I Would

By Roseyluv143

Moving into her own apartment was a big step for Lisa. She always had roommates so being alone was different... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Finale
Epilogue
New Book
New Book!
New Book!
New Book!
New Book!

Chapter 14

20.7K 1.1K 201
By Roseyluv143

It was late at night when Lisa was forcibly woken up by loud yelling from behind her wall. Originally, Lisa was going to use her ear plugs, but then she realized, the yelling was coming from Jennie's room. And the sound of Jennie's muffled shouting angrily along with Taehyung's loud voice completely woke up every fiber in Lisa's body.

"What the hell?" Lisa mumbled, shooting up and rushing towards her chair where her hoodie lay. As she was putting it on, she inched closer to her wall and then pressed her ear against it, hoping their argument wasn't too serious.

"It's not even like that!!"

"Really? Cause it sure looks that way!!"

Is what Lisa heard before she pulled her ear away. Her eyes were fixed at the plain, white walls as if she was hoping she would be able to see through and check on Jennie. Every bone in her body was forcing Lisa's limbs to move. They begged her to walk out of her own room and check on Jennie. But, that was just her curiosity getting the best of her.

It wasn't her business.

But then the slamming of a door was made that shook her own wall. She held her breath, waiting for the next move. And, maybe she shuddered in fear hearing loud, stomps outside of her room and maybe she let out a breath of relief when it simply passed by and just maybe Lisa waited till the elevator doors closed so she can go to Jennie's room.

With a trembling fist, Lisa softly knocked on Jennie's door. "Jennie?" Lisa called out timidly, not knowing of what to expect. She hoped to be met with a happy smile and sparkling eyes. Maybe even a warm, embrace.

But, never in her life would she imagine Jennie opening the door displaying sad, bloodshot eyes with tears pooling down and soaking her shirt. Never did Lisa ever think a beautiful girl like Jennie would ever hold such a heart wrenching frown. And never did Lisa ever want to see Jennie crying as hard as she was at this very moment. Body trembling and arms holding her own body as if it would remove every ache.

Lisa didn't even hesitate to enter Jennie's complex, nor did she care that she practically slammed Jennie's door. She was determined to hold Jennie as close as she could. But she knew a gentle approach was necessary.

Taking a small step closer, Lisa lifted her hand and placed it tenderly over Jennie's soaked cheeks. She swiped her thumb across, hoping to remove every single tear. Jennie was perfect and sweet, she doesn't deserve to feel broken. Lisa bent her head lower, trying to meet Jennie's feline eyes that stayed fixed on the floor.

"Look at me, Jen," Lisa's voice was soft. Softer than she has ever spoken. And, maybe her tone almost worked because Jennie took a step closer, bumping the tips of her feet against Lisa's, but her eyes remained down.

Lisa lifted her other hand and placed it on her other cheek. She swept away Jennie's tears with her thumb and then trailed her hand higher, trying to soother pinch of the skin between her eyebrows.

Seeing movement below, Lisa gazed down and smiled softly seeing Jennie's hands reaching forward and gripping onto the hem of her hoodie with trembling hands. She lifted her head and blew out a puff of air, absolutely hating Jennie's silence. Especially when she knew the smaller girl was holding everything in.

Leaning forward, Lisa brushed her lips over Jennie's cheeks, kissing her tears. She could feel Jennie's strength faltering as a whimper escaped her lips while her hands tightened around the soft fabric. Lisa trailed her lips higher, pressing a soft peck on the tip of Jennie's nose which caused the smaller one to let out small quiet giggle.

Lisa smiled at that before sliding her lips higher and pressing a soft, lingering kiss on Jennie's forehead. Jennie sighed deeply and leaned closer to Lisa's comforting warmth. And when Lisa spoke ever so lightly while also leaning her forehead against Jennie's, Jennie finally broke down.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." Not even a heart beat later, Jennie let out a tiny sob as she slammed her body against Lisa's. Arms wrapping tightly around her waist and face hidden in Lisa's neck, soaking the models neck with her endless tears. Lisa didn't care, however, all she cared about was taking every pain and throwing it to whoever made her Jennie cry.

"It's okay. I'm here, it's going to be okay," Lisa reassured, arms wrapped tightly around Jennie's shoulders, wanting to comfort her as much as possible. Jennie felt delicate, small and fragile. Who would ever want to make someone as wonderful as Jennie cry?

After a few minutes, Jennie's trembling eased and so did her sobs. They slowly turned to sniffling and soft whimpering. Lisa sighed, rubbing her hand up and down, tracing soothing circles. Jennie then slowly pulled her head back, staring at the soaked part of Lisa's hoodie and grimacing,

"I'm sorry," she whispered, lifting her own hand and wiping away her tears off of Lisa's neck, not noticing Lisa's own body shivering from the contact. It was probably for the best anyways. Lisa took a hold of both Jennie's hands, brining it down between them. Her thumb swiped over Jennie's knuckles,

"Don't apologize. The person that should be apologizing is the one who made you cry," Lisa didn't mean to sound so mad, but she did. Her cold tone instantly made Jennie lift her head up to finally look at Lisa. And when she did, she giggled. She let go of one of Lisa's hand and brought it up to play with Lisa's hair.

"You just woke up, didn't you?" Jennie asked, brushing her fingers lightly through her bangs. If it were any other person, Lisa would've punched them square in the nose. But this was Jennie and Jennie deserved a kiss rather than a hit. Lisa playfully grinned, letting go of Jennie's other hand to cross her arms over her chest,

"Did my drool gave it away? Or was it my swollen eyes?" Lisa teased knowing all too well that it was definitely her nappy hair. She would've felt embarrassed but then Jennie graced her with a soft laugh and pressed her forehead against Lisa's shoulder.

"You're ridiculous," Jennie mumbled out, pulling back and smiling a softer, real appreciative smile. But her eyes still held some type of sadness, some type of confusion. Lisa frowned slightly, brushing Jennie's hair away from her cheeks,

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked quietly. And then, Jennie looked down and Lisa had never hated a question so much in her life. She was quick to say, "We don't have to if you don't want to—!"

"Tae and I had a fight."

Fucker.

Lisa decided to remain quiet, wanting to show Jennie that she was listening and based off the way Jennie slowly met her eyes again and the small thankful smile, her action was deeply appreciated. The brunette took a hold of Lisa's hand and guided them to her couch. They sat down and Jennie instantly leaned her head against Lisa's shoulder.

"I told him about going with you to Thailand and he completely flipped. Accused me of feelings things and ruining what he planned for us next week and ugh!" Jennie groaned, grabbing Lisa's arm and holding it tightly. "When did things get so complicated."

Now, Lisa felt guilty. Not because she was somewhat the reason for their fight, but because she was happy that Jennie was annoyed with Taehyung. Made her feel selfish.

But, that wasn't Lisa. Lisa could never force a break up upon anybody deliberately. Her actions with Jennie may say otherwise but those actions happen naturally and not forcibly.

Since the very first day Lisa met Jennie, she felt a strange pull. And, the longer she had known Jennie, the more she realized that everything about the pretty brunette felt and was right.

Destiny? She sure hoped so. Soulmates? might be a stretch but Lisa didn't mind the idea of Jennie being her forever partner. Platonic or not, Lisa knew Jennie was meant to be in her life. But, for now, she will be okay with being the only one to realize it.

Lisa didn't mind waiting.

"You don't have to come."

Jennie stiffened and Lisa held her breath as the brunette slowly lifted her head up, burning holes through the side of Lisa's face, as if telling her to look back. Lisa tried shifting away but Jennie only held her arm tighter.

With a soft sigh, Lisa quietly spoke again, "I don't think a last minute trip should ruin a relationship. I don't believe it's worth it at all." Jennie sighed, sliding her hand down Lisa's tensed arms. Her fingers grazed against Lisa's knuckles. Since when did she clench them?

"Lisa.."

Lisa shook her head, "It was my fault you guys fought. I invited you without asking if you were available. If I didn't invite you, you probably would have a better night filled with romance, rather than a shouting match. You probably would be laughing right now too and—."

"Lisa. Look at me." Her cold sharp tone had Lisa shutting her mouth and shuddering in fear. It was like being scolded by a mother. Slowly and fearfully, Lisa turned her face and almost squealed from the intense stare she was given. She swallowed harshly and opened her mouth to apologize but Jennie instantly spoke up, tone still as sharp as ever.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Something in Jennie's eye told Lisa that if she said no, Lisa would regret it immensely. She hesitantly nodded, averting her eyes down to the hand that Jennie still held,

"Yeah, but--."

"Then it's settled. I'm going with you." Lisa whipped her head to Jennie and gaped. Why was her tone so casual and clear as if the fight she previously had never happened? Jennie smiled, giggling and placing Lisa's hair behind her reddened ear,

"I'm going with you because I want to go with you Lis. And I hope you're as excited as I am that we will be going to Thailand together." Her voice was so soft and sweet that it had Lisa's heart blushing as well.

Together. That word never sounded so beautiful coming out of Jennie's pretty lips.

I wish I had the right to kiss her.

And, when Lisa grinned and scooted back closer to Jennie, Jennie practically melted against her side as she sighed in relief, gripping Lisa's hands tighter than before.

Her smile looked smug, as if she knew she won the battle and as if she knew she would win every single battle. And maybe Lisa was okay with that, especially when it would most likely earn her the sight of Jennie's gummy smile.

"I'm just as excited as you, Jen. Maybe even more. But, if you ever feel like going back home, or if you're ever uncomfortable, promise me you will tell me," Lisa urged. The one thing she'd never want is for Jennie to feel uncomfortable, especially when she was the reason. Lisa would never want that. Jennie smiled,

"I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 42.3K 55
She showed her how to fall in love and break her cold demeanor. She once felt nothing as she tried to break the memory of her own past. She once wa...
649K 17.4K 14
"I'm so sick of this jenlisa ordeal! When will they realize that it'll never happen! The thought of that makes me so uncomfortable!" -Jennie "Honey...
50.7K 1.2K 27
I didn't notice her before...but now I do. The shiny strands her silky brown hair. Tiny crinkles between her eyebrows when she frowns. Her passion fo...
59.7K 2.6K 14
Lisa met the most beautiful girl she had ever seen in a coffee shop. She feels an instant connection with her but is too afraid to tell her how she f...