Blackout

By EllieKay394

What happens after Lindsey gets possessed by Darkness? The balance between good and evil is at stake. How fa... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
A/N

~15~

591 16 1
By EllieKay394

The ride back to Ninjago was becoming super bumpy and we were losing control of the ship. It was holding up perfectly fine up until now. The closer we were getting to orbit, the more the pressure was becoming too much to handle. We also notice that our spacecraft was becoming hotter and hotter, almost to an unbearable degree. I wonder if it was catching fire the same way the cargo hold did when the nindroids released it from the rocket.

"Hold on, we're almost there!" Cole says

The lights started flickering and I notice the wires connected to Zane were appearing to be going into overdrive.

And I was right.

Zane groans in pain, "my power source has reached critical mass. It appears my unlimited energy is in fact limited."

"Critical mass?" Jay questions, but then gasps and asks frantically, "like it's gonna blow up?!"

"Don't worry about me, I must use my power to hold our vessel together." Zane says and keeps the wires where they're at.

"No way, Zane!" I shriek

"You don't get to sacrifice yourself for us." Kai says

Zane is the most noble out of all of us. He's always ready and willing to put his life on the line to save us, but Kai's right, we're not letting him destroy himself for our sakes.

"He doesn't have to." Lloyd says, "we're entering the atmosphere, we're now gonna have air."

"Does that mean we're gonna a blow up?!" Jay asks wildly

"No listen. With just enough air, we can now support our elemental shields."

"Let's try, guys!" Cole says

Zane unplugs his power source and the whole ship loses power instantly. We feel in start to drop and lose control, the heat becoming even hotter. Lloyd was right, it was a enough air for them to make their shields. My brother pulls me over to him and puts me inside his green orb at the same time our makeshift rocket becomes a full on fireball and blows up.

"That was waaay too close for comfort."

The 5 made their elemental orbs and we reenter Ninjago. I've gotta say that I'm super relieved to be back on earth. Space was a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience and I couldn't be more thrilled that it's over!

"I hate to bring this up now," Cole shouts over to us, "but parachutes would've come in handy."

He's right. At the speed we're falling, it'll be pretty hard for them to just stop mid-drop.

But Kai points down below us, bringing something to our attention, "friends and family make a good substitute."

Beneath us are Nya, Garmadon, Wu. Along with Pixal who's voice comes through the intercom, "coordinating catch. Be on the lookout. Kai, go for 52 degrees north, 12 east."

I'm terrible with directions so that made no sense to me, but Kai seemed to understand because he directs his shield away from us and towards his upcoming fire jet.

Zane's her came up next, he went to is without any directions at all. Probably sensed it in all honesty. Then Pixal directs Jay to his car and Cole to is mech. Once all of them are in their vehicles, Lloyd dismisses his energy shield and creates his motorcycle to catch the 2 of us.

"Welcome home, Ninja." Wu says happily

We have to get to the city as fast as we can. We need to stop Darkness before she absorbs the Overlord... so I know what we have to do, I just don't know how we're going to do it. I have no idea how I can absorb her again... or if I even want to. It's not like it worked out so well the first time.

"I have the city in my sights." Zane says as we drive towards our destination. It comes into view fairly quick, but it's defiantly changed dramatically.

"City?" Jay asks skeptically, "that's not a city, that's an impenetrable fortress."

He's not wrong. It doesn't look like New Ninjago City anymore. The buildings are way bigger than normal, taller and more compressed together, trying to keep us out. They're all lit up with a purple glow, probably from the Overlord still in control of the system... unless he isn't anymore? He has a physical form now, doesn't he? He's not in the digiverse anymore. So I guess the system is just under Darkness' control because she's the one in charge of the nindroids.

"If we don't stop Darkness in time, she will become the Golden Master, containing all the power of the First Spinjitzu Master." Garmadon says

Suddenly all the video cameras on each of our vehicles comes to life and Dr. Borge's face shows on the screen, "ninja, if you get this message, I've managed to escape and have found refuge within the Temple of Fortitude here in the city."

"The Temple of Fortitude? That was leftover from the Stone Wars. The Overlord used it as a stronghold against the power of the First Spinjitzu Master. Most likely Darkness as well." Wu explains us

"It has a sacred seal of protection that can resist the Golden Power. Very clever." Garmadon adds

Then the video continues, "if you can make it here alive, I think I have a device that can defeat the Overlord. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas about to do in regards to Darkness." Borge says

"Then we have to get to the Temple." Lloyd instructs, "if we can at least take care of the Overlord, then we can handle Darkness later."

"Plus if we take him out, she won't be able to finish her true form." I say

"Sounds like a plan!"

"Let's do it!"

We all race towards the city and I have a brief moment to look at my reflection in the side mirrors on Lloyd's bike. My eyes don't the purple ring around them anymore, they're back to their normal bright green. My hair doesn't have the purple or teal streak in the front anymore and my skin isn't as abnormally pale. The bags under my eyes are still unnaturally prominent, but that's because I still haven't been able to sleep. It's not like we've had a chance to anyway. I don't feel as cold, my lips and fingers are no longer blue, but I still feel this uncontrollable chill throughout my body and I don't know the reason for it.

But there's no time to figure it out now, We have more pressing matters. So I put it to the back of my mind.

I think on some level Darkness knows we're coming because the city starts to grow even more, the skyscrapers reaching to unthinkable heights. The buildings still being smashed together closer than they were capable of. It was looking like at any moment they would crumble under their own weight.

"Kai, Nya and Zane, take the high road. The rest of us, we'll make our own road." Lloyd directs

Lloyd steers his motorcycle to drive through a broken window. We drive through the inside of an abandoned office, the people fleeing at some point from the Overlord and Darkness. We exit through the other side of the building into the streets of Ninjago. The other ninja getting inside their own way, meeting us here as well.

The city is full of people trying to escape the city, running from the approaching nindroid army. But I've gotta say that I wasn't expecting to see the Overlord like this.

He's huge! His height dwarfs all in comparison. The machine he rides in looks like an enormous spider, the long artificial limbs being controlled by the panel inside the machine, were firing something shiny and gold around the city. The golden strings appear to have the consistency of spider webs, which I guess makes sense, but why base this whole design off of a spider in the first place. However, the most important thing about this terrifying creation was that I've seen it before. This is the invention I barely saw in Darkness' head before she stopped possessing me. In her plan, she's the one controlling this device, so where is she?

But her location isn't important right now. What matters is the fact that Overlord has spotted us and is making his way over. We all split off into different directions to avoid his attacks, all marking the Temple as our final destination, but helping as many citizens along the way.

Nya flew off somewhere in her Samurai mech, assisting the people, "2 down and moving onward to the-" But her voice cuts out.

"Nya, you okay?" Kai's voices come through our headsets. When he doesn't get a response he asks a little more worriedly, "Nya, what happened? Can you hear me?" But still nothing.

Zane did a scan of her tracker to pinpoint her location, "I have her coordinates, she's on the corner of Bradley Boulevard. The area is swarming with nindroids."

"I'm going after her." Kai says

"We'll all help. You'll need help if the place is over run." Cole adds

We switch our direction away from the Temple and head towards the place Zane leads us, "everyone else head to the Temple." Lloyd says through the radio to Garmadon, Wu and Pixal.

We all meet up a few blocks away from Nya's location, when an explosion goes off and sends all of us flying out of our vehicles. We tumble, hitting the hard pavement. My ears are filled with the pained grumbles of the others as well as my own.

The ground shakes around us and the force of something enormous landing next to us, bounces us briefly into the air. It causes me the flip from my stomach to my back, and I gotta say that I am not happy with finding out the reason.

The Overlord towers above us in his, or Darkness' I guess, new mech Cyrus Borge built.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the famous ninja. did you have time for a meet-and-greet?" His raspy voice, comes out loud and echoey around the alleyway, followed by a high pitched, wheezing laugh, just as amplified.

"If his voice is high pitched enough to come out this amplified, I can only imagine how horrific Darkness' would be. Probably be enough to make our ears bleed."

He looms over us, sneering viscously, "What? No time for a meet-and-greet? Then time to clear out the alleyway." He laughs and starts doing Spinjitzu. It's the biggest one over ever seen, shining a bright gold, and seeing how it has to encase both him and the spider machine, I can't say I'm too surprised. I am a little surprised to see how wobbly it was, he almost looked like a spinning top. It is huge though, so who am I to judge? It's probably hard to control. But either way, I don't want to stick around for the outcome.

"Change of plans, guys. Run!" Lloyd shouts and we barely have enough time to stand up and move out of the way before his golden tornado tramples the spots we were just occupying.

We sprint up the street, avoiding the abandoned cars and wreckage left from the attack in the city. His Spinjitzu was sucking up all of the debris laying around us, including the ninjas vehicles, making his tornado even bigger.

"What about Nya?" Jay gasps out in between breaths.

"She'll be okay. She can handle herself for the time being." Kai responds.

We bolt around the city streets until we see the Temple of Fortitude up ahead of us. Wu and Garmadon standing in the doorway, waiting for us.

The Overlord was getting a little too close for comfort, but as soon as he's about to be on top of us, we run through the archway and on the path to the Temple steps, all of us well inside its boarders.

We all zoom past the 2 sensei and they slam the doors shut as soon as Lloyd comes in, taking up the rear.

"Activate the shield!" Wu yells

Now that was way too close for comfort! As soon as the shield bubbles around the Temple grounds, the Overlord collides with the orb. He was just about to get through, but thank the First Spinjitzu Master, the force field still works.

The Overlord screams in frustration and orders the nindroid army so shoot at the force field. Even with all of the power in the Temple to keep golden energy out, the force of the attack was still managing to shake the whole room. The shield wouldn't last for long.

We all go over to Cyrus Borge and Pixal, "you said you had a weapon that could stop him?" My brother asks, cutting right to the chase.

"I do, it's my most protective secret." He says happily and pushes a button on the floor.

A hatchway opens up, the floorboards sliding to the side as a podium rises up. Sitting on top is a black case with about a million locks.

"It is well protected."

"What is it?!"

Borge moves his wheelchair over to the box and uses a tool to unlock it. A bunch of various lifts on the case pop open.

"Is it an ancient curse?"

"I say, fire power!"

"I hope it rocks."

The ninja continue their guessing game as the final seal opens up, that's when Jay gets even move into it, "is it dangerous? Is it alive? Does it come with a manual? Is it a- a- a pill?!" He shrieks as Cyrus takes out a small silver pill.

"Well, I gotta say that was the last thing I was expecting." I say

"Not just any pill, a nano pill." The scientist says proudly, holding it up for all to see, "for all of time, scientists have been searching for the holy grail of inventions. A diet pill that actually works!"

All of us stare him in disbelief, but the moment goes by quickly as another attack from outside shakes the building.

"So let me get this straight. We get back from outer space, fight our way here through moving buildings and nindroids and the Overlord, who by the way now, is of astronomical size! Just to have you tell us to give him a pill?!" I screech

Everyone looks at me in shock over my out burst. I don't normally get super loud like that, but can you blame me? This is not what I was expecting in the slightest! How is a diet pill going to stop the Overlord, thus stopping Darkness? Answer: it's not!

Only Dr. Borge appears unphased. In fact, he looks thrilled, "Precisely!" He says excitedly

I look at him completely dumbfounded, "ooh my First Spinjitzu Master, we are going to die in this Temple." I grumble, rubbing my hands down my face and then resting my hands under my chin.

"Come on, Linds, where's your optimism?" Lloyd asks

"It never existed." I say blankly, "I thought he knew this."

"I think the nano pill be of more use than you're thinking." Garmadon says, "but tell me Borge, does it really work?"

"No, but the nanotechnology inside has an adverse effect." The scientist explains, "it not only shrinks your waistline, but miniaturizes you as well."

"You made a shrinking pill?" Zane asks

"Okay, that sounds a little more promising." Kai says

"Promising?! We still have to figure out how to get that thing to him and get him to swallow it! How in the world are we supposed to do that?! He's too ridiculously huge!" Jay explodes with one of his famous freak out moments.

I'm surprised I had mine first.

I think everyone was sharing my... and Jay's, apparently, skepticism. This is only half a plan. Yes shrinking the Overlord would stop him, making it meaningless and a waist of time for Darkness to absorb him, but how exactly are we gonna get this nano pill to him?

Garmadon smiles and turns to Uncle Wu, "brother, do you remember when both of us were on the same team?"

"Yes, because this is what's important right now!"

"Uh hey, old timers, mind paying attention? We're trying to save the world here?" Jay asks, continuing his outbursts.

"Yeah, and you panicking was being a really big help." Cole says

But the Senseis ignore our conversation and continue with their own, "you're right, brother, on the playground when we were kids. Templegate Tigers."

"To quote Jay, "What are they blabbing about"?!"

"I threw a mean curve ball, and tour stick could thread the needle. We never lost." Garmadon finishes happily.

"So true." Wu says to his brother, then addresses the rest of us, "get us close, ninja, and we'll give the Overlord his medicine."

"Alright, they have some sort of plan... I still don't like the sound of this, but I don't have any other suggestions. So, what the hey, right?"

"Okay, but there's still the matter of us getting to the Overlord without being destroyed by his golden energy." Kai says

"Which is why we also have these." Borge says and indicates to Stone Warrior statues around the Temple, "stone armor made by the Overlord himself. Designed to resist the First Spinjitzu Master's golden power. It should have the same effect on all of you."

No point in arguing, the 6 of us collect the armor from the statues.

Zane grabs his and gets into a conversation with Pixal. I couldn't hear it, but I'm pretty sure he wanted her to take he armor instead. Knowing Zane, it wouldn't shock me. Whether that was the conversation or not, Zane ends up putting it on himself along with the rest of us.

And talk about timing because that's when the shield finally breaks, the enemy about to get inside. But a vehicle drives up and start blasting them away. It's Nya and she's taken one of their machines.

"Go get 'em, ninja!" She shouts happily to us.

The armor really did work wonders. We were able to breeze through the nindroid army and past any golden energy without a problem, creating a clear path for the Senseis.

The Overlord wasn't by the Temple anymore, now we just had to find him in the city... shouldn't be too hard, he's like 50 ft tall! Maybe... I actually have no idea how tall he is, but he's big.

We sprint across the roofs for a better view of the city and finally find the enemy by Borge Industries.

"Shocker!"

The real surprise was to see him perched in the center of a giant golden spiderweb, big enough to cover 10 surrounding buildings. Again, last thing I was expecting.

Knowing the armor is proving to be effective, none of us hesitate to run across the thick golden wires, heaving our way through the complicated design to the Overlord.

"Keep going. We have to take the heat of the Senseis." Jay shouts

Upon seeing us running freely through the webbing, actually breaking a few, the Overlord strikes in frustration, "my powers! They aren't working! Darkness, what's going on?"

"So Darkness is near by."

We all break through the surrounding web and get to the final few buildings, destroying the web just as easily.

"Darkness!" He screams

We get to the last building in front of Borge Tower and stand on the roof, ready to confront him, when Darkness finally makes an appearance.

She casually walks out onto the roof of Borge Industries, eye level with the Overlord. Pythor slithering close behind her.

"Yes? What is it, sweetheart?" Her voice comes out sing song, it's so annoying.

"What's going on?! You said this machine would give me more control over the golden weapons, but it's done nothing but slow me down." he snaps

"That was him slowed down?!"

She taps her finger on her chin, slightly pouty lip with furrowed eyebrows, "you don't like your gift?" She asks

The Overlord slowly turns his head and stares intensely on Darkness, "what did you do?"

She responds with turning her face into a horrific sneer.

"What did you do?!" He asks again

At this point, she drops the sickly sweet, sing song act and her voice goes back to its normal high pitch shrill that it is.

"Oh please, you really thought that I was just gonna give you the golden power? How stupid can you possibly get?"

His eyes fill with rage, but he doesn't talk, she cuts him off before he can, "you did a wonderful job, don't get me wrong. But you were always a... how do you say? Means to an end?"

"What are you talking about?!"

"You're not strong enough to control the golden energy, you've never been! I just needed you to take it in. This machine was designed specifically to enhance golden power, but if you can't contain it, it have the adverse effect. You were never going to the Golden Master, that's my job!"

"You were playing me?!" He yells in realization.

She rolls her eyes and shrugs her shoulders very exaggeratedly, "yes!" She shrieks like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Pythor laughs evilly under his breath, very amused by the situation.

"We need to act now, while they're distracted." Cole whispers to us, snapping me out of my daze. I was too caught up in their feud, but I guess I'm not the only one.

We all creep along the golden wires, getting into position for the Senseis to use their attack. But I'm still too engaged with the enemies conversation.

"I would like to thank you for all of your hard work, it was truly appreciated, but you're done now. You've served your purpose."

The Overlord was clearly becoming nervous, but trying his best to hide it, not wanting to give her the satisfaction, "what are you going to do to me?"

"Oh don't worry, you'll still be apart of my master plan, you'll just be helping from the inside."

"What does that mean?!" His voice becoming more frantic.

Her purple eyes light up with malice and hatred as she walks up to the edge of the roof.

"It's seriously now or never, guys." Kai whispers

"How? He's distracted, not even facing us." Jay says

"And if we get his attention, he'll not only be able to get prepared for an attack, but we'll gain the attention of Darkness as well." Zane adds

But I guess in the end it didn't matter because we never got to go in for an attack. Darkness' voice grabs our attention again, "don't worry, sweetheart, it's gonna be alright."

Darkness holds her hands in front of her and pulls the dark energy from the Overlord towards her, similar to what I did when I absorbed her.

The Overlord shrieks and struggles to get away from her, but his form becomes nothing but black smoke. The smoke reaches her fingertips and starts entering her. The more she took in, the bigger she became, slowly matching the Overlord's height. Contrary wise, the more she took from the Overlord, the smaller he became, the air around us echoing with his tormented screams.

This is bringing back unwanted memories. I know she's absorbing his dark energy because she wants to, as opposed to what I had to do, but the very thought of it is uncomfortable.

"You can't do this to me!" The Overlord yells in resistance, "NO!!" He screams

And that's the last thing he ever says. His form, nothing but smoke as Darkness takes in the last of his energy.

My mouth drops open and I stare completely frozen. I guess the others are the same as I am. No ones focusing on the plan right now.

With the Overlord's dark energy finally consumed, all that was remaining was the golden power.

I can't believe I didn't notice it right away, it's so obvious. Floating above the spider mech is a ball of Golden energy. You could practically see the power emanating off of it.

"We can't let her get the golden power!" Wu orders us and it's enough to snap us all out of our daze.

"He's right. We already failed to stop her from absorbing the Overlord, we can let her succeed now." Cole says

"We need to use the pill on her." Kai says

"Will that even work?" Jay asks skeptically

"It's worth a shot."

"We need to act before she can get to the golden power." Garmadon says

We climb around more of the webbing, using the stone armors to create a clear path for the Senseis, as she makes her way over to the golden light.

She has the energy in her grasps, laughing maniacally, readying herself for the final transfer.

Garmadon jumps down to a lower web, using it bounce to suspend him further in the air as Uncle Wu follows behind. Garmadon launches Wu even further up and throws the pill towards him. In midair, Sensei uses his staff to catapult the pill towards Darkness.

It seems to fly at her in slow motion, I wish it would hurry up. We're lucky that she too busy evil laughing to pay attention to us. Not to mention that fact that it keeps her mouth wide open.

The pill is inches away from her when she finally notices it, her laughter becoming a confused gasp, still leaving her wide open.

But none of us were expecting what happens next.

Pythor comes out of nowhere and jumps in front of her, swallowing the pill before it can be consumed by her

He lands on the roof of Borge Tower and the pill takes effect, quickly shrinking him instantly. His screams are soon unheard by his sheer size as he vanishes from our sights, becoming the size of a mouse.

"Well, at least we know the pill works..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880 97 26
The ninja are back for another action-packed adventure! Dive into the sequel to Darkness from Within for a world of new characters, new twists, and n...
19.2K 458 22
[𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙!] The Sons of Garmadon are old news....or are they? The ninja set off on a fresh mission to explore a bundle of mysterious event...
64.3K 1.1K 32
When Lloyd is faced with his inner demons, will Nya help him see the light? Or will Lloyd succumb to the darkness that lies within. This story takes...
3.8K 97 10
The ninja finally defeats Lord Garmadon and Lloyd gets his dad back. Everyone is happy again, but the darkness that was in Garmadon finds its way to...