Look Before You Leap [True Bl...

By luckandillusions

*COMPLETE* When Rachel & Lily Compton's mother dies, they discover an estate in Bon Temps was left to them. B... More

1: Introductions
2: Three Weeks Later
4: Down In Mississippi And Up To No Good
5: Two Can Play That Game
6: If You Love Me Then Why Are You Dying?
7: Vampires, Werewolves, and Faeries, Oh My!
8: Get The Fuck Off My Front Porch
9: Time Passes, Things Change
10: Everyone Hates Witches
11: Identity Crisis
12: A Lot Can Happen In 400 Years
13: Trust Me
14: The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants
15: Sisters Stick Together
16: Before Things Get Better
17: The Voice Of Reason
18: Missing Information
19: Collabortation
20: The Gangs All Here
21: Just When Things Were Looking Up
22: Changes
23: Last Line Of Defense
24: What's Good For You
25: Prisoners Without Chains
26: Right Vs. Wrong
27: No Growth Without Change
28: The More You Know, The Less You Believe
29: Losing The One You Love
30: Between A Rock And A Hard Place
31: Welcome To The Fun House
32: All Good Things Come To An End
33: When One Door Closes
34: Happily Ever After
35: A Pale Horse Named Death
36: Things Fall Apart
37: Reunion
38: Losing Forever
39: Fallout
40: Where Do We Go From Here?
41: Secrets Are No Fun
42: Hope For Tomorrow
43: Good Times Ahead

3: It's Never Nothing

3.2K 70 16
By luckandillusions

LPOV

"I'm done. Find Bill bring him back, but I'm not helping. I'll keep making phone calls but I'm done with all this vampire shit," I told Rachel when we got home.

"Lily, be reasonable."

"I am! I've never wanted to be around vampires and you know that."

She started to say something else, but I cut her off.

"You are going to drop this," I commanded. I felt a little jolt and Rachel was staring at my blankly.

"I'm going to drop this," she repeated.

"Rach are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah fine. I guess I should get going." She said sounding like her normal self again but totally moving on from out argument. That was really weird…

RPOV

I drove up to Fangtasia where I showed Eric the symbol. He claimed he didn't recognize it.

"You're lying," I said.

"No."

"Yes you are. I've been around you enough, you have a tic."

"What is it?" He asked.

"Like I'd tell you. What do you know about werewolves?" I asked.

"Their dangerous," he said simply.

"So are you. What else?"

"They're territorial, vicious, and secretive."

"That sounds exactly like you."

"They're nothing like us."

"Right. Well Sookie's going to need more than that or she'll end up getting the rest of us in trouble," I rolled my eyes.

"She's human," He said.

"Doesn't mean we're stupid, but we need your help."

"I'm not talking to you about there weres. I don't want you trying to chase them down, you'll only get hurt."

"You don't know that."

"No, but I'm not risking your life because you want to play brave."

"You've got to give me something. He's my family. He and Lily are the only family I have left." I said sniffing. I didn't cry much but the thought of loosing someone else in my family so soon after my mom made tears come up.

"Don't do that. It makes me feel…human," Eric said.

"If making you feel human will make you help me then I have no choice," I said trying to stay strong but I really couldn't help crying.

"Do you really want to know about Operation Werewolf?" He asked.

"Yes."

He seemed to go off to some place far away, "It was in Germany in 1945. Godric and I were looking for the werewolves that were part of that group, they all had those marks it was the way we could tell. They're killers and we had to take them down. There was a girl we captured; she wanted my blood in exchange for information. Godric told me not to give it to her but I did I needed to know. She said that a vampire led the group, and then she attacked me. Godric killed her and that's all the information I got out of her."

"But most vampire killed people, what was so special about those wolves. And please don't say it's because vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies or something. What was so special about the werewolves with those marks?" I asked.

"It's a long story. You should get back to Bon Temps," He said.

"Eric-" I started to say something but he cut me off.

"Later."

I could tell whatever it was still hurt him to talk about. Eric wasn't big on feelings like grief or sadness. It made him feel human; he wasn't big on being human.

"Ok."

"I'll help you, find Bill."

"Thank you."

He walked me to my car and kissed me.

"I'll see you tomorrow maybe."

He just nodded. He was still off wherever that memory was.

OoOoO

When I got back to Bon Temps I decided there was no way I was going to be able to sleep so I stopped at Sookie's. Lily's car was parked in the driveway.

I knocked on the door. "Hey Rach, your sister is asleep down the hall."

"Oh alright. I don't think I can sleep. I went to talk to Eric, he said he'll help."

"That's great!"

"Can I just hang out here for a while? I don't want to go home."

"Yeah. I told Lily she could sleep here as long as she needed. The whole vampire thing is really messing with her. She'd rather be here than a house any vampire can enter."

"Makes sense."

"I'm doing a little house cleaning if you want to help," she said.

"Yeah that sounds good."

"Well grab a broom."

OoOoO

A few hours later Sookie was getting ready to go to work.

"You think you and Lily will be alright if I leave you here?" She asked.

"Yeah we'll be alright."

"Ok well watch out."

"Yeah you too," I nodded.

OoOoO

Lily woke up eventually, I heard her moving around, but if she ever came out of her room I must've had the TV on too loud because I didn't hear her. When Sookie came home the two of us sat on her couch in silence waiting for something to happen.

Then there was a knock at the door. We both jumped and then walked slowly towards the front of the house and through the curtains on the door I could see Eric.

We went outside and he explained to Sookie what he had told me the night before. After he did she went back inside to let us talk.

Eric sighed. "I shouldn't want Bill found, I would be much better off if he disappeared forever but now that these werewolves are coming for you I have no choice. I never wanted to put you in danger."

"I put myself in danger when I decided to stay and live in Bon Temps, and then when I decided to go on a date with you. Do you think life here is easy? My sister has locked herself in her room because of you, I'm pretty sure she hates me. A family member I just met might be dead. Life here is anything but easy."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. I'm stupid."

"You aren't."

"If I was smart I would've gotten out of here the moment I met Bill. I wouldn't be standing here right now. I wouldn't have fallen in love with you."

"You make things increasingly more difficult every time I see you."

I sighed. "You ought to get used to it. Are you going to in?"

"Of course. I've got to protect you from your own stupidity." He smiled.

"Come on. My room is upstairs it's got the best view," I said looking over my shoulder as I walked towards the stairs.

"I'm sure it does," he said grabbing me around the waist.

"Sook's up there too we have to be quiet," I laughed.

"That can happen." He smirked.

We were just about to go upstairs when his head snapped towards the living room door and he leaped towards it. A wolf came around the corner and I grabbed the gun Sookie had given me and pulled the trigger. The next few things happened so fast I had no idea what was going on. Eric jumped in front of the bullet. I screamed. The werewolf jumped on Eric. Next thing I knew the were was dead and he was bleeding out all over Sookie's rug.

There were footsteps running down the hallway. Sookie and Lily appeared. "Holy shit," Was all Lily said before retreating back to her room.

"He's bleeding all over my rug," Sookie commented.

"Sorry," Eric said.

I coughed. "Well, um, we'll go get rid of this. Come on Eric."

I grabbed a shovel before we went out and Eric slung the guy over his shoulder. We walked out to a place in the woods and Eric started digging.

"I thought we were going to talk to him? You saw that mark and freaked. It's got to mean more that what you told me."

"It's nothing."

"If it was nothing you'd be thinking rationally."

"It brings back bad memoires," he said.

"I can tell. But I could've listened to his thoughts," I said.

"Rachel, you don't understand how dangerous werewolves are. When they're had vampire blood their even a challenge for me."

"But-"

"I did what I had to do to protect you."

I sighed. "Well I did hear something about Jackson, isn't that a city somewhere?"

"Jackson Mississippi, he had a Mississippi accent."

"I'm from Colorado I wouldn't know." I shrugged. "I need to go there. Sookie and I need to leave like now! Come with me?"

"I can't. The two of you shouldn't go alone either," Eric said as we walked back to Sook's house.

"Well we aren't just going to sit here."

"I'll figure something out. At least take the day to think about before you rush up there."

"Maybe. If something does happen, you'll feel it won't you?"

"Yes."

"How long will it take you to get to Jackson?" I asked.

"Too long." He paused. "I don't want you to go."

"I have too."

He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

"I know."

OoOoO

The next morning Sook and I went to tell Sam that we would be missing a few days of work. Afterwards we went home and I started helping her wash her rug. We had been scrubbing for a while when I heard someone thinking behind us. I grabbed Sookie's arm. We both jumped up and ran into the house.

"Wait!" The guy yelled.

He grabbed me. Sookie started trying to pull him off. "Let go of me! I know what you are!"

"I'm not going to hurt you! Eric Northman sent me."

I stopped fighting and Sookie stopped tugging. I remembered him saying he'd "figure something out" I guess this was it.

"My name is Alcide Hervaux, I'm here to help."

He let go of my slowly as if seeing if I was going to freak out again.

"I'll make tea," Sookie suggested. We went into the dining room and Alcide and I sat down.

"I'm Rachel Compton," I said introducing myself. "That's Sookie Stackhouse."

I heard some shuffling at Lily appeared around the corner.

"That's my twin Lily," I added.

Wow, she's alive. I thought to Sookie.

Sook snorted and Alcide gave her a weird look.

Haha very funny. Who's he? Lily asked.

"This is Alcide Hervaux. He's a werewolf," I said out loud.

"Just when you think you might have a day where you aren't faced with some crazy shit…"

"Nice to meet you Lily," Alcide said.

She blushed. "Nothing against you. I'm sure you're fine. It's just become a bit much."

"I understand," he nodded.

Sookie brought our tea over.

So, I heard one of ya'll read minds? Alcide thought.

Lily sighed. "We all do."

Lily, I kinda thought we were trying to keep that little fact about you on the DL. I thought at her.

What's the point?

So we could all be having a conversation without me saying anything? Alcide asked.

"We've been having conversations without you hearing," I said.

"Which is a little rude," Sookie said.

"But yeah we could," I finished.

"Might come in handy," He said.

"So you're taking us to Jackson?" I asked. "Why?"

"My dad owes Eric some money. Plus the only way you're getting to the weres is with my help."

"Well when are we leaving?" I asked.

"Whenever you're ready," He said.

"I just brought a suitcase of clothes over here, I'm ready to go. Sookie?"

"It'll only take me a little bit."

"So while you're both gone do I need to expect any supernatural visitors?" Lily asked.

"There's a gun in my bedside table," Sookie said.

OoOoO

When we got to Jackson it was dark. Sook and I got ready to go to the werewolf bar, Lou Pines. She wore a simple innocent looking outfit and I went with her outfit but in all darks making us look like we had purposely meant to look like an angel and a devil. The look would've been perfect on me and Lily. I found myself wishing Lily was here instead of having a panic attack at home. I wish she could be tougher.

We parked outside the bar and walked in. Alcide greeted the door man and got us in.

"Am I not really dressed appropriately?" She asked me.

"Well I fit in better. You should've let me pick your outfit."

"Next time," She nodded.

"We'll have to split up. If they see you girls with me they won't talk" Alcide told us. "I'll be over there."

Sookie took off but I hesitated. Alcide grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze, I looked up at him.

"You'll be fine."

I nodded and walked towards a group of weres.

"Have you ever heard of a place in Louisiana called Fangtasia?" I heard Sookie ask.

"You a Fangbanger?" one guy asked.

"We'll there isn't anything sexier than a vampire," I said.

The guys all looked me up and down, probably undressing me in their heads.

"I don't know," Sookie said. "These weres seem pretty good too, Rach."

"Yeah, listen to your friend Rach," One guy said.

I walked up to him and touched him. "Why don't we go somewhere so you can tell me about it?"

I got flashes of Bill. This is the one. I told Sookie.

"Come on then," the were said.

Rachel, wait! I heard Alcide.

But I was already in the back room.

"Where's that vampire?" I asked.

"You don't need any vampires. I've got plenty of vamp blood in me."

He started trying to rip my clothes off. I was trying to fight him off when Alcide grabbed him.

Sookie came in behind him. "Are you alright?" she asked sitting next to me.

"I'm fine."

I could hear the fight happening outside. Then I heard the guy that was at the door yelling at everyone and then the yelling ended. I walked out and stood it the doorway. When Alcide got up he came over to Sookie and I.

"Thank you for helping me in there," I told him.

"It's my job."

"Well thanks anyway."

"Come on, let's get you two out of here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 784 32
Ahti has come to talk to her maker after centuries of not seeing her. She has come with a request, one that should not be taken lightly. She thought...
966K 23.8K 55
𝐀 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭...
72.5K 2.7K 27
"𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙, 𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣." godric and...
Soul Tides By CJ

Paranormal

84.8K 8.3K 55
A sex worker turned private eye must investigate her supernatural hometown in order to find a missing girl, but when clues lead her on a path of dead...