Luminous Fire

By SaucyOneCurious

Cristian meets Xavier in an art class, they become friends, they get married, they start a family; a journey... More

Warning-Letting You Know!
1. Painting
2. Brewing
3. In-Between
4. Congratulations
5. Jagged
6. Expectations
7. Adventure
8. Family
9. Friends
10. Dates
12. New Year
13. Friendship
14. Swimming
15. Unforeseen
16. Developments
17. Encore
18. Continuance
19. Extension
20. Echo
21. Gladsome
22. Memories
23. Games
24. News
25. Fun Times
26. Changes
27. A Dose
28. Continuation
29. Determined
30. Resolute
31. Masquerade
32. Crossroads
33. Turmoil
34. New Life
35. Loudest Silence
36. Grieve
37. Butterflies
38. Insight
39. Giddy
40. Portrait
41. Epilogue
The Maze

11. Together

441 21 9
By SaucyOneCurious

Enjoy! :)

--------------------

“Where is Angel and Celestine?” Xavier says. “Hmm, I wonder if they’re in here.” He says as I hear him open the closet.

They are playing hide and seek while I finish putting the final touches to the meal. Our friends and family should be arriving in a hour or so.

“Where could they be? Maybe the monster got them.” He says. 

Giggling is heard from down the hall. It must be coming from Celestine. Angel chose to hide in the kitchen in one of the cabinets unknown to Xavier. I don’t know how he likes being in that close space. I will need to end the game soon if he doesn’t find them. They need to change.

I hear, Celestine exclaim,  “You found me dad!” 

“Yes, no one ate you.” Xavier responds. “Do you want to help me find your brother?”

“Yes!” Celestine responds.

“Okay, let’s go.”

“If you don’t find him soon I’m going to end the game. The twins need to change.” I say as I hear them near the kitchen.

“He’s going at hiding, dad.” Celestine tells Xavier. 

“I’m going to give you three minutes to find him or he is the winner.” I say.

“We better find him, Celestine.” Xavier says.

Celestine nods and they go back to the living room. The three minutes go by and they haven’t found Angel. 

“Time is up guys.” I call out.

“Where is he, daddy?” Celestine asks coming back to the kitchen.

“Angel come out.” I say.

He comes out of the cabinet, “You didn’t find me dad!”

“Sorry, Angel. You picked a very good hiding place.”

“Yes, I did.” Angel states.

“Okay, twins you need to go take a quick shower and change into your other clothes. Let’s go.” I say as I start leading them to the bathroom. 

An hour later we are all dressed. The twins in similar colors. It was Celestine’s idea. It made me smile. I want them to keep being close to each other as they grow up. 

“Dad, can I have a cookie?”

“No, dessert before eating.” Xavier responds.

“But it’s only one cookie.” Angel says.

“Nope, you won’t want to eat the food.”

“I will.”

“Nope, Angel, you won’t convince me.”

“Daddy, can I have a cookie.”

I smile, “No, baby. Besides it won’t be long before everyone joins us for dinner. For now we’ll watch something on TV to let the time past by.”

As our friends arrive, the twins are distracted with them. They are holding a conversation with Alex and Oriel. I wonder what they are talking about they seem so animated.

“I hope you are not influencing the twins.” I say to Oriel.

“I’m just giving them school advice.”

“That is what I mean.” I tease. “We both now how well you did in school.”

“I did do well!” Oriel responds. 

“Yes, that you did even with the mischief you did.”

“It’s not my fault. I was just defending myself.” Oriel responds.

“Hey guys!” Kyle greets us as he joins us. 

I smile at him, he comes to give me a hug before giving one to the rest of our friends.

“How is everyone?” Kyle asks.

“We are doing great, but we want to hear from you.” Ryan says. “How is it living in California?” 

“I like having the beach closer.”

“Any love interests?” Oriel asks. “Now I can see your face expression.”

“No.” Kyle responds.

“I’m sure that is not true.” Oriel says.

“Oh, he has an admirer.” I say.

“He does? Who?” Oriel asks excitedly.

“Someone that works with him.”

“Don’t you say anything else.” Kyle says.

“Aww, come on. It’s not a bad thing to have an admirer.” I respond.

“I’m not interested and Oriel doesn’t need to be pestering me about it.”

“I wouldn’t do that!” Oriel exclaims.

“We know you would.” Ryan says.

“Fine, don’t say anything.” Oriel says crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Alex, kiss Oriel’s pout away.” Kyle says chuckling. “I miss this.”

“We miss you too.” Oriel says. “Although, you don’t want to tell us anything.”

“Love you too.” Kyle says to Oriel.

“Let’s go eat.” I say before they get into one of their silly arguments.

We all find our seats on the table, Xavier at the head, Angel next to me. Then, Kyle, Oriel, Alex, Katelyn and Ryan. We had to scoot in together, but that’s the fun part. We serve ourselves, we talk and joke. As per tradition, we each say something we are thankful for.

I start it off, “I’m thankful for my family and friends. What are you thankful for Angel?”

“For my parents.” Angel says.

“And me.” Celestine adds making us chuckle and smile.

“Yes, for my sister.”

“Kyle?” I ask.

“For staying connected to you all even though I’m across the country.”

“For my boyfriend and friends.” Oriel says.

“For getting to know all of you and Oriel.” Alex says.

“For you all and Ryan.” Katelyn. says.

“For my family and Katelyn.” Ryan says.

“For my dad and dad and my twin.” Celestine says.

“For my husband and my son and daughter.” Xavier says turning to each of us.

“Let’s toast.” I say. 

We continue our celebration in the living room, where we play a movie for the twins and we keep talking. When the twins seem to be falling asleep, I send them to change into their pajamas. They come back to say goodnight, and ask Kyle to read them a story. It has slowly become a tradition that every time Kyle comes they ask him to read them a bedtime story. 

“You don’t have to Kyle.” I tell him.

“No, I want to.” Kyle says. “I don’t mind.”

He goes and afterwards, he rejoins us letting us know they have fallen asleep. After a while, our friends start leaving. Kyle promises to come for lunch tomorrow. He leaves in the evening, such a short visit I tell myself. I wish he hadn’t moved, but I can’t be selfish. He deserved the promotion after all of his hard work. 

“You know sometimes I get jealous of your relationship with Kyle.” Xavier says when we are in bed.

“Why?”

“There is just this closeness between you two.”

“We are just best friends. It’s probably just that I’ve known him for a long time, so that makes me even more comfortable around him.”

“Yeah.” Xavier responds.

“What are we doing tomorrow?” I ask.

“Do you want to go somewhere or stay in?”

“We could take the twins to the park. Have them burn some energy off.”

“Then, we should. In the morning or after lunch.”

“In the morning.”

“Okay. You know you haven’t given me a Thanksgiving kiss.”

“I have.” I smile at him. 

“That wasn’t a proper kiss.”

“Yes, it was.”

“Nope.” He says leaning closer to me. 

He licks my lips before I feel him asking for entrance. 

“That is a proper kiss.” Xavier says staring at me with a smile.

I return the smile as I open my eyes. I lean forward to peck his lips.

“Okay, Xavier. We should sleep. The twins will wake up early.”

“Yes, no sleeping in.” He says lying back on his side.

“Yes, not for some years.” I respond.

“Yes.” Xavier responds pulling me close to his body. “Goodnight, love.”

“Goodnight, Xavier.”

“Daddy, wake up!” Angel says.

“Dad, wake up!” Celestine says.

“Hmm.” I mumble.

I hear Xavier mumble something.

“They are not going to wake up.” Angel says.

“We’ll just lie down until they do.” Celestine suggests.

Angel must have nodded because I feel them move and then, I feel them in front of me. Someone scoots close to me, opening my eyes slightly I see it’s Celestine and Angel beside her with his arm over her. Celestine catches my smile.

“Daddy, are you awake?” She whispers touching my cheek.

I don’t respond.

“Angel, do you think daddy is pretending?”

“I don’t know.”

“I thought I saw him smile.”

“Ask him.”

“I did.”

“Ask him again.”

“Daddy.” Celestine says poking my cheek.

I can’t not smile.

“He is smiling.” Celestine whispers.

“He is.” Angel says.

I open my eyes.

“Now I am, children.”

Celestine lets out a surprise giggle.

“You were pretending, daddy.”

“I was trying to go back to sleep. Why do you both wake up so early?”

“Because it’s morning.” Celestine responds.

“And we want to make breakfast.” Angel adds.

“I suppose I can get up now.” I respond.

They both nod.

“Okay, go to the living room. I’ll go brush my teeth.”

“Okay, dad.” Celestine responds as both of them are getting down the bed.

Good thing the bed is not high even if it was I suppose they would find a way to get on it. They make breakfast with my assistance; french toast with strawberry jam, and fruit. Once done and Xavier missing, they go to wake him up. They bring him each holding a hand of his. 

“Morning, love.” Xavier says. “So you all made breakfast.” 

“Yes, we did it.” Celestine responds. “With dad’s help.”

“I’m sure it’s delicious then.” Xavier says taking a seat.

We eat breakfast and then get ready to take the twins to the park. We spend the rest of the morning there. We meet up with Kyle and Ryan and Katelyn for a late lunch. Then, we go our separate ways. Ryan and Katelyn are spending time with her family. Our parents are coming over to visit us. Kyle is spending the rest of his time with his parents before he goes back to California. 

*

“What are we doing for Christmas?” Oriel asks.

“I don’t know.” Kyle responds. “I won’t be able to visit. I’m in charge of this project that I’m trying to close before Christmas Eve. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it.”

“That’s no fun.” Oriel responds.

“So who are you going to spend it with.” I ask.

“Probably with hmm Mark and Kara…we are working on the same project.”

“Hmm, why did you say Mark’s name first?” I ask. “Are you changing your mind about him.”

“What is this?” Oriel asks.

“No and he is just someone I work with.”

“He likes you!” Oriel exclaims.

“Cristian.” Kyle says.

“Sorry, I just want you too find someone you love.”

“You have to give someone a chance.” Oriel says. “It’s about time.” He says; there is something is his tone, but I can’t tell what it is.

“He is a good guy, but I think it is best if we stay friends.”

“If you say so. I’ll try not to tease you about it.” I say.

“Are you sure?” Oriel asks.

“Yes, so how are you and Alex doing, Oriel?”

“It’s going great. He is so caring! Did I tell you he brought me breakfast the other morning? He didn’t have to wake up so early to bring me breakfast.” Oriel responds.

“No, but those are some of the things people do to show you how much they care for you.” Kyle says. 

“I think I love him.” Oriel says in a low tone.

Kyle smiles, “Is he the one?” 

“Maybe.” Oriel responds. “Do you like him?” He asks us.

“Yes.” I respond. “I can see how caring he is with you.”

“Yes, you seem so much closer to him than I’ve seen you with any of your previous boyfriends.”

“I am. I like him a lot. I don’t mind just spending time with him doing nothing, but be in each other’s company. I have felt this comfortable with him since I first met him.”

“So he is the one.” Kyle states. “So the next time I should hear about wedding plans.”

“No! It’s too soon.” Oriel exclaims.

“If you love the person and can’t see your life without him or her then it’s not.”

“We’ve only been dating about two months.”

“Did you hear what I said?” Kyle asks.

“Yes…” Oriel responds.

“Maybe you will.” I respond. “We will just have to wait.”

“Yes, so what are you both doing for Christmas?”

“Hmm, I’m going to meet Alex’s family.” Oriel responds.

“And you think it’s too soon to think about marriage.” Kyle teases.

Oriel sticks out his tongue.

“Cristian?” Kyle asks.

“We’re just staying here.”

“Your brother and parents?”

“They are coming for a bit during the day, but then Ryan is going to Katelyn’s family and my parents are going to this function.”

“So it’s going serious, Ryan’s relationship.”

“Yes and I do like Katelyn.”

“Yes.” Kyle responds.

“So until next time?” Oriel asks. “I have a date with Alex.”

Kyle smiles, “Yes until next time. I should finish this last minute work too.”

“Okay, well goodbye to you both.” I respond. 

“Say hi to the twins for me.” Kyle says.

“I will.”

“From me too. I think I’ll visit you all this weekend.” Oriel says.

“Okay, see you then.” I respond. “Bye.”

Logging off, I turn to look at the twins who are still watching the movie. It’s almost dinner time, good timing the movie is about to end.

*

The remaining weeks fly by and Christmas arrives. My parents visit for a couple of hours before they leave. They brought gifts for the twins. By the afternoon, it is just us. The twins excitedly running around hanging their Christmas drawings on the wall while we both sit on the couch watching them. 

“Angel, don’t skip you might fall, especially wearing socks. Where are your slippers?” I ask.

“In the room daddy.”

“And why aren’t you wearing them?” Xavier asks.

“Because I wanted to wear socks.”

“Go put your slippers on.” I tell him.

I don’t see him coming. When he is near us he jumps on our lap, he moves to mine, and puts his little arms around me and asks if he can keep his socks.

“Angel, it is for your own safety.” I tell him, smiling at him and I give him a kiss. 

I get up and carry him to the bedroom. I think he is getting too spoiled.

“Daddy, I could walk.”

“Ah, but we both know you like being carried even when you say you are a big boy.”

He gives me a smile.

When we come back to the living room, we find Celestine sitting next to Xavier. They are talking in whispers.

“What are you both planning?” I ask as I take a seat with Angel still in my arms. 

“Nothing, daddy.”

“I don’t believe that.” I respond.

“What were you talking about?” Angel leans toward his sister to whisper, except that they are still learning how to whisper.

“Daddy’s gift.”

I turn to look at Xavier, who is smiling at our children’s not so quiet conversation. I give him a smile.

“Angel, did you find out what they were talking about?”

“No daddy.” He responds.

“Okay, I guess that we will both go get ourselves a cookie while they finish talking.”

“Yes a cookie.” He jumps off the couch and starts heading toward the kitchen.

“Daddy, do I get one?” Celestine asks giving me those puppy eyes.

I nod no.

“Please daddy, we will tell you what we were talking about.”

“Celestine you shouldn’t.” Xavier adds.

“Will you give me a cookie then?” Celestine asks him. 

I grin at having placed him on the spot.

“Baby girl we will get our own cookies, but we can’t tell them what we were talking about.”

“Okay, dad.”

I shake my head as I exit the living room. I wonder what exactly they are planning. Angel and I take a seat on the table with a glass of milk and some cookies.

“Dad, I love cookies.”

“I know, Angel.”

“Can we make cookies all Christmases? I like decorating them.”

“Yes, we can, so which one is your favorite?”

“The snowman!”

“They are big.”

Angel nods taking another bite of his cookie.

“We should be getting snow pretty soon. It’s been so cold.”

“Yay, I like playing in the snow.”

“Yes, you do, but we can’t spend too much time outside. I don’t want you or your sister getting sick.”

Angel nods taking a bite of his cookie.

“What is your favorite cookie?” Angel asks.

“The angels.”

“They are good too.” Angel says. 

“So do you not know what your sister and dad are doing?”

“Not really. Maybe getting our presents?” 

“Maybe, so do you want to take some cookies and milk to them.” I ask getting up from the chair. 

“Yes, can I carry the cookies?”

“Yes, just be careful.”

-----------------

Thanks for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 33.6K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...
711 32 14
[COMPLETED, new upload] [Book 1] Two platonic bros do everything together. They share the same house, the same couch, the same pizza favorite, and t...
307K 7.1K 16
Your life was going perfectly. A perfect home, a perfect boyfriend. But very soon your perfect life will fall apart. Who knew that the most unlikelie...
21.3K 1K 20
(Characters from Colorful Twists) Robert likes joking around and he is rarely seen as a serious person. The most important people in his life are his...