Jazz Up

Par Trintrinas

Life is life, you never know what's going to happen nexts or what's to expect. See how Huey and Jazmine's une... Plus

The Drive
Halloween
Sleep Over
Triple Date
Deception
The Hill
First Date
Love Sick
Lie Detector
Museum
Christmas Eve
Happy New Year
New Beginnings
Basketball
Valentine's Day
Black History Celebration
Game Night
Spying
Spring Festival
Dull Day
Unforgettable Night
Parting Ways
The Fallen Mind

Pilot

2.3K 29 65
Par Trintrinas

Over the years everybody had bloomed! Cindy had a slim fit body due to basketball, size B cups, and was standing at 5'7. Riley has a slim fit body due to basketball, him being a wannabe gangsta, and was standing at 6'0. Ceasar had a slim and lean body due to him playing soccer and sometimes football, he is from Jamaica, he has nice dreadlocks, and he stands at 6'1. Hiro a slim man, he DJ's at a lot of parties we either go to or he invites us to, and he stands at 5'11. Ming has a slim body because she plays kickball 24/7, it's getting to the point where she might go pro next year and stands at 5'6. Huey, he had a toned body due to him doing martial arts on his own time and meditation, he was very into black history, and he stood at 6'1. Jazmine had a thick fit body due to her running a little track in fields and doing dance, she stood at 5'7.

Jazmine POV

Hi, my name is Jazmine Dubious, I'm 16 years old, I live in Baltimore, Maryland and I'm a junior at Woodcrest High School. My girl best friend is Cindy McPhearson, my boy best friend is Huey Freeman, and others in the group are Riley, Ceasar, Hiro, and Ming. Cindy and I have been best friends ever since we met each other at the fundraiser Riley had put together. Then Huey and I have been best friends ever since he got his nose broken by his former one.

People say I have gotten thick throughout the years. They mostly keep pointing out how fat my butt is and my nice curves. I don't think it's that fat, folks just are over exaggerating over it. I had an hourglass body shape which seems to be likable to others, especially boys. Unlike the other's, I dance but it's more in the arts or on stage. I stand at 5'6 which isn't too short or too tall.

Today I was at home grabbing some hair products so I could head over to Freeman's house. I had the shampoo, conditioner, bags, comb for detangling, and moisturizer. That was all in my pink glittery backpack and I had left my room heading downstairs towards the front door. I saw my mom pulling food out of the refrigerator as she was watching a cooking show. "Hey Mom I'm head out and going to Freeman's house to do Riley's hair," I told her as she looked up at me. "Be home by 6:30 for dinner," she told me as I answered with an: "Okay!".

I left the house and started to walk across the street to Freeman's residents. I stood on their doorstep and rang the doorbell twice. I waited until either Huey, Riley, or Mr. Freeman answered the door. I heard Mr. Freeman and Riley yelling, but I couldn't quite understand what they were saying. I heard footsteps towards the door which somebody was finally coming to answer it. The front door open to be met by Mr. Freeman, who had on a suit. "Well hello Cutie Pie," he smiled.

"Hi, Mr. Freeman is Riley here? I need to do his hair," I simply asked him. "Yes his hardheaded ass is playing his video games; HE KEEPS LOSING AT!" he yelled in the last part. I tried my best not to laugh and he stepped aside. "Come on in,". I walked inside. "You know you don't have to ring on the doorbell you can just walk right in your family as well," he told me. "I know, but I think it's more respectful to knock," I smiled. I looked in the living to see Riley playing his video games and I heard Mr. Freeman mumble: "Tom and Sarah have raised that baby right,".

I walked into the living room to see Riley playing his video game not showing any attention towards me. "Hey, Riley you ready to get your hair done?" he didn't even turn to look at me. "Yeah just let me finish this level," he answered. "Boy gets your ass off that game of yours and lets Cutie Pie do your hair," he scolds him. "Man," smacked his lips and turned off his console.

I walked over to the couch and sat down while Riley grabbed his phone and went and sat between my legs. I had to undo his cornrows since he was too lazy to take down. I started to unravel them as he was texting somebody (most likely Cindy). "So what have you been up to Riley?" I asked trying to create conversation. "Nothing much other than basketball and I guess school," he sighed.

"What's going on with school?"

"I'm not doing so well in this one specific class,"

"Like?"

"Mainly in Algebra 2, my teacher is trippin'. I can't play some upcoming games since I'm failing her class," he sighed. "Why don't you ask Huey for help," I suggested. "I'm not asking Huey's gay ass for help, I already listen to his speeches all day which is why I don't have trouble in my other classes," he smacked his lips. "Well maybe I can help, I'm good at math, it's my favorite subject," I exclaimed.

"Cool with me, what days you free?" he asked. "I have practice on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so Tuesday and Thursday are good for me," "Alright that's cool," he smirked. I was done unraveling his hair and I tapped his shoulder to signal him to get up.

He got up from in between my legs and walked into the kitchen to go turn on the faucet. I walked into the kitchen with my shampoo, conditioner, and a shower cap. "Aye Jazmine, Huey had bought me some hair products so that I won't have to keep using yours all the time. I know your shit is expensive," he told me. "Riley it's okay I don't mind sharing, but where are your products at?" I asked him as he pointed upstairs. "It's either in my room or Huey's room," he told me.

"You gonna go get them?" I asked him as he dipped his head into the sink. I rolled my eyes and just walked upstairs to go get them. I walked down the hallway and went to Riley's room first and couldn't find any shampoo or conditioner. So I decided to head to Huey's room, but as I was walking down the hallway I could hear a bunch of breathing. I didn't want to walk into what I think I was going to walk into.

Not wanting to be surprised I had knocked on his door before I could be disgusted. I waited a couple of seconds and he still didn't answer the door. Now that I think about it, I don't think Huey could get with a girl. Well, he could, but he's so intimidating with everybody, especially when he scowls at everybody. I always wonder why he scowls so much, I'm not even sure if he's ever smiled in his life. I bet it would kill him to smile if somebody asked him too.

I had opened the door to see Huey on the other side of the room doing pushups. He had his earbuds in his ear which explains why he didn't hear me. I started to look around his room, but I couldn't find Riley's hair stuff. I went into his bathroom to look for it, but I still couldn't find it.

"Can I help you with something?" I heard an unexpected voice. I looked up to see it was Huey standing at the entrance of the door. "Ummm yes," I told him. "With what?" "Riley's hair stuff you got him," I said. He turned around to go get Riley's hair products and for some reason, something had smelled off. Surprisingly isn't wasn't humid in the room, it was something else that smelled. As I got closer to Huey it was getting worse.

I started to sniff his hair and that's where the smell was coming from. "Eww Huey," I covered my nose. "What?" he turned back and scowled at. "You smell," he looked at me like I was slow. "Jazmine I'm working out, what makes you think I'm not going to smell," he asked rhetorically pitching between the bridge of his nose. "Not you, well yes you, but what I mean is your hair," I exaggerated. "When's the last time you washed it?" I asked him as he seemed to think about it: "About like a couple of months ago. I spray water and put moisturizer on it sometimes," he told me as I felt my eyes widen.

How can an ex-revolutionist or at least somebody who is for Black Power not keep their hair clean? "You know what you're going to give me Riley's products and then after I get done doing his hair, I'm going to wash yours," I scowled at him. We both stood there at each other's throats not making a move or even blinking. I never thought I would stand up against Huey Freeman who scares off everybody.

I saw the products on his nightstand and just walked past him to go get it. I felt him still staring at me as I grabbed the products and was fin to head back to the kitchen to wash Riley's hair until I smelled Huey's hair once again. "That's it, I'm washing your hair whether you like it or not," I hissed at him. I grabbed his wrist, but he had kinda swung me on his bed. He stood over and held both of my wrists with one hand. I starred at Huey's wide eyes that seemed to always be a mystery for me.

"Aye Jazmine, can you do my hair before you start having sex with Huey's gay ass?" Riley had yelled from the entrance of Huey's door. Huey had let go of me and I had got out of his bed. Riley and I left his room and started to head downstairs. "I wasn't going to have sex with Huey Riley, we aren't even dating, we're just friends," I said disgusted by it. "Yeah yeah yeah if you say so Jazmine," he waved his hand in the air not even buying it.

We made it to the kitchen and I had turned the faucet right back on. We waited a minute or two until the water got warm and he had dipped his head in. I started rinse, put shampoo in, rinse it out, then put conditioner in it, and I put a bag over his hair. "Let that sit for about a couple of minutes," I told him. "Alright cool," he left the kitchen, and then I heard somebody ring the doorbell multiple times. Riley had walked to the door and opened it to be met with Cindy.

"What up C-Murph!" Riley greeted Cindy with a kiss. Oh, I forgot to mention that Cindy and Riley are dating. "Hey Reezy!" she smiled at him. He had let her in and once she saw me she said: "What up Biiiitch!" Cindy emphasized and I couldn't help but laugh. "Hey Cindy," I walked up and hugged her. "I can see you are busy doing his hair," she observed Riley. "Yeah," I said going back to the kitchen to turn the faucet back on. Riley took the bag off his head and placed it on the counter.

Riley dipped his head back into the sink as I started to rinse all the conditioner out of his hair. "Hey Cindy, can you go grab a towel for Riley please?" I kindly asked her. "Sure girl," she walked away and went to go grab a towel. I squeezed some of the water out of Riley's hair and Cindy had come back in time with the towel. I grabbed it and wrapped it around Riley's hair.

"Okay go wait on the couch for me," I told him as he walked into the living room with Cindy. I cleaned up the area so we wouldn't have to hear Mr. Freeman fuss like he did the last time. I was heading out of the kitchen towards the living room to see Riley already waiting for me. I looked to see Huey coming from upstairs shirtless with a towel. "You get done showering?" I asked as he walked right dead in front of me. "I changed my mind," he suddenly said. "About what?" I smirked. "With you washing my hair," he bit his tongue while scowling at me.

"Okay, I'll do your hair after I get done with Riley's hair," I patted his shoulder and skipped to the couch. Riley sat between my legs and he had put on a movie for everybody to watch. Huey had come into the living room and sat down in the chair. I started to part Riley's hair then Cindy all of a sudden had tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey Jazmine, I was at the basketball court today before I came over here and somebody was asking about you," she chanted. "Really who?" I started to get excited. "So you know Austin?" "Yeah, the 6'2 Carmel man that's in study hall with me?" I smiled. "Yeah him, he was asking about you," she poked at me. "Doesn't he know I barely come to the court?" I asked her as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Bitch you go to the basketball court all the time just to socialize," Riley said out of the blue. "Riley language," Huey hissed. "Nigga shut yo gay ass up, she knows damn well she be there all the time. I'm about surprised you don't know how to play a little basketball," Riley mumbled the last part. "Hey I know a little basketball," I defended. "You do?" Cindy said surprised.

"Yes, like I know there can be five players from each team on the court, then you can do things like a free throw, you can't just hold the ball while you're running you have to dribble, and other stuff," I tried my best to explain. "Well it's good you know a little basketball rule," Riley had said. "I'm honestly not that into basketball, the only reason I know a little about it is that my dad coached basketball, then when I was a cheerleader I went to a bunch of games, and you two talk about it all the time," I explained.

Riley and Cindy just looked at me funny and I felt a bit funny. "Okay let's switch the subject back to Austin," I pleaded. "Okay Austin was asking about you and I know you might get upset or excited but I gave him your phone number," she said all excited. I started to get nervous because I didn't think she would do all that. Well knowing Cindy I shouldn't be surprised with what she does.

"You know you could have just given him my Instagram?" I simply stated. "He already has it and he tried to text you, but you don't respond to none of your messages," I had rolled my eyes because anybody should know by now I'm not on social media that much. "I don't be on social media that much. The only time I go on my account is if I want to post something," I simply told her. I heard Riley giggling, but I decided to ignore it since I was halfway done with his cornrows.

"That nigga is a fuckboy," Riley had cursed. "What makes you say that, have you been checking him out or something Riley," Cindy had teased him. "Girl I'm not gay, I'm just tryna say that a bunch of girls throw themselves at him," he hissed. "Yeah and I'm not ready to lose my purity," I felt nervous just by the thought of it. "What the fuck is a purity?" Riley hissed at me. "She's saying that she doesn't want to lose her virginity," Huey simply said. He was reading a book about Malcolm X and I'm surprised that he was even listening to our conversation.

"Oh then just say that nobody not gonna understand them innocent words of yours Jazmine," Riley kinda threw his hands up in the air. "I don't like using the terms most of you guys use," I mumbled. "Bless your innocent soul Jazzy," Cindy patted my shoulder while giggling. "Thank you Cindy even though I can sense your sarcasm," I told her as she laughed some more. I was finished braiding Riley's hair and tapped him on the shoulder. "I'm done!" he had used my legs to lift himself off the ground then started to stretch.

"Thanks, Jazmine," he thanked me as I smiled. He left upstairs while Cindy had followed after him. I looked at Huey and smiled at him: "It's your turn to get your hair washed," I chanted. He rolled his eyes as he put his book down. Huey and I had got up off the furniture and went to the kitchen. I'm so happy I get to wash his hair because it stinks. I happily turned on the faucet and we waited for a minute or two.

He was just scowling at me as I was too happy to care what facial expression he was giving me. "Are you that happy to wash my hair?" he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yes!" I nodded my head like a little five-year-old. "Geez," he mumbled. "You never let me touch your hair," I whined, "Yeah and I'm allowing you to touch it since you offered to wash it," he said. "I don't care whatever reason you're allowing me to touch your hair, but I'm grateful," I felt my cheeks heat up.

I put my fingers under the water to see if it was warm. It felt warm enough for me, so I had gestured Huey to dip his head into the sink. I had to use the hose since I couldn't get all of his hair. I rinsed his hair, put shampoo in it, scrubbed it in as much as I could, then washed it out, and then some moisturizer. I was going to let that sit in for ten minutes at most. I had to grab my cap because Huey's hair is almost about the same size as mine, but my hair is a little bit longer. 

"Jazmine, I'm not wearing that," he said referring to my pink shower cap. "Nobody's going to see you with a pink shower cap," I told him as I tried to put it on him. He just moved away from me and I wasn't going to waste my time trying to put a cap over Huey's hair. "Fine okay," I put my shower cap back in my bag I brought over.

I heard a buzz on my phone letting me know somebody had texted me. I walked over to my phone which on the couch to see I got texted from a random number saying: "Hey". Cindy did say something about her giving my number to Austin. I logged in and texted: "Hey, who is this?". I got an immediate response saying: "Austin". I felt my heart start to beat a bit faster then started panicking.

"Oh my God, what do I do?" I put my hands in my hair for stress relief. Huey was scowling at me still with his arms crossed. "Huey, what do I do?" I walked in front of him. "Jazmine let me see your phone," he demanded as I handed him my phone. Instead of him typing a message, he had turned my ringer and phone off. "What the-" I covered my mouth because I knew I was about to curse. "You'll thank me later," he walked back to the kitchen and turned the faucet on.

"Come on Huey, you were supposed to be helping me," I whined. "I did, you don't need to be wasting your time with niggas like that," he told me. "But Austin is smart, athletic, and he doesn't seem to get into that much trouble," I defended. "Okay Jazmine if you say so," he rolled his eyes.

I don't know why he even cares that much. Usually, he doesn't even bother with the situation. I know I asked him for some advice, but I thought he would at least type a simple text. But then again it's Huey, he doesn't get himself into mess unless he haves too. I washed all the moisturizer out of his hair then I put a towel around his head. I was glad that it was smelling good now, so now all I had to do was put some stuff in and then let it dry.

I was putting my hair products in my bag and Huey decided to help me out. Instead of staying over like I usually do, I decided to leave the Freeman Residence and head home.

Thank you for reading!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

604K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
3.2K 130 24
When they lost all the Miraculous all hope is lost, but together Vanitas and you shall defeat Monarch and get them back. To the Infinity and beyond t...
218K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
142K 2.3K 41
Collection of oneshots of the GBG and more! ________ ┊┊┊┊ ┊┊┊┊ ┊┊┊┊ ┊┊┊☆ requests: open again! ┊┊┊ ┊┊☆ boys written so far: ┊┊ - matt/inotoriou...