Hidden Feelings ☆ Obi-Wan Ken...

By vibranium_assss

Jaika is the twin sister of Anakin Skywalker. She lives on Tatooine, working as a slave for a Toydarian calle... More

PART ONE
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
PART TWO
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
PART THREE
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
PART FOUR
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
PART FIVE
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII

XXI

2.6K 84 20
By vibranium_assss

22 BBY

Coruscant

The Jedi Master and Padawan stood in the center of the Jedi Council room, awaiting for their responses. Anakin glanced from his Master towards Master Yoda and Master Windu, curious as to what their approach to the situation would be. Anakin acknowledged the thoughtful expression which spread across Master Yoda's face, "Track down this bounty hunter, you must Obi-Wan." Master Yoda stated, while the other council members looked at the pair with expressionless faces.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for." Master Windu instructed, following up from Master Yoda's assignment for Obi-Wan. For the first time in ages, Anakin remained silent as he awaited for more instructions that came their way. He wanted to know what would happen to Padmé, especially since she was in a lot of danger. she had two attempts on her life in one day; Anakin knew that if she stayed on Coruscant for any longer, her life would be more at risk.

"Escort you, Padawan Jaika Skywalker will." Master Yoda revealed, making Anakin's eyebrows twitch upwards in surprise. Why Jaika was assigned to the mission and he wasn't confused Anakin. He knew that she was assigned to protect Padmé, but Obi-Wan was his Master, surely he should go with him. Obi-Wan took in Master Yoda's instructions and simply nodded in return. Anakin glanced from Obi-Wan towards Master Yoda with a questioning expression morphed across his face.

"Master Yoda, with all due respect; shouldn't Jaika stay with Senator Amidala? She was assigned to aid her." Anakin spoke up, making the Jedi Masters glance in his direction. Obi-Wan looked to the side at his Padawan and raised his eyebrow slightly. Something told Obi-Wan that Anakin did not like the fact that Jaika was assigned to go on a mission with him, while he was given nothing so far.

"Jaika has been successful so far in protecting Senator Amidala's life; but we have decided that she would be a lot more useful in a mission such as searching for the killer; considering she's already aware of Gunray's deceptive plans from previous missions. Do not worry, my Padawan is well trained and disciplined, she will be alright." Master Plo expressed, making Anakin gaze towards the Kel Dor Jedi, who sat in the corner with a peaceful posture, sitting with his hands joined together. Anakin decided to not defy the Council, as he simply nodded to show his respect towards their decisions.

"What about Senator Amidala? She will still need protecting." Obi-Wan questioned, as if he had read Anakin's previous thoughts. Anakin glanced to his side, discreetly observing his Master who asked the question, before he looked forward at the two Jedi Masters who sat in front of him.

Master Yoda quickly glanced towards Anakin, meeting his curious gaze before the old Jedi moved his gaze back to Obi-Wan with a peaceful look printed upon his face. "Handle that, your Padawan will." Master Yoda answered, making Anakin raise his head slightly in realization that he was not only given his first solo mission, but also the fact that he will be spending a lot of time with Padmé. Anakin carefully moved his gaze away from Master Yoda, up towards Master Windu. "Anakin, escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there and don't use registered transport, travel as refugees." Windu instructed, while Anakin took in his first mission.

"As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital." Anakin expressed, recalling Padmé's stubborn reaction when her life was at risk ten years ago. The Padawan remembered how she preferred to be fighting on the front lines rather than hiding away from the action. Anakin could only imagine how much Padmé would hate hiding away again, especially in a time like this where the Separatist movement is posing as a larger threat towards the Republic.

Master Windu observed Anakin, taking in his statement as he too agreed that the Naboo Senator was incredibly stubborn. "Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect." Master Yoda spoke up, linking his hands together in front of him, before he hummed to himself once he got lost in his thoughts again.

Anakin glanced from Master Yoda, towards Master Windu as he prepared to speak. "Anakin, go to the Senate and ask the Chancellor to speak with her about this matter." Master Windu instructed, before the Master and Padawan bowed towards the Jedi Masters, showing their respect before they walked towards the automated doors.

Once the doors shut behind the Master and Padawan, Obi-Wan turned towards Anakin who wore a troubled expression. Obi-Wan could sense his Padawan's worry and guessed that it was towards Jaika. Obi-Wan assumed that Anakin was worried about losing Jaika, especially after they had reunited for the first time in ten years; as well as the fact that the mission she had been assigned to is quite dangerous. "Do not worry, Anakin. I will keep Jaika safe." Obi-Wan assured, causing Anakin to look his way.

Anakin sent his Master a slow nod, before looking ahead of him as the pair slowly walked through the halls of the temple. "I know, Master. I just find it strange that they appointed her to the mission, when she wasn't in the meeting." Anakin expressed, as Jedi are usually summoned to the Council room to receive their mission data.

"I will fill her in on the details." A deep voice answered from behind the pair. Anakin turned around and laid his eyes on Master Plo Koon who was looking down at Anakin through his masked face. Anakin had not had a lot of encounters with Master Plo due to the fact that he was his sister's Master, but from the few encounters that they had; Anakin learnt that Master Plo was a very sympathetic man and cared about all living things around him. Anakin kept telling himself to believe Master Plo's judgement, as he probably knew his sister better than Anakin did.

"I will join you, Master Plo. Anakin, I'd advise that you go visit the Chancellor now." Obi-Wan instructed, subtly hinting to Anakin that they had a limited time frame. Sending the two Jedi Masters a respectful bow, Anakin turned on his heel before rushing down the halls of the Jedi Temple; leaving Obi-Wan and Plo Koon. "Where is Jaika? Wasn't she supposed to be in the meeting?" Obi-Wan asked, somewhat curious about the female Skywalker's whereabouts.

"She is with the Jedi Younglings. Master Yoda requested for her to cover his teaching class." Master Plo explained, earning a nod of understanding from Obi-Wan. He guessed that Jaika was going through the process of preparing to become a Jedi Knight, as she had started teaching Youngling classes; an activity more senior Padawans do.

"She should be finishing up soon, so we can pay her a visit to debrief her on her new assignment." Master Plo stated, before walking down the halls with Obi-Wan trailing behind him.

~☆~

"Thank you for your time, remember my teachings for next time." Jaika spoke, watching as the younglings piled out of the teaching room one-by-one. She felt somewhat tired after the long lesson that she had just taught to the Jedi younglings who had just built their lightsabers and are learning how to use their lightsabers. Jaika recalled the trouble she faced when she tried to use the same technique that she used with her practice saber. Lightsabers are a lot heavier and powerful than practice sabers; which meant that you cannot rely on the basic techniques that you learn with your practice saber.

Jaika glanced out of the window, looking out into the city that was illuminated by the Coruscant sun. Today was a rather bright day, which contrasted heavily with the weather conditions from the previous day. Although the weather and energies that radiated from the sunny day, Jaika could still sense that something was among her. She could tell something was about to happen, something bad.

The Padawan was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt a presence standing by the door. Turning on her heel, Jaika laid her eyes on one of the younglings from the class that she had just taught. The boy was no older than ten years old, his striking blue eyes drifted from Jaika to his feet as he grew shy in her presence. His dark brown hair was combed back and looked like it was held together by some kind of gel from the sharp edged angles that it was combed into.

Jaika knew the youngling. He was one of the quieter students who kept to himself until it came to lightsaber combat, where he liked to show off his skill. Jaika had only encountered the boy a few times, but she could tell that he was strong with the force; stronger than the other students in his class.

Frowning slightly, Jaika took a few steps towards the boy, causing his youthful face to look up at her. "Is something troubling you?" Jaika questioned with a gentle voice. The boy met her gaze, his turquoise eyes connecting with her sapphire ones. Embarrassment and bashfulness surrounded the boy's aura as he diverted his gaze before he began to play with his fingers, his eyebrows scrunching together. He was shy, but wanted something from Jaika.

"Padawan Skywalker, I was wondering if I could practice duels with you?" The boy requested, his voice gentle as he spoke quietly in fear that Jaika would for some strange reason, lash out at him. Jaika could sense the boy's nerves pouring off his body, as he once again broke his gaze from hers.

Jaika smiled sympathetically, before she slowly walked towards the boy and knelt down in front of him; forcing him to look her in the eyes. Jaika gently placed her hand on his shoulder while she wore a friendly expression on her face. "There is no need to be nervous, of course I will train with you." Jaika answered, watching as the boy's face lit up before he quickly masked it with a neutral expression. He was struggling to mask his emotions, something Jaika still struggled with herself.

The boy must have realized his mistake of showing too much emotion and bowed his head downwards in shame. Sympathy swarmed within Jaika, before she reached her hand over and placed her fingers under his chin before tilting it up slightly, stopping the boy from looking down in shame. "Do not beat yourself up. Now come with me...Caleb, is it?" Jaika said, standing up as she walked towards the door before turning back to the boy that was now stood behind her.

"Yes, Padawan Skywalker; my name is Caleb Dume." The boy introduced, making a small smile itch across Jaika's gentle lips. The Padawan summoned the boy to follow her through the halls of the Temple, which he quickly complied to, as he walked by her side.

"You can call me Jaika. There is no need for you to use such formalities; we are equals. There is no sense of superiority between us." Jaika expressed, glancing down at Caleb who looked up at her with an understanding expression on his face before he answered with a nod. Jaika sent the boy a friendly smile, before she looked away from him and looked forward, towards the path in front of her.

After a few minutes of walking through the massive halls of the Jedi temple, the pair finally found a practice room and walked though the doors into the large space. Jaika walked to the centre of the room with Caleb behind her, before she spun on her heel to face the boy who was unclipping his lightsaber hilt from his belt. Jaika did the same.

Jaika made eye contact with Caleb and sent him a nod, signaling to him that she was ready; he returned the action. Jaika grazed her thumb across the top of the ignition button on her saber, before she pressed down on it; causing her celeste coloured blade to burst into life, the familiar hum of the lightsaber resonating against her chest.

Caleb also ignited his lightsaber, revealing his blue blade. Jaika stood in a ready stance and waited for Caleb to make the first move, as she recalled her training with Master Plo and remembered how hesitant she was and how she'd always stick in defense. Jaika wanted to test Caleb and she wanted him to make the first move in order to increase his confidence when in battle.

The boy must have understood her and took in a deep breath before he sprinted towards Jaika, with his lightsaber hilt held in both of his hands. Once he got close enough, he swung the blade behind his head and slammed the blade down towards Jaika; who responded quickly and blocked his attack. The familiar sound of the clash of lightsaber blades resonating around the room, echoing off each wall that surrounded the pair.

The blue coloured blades shone onto both of the duelists' faces, while they pushed their blades against the other's. After a few moments, Caleb withdrew his blade from Jaika's and took a few steps back. The youngling repositioned his feet and balanced himself, while Jaika stood ahead of him, twirling her lightsaber around her wrist. The two Jedi kept their eyes on the other, waiting for the other to make a move.

After a few moments of waiting, Caleb ran towards Jaika again and swung his saber towards Jaika's legs; which Jaika predicted by jumping over the blade before she blocked Caleb's blade and pushed her blade against his, making the boy slip backwards slightly. Jaika then decided to switch to attack as she ran towards Caleb, swinging her blade downwards towards the boy.

The clashing of blades stopped Jaika's lightsaber from harming the youngling. Jaika looked down at Caleb who was holding the hilt of his saber tightly in both hands as he fought to regain control over the fight, while Jaika held hers in both of her hands in a more serene manner. Usually, Jaika would go easy on a youngling but after seeing the boy's skill and sensing his presence in the force; Jaika decided to challenge him.

Jaika withdrew her blade from Caleb's before quickly blocking a swing that came from the boy. The pair stepped across the large room, blocking the swinging blade that was swung by the other. Jaika could sense that the boy was becoming more relaxed in the duel as he became more connected with the force and allowed it to determine his actions, instead of thinking with his mind.

The swooshing noise that came from the automated doors made Jaika's ears twitch in surprise, as she had not expected someone to enter a training room that was being used. It did not take Jaika long to identify the two figures who stood behind her by the entrance of the room. Jaika focused her attention on Caleb who was stood before her, swinging his blade in her direction. Although his movement was precise and graceful, Jaika noticed the small sweat that dotted his hair line and the little wobble that travelled down his legs when he quickly glanced towards the entrance of the door. Jaika could tell that he was slightly nervous in the presence of two Jedi Masters.

That became very apparent when Caleb swung his blade down onto Jaika's that she was holding in a horizontal position, blocking the blade from hitting her body. The boy's fast swing was incredibly sharp and rushed, making Jaika's eyes squint slightly as the two blades spat at each other. "Focus Caleb, you cannot afford to get distracted." Jaika muttered, making the boy look her in the eye before giving her a quick nod. Their brief eye contact told Jaika that the boy felt embarrassed that Jaika had caught him out.

Jaika pushed her saber forward, causing Caleb to slide backwards. As he slid against the temple's marble floor, Jaika watched as he shook before tumbling backwards as he lost balance. The boy let out a grunt when his back hit the ground, before he slowly rolled onto his side to grab his lightsaber that had dropped out of his grasp.

Caleb reached his arm out to grab the lightsaber when it suddenly jerked away from him, before it flew into the air, away from him. Caleb lifted himself up into a sitting position and almost jumped when he came face-to-face with a celeste coloured blade that was pointed towards his face. The boy's turquoise eyes traveled up the blade and met the determined eyes of Jaika.

Once she sensed his defeat, Jaika turned off her lightsaber before clipping it onto her belt. Glancing down at Caleb, she watched him as he let out a sigh before tilting his head down to look at the ground. Jaika felt a lot of sympathy towards the boy, as she saw herself in him. Smiling gently, Jaika walked over to him and held her hand out for him to take.

After a few moments, Caleb sensed Jaika's suddenly close presence and craned his neck to look up at the Padawan. Hesitantly moving his hand, Caleb accepted Jaika's help before the female Skywalker pulled the boy onto his feet. Jaika shot him a sincere smile which told Caleb that she was content with the duel, before she turned on her heel to look at the two Jedi who were still stood in the room.

Caleb also noticed them, his eyes widening in shock before he dipped down to bow towards the two Masters. "Master Plo Koon, Master Kenobi." Caleb greeted, making the two Jedi nod at the boy while Jaika glanced over her shoulder to look down at the boy with a slightly amused expression printed upon her face, before she turned her attention back to the two Jedi that she was familiar with.

"Thank you for training with me, Jaika." Caleb spoke, before rushing past the two Jedi Masters and rushing out of the room to continue his studies. Jaika watched the boy leave, before her eyes flicked towards the two Masters.

"What absurd mission do you want me to go on now?" Jaika asked, crossing her arms over her chest as she glanced towards Master Plo. Jaika noticed the subtle glance that Obi-Wan gave Master Plo, as if he were saying 'you can deal with her'.

"You will be joining Master Kenobi in hunting down the assassin who is trying to kill Senator Amidala." Master Plo revealed, making Jaika raise her eyebrows in surprise. She was almost certain that the Jedi council would forbid her from going on important missions after she put Padmé in more danger than she was already in. The fact that she was assigned to such an important mission excited Jaika.

Jaika glanced towards Obi-Wan who was strangely quiet. A small smirk spread across her lips when she locked eyes with him. "So when do we start?" Jaika asked, while Obi-Wan shared a questioning glance with Master Plo.

(3172 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
775K 30.5K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
104K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
137K 6.5K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...