The Bodyguard's Duty ✅

By -JayJayJay-

After being target by several unfortunate attacks, Thomas Miller is hired to protect Ethan Shelton, Chief Ope... More

Chapter 1 - A Hero In The Dark
Chapter 2 - Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 3 - First Impressions
Chapter 4 - A Second First Impression
Chapter 5 - Different Agendas
Chapter 6 - Boundaries
Chapter 7 - Signature Red
Chapter 8 - Power Balance
Chapter 9 - Overtime
Chapter 10 - Lockdown
Chapter 11 - Sharing Insights
Chapter 12 - The Cinema
Chapter 13 - All About Thomas
Chapter 14 - Bathroom Brawl
Chapter 15 - Creating A Cover
Chapter 16 - Goodbye Dinner
Chapter 17 - Airport
Chapter 18 - Time Apart
Chapter 19 - Blind Date
Chapter 20 - Beeline
Chapter 21 - Reunion
Chapter 22 - Tour Guide
Chapter 23 - Cheerleader
Chapter 24 - Sushi
Chapter 25 - Magazine Interview
Chapter 26 - Vacation
Chapter 27 - Old Friends
Chapter 28 - Camping
Chapter 29 - Valentine's Day
Chapter 30 - Motivation
Chapter 31 - Running Away
Chapter 33 - A Conflicting Ethan
Chapter 34 - Fear Of Doubt
Chapter 35 - Hiking
Chapter 36 - The Charity Gala
Chapter 37 - Bath
Chapter 38 - Another Farewell
Chapter 39 - A Sweet Video Call
Chapter 40 - A Hollow Reality
Chapter 41 - Spontaneous
Chapter 42 - Teenage Romance
Chapter 43 - Commitment
Chapter 44 - The Cracks That Show
Chapter 45 - Nirvana
Chapter 46 - The Hard Truth
Chapter 47 - Realistic Expectations
Chapter 48 - Ripples
Chapter 49 - An Angry Confrontation
Chapter 50 - Bittersweet Reunion
Chapter 51 - Heartstopper
Chapter 52 - Following The Heart
Chapter 53 - The Goodbye Tour
Chapter 54 - Epilogue
New Story Update & Index To All My Stories

Chapter 32 - Fishy Behaviour

19K 1K 167
By -JayJayJay-

Throughout the whole day, Ethan's mind was consumed by everything that was Thomas Miller. He had to drag himself away from Thomas as he didn't even dare to look at the bodyguard when he waved goodbye.

The morning had started with Ethan doing his best to avoid Thomas at all costs. He didn't want to risk seeing Thomas in the morning, and continue living with the shame and guilt for trying to snog Thomas.

But then the morning had a surprising change of event when he finally talked to Thomas properly. Once again it was so easy to talk to Thomas, and the way everything built up inside of Ethan made everything spill out like a dripping faucet.

Thomas kept calling his bluff at every chance whenever Ethan tried to run away. The bodyguard's persistence had worn Ethan down, and Ethan was so relieved that Thomas didn't give up on him.

Ethan was overwhelmed when Thomas kept trapping him inside. He was a nervous wreck when Thomas pressed him against the door, but Ethan couldn't run away from Thomas no matter what.

After being so patient with all of his emotions towards Thomas, Ethan felt amazing when he could express them to Thomas, and kiss him after so long. It was like there was a beam of light shining at them, because Ethan felt like he was bathed in a heavenly aura that consumed him with positivity and fulfilment.

Several hours later in the day and Ethan was still reliving the intimate moment he shared with Thomas. He was currently at an important meeting about the security in the building being compromised, yet Ethan still wasn't able to pay any attention.

Ethan couldn't be paid a million dollars to concentrate on whatever Lewis was lecturing on about. He was nodding along to whatever Lewis was saying, wearing a smile that never left his face.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan was sitting at his desk as he forced himself to look through the system records. He still had a job to do as he had to put his investigative hat regarding the company's latest worrying development.

Harrison knocked on the door as he leaned against the wall in Ethan's office. "Hey Ethan, what you up to?"

Ethan paused logging in staff activity as he looked up at Harrison. "Just trying to find the infiltrator. We can't have them use staff login so that they can steal confidential information about our company."

"Enough about business..." Harrison closed the door behind him as he began to pry. "Did you make it home last night alright? We heard that you were in a rough state leaving the club."

Ethan scratched the back of his neck as he told Harrison, "Everything was fine."

"Uh huh..." Harrison folded his arms as he stood up straight. "You have a good February 15th?"

"Stop trying to make that date a thing!" Ethan laughed.

"Answer the question Mr Shelton..."

Ethan looked back at Harrison warily. "What's going on?"

Harrison was dramatic as he slowly took a seat in front of Ethan. Ethan didn't understand what was happening right now, but he was chuckling away at Harrison's theatrics.

"Kristen told me that you've been in a shit eating grin since you walked in this morning," Harrison told Ethan. "She sent me over to investigate because she's super nosey."

"So my sister wants to know about my sex life?"

Harrison's eyes widened when he heard how Ethan rephrased it. He had to laugh it off as he tried to defend his wife, "She's just noticed your change in mood recently. And we can also pretend you never said that last thing too by the way."

Ethan forced himself to contain all the excitement that was threatening to surface once again. He wasn't ready to showcase whatever thing he had with Thomas because it was so brand new, and Ethan wasn't willing to jeopardise something he desperately wanted for so long.

"I'm just surprised that my hangover disappeared," Ethan laughed. "My February 15th ended up being lonely, but everything worked out for the best."

Harrison seemed to accept that answer as he changed the topic. "You want to grab something to eat? We've got about 30 minutes until we're off the clock."

A smile sneaked onto Ethan's face when he explained, "Actually, I got stuff to do back home. Sorry Harrison."

Ethan was already packing his belongings as he soon turned his computer off. Ethan then fixed his hair using the desk mirror, and then he put his coat on afterwards.

Harrison noticed Ethan's skittish behaviour as he saw the other man move around the room with excitement. "Hot date?"

"No!" Ethan didn't mean to be immediately defensive as he felt like he was caught out already. Ethan was just feeling nervous because he knew Thomas was expecting him soon, and Ethan was looking forward to seeing him again. "Today's just been a long day, and I'm excited to go home."

As Ethan was escorting the both of them out of his office, they were stopped by Kristen along the way, who had an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm really sorry to do this to you both, but I need you to help finish going over the admin logs so that we can find who's responsible for the leak."

"You've got to be kidding me..." Ethan was unhappy with the idea of doing overtime. "Don't you have an entirely qualified team to do this for you?"

Kristen explained that she wanted to solve their company's issue as soon as possible. With the billion dollar company at stake from being spied upon, the CEO didn't want to risk anything else.

"But..." Ethan felt defeated as he understood the logic behind Kristen's reasoning. It was his family's business too, and Ethan rather fix the issue sooner than later.

But staying behind at the office meant that he was disappointing someone else. As much as Ethan wanted to go home, he had other responsibilities as he felt forced to let down Thomas. "Let me just make a phone call."

~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas was in the living room with a bottle of beer in his hand. He was channel hopping as he was trying to find something interesting to watch, but there was nothing good at 10pm.

Thomas was in the middle of eating his handful of popcorn when he heard the front door open. He turned his head slightly to see a tired Ethan dragging his feet inside, and lazily dropping his coat and bag onto the floor.

"Long day?" Thomas teased.

Ethan nodded his head as he fell onto the same couch Thomas was sitting on. He rested his feet on the coffee table as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. "My eyes hurt from looking at the computer screen for so long."

Thomas heard a loud stomach rumble from Ethan as he then asked, "You eaten yet?"

Ethan mumbled his answer as he began to rest his eyes for a little while. "No I kind of forgot. Everything was taking longer than I expected, and I kept not eating because I thought we would finish sooner."

"I'll order us food while you go shower." Thomas wiped his hands on his trousers as he brought his phone out. "You need to eat, and you kind of smell to be honest."

Ethan didn't even open his eyes when he blindly shoved Thomas. He was happy that Thomas seemed to be entertained, as Ethan felt like he could hear Thomas' smirk.

"I told you that you shouldn't have waited for me to eat." Ethan reminded Thomas.

"I know."

Ethan turned his head to see Thomas on his phone, probably ordering food for them both. He appreciated the sentiment of everything Thomas was doing for him, because he thought these little gestures were super sweet.

Taking care of him when he had a long day of work, and waiting for him to come home to eat together - those little things made Ethan's heart flutter.

Ethan gently kissed Thomas on the side of his face. He met Thomas' warm eyes as Ethan then ducked his head, now leaving the room so that he could go take a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas finishing washing the dishes as he then took the garbage out. Now leaving the kitchen, Thomas came back into the living room to join Ethan on the couch.

Thomas nursed his beer as he saw a sleepy Ethan slowly dozing off on the couch. He leaned over the back of the couch as he gently nudged Ethan's chest. "Hey."

Ethan frantically gained his bearings as he sat up slightly. He was rubbing the tiredness away from his eyes as he turned his head to see Thomas. "What's wrong?"

"You've got work tomorrow so you should probably go to sleep in your room." Thomas gently reminded Ethan as he could see how exhausted the other man was.

Ethan was nodding his head as he didn't have a reason to argue. "Yeah you're right. I'm heading up now."

Thomas made sure all the doors were locked as he then turned the lights off downstairs. He eventually made his way upstairs, and found Ethan waiting outside his room.

Ethan pointed his head towards his own bedroom when he suggested, "I'm not actually feeling tired anymore..."

Thomas snorted when Ethan immediately yawned afterwards. He didn't know why Ethan suddenly perked up so soon, but Thomas chose to go against his own hormones.

"I know you're pretty insatiable..." Thomas stepped closer to Ethan as they were now only a few inches away from each other. "But we don't need to rush this Ethan. We can take things slow."

"But-"

"Potentially being with a man is a new experience for you," Thomas interrupted as he reached for Ethan's hand. "And I think you need to process everything between us a little bit more."

Ethan had his own reasons on why he tried to push things with Thomas. Ethan kept them a secret as he let it stay in the dark.

"Okay Tommy, I'll try again tomorrow." Ethan laughed.

Thomas felt Ethan's hands gently fiddle with the edge of his t-shirt. The bodyguard knew that he was being toyed with, because he saw the suggestive smirk on Ethan's face. Thomas then grabbed a knowing Ethan's hands from doing anything further.

"Easy tiger," Thomas chuckled. "We have plenty of time to do all of that stuff, but 24 hours after a first kiss is too quick - even if you are a hound dog."

Ethan lifted their linked hands up so that Thomas had to place them on his shoulders. When Thomas got the memo of what Ethan was hinting at, he let go off Ethan's hand so that Ethan could wrap them around Thomas' head. That was when Ethan passionately kissed Thomas goodnight, by holding Thomas closely so that he could deepen the kiss.

Thomas had to stop if from going further as he felt Ethan was slowly dragging him to his bedroom. "I know that we are both enjoying this a lot, but you're kind of acting fishy now Ethan..."

Ethan avoided Thomas' eyes as he then let go off Thomas. "Sorry. I just... Never mind."

Thomas tilted his head slightly as he could see the inner conflict inside of Ethan. "What were you-"

Ethan gave Thomas a quick peck on the lips as he then left Thomas, "Night Tommy."

Thomas was left standing in the hallway as he watched Ethan disappear behind his bedroom door. Confusion was displayed all over Thomas' face after witnessing Ethan's change of moods, but he had to solve that mystery on another night because the night was now over.

==========

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.6K 12
PUBLISHED on Amazon! If you are interested in purchasing your own copy, you can find the links for Amazon (US, CA, MX, DE, FR, IT, ESP, JP, BR, AU, I...
214K 5.5K 43
[𝐌𝐱𝐌] "I want you, badly," he says with pleading eyes. "Oh yeah?" I cock an eyebrow. I watch as he swallows nervously, not knowing what my next w...
261K 8.5K 38
[LGBTQ+ Romance] #1 in teenage 1/10/22 #2 in teenagers 1/ 18/22 #2 in healer 1/10/2022 #3 in healer 1/14/2022 #7 in gay 1/12/2022 Presley Flint...
859K 38.3K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...