You Complete Me

By titi_hendrix

Sequel to My Life's Meaning๐Ÿšจ More

โ€ข|1|โ€ข
โ€ข|2|โ€ข
โ€ข|3|โ€ข
โ€ข|4|โ€ข
โ€ข|6|โ€ข
โ€ข|7|โ€ข
โ€ข|8|โ€ข
โ€ข|9|โ€ข
โ€ข|10|โ€ข
โ€ข|11|โ€ข

โ€ข|5|โ€ข

4.2K 316 53
By titi_hendrix

Lauren Monique

It's been days and Elijah keeps bringing up the photo and Darius. We both know it was a one-time thing with taking a picture like that but yet he still can't seem to let it go. He makes it seem like I did more than pose with the guy.

And about the money, although it's a large amount to give to someone you don't know it's not unusual for a guy to try to impress a female by doing something off the wall like that.

Sometimes I feel like Elijah doubts my ability to detect bullshit when I see it, I'm not impressed by Darius nor am I entertaining him. I may be retired but at the end of the day I'm still a highly skilled assassin, I can see what's going on.

Everything doesn't need a reaction so I don't give on.

"Elijah I'm dead-ass right now, leave me alone"

"Why is it so hard for you to discuss it?" grabbing my arm he stared me down blocking the door

"There isn't shit to discuss, at the end of the day I'm a photographer. It's in my job to make sure my clients are happy with the outcome of the pictures. You're making it a big when it shouldn't be, it's been what? A week get over it"

"If it was me—"

"I wouldn't get a damn, I matured enough to not be bothered by it. I'm too old to be pressed about little shit. You have a lawsuit against you, worry about that and not about my business" snatching my arm out of his hold I went around him and made my way downstairs.

"Mama you leaving?" Milan asks rubbing her eyes clinging onto my leg as I went down the stairs.

"Yeah"

"I wanna go"

"Mimi you don't have any pants on, I'll be back in an hour or two. We can go out together in the morning"

"Promise?" yawning she looked up tiredly making eye contact

"I promise, go back to bed and don't wake up your brother"

Milan nods climbing up the stairs calling for Elijah turning the corner.

Shaking my head I got my keys and apple juice, opening the door I shrove at how cold it felt.

"Mama wait!" Delilah shouts sliding down the stairs in a princess nightgown with Jordan's on and a purple bonnet on her head. "I want to go"

Well she is clothed and has shoes on

"Come on and stop yelling before Squirt wakes up" grabbing our jackets from the coat rack I put on mines then helped her put hers on.

When we got in the truck and situated I sent Elijah a text letting him I took Delilah, the last thing I need is him panicking thinking she's missing. That man would tear up the whole neighborhood looking for her.

"Where we going?" Delilah questions

"To see Montana and Ace, we'll stop by Pops house on the way back he made pudding again"

"Yay! I like Pop Pop's pudding!" cheering she kicked the back of my seat dancing. "can you play I like dark skins, love her melanin. Huh Christian Louboutin what I'm steppin' in"

"Do you ever get tired of listening to Pop smoke?"

"Nope!"

***

Circling the building for the third time, I pulled over into an empty spot.

"Mama where we at?" yawning Delilah unbuckled herself climbing in front. "this isn't home"

"I know, I'm waiting on someone"

"Uncle Messiah?"

"How could it be him, Dee we just saw him at Pops house. Just sit back and wait"

"I don't like waiting" hugging herself she kicks off her shoes mumbling. "Mama?"

"Yeah Dee?"

"You still love me?"

Side eyeing her nod without hesitation.

"Of course, why would I ever stop loving my baby?"

"We don't play tutus and ninjas no more or make memo bread"

"That doesn't mean I don't love you, I've just been busy but we can do something tomorrow"

"Tutus and ninja?" she questions

"I don't know Dee, none of your tutus fit me"

"Uh uh daddy got me new ones, you have to tie the string around your back"

"He bought more?" I deadpan, I told him not to since she has so much. He doesn't listen to shit I say.

Covering her mouth she shakes her head.

"I wasn't supposed to tell" she mumbles face-palming herself. "don't be mad"

"I'm not mad at you, it's fine what else did he buy?"

Showing me her hand she points to a ring.

"Me and Milan have one now"

"Wow" chuckling I nod shining a light on it. "he doesn't know when to stop does it"

"Like it? It's so pretty!" giggling Delilah wiggles her fingers

It's the same ring he got me a few years ago, the promise ring that has always and forever engraved into it.

"Yeah it's a beauty" rolling my eyes playfully I looked up seeing who I've been waiting for. "get back in your seat, we're about to go"

Just as Delilah climbed into the back the passenger door opens.

"Hey hoe"

"Hurry up and get in"

"Hi, Nonna! Daddy got me a ring"

"So what are you married now?" Vivian asks waving two females over. "These my girls from Bora Bora"

"Mm were they going? Vivian, you didn't say anything about bringing people"

"They're good people, trust me"

"Can we put our bags in the truck?" the slim-figured woman asked, the other one stood a few away on the phone.

"It's open" waving her off I stared Vivian down. "who are those mother fuckas?"

"The one you just talked to is Marsella, the other one is Nae"

"Does Elijah know you brought them?"

"If you didn't know, why would he? He doesn't know I'm here unless you told him"

"I didn't"

"Will then it's a surprise, where's Tiana and Sienna?"

"Still in Italy, fuck them"

"When they come back keep that same energy" laughing Vivian turns and asks to see Delilah's ring

***
Jogging up the stairs I went to our room seeing Milan and Elijah knocked out.

Hearing the door creak open I looked back seeing Amir come in with his iPad in one hand and blanket in the other.

"Mama" he sniffs reaching for me

"Hey baby" taking my shoes off I picked him up sitting beside Elijah's sleeping form. "how long have you been awake?"

"I don't know" leaning into me he rubs his eyes. "where did you go?"

"To get Nonna, do you want to go see her?"

"No"

Elijah's hands trailed up my back to my shoulder, shrugging it off I looked at him.

"Did you check on my baby while I was out?"

"Yes, he was asleep when I did" Elijah nods propping himself up on his arm

"When was that?"

Glancing at the clock he shrugs.

"An hour ago, why does it feel like your still mad at me?"

"I'm not mad, I'm calm. Did you get Squirt a chain or bracelet? Dee told me about the rings. I hope you didn't leave my boy out"

"Why would I do that, Lauren? I got him a watch"

"That he can't read?"

"It's not a real watch, it's a Nemo one. He didn't want anything I offered just the watch and a necklace like the one you're wearing"

The necklace he got me for my twentieth birthday, shine a light on it and it says I love you in a hundred different languages.

"Does he have it?"

"No, it's still being made"

"Oh, why do all the kids have jewelry like mines?"

"Because they asked for it" in a duh tone he turns away. "I won't buy anything else from now on so stop being so grumpy please"

"I'm not grumpy, I just told you I'm calm"

"You can be calm and angry at the same time, Babe. Come to bed"

Crawling over him with Squirt in my arms I kicked his leg in the process, Milan sat up sucking on her thumb rubbing her head.

"Morning time?" she questions

"Not yet, go back to bed munchkin" Elijah chuckles swatting her hand away from his face.

"Elijah?" I hum

"Hmm?"

"Fuck you"

"I love you too, Babe"

➿ Add Solitude to your library, Tiana & Remo's story. Geo and Sienna's story will also be in it. ➿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 111K 49
๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ.
70.3K 2K 31
read nd find out .
3.6M 165K 136
A Stephen James book! (BWWM) "What the hell? No, get your ass in that house and beat Elijah's ass" she pulls me up "do you want to be with him?" "Of...