Ice Skates & Volleyball | Hai...

By The_Whatever_

You never thought that ice skating would lead to you joining a volleyball team, much less falling for anyone... More

0͜͡0͜͡1͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡2͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡3͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡4͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡5͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡6͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡7͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡8͜͡
0͜͡0͜͡9͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡0͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡2͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡3͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡4͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡5͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡6͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡7͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡8͜͡
0͜͡1͜͡9͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡0͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡1͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡2͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡3͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡4͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡5͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡6͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡7͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡8͜͡
0͜͡2͜͡9͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡0͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡1͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡2͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡3͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡4͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡5͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡6͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡7͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡8͜͡
0͜͡3͜͡9͜͡
0͜͡4͜͡0͜͡
0͜͡4͜͡1͜͡
0͜͡4͜͡2͜͡
0͜͡4͜͡3͜͡
0͜͡4͜͡4͜͡
0͜͡4͜͡5͜͡

0͜͡1͜͡1͜͡

21.2K 816 398
By The_Whatever_

Cousin catastrophe

☆︎☆︎☆︎

You always enjoyed seeing your cousin. It never happened often due to him and you living in very different places in Japan. Coupled with the fact that both of you had important after school activities to keep up with, the only times you all really saw each other was shortly before or after the U-19 meetings. But even then it was only a nod or wave of acknowledgment, maybe even a short conversation of hi's and hello's if you both were lucky before the two of you had to go.

Yeah, your stoic cousin was always nice to see. A bit on the blunt side? Totally. Scary face? You got it! Also socially inept? Right on the mark! But family? Hell yeah. And you loved your family fiercely.

You let out a yawn as you step off of the train to Miyagi. You'd been tasked with going to your cousin's house to get him, it wasn't something uncommon but seeing as the two of you would meet up before goin to Kita Ward in Tokyo where the U-19 training center was located it was usually him being sent to you. But since your mother found out about the whole volleyball manager thing she thought it was such a good idea for you to go over to your cousins house.

You trudge towards the station where your cousin should be waiting for you with or without (most likely with, they can be sorta nosy plus they won't really let him go alone, despite knowing of you) his team mates.

You scan the crowd for not even a second before coming across a few heads poking out above the rest. Tall ass volleyball players. I hate it here.

Making your way over to your cousin you observe that instead of the U-19 tracksuit your used to see him in he's in a white and purple one instead.

You're sure your cousin sees you due to him not actively searching the crowd anymore, the stoic expression still on his face, however a curious looking red haired male was on one side and a nervous looking kid with a bowl cut on the other.

You look up at your cousin as you stand a few meters away from him "It's nice to see you again Wakatoshi."

The blunt male nods and takes your overnight bag off you shoulder and places it on his "Like wise Y/N." You have no idea how long it took you to convince him to drop the 'kun' at the end (nine years, it took nine fucking years).

"This is first year Goshiki Tsutomu," Wakatoshi gestures towards the bowl cut kid and then to the curious red haired male "And this is third year Tendou Satori ."

You give a small bow to the two "It's nice to meet both of you, Goshiki san, Tendou senpai. My name is L/N Y/N and I am a second year."

"So L/N kun!" You stand up and look in confusion at Tendou. "Tell me, what made you come here instead of good ole' waka kun going to you?"

You follow behind Wakatoshi and Goshiki as they continue to Shiratorizawa, you and Tendou a few meters behind them.

"Oh, well I kind of joined my school team as the volleyball teams manager. And my mother decided since Wakatoshi and I have to go to U-19 practice anyway, I may as well come over here and watch his usual volleyball practice."

"You should be lucky it was Waka kun who asked the coach, or else he might not've taken it so kindly~"

You nod with a hum "Yeah, I've heard about your coach."

Tendou seems to deflate at your agreeance "I see how you and Waka kun are related, you're both so cold."

You face the older and turn your face as blank as possible "I am actually quite warm."

Tendou's face turns into one of shock before a smile spreads across it.

"You, I like you."

Tendou slings his arm over your shoulder with a grin "Shirabu is going to love you!"

***

Shirabu did not love you. If his annoyed face every time he so much as glanced in your direction is anything to go by, your quite sure Shirabu didn't even remotely like you.

But then again...

You turn around to see Goshiki drinking from a water bottle slightly behind you. I suppose he could be looking at Goshiki.

Turning back towards the team you reel back when instead you are face to face with a bushy eyebrowed old man.

"O-Oh Washijou sensei Saitō sensei!" You stand up and bow to the stern coach you've heard so much about "It's nice to meet you."

His facial expression doesn't change at all as he gazes at you. "I see, you must be the ice skater Ushijima was talking about." The older coach doesn't spare you another glance as he sits on the bench the younger, brown haired coach beside him gives you a small smile and nod in greeting.

"Don't just stand there, sit down." Following Washijou's orders you clumsily sit down, however your body gives away how uncomfortable you are with your rigid posture. "You seem a little clumsy for an ice skater, I thought they were supposed to be graceful."

Is insulting me about a sport he has no actual knowledge about 💢?? You swear you feel and irk mark form.

"Ah— I'm sure L/N san is a lot more graceful on the ice!" Saitō sensei hastily replies, weather he's covering for the old man or just calming you, you have no clue.

"It's true, sir, I'm a lot more comfortable on the ice than I am here. Unlike the volleyball players, the gym is not my safe space."

Washijo pays you no heed, honestly you don't even know if he hears you. Instead all he does is stare forward.

Following his example you cross your arms and stare ahead at the apparent best team in the whole prefecture.

***

This feeling... You place a hand over your pounding heart. It's almost as good as when I land a hard jump on the ice. You eyes widen, lips parting, and heart pounding as you watch Tendou block a ball, sending it careening down to the other side of the court.

Not too long after you'd gotten to Shiratorizawa a college team had arrived for a practice match. And Shiratorizawa was completely decimating them.

"Wow..." You murmur in amazement. Volleyball really is something else. There's just something so enthralling about it. You feel like you could watch it forever.

This was nothing like Nekoma. Shiratorizawa attacked with raw power while Nekoma was a bit heavier on the defensive. Both teams seemed to be powerful but Shiratorizawa seemed to stick in your mind, maybe it was because of your cousin.

Eventually the game comes to a close. Shiratorizawa taking the win. However the college did manage to take a set away.

***

You, Ushijima, and Tendou were walking the third year dorm hallways towards Ushijima and Tendou's shared room, so Ushijima could collect his bags and head home for the night before both you and him left early for Kita Ward.

"So Y/N chan~ What'd you think of the game?"

"I thought it was amazing," You bring a hand up to your heart "My heart was racing when I was watching you guys. I guess I couldn't believe it. I mean, yeah i've seen a game or two before. I guess it's just different when your there..."

Tendou glances back at you with a smile, "Well Y/N chan~, It sounds like your on your way to becoming an avid volleyball fan!"

You hum, removing your hand "It sounds a lot more likely than I'd thought before I joined my schools team."

A/N:
Idk, i don't really like how this ended.
Also, i have like 10 finishes chapters of AOT and no idea when to publish them.
ALSO also,, i started reading Blue Lock and wtf it's so freaking good!!! Lmao, i also finished killing stalking and i'm pretty sure they're both [ERADICATED].

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 342 14
❝ I think I blew it. ❞ ❝ That's what she said. ❞ --- Exploring the evolving dynamic of a libero and an ace through their volleyball aspirations, as t...
91.2K 2.6K 26
❝ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ. ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʸ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ.❞ -- (M/n) (l/n) a second year in Karasuno and a former volleyball...
257K 5.2K 38
𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓹𝓲𝓽𝔂 (n.) Finding something good without looking for it. ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝐒𝐇𝐄 didn't look for them,Nor they did look for her ,Yet they...
898K 30.6K 69
Not many Haikyuu x male readers so i thought why not make one! Oikawa Y/N, much like his older brother, loves volleyball, not to the extent of needin...