The Perfect Luna

By skylar_hopeee

Book Three of the Moon Goddess Series. Effyía's story. Hazel, daughter of a powerful Alpha, grew up trained t... More

The Perfect Luna
stupid party
a spontaneous escape
unrestful days
it wasn't drugged
closed chapter
playing house
breakfast confusion
a face to the name
Luna Flumine
so it starts
got me psycho
i lost
make it stop
moon warrior
thinking thoughts
childhood ghosts
suzy's intervention
a weird situation
by the sea
nothing but sunny days
please dont end
and we're back
keeping with the times
a glimpse of her
joyous celebration
faded colour
what's happening
needing you the most
gone
a little bit of relief
a falling apart
q & a
now here we are
it's rather cold
a walk to the past
maybe just maybe
where it began
be it resolved
author's note
author's note

a long road

23K 975 66
By skylar_hopeee

The drive to Luna Flumine was going to be long. In total, we would be on the road for six hours.

I was surprised when it was only Archer and I on the car. I thought Allan would be driving at least, but I guess not.

For the past three hours, the only sounds in the car was the music from the radio.

Sometimes, Archer asked when I was fine whenever I kept my eyes outside the window.

"I'm fine, I just miss my mom." was all I would answer to his question.

In truth, a lot of thoughts raced in my mind of what would happen once I arrive in his pack.

I wonder if people will accept me, what if they don't like me?

I didn't know anyone from his pack and that sort of worries me.

"Does your pack know you found your mate?" I ask him finally, but I was careful not to show that I was nervous.

He took off his eyes on the road to meet mine and if I was the one driving, I could guarantee that I would have already crashed the car.

"They do, but they don't know that she ran away when we first met." he says again mentioning the first night that we met.

I breathed out loudly. This guy is not letting that go, isn't he.

"I had my reasons, okay?" I say and cross my arms, now looking straight ahead. I heard him chuckle as if he found it amusing.

"And what would they be?"

I looked back at him and observed him for a bit before answering. "We're not close yet so I'm not telling."

To that, he only nodded.

Silence reigned again but it didn't take long for it to be broken again.

"You know, I remember now. Where we first met." he says slowly.

This caused me to raise an eyebrow at him. Did he want me to congratulate him?

"Took you long enough." I whispered under my breath, but I'm sure he heard me.

I saw him smile, a small one, before continuing his story. "You're Chase's friend right? I remember he would tell me of the crazy pranks and stunts you would pull on him and other people."

I gasped ever so slightly.

How dare Chase talk smack about me to other people?

If I remember right, I clearly instructed him to say only good things about me whenever I asked. That guy will definitely get it from me when I meet him again.

"Rumours are rumours." I defend myself. I keep my eyes at him. "Besides, you're not the only one who has heard things. I've heard many things about you." I say with meaning.

I was trying to incite that I've heard a lot of things about him and amongst many of those things was a mention of a girl's name that I did not want to utter.

I'm not sure if he understood what I was trying to say because he didn't answer me. Instead, he only bobbed his head up and down.

"Get some sleep, we'll be there in four hours." was all he said.

Disappointed, I turned away choosing to watched the scenery until I fell asleep.

"Effyía"

My eyes opened wide at the utter of the name.

I breathed heavily when I realized that I was still inside a car and it was still running. I look beside me and found Archer who looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I frantically nod and calmed myself.

I dreamed something, but I can't remember exactly what.

All I know is that I've been uttering that name for a while now. Does it mean anything? I'm not too sure.

"Where are we?" I ask, trying to change the subject and trying to forget the annoyance of the forgotten dream.

"You woke up right on time, we're here." he announced.

Just as he said that, I noticed a barrier from afar. I could feel how strong it was and that made me realize that Luna Flumine really was a strong pack.

To have created a pack barrier that camouflages a whole territory, to hide its scent and traces, that's damn impressive.

The only other packs I've seen with this kind of barrier is Chase's pack as well as the Council territory.

I watched as the barrier weakened as the series of car passed through, but as soon as the last car entered, it was back.

My nervousness shot up when I realized I was going to be meeting a whole lot of different people and these people will be the ones I will be living with for a long time.

After another ten minutes, I saw the already opened gate and we all go through. As we drove through the pack, people seemed to have recognized that their Alpha is in one of them so they stopped and gave a quick bow as we passed by and then continuing to their business.

I've heard that this pack was big, but wow. I mean, our pack is considered big too, but this pack is probably twice the size of my pack.

I could already see the shops and centres at one part, the training areas at another and many more. I already feel excited at the thought of exploring the place.

From afar, I see a big edifice and I quickly understood that it was the pack house. Even their pack house is grande.

Now I understood even more why they had a lot of enemies. If I was an enemy pack, I would want to invade this too.

There were a few people lined up in front, more than a dozen. I'm guessing that they are the pack's leaders.

I waited until Archer stopped the car to calm myself down again. He got out first and as I was going to get out, he opened the door from outside first.

He extended his hand and I took it. After I got out of the car, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I guess Archer was going to let go of my hand, but I didn't let him.

I tightened my grip on him and I was thankful that he let me although I was sure that the electrocuting sparks probably bothered him.

"Do you think they're going to like me?" I ask Archer out of nervousness. He looked at me for a bit and laughed.

"You're really worried about that?" he says as if it was ridiculous of me to even ask. He might've thought that his pack was going to like me instantly, but what if they don't?

I bit my lip nervously.

All the people from the others cars that had already gotten out also lined up with those who were already there and when we arrived in front of the group, they all bowed their heads.

"Welcome back, Alpha." someone said and stepped out from the group.

Archer nodded and they all raised their heads back up.

"Thank you for being here everyone. Today, there's someone I would like you all to meet." he says and looks at me. "This is Hazel from Aeternum, she is my mate. We will hold the ceremony for the Luna within the coming weeks."

Everyone's eyes were again all on me and I struggled to keep my smile. Some were eyeing me curiously, some were smiling at me and some had a look of amazement.

Archer said a few more things about the ceremonies that were gonna take place and that the people in front of me were going to be the ones who will prepare for it.

"Well then, we will have Hazel settle in and rest first before I introduce her to all of you. You are all dismissed." Archer said and everyone bowed briefly before leaving.

Some were slow to leave as they were still looking curiously at me and all I could do was to spare them a wave.

Then, the man who greeted us and stepped up earlier, came to us again. Allan was no also beside us. "So, is this the unlucky mate?" he asks and looks at me.

"Derek, this is Hazel. Hazel, Derek, Luna Flumine's Gamma." Archer said drily, ignoring his comment.

"Nice to meet you." I say and smile towards him.

"Likewise. Now, are you coming inside the pack house first or are you going to your own residence?"

Own residence?

I turned to Archer beside me. 

"We're going home. Here." Archer tells Derek and tosses the car keys at him. 

Archer doesn't live at the pack house?

I only noticed that we were still hands when he pulled me, walking elsewhere. I tried letting go, but this time he was the one who kept holding on.

That made me sort of smile.

A/N: stream lovesick girls by BLACKPINK y'all 🖤💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

759K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
884K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
461K 11.5K 16
Melody Russell is the daughter of an Alpha and the great grandchild of the moon goddess, however, after the death of her parents by rogues when she w...
63.4K 1.7K 22
Aaliyah comes into contact with the werewolf universe when all her life she had thought it was a fairytale but it isn't since she's mated to two powe...