Astith's Prophecy

Por TNckitty

In the Kingdom of Astith, there was a prophecy: When evil comes to plague the land, five heroes must band tog... Más

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
IMPORTANT
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 24

7 0 0
Por TNckitty

~TN's POV~

It is around nighttime now and I am still trying to process what happened.

To think I passed out in front of people is the stupidest thing I could have done. What would happen if I didn't wake up? What if someone killed me while I was unconscious?

I hate thinking how I could have been killed or unable to move anymore. I hate that I could have possibly left Dark alone with people who could have killed him.

I mentally shake myself out of these thoughts and instead focus on Charmer. I can tell how much he loves his sister. If the way his eyes watered and him running away tells me anything.

Dark brings me back to reality by licking my cheek. I give him a wobbly smile. I sit up and feel my body cracking from staying in one spot for a long time. I groan from my aching limbs.

"I want to go outside." I said out loud.

Dark barks in agreement and hops off the bed. I follow him and put on my jacket. After getting checked by the doctors, I was told to rest in my room for two days but I know I would go crazy if I stay in one place for a long time. So going against orders, I leave my room. I make sure to grab my sword before I walk out. With Dark at my heel, we walk out to the training area. Of course there are no people out with how late it was. Which is perfect for me as I am not comfortable with people watching. But even if there are no people, I go to the same spot that I found with Charmer.

I did some simple stretches before beginning my disruptive training. Ever since I started classes, I was unable to practice my sword technique in the morning anymore. So I either have to train very early in the morning or late at night. Waking up before dawn and training in the cold is something I did not want to do so nighttime for me.

I let my body follow the familiar moves of the sword. I start off with some simple swings. Swing left. Swing right. Up. Down. Repeat. I did this a couple of times before

going into the really hard training.

"Okay, Dark. Let's do it." I said.

Dark barks. Suddenly four dark shadowy figures appear out of nowhere. They look almost like me but clearly not me. The one on the far right rushes towards me. I dodge to the side and spin, cutting it in half. Once my sword slices through it, the shadowy figure disperses into nothing. Again, one of the figures attacks me. This time I step back and stab it through the chest. The next attack is with the last remaining figures going at me at the same time. I duck the first figure, swiping my leg under it. Although I did not feel it, I can tell that the figure falls to the ground. The second one tries to grab me but I kick it on its side. Quickly, I stab both of them.

Slowly getting up, I let out a sigh. I suddenly jump and point my sword behind me. Although I could not see them well in the dark, I can tell it was Troublemaker.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you" she said coming into the light for me to see her.

"What was with the shadow figures? I've never seen anything like that" she asked.

"Dark's power." I said.

I lower my sword but did not put it back in its sheath. I turn back around and focus on Dark.

"One more time." I commanded.

Again, Dark barks and shadow figures appear. This time there are 6.

"Amazing! I never knew an animal could have powers. It feels almost human his power. Very strong indeed"

I ignore her as I attack the figures. Instead of them going first, I went first. They all disappear in no time.

Although this is the same training I have been doing, I feel frustrated. I let out a huff before sheathing my sword. I turn to Troublemaker.

"Train with me." I demanded.

She laughed "seriously?" She thought about it for a minute after realizing I am serious saying "fine are you doing just hand to hand combat or powers as well?"

She stepped in front of me ready to fight waiting for me.

"You choose."

She smirked "both it is then" she tied her hair up signaling for me to make the first move.

I take my sword off and throw it off to the side. We circle each other, trying to study the other. Impatience, I rush towards her. I was surprised that she managed to dodge my punch, but I quickly threw another punch. Again, she dodges. Adrenaline is flowing through me as I try to grab her. I manage to grab her arm, but she is close enough to send a kick. As she is kicking, the arm that I grab pulled me towards her, almost making me lose my balance. I block her raised leg and use my weight to pull her down. I land on my back. Before she can land on top of me, I lift my leg and use it to push her up on her stomach. She flies over me and lands heavily. Without thinking, I roll onto my knees and launch on her. I pin her down, but she manages to free one of her hands. She quickly punches me in the face. I did not feel the sting of the punch, but I did catch me off guard. She flips us over and has me pin under her. We stop, breathing heavily. Despite being out of breath, I couldn't help the smirk on my face. I never felt this much excitement before. I can feel my heart beating, trying to break out of my chest.

"Not bad." I panted out.

She laughs getting off of me extending her hand towards me "yeah well I'm better with my powers not too much work you know? Not bad yourself either"

"Thanks." I said. "But..."

I suddenly drop down and swipe my leg under her. She lets out a yelp and falls flat on her stomach. I quickly climb on her back. I pull one of her arms behind her while I pin the other under my knee. My other knee is on the lower part of her back. Lastly, I put my free hand on the back of her neck.

"You should not have lowered your guard. Even if you think your opponent is unconscious or dead."

"Yeah I know" with that she disappeared from underneath me and I felt her behind me pinning me to the floor with no way out.

"His power is quite useful"

"It sure is."

I activate my flames. The sudden appearance blinds her and I manage to throw her off me. Before I can attack again, I hear Dark let out a bark and I am suddenly sitting right next to him. I see Troublemaker a few feet away. She looks around in confusion before spotting me.

"As entertaining as it is," Prince's voice said out of nowhere, "I am pretty sure that you should be resting, TN."

I flop down onto my back and see Prince coming up to us upside down.

"I rested enough." I said.

He ignores me and has his attention on Troublemaker.

"And you should not be encouraging her to do strenuous things."

"Well it wasn't my idea but like she said she rested enough if she says she's fine, then she's fine. Her fighting showed that"

"Just because she said that she is fine, it does not mean she is fine."

He walks until he is hovering over me. He looks up and down my body before swatting down. He puts his hand on my head. A light glow forms around his hand. A minute passes before he takes his hand away.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Just healing you."

"That's cool" troublemaker said.

The prince shrugs.

"Not really. I'm not really healing as I only transfer some of the pain to me."

I look at him in confusion before realizing what he means. I can see a bruise forming on his cheek slowly. I touch the spot where Troublemaker punched me and wince from the pain.

"You sure you want to mess your pretty face like this?" I asked.

"My looks have nothing to do with me being a proper prince." he answered.

"I'll say" Troublemaker said. "I thought you could sense others' powers? Isn't that what you said or something like that" she asked the prince.

"I can." Prince said. "Sensing powers is not a power. It is something like of a six sense. I did say I train myself to detect powers, no matter how weak or strong the power is."

"I get it. I sense them as well. I got too in order to do what I do" She said.

"Sounds useful." I said. "But I never train myself to do anything like that. Animals usually don't have powers."

"Never too late to learn. And speaking of learning..."

When Prince trails off, I feel my stomach dropping. If the smirk on his face says anything, it would be saying that I am not going to like it.

"I will see you tomorrow, Ladies."

With that, he leaves.

"Well that was an interesting conversation. I really don't know how he learned. I just automatically feel someone's power when they use it. I didn't know you could learn"

I shrug. I stretch my arms and legs before getting up. I hiss from my aching limbs. It has been a while since I did a hard workout. It is quite satisfying.

"Well," I said, "Looks like we better get back to our room."

"Yeah I guess so. Thanks for the workout though I needed to get some anger out"

"Same."

Troublemaker walks away first. I watch her disappear before picking up my discarded sword. Dark waits patiently for me. Without a word, we make our way back to our room.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

874K 26.8K 40
She wasn't quite sure what to make of her situation. Suddenly appearing in a time that was oddly reminiscent of different time, what was she supposed...
132 28 14
"Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light." Princess Ilene's troubles seemed rather foo...
209 61 17
Betrothed to the dark prince, Asterin must decide between choosing her duties, or her happiness. She already knows the ways of her family and their p...
468 19 17
This is my first story about a rather large apprentice knight in search if his first fair maiden.