you are someone // iwaizumi x...

By beyotchmaria

(Y/n) is a new third year at Aoba Johsai. She get looks from multiple boys, but one volleyball player gains a... More

[]New Girl[]
[]The Picture[]
[]Lunch[]
[]Practice Match[]
[]Smile[]
[]Boba[]
[]Size[]
[]Bus Ride[]
[]Crush[]
[]Fair pt 1[]
[]Convincing[]
[]Dance pt 1[]
[]Dance pt 2[]
[]Dance pt 3[]
[]Saturday[]
[]The Family[]
A/N- not a chapter

[]Fair pt 2[]

11.3K 409 392
By beyotchmaria

///

"you're such a protective boyfriend"

///

You walked into the fair beside Iwaizumi, taking off the jacket that was wrapped around you.

"Here," you said handing it to him, "I don't need it anymore."

Iwaizumi nodded and took the jacket. He was about to put it on while he was walking with you, but then noticed all the eyes focused on you. The skirt he gave you was shorter than the uniform skirts, and tighter. You drew a lot of attention, specifically from boys. It made him frustrated for some reason.

"Uhh actually," he said, wrapping it around your waist once again, "you should wear it for now."

You didn't understand what he meant, but wore it around your waist anyways. Then you saw a few friends(the ones from gym) waving you over to them.

"Iwaizumi-kun! We just need to borrow (Y/n)-chan for a sec!"

You looked at him and he nodded, so you walked over, leaving Iwaizumi by himself. Or not.

"Did you just put your jacket around her waist?"

Iwaizumi looked away from your retreating figure and at Oikawa, who was now right next to him.

"I did it so that she could play volleyball."

"Yeah but she took it off. You just put it right back on!"

Oikawa stepped closer to his friend, who was avoiding eye contact.

"So?" Iwaizumi asked annoyed.

"So? Ahhhh Iwa-chan. You're such a protective boyfriend."

Iwaizumi smacked the back of his friend's head.

"Shut it."

"You didn't deny it!"

"...but I'm not her boyfriend."

Oikawa now noticed the somewhat disappointed look on his friend's face, who was now staring at the ground. He flicked Iwaizumi on the forehead, causing him to look up.

"What was tha-"

"She likes you back Iwa-chan. So stop being a nervous insecure loser and man up!"

Oikawa had a surprisingly serious face on as he walked away from the shocked Iwaizumi.

Before he could yell after his friend, you came back. He looked at you and spoke.

"What were you guys talking about?"

You failed to hide an odd expression, before retorting with a question of your own.

"What were YOU guys talking about?"

He rolled his eyes playfully and answered "Fair enough, ready to go?"

You nodded, "Food first?"

He nodded back at you, and the two of you walked towards the food trucks.

~before

"Iwaizumi-kun! We just need to borrow (Y/n)-chan for a sec!"

You walked over to your friends, who had knowing looks on their faces. You rolled your eyes, knowing what was coming.

"Sooooo~" Chiaki said with a smirk.

"So?"

"Don't even try to convince us this isn't a date." Akira said adamantly.

You looked at them as calmly as possible, determined to not show how  nervous you were.

"Yes... we're on a dat-"

"EEEEE!!!!!!"

Hana was bouncing up and down as she grasped your hands. Izumi whacked her on the shoulder to calm her down.

"Hana! She's already nervous enough!"

You felt your cheeks tint pink.

"I-I'm not nervous."

The girls looked at you dead-panned before bursting out in laughter.

You looked away, embarrassed at your sudden stutter. Chiaki put her hands on your shoulders and turned you around to face the direction Iwaizumi was in.

"Getcho manz." she half-whispered.

You nodded with a gulp, and she pushed you forward a bit to help you go towards him.

~

"Choose anything, I'm paying."

You looked up at Iwaizumi, who was pulling out his wallet.

"Are you sure? I brought some mon-"

"I'm sure." he said with a smile. It was one of his confident smiles too, and those always made you blush a bit.

"Well,  then let's go to the ramen truck."

You pointed at the food truck with one hand, and used the other to grab Iwa's wrist. You dragged him over and you both ordered. You got your ramen almost immediately, and you both started walking around the school grounds with your take out boxes, slurping up the noodles.

At some point, you started giggling. This caused Iwaizumi to look at you, and he saw that your eyes were focused on his face.

"What?" he asked innocently.

You kept giggling as you pointed to a noodle on the side of his lip. But then, you found your finger moving almost by itself. You wiped off the mess with a smile, making Iwaizumi blush.

"That's embarrassing for you." you teased.

Iwa's blush went away and he started to chuckle.

"C'mon, I'll win you something to make up for it."

He held your hand, making you stiffen a little at the contact. He dragged you to a darts carnival booth, where he let go.

You sighed over dramatically and continued eating your ramen, speaking between bites.

"I don't know why you're even gonna try. There is nothing that could help you come back from that."

Iwaizumi smirked, taking it as a challenge. He payed the vendor for a few darts, then aimed for the smallest balloons taped in the center, worth the most points. He hit all four of them, meaning he got the highest score possible. 

He pumped his fist up in victory.

Cute.

He turned around with a face a kid who wants his mom to watch him go off the diving board would make.

"See that? Highest. score. possible."

You grinned, instructing the vendor to give you the huge lavender colored bear.

"You played right into my plan." you teased, "Now I get free food and a free stuffed animal."

You smiled at him, holding the bear tightly. Iwaizumi chuckled, and ruffled your hair.

"And I'd do it again."

He took your empty ramen container and stacked it with his as he walked to a nearby Oikaw- I mean trash can. You weren't blushing like you normally would at a comment like that though. You were... content. With what he said.

The rest of the day was spent on winning prizes from carnival games and buying sweets. By the time the fair was closing, Iwa's arms were full of stuffed animals while you held the treats. 

While walking to the exit of the fair, you would hold a candy apple or lollipop up to Iwaizumi's mouth, since his hands were too full to eat them himself. At one point, he bit off a chunk of the spiral lollipop. You laughed and pulled it back.

"Is it really that good?"

He nodded with his eyes closed in a smile.

"Ob courth! Ith a lowipop." he said with a mouthful.

You giggle and, without thinking, took a bite out of the lollipop as well.

Both of you were thinking of the same thing as you consumed that piece of lollipop.

Indirect kiss.

When you exited the fair, your mother was already there with her to pick you up. When she saw Iwa holding a bunch of stuffed animals, and you putting a piece of cotton candy in his mouth, she had to contain herself from screaming with excitement. She rolled down a window and waved to notify you where she was.

Iwaizumi opened the back car door and put all the stuffed animals on the seats.

"Keep one." you ordered.

He looked at you surprised before replying.

"Oh no, I won those for you. Cherish it."

You giggled, but pulled out one of the medium sized animals.

"Keep it to remember the fair then."

He blushed slightly as he took the animal from your hands.

"A-alright."

"Iwa..."

He looked back at you with a curious expression

"Thank you."

He chuckled, ruffling your hair around.

"Thank you."

You smiled softly as you climbed in the passenger seat, giving him a little wave goodbye.

He stared at your car as it drove off, clutching the stuffed animal like his life depended on keeping it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.3K 2.4K 32
"The way you've always admired me from afar... honestly it's adorable" Y/N L/N, a member of the Aoba Johsai science club. He's often referred to as o...
11.4K 286 15
Y/n Kyōtani is a beloved member of the Aoba Johsai High School swim team. However, when members of her brother's volleyball team ask her to come and...
70 15 5
Your friend Mari drags you to the Spring Nationals so that you could cheer for some of your volleyball friends. You see Itachiyama play, and you imme...
22.7K 473 16
Iwazumi see's y/n for the first time, and it almost feels like it could be love at first sight.Will they end up getting closer? And will they become...