth, can you?"

With a horrendous growl, mum shouldered past my dad, hurling towards Mrs Lee. She grabbed hold of her hair and started tugging at it, earning a surprised cry from the other woman. Mrs Lee's groans drowned in the sound of my mother's beautiful poetry of curses as she yanked at Mrs Lee's hair with the wildness of an untamed beast. Shoving Mrs Lee, she went on, pulling all the tresses out of the neatly made chiffon. Mrs Lee managed to pull herself free from my mother's grip. Rage highlighting the hard lines of her mouth, she reached for my mother's hair, making my mum scream like a banshee.

My father and the butler blinked their eyes, too confused to react. As I attempted to move, a feminine hand clasped around my wrist. Kendra's chuckles floated between us. "Stay back. This is entertaining."

"You're awful," I chided, shooting her a glare.

"Perhaps." She shrugged, whispering, "But mum deserves it."

"Help me!" Mum screamed, trying to set herself free. "Kate! Kendra! Get rid of this possessed woman from me. Talk to her."

"Stay back," demanded Kendra, gripping me too strongly, her nails digging into my scars, making my most recent one prick with pain as she puffed out smoke.

Yanking my wrist from her grip, I watched as the butler and my father wrenched the two women apart from each other. A runnel of blood ran down the side of my mother's ear and Mrs Lee had a chunk of hair in her grip. Slapping a hand over my mouth, I stared at my mum, guilty for not saving her when she screamed.

"Gladys! Go to your room," huffed my dad, rubbing a hand over his forehead. Mrs Lee's eyes were rimmed red, her features almost unrecognisable, her pleasant composure nowhere in sight. Did my mum push her buttons too far?

"Get that bitch away from here. She is crazy! I'm bleeding," wailed my mum, tears slipping down her cheeks. My eyes swung to Kendra, who was now more laid-back on the sofa, her eyes trained on the drop of our mother's blood on the floor as if fascinated by it.

It was hard to understand Kendra when she acted like this. She enjoyed this drama, although I wasn't sure if it was because of the violence or simply because she had some grudge against my mum.

My father ushered Mrs Lee to her room as the house butler gave a few napkins to my mother. He fished out a first aid box from the cabinets and placed it on the table. As I reached for it, hoping to help mum even if she had never, ever helped me when I bled, she shot me a glare. "Don't! I don't want you touching me. What if that crazy devil of yours will come back? You'll hurt me more."

Cutting me open once again, a sharp shred of pain pierced through my heart, which was drowned in a flood of rage. Positively miffed, I sat back, leaving her to her ill manners and her crass mouth, and watched as she cleaned the blood off of her.

Minutes stretched like a string waiting to snap.

Dad returned and cleared his throat, summoning all of her attention as he said, "Let's talk. I believe this is best talked about when Gladys isn't around. And Kendra, stop smoking. You know your sister has little tolerance to smoke."

"Oh please! She survived hearing hallucinations just fine. A little smoke won't kill her." Kendra's ridiculing stirred ripples of anger through me.

"Whom did you bang last night? Didn't he get you off?" A smile touched my lips when she narrowed her eyes. "Don't bother telling me. It's not like I care."

My father's lips thinned. "Kate. Don't start an argument."

"Bloody trollop." She shot me a glare.

Trollop? Bloody trollop? She was the one to call me that?

"Oh, sweetie, you look so pretty calling me a Trollop wearing that engagement ring from my husband." Satisfaction slammed through me as she stared at the ring. "Since you're at this I-will-wear-the-accessories-bought-by-Kate's-partners rampage, don't forget to use the accessories Cain gifted me. They must be in the rubbish bin, but do find them, and hope they'll be your lucky charms when you go for a film audition next time."

"Or maybe I'll fuck your husband before I go to my next audition." She snickered.

Fire licked at my blood. "You can't even get a role in a porn  if you've tired, Kendra. How will you charm my husband?"

I hated doing this; I didn't even talk like this to Juniper for telling me how she wanted Hayden 'to-do' her and certainly didn't slut sham Brooke for sleeping with Cain. Yet, I was here – slut shaming my sister. It wasn't for Hayden. These verbal attacks were for writing a letter full of lies — for making me a slut who slept with her sister's fiance. Her letter made me a whore in my dad's eyes. This venom which I was spitting on her was nothing when compared to what I had experienced.

"Kate!" Irritation laced my mother's shoulders. "What are you talking about?" 

"Is it a porn movie or even worse?" I cocked a brow.

"Katrina!" My father warned, and I rolled my eyes. My mother looked up furiously at my father.

"What's happening here?" she yelled.

"Calling my sister out. Be quiet." I groaned, and she glared at me as my lips twitched into a mirthful smile.

"Katrina Diaz! Mind your tongue." She pinned me with a look. "Your father and I are divorcing. Since he won't be earning for our family anymore. You and your sister should start working. We have to start a business and I need you to convince Hayden to sponsor Kate, so—"

I pinched my eyes shut. This again! Was she delusional or stupid? How did she think I could convince Hayden to give them a loan. She really should stop talking as if I had Hayden wrapped around my little finger.

"You could buy more diamonds and your daughter drugs? Why would he waste his money like that?" My dad interjected. My eyes tore open, and I looked at my dad in shock. Kendra was doing drugs? 

"Katrina is married to Hayden Evans. Before their marriage Hayden's fortune was 12.7 Billion pounds and today it's 13.9 Billion pounds. It's increasing every day—"

"How obsessed are you?" A bitter tone underscored my voice.

My words fell on deaf ears as she prattled on, "As his wife, Kate is practically a billionaire, too. She has enough for a lifetime. Surely, she could put in a word and get us some money. Because it is unfair for Kendra to only have—"

"An engagement ring worth only a few million?" A sigh of ridicule left my lips. "What a pity!"

A choking noise reverberated in the room. And all eyes slid to our father, who had a hand planted on his lips. That was the one thing Miguel Diaz, and I shared in common. Even in the worst of situations, we could laugh at sarcastic comments.

"Do you think I can't lure a billionaire to marry me?" Kendra challenged me, throwing a glare at my father.

"Can you now?" I arched my brow. "Aren't you a runaway bride? Who in the right mind would want to be stranded at the altar, sister?"

Regret flashed in Kendra's eyes; regret not for falsely accusing me, but regret running from the altar. Ever the covetous bitch.

"Miguel, if Kate won't get the money. Then you should do the sponsoring for the business. This is for our daughter's settlement. Kendra deserves more." My mum argued, ignoring my banter with my sister, which was strange. She was the first one to always slide away with her elder daughter. Maybe she was too engrossed in the fortune issue.

"I won't invest a penny in your business unless you get your favourite daughter to stop doing drugs." Dad's lips thinned into a tight line. Laughter rippled across the room from Kendra's direction. Her shoulders shaking, she fished out a packet of white powder, which I assumed was some drug, and tore it open.

Spilling the contents of it into her palm, she laughed. "Hell would freeze over before I would stop."

"Then dig yourself an early grave before you go down," chastised dad.

Fisting the powder, she smiled, stretching her lips in an insidious way I had never seen Kendra do. "I will"—her free hand clasped my wrist, digging her nails into my skin as she blew the drug in my face—" I'll also take your favourite daughter down with me."

Defence mechanism kicking in, I swatted at my sister, breaking into a coughing fit, the awful, alien taste wrapping around my tongue, my nasal cavity and throat burning.

"Kendra!" bellowed dad. "Stop harassing her."

Chest hurting, eyes burning, I freed my hand from my sister's grip as I willed my body to calm down and my breathing to regulate.

"I won't!" Fear sluiced through my nerves when I registered Kendra's hand moving towards my cheek. It was happening too fast for me to even shield myself from the blow. But the slap never came. From my periphery, I felt dad's hand grip Kendra's wrist.

"Stop it!" He yelled as she writhed her wrist in his hold, but he didn't let go of her. My mum looked shocked by my sister's outrage.

"Fuck off!" Shel yelled, yanking her hand back furiously, face morphing into disgust. "Why is she your favourite?"

Dad's tone softened. "Kendra—"

Her finger pointed at me and she cried out. "This bitch. This fucking bitch is just an orphan. She is not family. Not blood. She is a fucking charity case. How could you do this to me? All her life, you treated her equally to me. I'm your flesh but you loved her, respected her, encouraged her more than me. It was always Katrina for you. Why not me when I'm your flesh? You found her in fucking garbage of a hospital. When did this fucking charity case became more valuable than me?"

Shock stabbed at me.

Tears started flowing down my cheeks, tears of pain. Kendall's rant was pushed into the back of my mind as I clutched my stomach in pain. I leaned over the table when I felt an unbearable pain shoot through me.

"Kendra, shut your mouth!" It was my mother's voice.

"No, I won't fucking stop. This charity case should never have entered this house. All the eighteen years of her life were my alms. All the love, the care, the expenditure, everything. She stole everything from me. I was supposed to be the billionaire's wife, I was supposed to stand beside Hayden Evans in the magazines, she stole all the money. This ugly bitch—"

"Honey, please," pleaded my mum.

"You should have died. I would have been happier." A rueful laugh fell from her mouth. "I should have never saved you when you were bleeding on those bathroom tiles."

With that said, she turned on her heel and marched upstairs into one of the rooms, taking her bag of drugs with her.

"Kate..."

My lips trembled and tears pricked my eyes when I heard the broken whisper from my father. It was true. I heard the truth in the silence that followed his word.

"I..." I breathed, unable to articulate. "Need.. air."

And I was out, exiting the nearest doorway, moving far away from the living room door, trudging towards the balcony, surprised to find the glass railing missing. Standing at the edge of the balcony, I stared down at the prickly bushes in the garden below as tears fell down my cheeks while harsh rays of the sun glared at me.

My hands felt too numbed and my heartbeat slowed, my breathing tipping as my entire life flashed before my eyes. Suddenly, every awful memory fell into pieces. My mother's hate for me, my father's pity for me, Kendra's envy of me. I didn't belong in this family. Every abusive word about my talent, about my choices, about my mental condition made sense. Mum didn't care enough, or perhaps even enjoyed watching me suffer because she wasn't my mum.

The eeriness of reality wrapped around my neck, constricting my airflow as silence rippled around me. Mouth tingling, I felt a shiver dance on my shoulders, and I blinked my eyes when a black haze covered my vision.

How long did I stand out here? Minutes? Hours?

With gut-wrenching intensity, I realised I was going to experience a low blood pressure crash on the edge of a balcony with no railing. The chances of me dying like this were astronomical. Maybe it was for the best.

You should have died. Kendra had said it just like Diaval. If only Hayden were here. Hayden... I couldn't die now. With excruciating effort, I turned on my heel, only for some weight to slam into me, as if shoving me. And just like that, I was falling, eyes blinded by the scorching sunlight.

"Katrina," my mother's voice cried out before everything turned black.

━━━━━━━━━♛━━━━━━━━━

What are your theories about Katrina's biological parents?

450 comments? I'll update lmao

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Stay safe ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 182 38
Three years ago Gemma started working for Richardson Worldwide. For the first twelve months, she worked hard until her boss, Larry Richardson, starte...
1.2M 41K 52
Ranked #1 in adventureedition Ranked #27 in justwriteit *** His hands moved up my thighs seductively. "You're mine......" his voice was nothing but...
125K 6.2K 31
In which, a criminologist becomes the plaything of a crime lord. ____ Β©Ssybahz 2022 "They made a God out of you but you are only a human. You have de...
482K 13.4K 26
Growing up in foster care her entire life, Olivia had no family or friends. She was abandoned by the dumpster when she was only an infant. Homeless...