๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž

By pieceofklunk

โ๐ˆ ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. ๐€๐ญ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ, ๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง. ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๏ฟฝ... More

characters <3
Interruptions
Unexpected Arrival
Mysterious Girl
Drafts
Intimacy Exaggerated
Rose
Midnight Whispers
Reminiscence
Breakfast
Night Terrors
Surprise
Four Days
Heavenly Gestures
London Skies
Elysian
Under a Spell
Backstory
Unexpected Arrival Vol. 2
Sourires Envoรปtants
Separate Ways
Cathryn Lovell
Ruby Rodriguez
Clairence Thompson
Florence Fawn
Peaceful Slumber?
As For You Two
Idea
Pool of Diamonds
Escapade
Beau Nom
Wardrobe Stowaway
Pride and Prejudice
The Attic
Found
The Mersey Lullaby
Simpson's in the Strand
Children's Chatter
Alternative
The Devil's Tavern
For Fun
The Happy One
No Rules
Buttered Toddy
Headed Home
Quarrel
Little Bit of Cathryn
Little Bit of Florence
Little Bit of Ruby
Little Bit of Clair
The Fitzsimmons' Arrival
Scones
Evening
Backstabbing and Tragedy
The Spring Cotillion
Dance, Not a Brothel
Unraveling
Attractive Defiance
Tension
The Whole Story
Bittersweet
The Last Week
Parting Ways at Last
Alice in Wonderland
Mr. and Mrs. Fitzsimmon
Dear Florence
Engaged But Uncertain
Clair's Note

Hide n' Seek

20 0 0
By pieceofklunk

Clair was greeted with a bar devoid of either Ruby or Florence. He heaved a sigh and flung himself onto the bar stool. With dreary eyes he ordered scotch. Clair sat alone and drank. Apart from Cathryn, his family, his home, and Florence. The only one he was happy to be away from was Ruby, who conveniently showed up momentarily.

"Found your amoruex?" Ruby took a seat near him.

"lover?"

"Don't say that." Clair warned wearily.

"What, that she's your lover? It's evident you're in love with her Clair. You can't fool me." He answered cockily.

"I'm not in love with her, that would be horrific." Clair choked out.

"Oh please, you aren't even truly related, it's only frowned upon." Ruby rolled his eyes nonchalantly.

Clair jerked his head to face Ruby for once, a spark in his eye. Ruby actually understood, was almost defending his love for his step-sister. Then Clair watched as Ruby's face melted into a devious smile.

"I'm merely teasing you Clair." Ruby scoffed with a smirk.

"Where's Florence?" He asked confusedly.

"Running off somewhere, she can handle herself you know?" Ruby announced.

"I didn't mean it in that way. I've known her longer, I understand she's indepen-"

"Hardly any longer than myself, and you've got no right to think you know her better." He interjected cooly.

"I do." Clair answered firmly.

"I understand you've been seeing her."

"At night, I mean." Ruby added with a grin and raised eyebrow.

"I could see you from my window. God knows what you did to her." He exclaimed with just enough smile to infuriate Clair.

"I haven't done anything to her. Perhaps you shouldn't be spying on us from your window Ruby!" He shot back with pursed lips.

"Oh no, I shouldn't, but imagine how Cathryn would feel if she knew you've been sneaking off with her." Ruby allowed him a pitiful smile.

Suddenly, Cathryn herself appeared.

"Oh, how lovely! I've been caught amidst a petty dispute." She gave a groan and planted herself between the boys.

"I don't care what is is about, don't tell me." She tossed her head side to side.

"Now, where is Florence. I've got an idea and it requires all four of us." Her arms were crossed over her chest in defiance.

"Stay here." Cathryn set off into the crowd.

She returned dragging Florence behind her by the wrist. The two girls stood before them.

"Now, let us all go outside to hear my marvelous idea." She didn't wait for the other three to follow.

They did. Ruby, Florence, and Clair trailed out of the bar and into the fresh air. The moment they stepped out, the mischievous grin decorating Cathryn's face was enough to make Ruby sigh.

"Listen." Cathryn couldn't contain her giggles.

"We are going to play a game of hide n' seek." She paused for dramatic effect.

"In all of London." She scrunched up her shoulders and gave a clumsy twirl.

"Oh God, you're drunk." Ruby muttered with wide eyes.

Cathryn planted her feet mid spin. "I am not drunk!"

"Yes you are. Regardless of whether you are or not, I would still like to consider this idea." Ruby angled to face Clair and Florence as a satisfied smile grew on Cathryn's lips.

"All of London, are you mad?!" Florence exclaimed.

"No, just adventurous." Ruby grinned at her.

"What about just from here to Sir John Soane's museum?" Florence proposed reluctantly.

She pointed a finger at the tall spires ahead. "It's only about a two block span."

"This is absolute madness." Clair groaned.

"Doesn't matter. I'm counting. I'll give you awhile." Cathryn sung happily.

Florence gave a laugh and raced off towards the museum. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Clair spur off into an alley. Ruby was nowhere to be found. The roads were deserted except for a few people who gave the children confused glances. She continued bounding along the old streets, wind whipping through her hair and the largest smile imaginable plastered across her face. This  had to have been the most adventurous thing she'd ever done, and she realized that. Turning off onto the corner of the museum, she stashed hurled herself over a bush. Florence landed clumsily atop a tangled mass of limb. Her hand flew to her mouth as she stifled a shriek. Ruby's strong hands gripped her shoulders and shoved her down behind the bush. Slowly she uncovered her mouth, caught by surprise that she was with him yet again.

"You're in my spot." He huffed.

"How did you even get here before me?" Florence whispered in bewilderment.

"I went off to the right, I guess its faster" He shrugged.

"But, you're still in my spot." He added.

"Ruby, I'm not leaving. Cathryn has probably already begun searching." Florence complained.

"I was here first, go hind behind a streetlamp or something." He murmured frantically.

"No, I am not hiding behind a streetlamp."

"Go or I'll yell and reveal our-"

"My spot." Florence interjected with a grin.

"No, mine." He shot back.

"Hush or you're going to get us caught!"

"Not until you leave my spot!" Ruby pressed.

"Oh would you give up on it already!" Florence was flustered now.

"La femme est en colère." He muttered to the ground with a sigh.

"The woman is angry."

"Ruby, shut up!" She whisper shouted at him.

His hair was a tangled mess from where she had landed on him. It drooped over his eyes.

"Now that's quite unladylike of you."

"You do not get to tell me how to act." She announced.

"Fougueux."

"Feisty."

"You aren't nearly as humorous as you thi-"

"You want to kiss me right now, don't you?" He interrupted.

"Kiss you?" Florence staggered backwards in surprise.

"I mean, the flustered thing looks good on you." Ruby shrugged with a smirk.

"What?" She still couldn't process what he meant, but she didn't wait for an answer.

"Cathryn is going to be here soon." She whispered, her cheeks flushing red.

"You're right, although I wish she wouldn't be." Ruby dared to say.

Florence stayed silent. They crouched side by side as they awaited Cathryn. Florence heaving tight controlled breaths, keeping her eyes riveted on the leave directly in front of her. Ruby stole side glances at the girl, a coy smile upon his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 8K 39
"Well then, there must be a reason why you aren't able to keep your eyes off me in the market today, Miss Wellesley." He whispered in my ear, sending...
6.8K 237 9
Third and final addition to the 'Three Words Series' Naomi and Theo have grown in more ways than one. They've spent years apart but still together in...
1.4M 40.9K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...