Temptress: Cursed Blessing [B...

By Empress_A

[Ranked 2nd in #fanfiction out of 1.18M stories (09/29/2020)] Kei Yagami. Holder of a one-in-a-billion quirk... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
54.5
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
S K Y
S T A R S
C I T Y . L I G H T S
M O O N
S U N
G R O U N D
H O M E
KEI YAGAMI'S NAME (ORIGIN)
THE "BEST" SPOTTED (2020)

25

8.9K 429 118
By Empress_A

As the recreational activities are being held, Kei wanders, looking for a specific room. She stumbles upon a spiky ash blonde's back facing against the wall. She smiles, seeing how the male is trying to focus. The female resumes her journey on a thought that Katsuki is the probable final boss-she has assessed the 1-A skills in All Might's battle simulation after all. However, she cannot deny the fact she could face him soon, and it unnerves her.

She opens a door sluggishly, revealing green-haired and tailed students in the middle of a discussion. Both said males stopped to look at Kei.

The female sweat-drops, murmuring to herself, "Wrong room but, oh well." She invites herself in, waving at the broccoli, "Hey Izu ~ looking mortified, as usual."

She drags a sit beside the tailed man. "You," he says.

"Me," Kei deadpans.

"You were one of us! Do you remember anything before the start of the cavalry battle?"

"Oh, so that's what you're discussing," Kei coos. "I remember dragging you to Toshi although after that, I can't really tell you."

"I see. So you have no memories as well," the tailed man says, trailing his voice.

"I didn't mean it that way-" Kei raises an eyebrow in objection.

Her statement was cut short by Izuku, "Toshi? As in Shinso? So you know him! What's-"

"Bup bup," Kei raises a finger, halting the male. "As much as I'd like to play favorites, I'll save the thrill for later." She stands up. "Besides, one person is already enough to give you a jumpstart of what is to come," Kei says, winking at the tailed man. "And oh, Izuku, I haven't seen you use your quirk yet."

"Leave the thrill for later, right?" Izuku says with a determined gaze.

Kei pauses for a fraction of second, witnessing the boy's willpower. "Touché," the female murmurs, internally delighted to see the gaze she is searching for. She leaves the room with one remark, "Very well ~ I'm wishing you best of luck! You might need it."

The males gaze at the female's back before continuing their planning.

On her way to the other room, Kei mentally face-palms, "I kinda gave away who I'm gonna put my tabs on."

"Oh, and would that be on me?" Hitoshi's voice rings from behind, making Kei's eye twitch in anticipation.

She faces the indigo-haired male. "And here I thought you are warming up already. Now, I'm having second thoughts."

Hitoshi walks past the girl and into the room, "Go ahead then, and regret your change of mind later."

Kei tails the said male. "Oh ho ~ someone's putting a hundred percent assurance in his quirk ~"

"Aren't you also though?" Hitoshi says, referring to Kei's confidence in his power. He pulls a chair and sits on it, facing the female who mirrors his actions.

"Well, yes and no." Kei's chin lands on the back of her hand resting against the table. "In mental strength, by all means, yes, you're basically undefeated, alright. Your quirk is very strong, after all-although it might not work against a few people. But of course, you already know that." She shifts her position, now placing her finger under her chin. "But you see, to utilize such a quirk to its fullest extent, it needs the wielder to have intellect and technique in using it."

"You're saying?"

"-that I'm putting my bet on you rather than your quirk alone," she smirks mischievously.

Hitoshi gives the girl a knowing smile, his eyes becoming tender by the second. "You're overestimating me."

"Oh, believe me, I have high standards and you're one of them ~"

-

As Cementoss prepares the stage for the final round, the audience gets heated up. The contenders are already sitting tight, waiting for the fights to occur.

"Thank you Cementoss! Hey guys, are you ready?" Present Mic says, riling up the crowd. "There were a lot of events but it's come down to this! The final battle! You can only rely on yourself. There are situations like this even if you're not a hero. You know it, right? Heart, technique, body, wisdom and knowledge. Utilize them all to rise to the top!"

Kei searches for a seat available from the audience.

"The first round," now Hizashi's features flash at the monitor-his hands covering her face in anticipation. "He's had good results, so what's with that face? Izuku Midoriya from the Hero course, versus," he pauses for a while as he addresses the next challenger, "sorry, but he hasn't had any notable results, Hitoshi Shinso from the Ordinary course."

The female chuckles from his remark. "Well, that is true though."

"The rules are simple. Either throw them out of bounds or paralyze them. It's also your win if you make the opponent say 'I give up'. Don't worry about injuries. Our Recovery Girl is standing by. Throw your morals and ethics aside for a moment. But life-threatening attacks are for scums! You'll be disqualified! A hero uses their fists to fight with villains." As if on cue, Cementoss sits on his just-made chair, refereeing the fights.

Kei finally settles for a sit on General Studies bleachers.

"Ready? Start!" Present Mic announces.

Just at that moment, Izuku approaches Hitoshi with scornful expression plastered on his face.

"Oh no, this is gonna end earlier than expected," Kei muses to no one in particular.

Right on point, Izuku freezes.

"Hey, it's the first round! Make it exciting!" Present Mic's voice echoes through the stadium.

Kei internally face-palms, recalling how the tailed man bothered to give Izuku some tips.

"Right from the start, Midoriya has been paralyzed! He's frozen and won't budge at all. Is this Shinso's quirk? He wasn't standing out at all, but is he actually someone to watch out for?!" Hizashi exclaims. "Hitoshi Shinso from Ordinary course has Midoriya under his control. This is an unexpected situation! Will he be overthrown?"

"That's why I said the entrance exam was not reasonable," Aizawa comments, to which Kei nods on. "Here's the data on both of them. It's an individual event so I had it prepared."

"It's funny how my guardian's diligence covers up his colleague's partial negligence in commentating and that the latter brings life to the former's monochromatic way of communicating to the mob," Kei snickers at the combination.

"Shinso. He failed the hero course practical exam. Since he also applied for the Ordinary Course, he must have expected that. His quirk is very strong but the entrance exam was against robot villains. It's advantageous towards students with physically strong quirks."

"Looks like you already attracted a pair of pro's eyes. Good for you Toshi ~" Kei coos, setting soft gaze on the indigo-haired male. "Oh ho ~" she hums, seeing that Izuku starts to walk towards the boundary.

"Eh? What? Midoriya is so obedient!" Present Mic yells.

"Although he could rather have commanded his opponent to say 'I give up' ~ But that defeats his purpose of proving himself worthy of rising on the top with his quirk. I'll give you credit for that Toshi."

Izuku was one step away from the edge of the stage when Kei felt a sudden surge of power emanating from the male. She has her eyes widen in utter shock for a fraction of second.

A strong gust of wind came rushing everywhere from his direction, partially blinding the referee and his competitor.

Izuku gasps for air right at that moment, seemingly returning to his right mind.

"Midoriya has stopped!" Present Mic announces, rekindling the excitement of the crowd.

Kei processes what happened, analyzing the physical state of the boy. Her eyes dart on a specific area. "His fingers are... sore?" Kei gasps. "Oh, and that's what I'm worried about of course, but how was he able to break through Toshi's quirk?" She sighs, "Is this some sort of plot armor?"

Izuku then dashes towards Hitoshi who is still attempting to spark up a conversation. The broccoli grabs the indigo-haired male and tries to push him off-bounds, the latter still putting up a fight. Right when the edge nears, Hitoshi punches Izuku's injury and maneuvers, switching their places. The purple-head then attempts to grab Izuku's collar with his right hand but he found himself forcefully lifted, subsequently hitting the ground hard.

"Shinso is out of bounds!" Midnight announces, raising her hand. "Midoriya advances to the second round!"

The crowd cheers wildly at the unexpected turn of events.

Hitoshi's tightening grip, however, did not go past Kei's keen eyes.

"That was pretty bland for the first round," Hizashi says from the monitor, "but let's praise them for their fight. Clap your hands!"

"I know this is for fun and all but I might smack the sense out of him one day," Kei whispers in between devilish grin.

The two males return to their starting position, in front of Cementoss, for a friendly gesture to conclude the match. Hitoshi then starts to walk off the stage and towards his tunnel.

Before he reaches his exit, his classmates' praises reach his ears.

"You were so cool, Shinso!"

"Good job!"

"That was amazing!"

"You're the star of the Ordinary Course!"

"You had a great fight against the first place winner of the Obstacle Race!"

"And plus," his classmate says, pointing to a group of licensed heroes.

"That quirk is really useful for a fight against the villains. I want it."

"UA is so stupid. That's the Ordinary Course?"

"There are so many applicants that I'm sure it can't be helped."

"Experience in battle really makes a difference."

"What a waste."

"Did you hear that Shinso? You're amazing!"

As soon as he enters the tunnel, Hitoshi was tackled with a hug, his stature almost stumbling due to the force. "I'm so proud of you, best boy!"

Kei recalls the expression which the boy showcased a while ago.

It was precious.

Hitoshi holds the girl tight, hiding his face from her view as tears start to well up on the corners of his eyes. "Thank you, Kei."

-

"Thanks for waiting!" Present Mic declares, marking the beginning of the next round. "The next fight is between these two!"

The names Shoto Todoroki and Hanta Sero appear on the screen.

"He's capable but why can't he get rid of his blandness. Hanta Sero from the Hero Course versus," he resumes, directing the attention towards the seemingly triggered male, "second and first place in the prelims. You're too strong! His recommendation for admission was no joke! Shoto Todoroki, also from the Hero Course! The second match in the final event. Ready?! Start!"

Hanta binds Shoto with his tape and starts dragging him off the stage with it.

"A surprise attack that takes him out of bounds. This might be the best strategy! Get him Sero!" Hizashi commentates.

Kei bores her eyes to the bi-toned male, already aware of his next intention.

In a second, the ground started freezing-making half of the arena an incarnation of the ice age.

Everyone was silenced with pure shock, even the emcees.

"Sero, can you move?" Midnight, who is literally half frozen, asks.

"Of course not, ow," Hanta replies, shivering.

"Sero is immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round!"

The crowd then starts cheering, "Don't mind!"

Kei shoots a perceptive gaze, her eyes sharpening by the moment.

-

"Everybody, thanks for waiting! The stage that was iced during the second match is now dry and ready. The sparkling killing boy, Denki Kaminari from the Hero Course, versus," Hizashi introduces the next round's contenders, "another unnoticed participant from the General Studies, Kei Yagami!"

The two face the other on the stage.

"Now, now, we're expecting another flashy battle. Let's start!"

"Hey cutie, have we met somewhere before?" Denki flashes a smile. "How about we go out to eat after this? I can comfort you." He starts to stretch his limbs as electricity starts to emit from his body. "Because this match will be over in a second."

Kei hums in response, reflecting her challenger's smirk, but more shrewd. She extends her arm to the male.

And before he know it, a large white flame wildly erupts past him, almost similar to a huge explosion, stunning the said male. Kei uses this for cover. She suddenly emerges to the still effective attack with sprouted wings, aiming for a hard punch.

"Yagami closed their distance as soon as she shoots her quirk! That was fast! And where did the wings come from?!" Present Mic exclaims.

Due to extremely high heat of the flames she just passed through, her clothes almost immediately disappear, except for the pair of undergarments she received from her guardian. The sudden exposure of her body, paired with the glimmering mint green hues, distracted Denki from either counterattacking or evading. Kei smirks widely as she successfully lands a hit on the male's face, brutally letting the force lead him out of bounds and into the outer walls.

"Instant defeat! Let me say it again! Instant defeat!" Present Mic says. "And what's with this unexpected fan service-ow!" There was a smack heard from the microphone.

"Yagami advances to the second round!" Midnight declares.

A certain blonde came rushing to the stage with a big towel.

"Can she go now?!" he asks, addressing to the referee, to which Midnight agrees.

Kei sets her foot on the ground near the said male. "Yo," she curtly greets.

"Don't you 'YO' me! Are you out of your fucking mind?!" he immediately throws it to cover the girl. He then drags the female to the tunnel.

"But it can't be helped-"

"If you hadn't reminded me of this awful scenario, you wouldn't even have anyone here to follow through!"

"Awe, but you're here, Full Moon ~ And besides, you wouldn't call it awful, would you ~" she says, leaning closer to the male as she levitates on the ground with her wings still on display.

Katsuki pulls the girl down and immediately pins her on the wall. He replies in a dangerously low voice, "Oh, I would, not if I'm the only one who sees this gorgeous body of yours."

"I can put up a private show if you want ~" Kei says, her fingers tracing Katsuki's defined jawline, sending chills on the spine of the male.

He squints his eyes, leaning forward. His husky voice pleasing Kei's ears. "I'll be waiting after the competition then." He suddenly pauses, leading Kei further inside. "Now dress the fuck up you damned woman!"

"Still a gentleman for an ass," Kei giggles as she murmurs.

"Don't talk like I'm not here, you stupid, careless woman!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.2K 46
Soulmate AU one-shots and two-shots - character x reader, maybe character x character if requested. [Requests currently CLOSED!] All reader characte...
171K 7K 29
βπ˜πŽπ” π’π‡πŽπ”π‹πƒ πŠππŽπ– 𝐁𝐘 ππŽπ– 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 πŒπ€πƒπ„ π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 ππ‘πŽπŠπ„π.❞ β•°β”ˆβ”€βž€ π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™ π˜Ώπ™–π™—π™ž π™©π™šπ™–π™˜π™π™šπ™¨ οΏ½...
75.7K 2.8K 45
In which Y/n L/n is a villain, or at least that's how it seems. But what happens when life throws a curveball at her and she has to start over and fi...
3.2M 66.8K 136
Here you can read countless variations or the exact same characters Kohei Horikoshi has created. Maybe you're curious to who your perfect MHA...