Nanbaka: tales of the snowflo...

By KrystalEndermalie

Nanba. A prison whose location is unknown to the public. a place where the most dangerous and hard to contain... More

Chapter one: Idiots with numbers/ past memories
Chapter two: Snow flower
Chapter three: New years tournament.
Chapter four: Shiro
Chapter five: two long days
Chapter six: Return to a childhood place
Chapter Seven: Cell 13's rewards
Chapter eight: a game room and an Elf.
Chapter nine: building 5
Chapter ten: a kappa and a pheasant
Chapter eleven: the truth.
Chapter twelve: Heart of justice
Chapter thirteen: Day off.
Chapter fourteen: day off 2
Chapter fifteen: valentine's day
Chapter sixteen: a normal day in the prison.
Chapter seventeen: scar of the past.
chapter eighteen: Wanting to be stronger
Chapter nineteen: the first day.
About (y/n) Yukinohana
Chapter twenty: The ice mask is breaking.
Chapter twenty-one: Bond of ice and fire.
special Christmas episode!
Chapter Twenty-two: Orphan of ice
Chapter twenty-three: the wardens' talk.
Chapter Twenty-four: Date, set, match!
Chapter twenty-five: the watcher
chapter twenty-six: the date with Koisuke
Chapter twenty-seven: School's in session
Chapter twenty eight: The ocean spirit
Chapter Twenty-nine: Nightmares
Chapter Thirty: The Doctor
Chapter thirty-two: Facing hell
Chapter Thirty-three: In hell
Chapter thirty-four: Kojiro
Chapter Thirty-five: Introductions to the others
Chapter Thirty-six: Housemates

Chapter Thirty one: New inmates

164 4 0
By KrystalEndermalie

"You're pretty close to him.," the voice of the ocean spirit spooked (y/n) as she was getting ready for bed, she covered her bare chest with her pillow.
"Don't come in unannounced!," She scolded, causing the spirit to laugh.
"I'm sorry Yuki. I can't help wanting to talk to you.," the ocean spirit grinned. The young woman threw another pillow at the spirit, who leaned to the side to avoid the pillow to the face.
"So, who was that? You two looked like you are very close.," the spirit spoke again as he let the woman slip her nightclothes on quickly.
"He's my boyfriend.," The young woman replied.
"Boyfriend?," the cheery tone of the ocean spirit dropped, "Is that so?"
His tone was no longer friendly, it sounded a little dark.
(Y/n) looked back at her spirit friend, "He's a good guy. He's kind and wants to help the inmates, like I do."
His shadow covered face was right up against hers, glowing yellow eyes peered out from the inky black pools and mass. He looked like a looming shark. This was the first time she felt a little threatened by this spirit. She leaned back, putting some distance between her face and the spirit's.
"Um. What is it?," the icy woman asked.
"You two cannot be together.," the spirit spoke, "Your power makes it that you will hurt people who are not immune to you."

(Y/n) knew he was right, "I want to try anyway! Perhaps if I opened my heart, then I could possibly find someone who I could love and finally put my sorrow of losing my best and only friend to rest!"
The spirit pulled back seemingly to think over her response to him.
"You're just going to hurt yourself by doing this. Very few can stand your temperatures.," the shadowy spirit spoke and reached his hand out to her, "I don't want to see you be hurt anymore, we've been through enough."
His hand stopped before her, like he was holding back.
His eyes looked away from her, "You've already forgotten me, haven't you?"
The icy therapist tried to remember. But, she could not remember anyone with those unique eyes.
"You have. I can see it in your face.," the spirit spoke, "You don't remember who I am. But, I don't blame you. The trauma does that to people."
His voice was not dark, nor was it cheery. It was sad, mournful.
The spirit turned back towards her and gave her a smile, "It's okay. We're still friends. I still love you."
That smile. That sharp toothed, yet kind, smile. Like a shark.
"I'm sorry for startling you.," the shark like spirit said, "you should get some rest, big day tomorrow. Right?"

The woman's two toned eyes were confused before the spirit motioned to her phone. She checked it and saw a message from Momoko. The prisoner transfer had been moved up a week, they would be there the next day! Her eyes widened as she realized what this meant. These two fellow experiments would come to Nanba and she had to talk to them! Her heart was beating fast, there was no way she would get to sleep if she was this excited.
She heard her shark friend laugh a bit, "Your face is really cute, Yuki. That has to be good news."
She looked over to the ocean spirit that was sitting beside her now, a cup was in his hand like he was drinking.
"The two new prisoners are coming here. I have to screen them in and talk to them since they are like me.," (y/n) spoke, "I did not think that they would come so soon."
"Looks like you have a fun day planned tomorrow, Yuki.," the spirit chimed, "But that means you need sleep. Yet you don't seem like you can sleep right now. Not with how you're acting. Oh, the inconvenience of Narcolepsy."
The spirit looked down at the young woman who had laid down in an attempt to get to sleep. He took her hand in his own.
"Stay until I fall asleep?," the young woman asked.
"No promises.," the spirit smiled and held her hand as she closed her eyes.
His thumb rubbed the back of her hand gently. The quiet of the night was undisturbed by the two. He listened to her breathing and felt her pulse. Both were slowing down. Seems like the narcolepsy was on her side this time.

The ocean spirit was gone when she was woken up by the ringing of her phone.
It was Momoko calling, "(y/n), you better get up! You overslept, Shin and the prisoners are almost here."
"Oh shit!," (y/n) exclaimed and hung the phone up before getting dressed quickly.
She threw on her complete uniform, the jacket and official hat as well. After making sure she was perfect in the mirror, she ran out to the helipad. She was late, the helicopter was already there. The doors were open and two men were getting out as Shin and Dread were already out and Speaking to Momoko. The young therapist ran up to stand beside her boss, leaning over to catch her breath before straightening up to stand at attention to Momoko.
The blue haired warden looked at her therapist, "Thank you for coming, Yukinohana." She got a salute from the therapist before the masked worker turned to the two prisoners and gave them a friendly bow to greet them.
"Who is this, Miss Hyakushiki?," the blond warden of the women's prison asked and looked to the masked individual before him, "His mask is creepy."
"You already met Yukinohana.," the blue haired warden spoke with little patience towards her peer, "As we agreed before, Yukinohana will talk to them and assess them before things will be put underway."

"Fine by me.," Shin spoke and held the lead out to the young woman. The lead attached to the pair of male prisoners behind him. Both were fairly attractive. (Y/n) took the lead and tilted her head at the prisoners.
"Be careful. 1111 is belligerent. Be firm with him. 396 is easier to handle.," the warden spoke, "Now go and do whatever you need to while Miss Hyakushiki and I set up everything."
The blue and pink haired young woman bowed and walked away, stopping only because of the two not following. She made a little tug on the lead. The one known as 1111 or Ikkaku was refusing to move, his pinkish eyes glared at the therapist he stood taller than.
"I'm not going anywhere unless I'm getting something to eat.," the impressive man growled. The other one hid behind Ikkaku, he had to be a little shy.
(Y/n) pulled one of her cards out of her pocket and scribbled on the back, 'I have some snacks and drinks in my office.'
"Unless it is meat, I'm not moving.," the man growled, "Weak little bitch."
The woman looked down at Ikkaku's feet. While his friend was wearing gripping boots, he was not. He was barefoot. Might as well. The therapist turned and tugged at the lead again. She froze the ground below her and the inmates into ice. Ikkaku fell, taking 396 with him. The therapist pulled them along behind her as Ikkaku started to yell at her. She could hear the two wardens laughing from watching her pull the inmates along.

(Y/n) stopped and looked back at the two she was dragging across the polished floor, "This would be easier if you would just walk, then I would not have to have tripped you."
Ikkaku stood and puffed himself up before getting close to the woman, "Don't do that again. I don't care if you are a woman."
He was trying to intimidate her.
The cold bodied woman pointed a finger at him, "Watch it mister. I'm trying to be nice, I offered you my snacks after you complained about your hunger. This is on you."
He was pretty tall at 184cm. His skin was a light tan color and his long spiky hair was blond with teal highlights. He was very muscular and had a lightning bolt scar on his abdomen.
The smaller therapist looked him up and down, "You're impressive. But, that won't scare me into submission. My job is to talk to you and learn about you, help you. I'm the therapist here. Counseling and other things."
Ikkaku looked really mad.
The other inmate stood and looked kind of shy, "I-I'm inmate number 396, I prefer to be called 'Zakuro'."
(Y/n) gave him a nod before taking off her mask, "My name is (y/n) Yukinohana. Your turn, Sparky."
"Inmate 1111, I like Ikkaku.," the man scoffed, "You're an annoying woman."
"I would shake your hands, but I don't think that you two would be able to handle the temperature of my body.," the woman smiled, "Now please, come with me, otherwise I'll just have to drag you again."
Ikkaku looked like he was absolutely seething before settling down a bit. He stared at the young woman's face a bit before scoffing and looking away, "Fine."

The icy woman walked with the two inmates to her office, letting them out of the cuffs and inviting them to sit down, finding that every hard and sharp edge and corner in her office was covered with padding.
"What's the deal with the furniture?," Ikkaku asked.
"I think cell 13 is behind this.," (y/n) replied and rubbed he temples of her head, "I have Narcolepsy. They found me passed put before."
Zakuro sat on the couch and sank into the soft couch. Ikkaku sat down as well. His pink eyes were locked onto the dolls on the woman's desk.
The young woman took some snacks put of her desk and opened her fridge, "Hey, what kind of drinks do you want?"
"Got any melon sodas?," Ikkaku asked.
(Y/n) held up a glass bottle of melon flavored soda, "I got this. I don't have any ice cream."
Zakuro said that he did not have a preference, so she gave him a pomegranate flavored one. She touched the glass bottles to chill them more.
Frost covered the glass, "Enjoy."
Zakuro was staring at the glass bottle with silver eyes. He had pale skin and a cute face. His hair was silver as well. His inmate number was tattooed over his right eye. What was most surprising was the reddish shackles in him. It looked almost identical to Jyugo's. Except, they had spikes.

"Go ahead and tell me about yourselves.," (y/n) smiled and sat on her chair in front of the couch the two were sitting on, "There's no secrets here, and you are free to ask me whatever it is you want."
"Okay then, girlie, you've got powers too, huh?," Ikkaku asked, "Ice powers, right?" "Absolutely correct.," the young woman smiled and frosted her own glass before taking a sip from the glass, "Now what are yours?"
Zakuro was nervous, "Drills..." The cold bodied woman looked to the nervous boy then to the man.
Ikkaku scratched his head, "I control electricity. His shackles turn into drills."
"I guess we're all alike here.," the pale icy woman grinned, "It's like we're a big messed up family."
She took another deep drink of her drink. Ikkaku looked to her desk again. Zakuro made a face like he was not going to talk anymore.
The therapist noticed Ikkaku looking past her head and turned to see what he was looking at. It was the doll of Shiro.The young woman picked up the doll and held it out to the man, "It's a doll of my best friend. Pretty cute, right?"
"Yeah.," the blond man said and scratched his face, "You... look like someone my friend talked about."
The young woman was kind of confused.

Ikkaku bounced his leg, "No, you are the one my friend kept talking about. Damn, he did not shut up about you."
"Your friend knew me?," the young woman asked the man.
"Not just knew, he knows about you. He admires you, I Don't see why the hell he does, you're annoying.," the blond sneered and drank more, "But he looked happy every time he talked about you, so I put up with it."
The cold woman listened with a surprised expression before smiling, "He sounds like a good person, I'm sorry that I don't remember much about the times during my past. The accident screwed my brain up pretty badly."
Ikkaku scoffed with a small smile on his face, "Dumbass said you were like this. You're too good for your own good. Too soft."
"Perhaps I am.," the young woman replied, "Perhaps I am soft. It won't stop me from doing my job and working to get stronger."
"Dammit.," the man smiled, "Why aren't you scared of me?"
"I've seen worse.," the woman shrugged and looked at the notifications on her phone, "Oh. It looks like they're done setting everything up. Shame. I wanted to talk to you more."
"Too bad. Looks like I'm getting exercise.," the blond stretched then punched the back of Zakuro's head lightly, "You too, Dipshit."
"Ow.," the boy whined and held his head.
"Excercise?," the young woman asked.

"Didn't you hear?," Ikkaku asked her, "Or is the precious therapist being kept in the dark?" His mouth curved up into a sinister smirk.

"They're making the monsters fight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2.6K 17
(y/n) Sugoroku. The youngest of the family. She is a famous assassin who kills only criminal but one day is caught and put on deaths sentence. The th...
24.8K 534 8
(y/n) Sakura Evergarden. The royal princess to an island most don't know about. Legends say its off the coast of Japan but where is it really? So wh...
15.8K 431 26
The idiots with numbers are back again but this time is a completely different timeline?! Sen Michiyo and Sakura Ranfa are back too, but they are no...
59.1K 1.4K 35
Akita Sugoroku had always been In the middle of something, rather it was being the second oldest of her siblings to being in between two who loved h...