sober | j.jk

Von nextchapterbitch

"You're still a virgin?" He asks, astounded. You can see his expression fill with instant interest. "Yes." Y... Mehr

sober | j.jk
1 ‣ can't say no
2 ‣ better score
3 ‣ morning jog
4 ‣ twenty minutes
5 ‣ senior central
6 ‣ lights out
7 ‣ don't be
8 ‣ strategic
9 ‣ not that crazy
10 ‣ handle him
12 ‣ boy problems
13 ‣ dummy
14 ‣ somewhere
15 ‣ like you better
16 ‣ uninspired
17 ‣ a million pebbles
18 ‣ lead you on
19 ‣ you're so
20 ‣ falling
21 ‣ five stars
22 ‣ super expert

11 ‣ pitch black

10.9K 389 118
Von nextchapterbitch

"Why're you goin' so far, hm?"

"What are you talking about?" You scoff, limply turning your body back towards the couch while the booze in your bottle swivels with you. "Th' couch isn't even that far." Your words are slurred ever so slightly now, and Jungkook can't help but focus on that. It's cute. "Or what? Want me to get in bed with you and give the girls outside something real to talk about?" You laugh lightly at your own words, climbing over the back of the couch just to not walk around.

"Ideally." Jungkook nods.

"Hm?" You look up at him, mid-straddle over the damn backrest cushions. You didn't quite hear what he said, partly because he borderline mumbled the word and partly because your attention was ninety-nine percent directed at not busting your ass. With another swift move, you find yourself plopping down on your couch, falling down on your back with one knee up. You exhale softly, relishing in your newfound comfort.

"Come over here." Jungkook draws out the phrase, speaking like a little kid nagging his friend. "Just lay here." He says, patting the patch of comforter next to him. "It's easier to talk that way." Jungkook watches the back of the couch, waiting impatiently for your voice to grace his ears or perhaps for the smallest glimpse of your hair to grace his dark eyes. "If you don't come over here soon I'm gonna go over there and sit on you."

You laugh brightly, turning on your stomach after setting the bottle down so you can scoot up to the armrest and peep your head over the table to look at him. "Sit on me?" You ask, raising a brow as you meet those dark eyes and get a lazy, amused grin added on as a bonus. Jungkook nods. "Don't you think that's a little extreme?" You ask a bit stupidly, but in your state that's completely natural. "Also," you rest your head on your folded elbow, "how late is it?"

"Late." Jungkook answers lowly. You can tell he's drunk when he starts to sound like that—from the one other time you two happened to be drunk in the same room together. "Really late." He adds, watching as you purse your lips and sigh. "What? You getting sleepy on me now?" Jungkook asks, eyes never leaving your face. You close your eyes. Seeing you so vulnerable like this, so comfortable with your guard down all the way only makes him want to be next to you even more. "How many times to I have to ask?"

"What?" You grumble.

"Come here, I said." Jungkook repeats, sounding a lot more demanding. You huff, eyes still closed as you mumble something about him being so annoying and bring one leg over the edge of the couch. "Mm-hm." Jungkook hums as you slowly get up. "Come on, doll." He motions you over, speaking in a gentler manner now. You feel strangely drawn to him and his smooth voice, walking over towards your bed as if he wasn't there waiting for you.

Or, better said, with the ease of someone who's not about to get in bed with someone else—for whatever reason it may be.

"You said it's late?" You fall back on your comforter, in that same spot Jungkook had picked out with those three impatient pats a few minutes ago. He hums in response. Never in your sober peace of mind would you ever think you'd find yourself anywhere near him on such a scandalous staple that is a bed. Well, at least not that this stage of your relationship. But here you are. "Hm." You ponder on the word late. "Then it's probably dark out, huh?" You look up at him.

Jungkook lays all the way back, too, exhaling roughly as his upper body sinks so comfortably into your mattress. "Mm-hm." He answers softly, turning his head so he could meet your pretty eyes again. God, how he loves that twinkle. "Pitch black." He exaggerates. Well, half-exaggerates. The lampposts outside had coughed up their last spark just yesterday. When will maintenance take time out of their oh-so busy days to come and fix it? Who the fuck knows.

"Damn." You mumble, closing your slightly-reddened eyes as the day's accumulated fatigue finally catches up with you. Jungkook wonders for a moment when exactly you're going to kick him out, but for a while he just stares over at your impossibly serene face, waiting any second now for your eyes to open. They don't. Not for the next three minutes, or the next five, ten, fifteen. The only thing that changes is your breathing. It's deeper now, more relaxed. He'd lost you to sleep.

"Nine?" Jungkook whispers gently, bringing the back of his hand to brush over your flushed cheek. Tomorrow's Monday. How will you wake up for your 8 am like this? "Nine," he repeats, a teeny bit louder but not nearly enough to force you awake. He'd started to lose his battle of tired consciousness, too. Jungkook knows he better get up and sneak out of this dorm right this instant. He knows he can't fall asleep. He knows you'd actually kill him.

Oh, but he's just so comfortable here..

It's so quiet now. So peaceful here by your side. Your comforter feels like a fucking cloud, for God's sake. Your breathing is so calming, your presence so serene, so easing. It smells so nice in here, too. Like you, and that pretty, decorative wall plug a few week away from the bed. He can't quite place the scent, but for what it's worth, it's a sure bet he's going to spend months subtly looking for it every time he passes that damn aisle at the store.

Jungkook's eyelids can't get any heavier, but for the sole reason of simply getting to look at you a little longer while you sleep so deeply, he can't let himself succumb to some dream that'd be mediocre in comparison. Fuck your stupid 8 am class. Fuck that he has to be up and out of here before then. Would he even wake up? Would you? You surely have an alarm. He can't remember if he has one, too.. Somewhere over on the table his phone buzzes.

A soft square of light shines on your ceiling.

Today, 11:49 pm

ken
It went that well huh

ken
Alright then brother 🤝

ken
Don't have too much fun now

Somewhere across campus, Jaehyun had also received a message that Jungkook never made it back to his dorm. Wasn't anywhere else to be seen, either. Now, would this be that big a deal any other day? No. Not at all. Would it even be a big deal now if he didn't know his friend was with the very girl he'd taken out this morning? No. But he is with you, and Jaehyun knows it. He should've known by the way Jungkook draped his hand over your shoulder at Jaebyung's party.

What exactly is he trying to do, though? If anything, it's starting to get annoying. Gina's not one to withhold anything, so within five measly minutes of your absence from the coffee shop, her lips had already told Jaehyun who'd sent her the tattletale text. It wasn't all that surprising that he had, the guy lives for chaos, and at the end of the day, between bros, it could be played off as some funny, stupid joke. If it hadn't been you caught in the crossfire, that is. Jaehyun sees it.

Today, 12:03 am

yugyeom
Nah

kenji
Seriously??

jaehyun
bro

yugyeom
Leave that girl alone lmao

kenji
Tell JK not us tf

kenji
Speaking of JK he's still not back

kenji
JUNGKOOK MF COME HOME

yugyeom
Lmfaooooooo you miss him?

kenji
Yea :(

jaehyun
where'd you say he was

kenji
🤐

Through the haze of a dream involving bikes and some stupid zombie apocalypse where Rafa and Jaebyung make strange, very brief appearances, the night ends and the rapid evolution of the morning follows. Your eyes open tiredly at the daunting time that is 9:38 am, after five missed alarms. Your 8 am class is twenty-two minutes from ending, and here you find yourself sharply sitting up to see Jungkook next to you on your damn bed, knocked out cold.

Right before your brain could register your pulsing headache, you feel your heart drop.

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

You don't even know you'd missed your class for sure yet. You haven't looked over at the small digital clock on your nightstand. The amount of light managing to shine through your curtains lets you make a few upsetting conclusions, though. You can't remember much of last night, only a few blurry instances up to a certain point of nothing. You thank the heavens above that both of your clothes are still on and seemingly untouched. If things did go somewhere, at least they couldn't have gone that far.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" You reach over to smack Jungkook on the arm. The crisp sound of violence resonates perfectly with the emphasis of the word. Normally, such action would've made him sit up immediately and possibly even trigger his fight-or-flight, but the best his body can do right now is lay there and groan. "What the hell are you still doing here??" You whisper shout, as if you probably hadn't already scared the girl next door into dropping her bagel.

"Shh," Jungkook's face scrunches up as he weakly raises his hand, "why're you yelling..?" He mumbles, barely able to open his puffy eyes. You both look awful. As if you'd dragged each other through the pits of hell. And you both share one bitch of a headache right now. "Oh, fuck." Jungkook realizes now where he is and who he's with. Well, he knew he was with you, but having the context come back and slap him across the face was one hell of an experience. "Aw, man."

"We didn't.." you start, awkwardly motioning between the two of you with one hand while the other one clutches the side of your head, "right..?" Your voice gets embarrassingly smaller. Jungkook's eyes slightly widen, looking around as if he was searching for the memories in the depths of this mind. From the single fact that he can't recall absolutely anything about getting intimate with you, he knows it didn't happen. That's something he'd remember clearly.

It would've sobered him right up. "No." Jungkook answers definitively. "We just fell asleep."

"Right." You mutter, moving to get off the bed now that your inhibitions are back in order.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jungkook meets your furrowed brows and questioning eyes. You wouldn't be you if you didn't look back at him like that. You're not sure if it's the question itself or if it's the way he'd asked it, but his groggy morning voice had just registered itself into your brain. You couldn't even react properly to the entitlement in his words because of how busy you were replaying that gorgeous sound in your head. It worked like goddamn ibuprofen.

"What?" You finally react, pausing only after getting to your feet. You don't move from there, though. Jungkook looks up at you from where he lays.

He ponders telling you what he really wants to tell you. Ponders reaching out and pulling you on top of him with one swift move. Ponders asking if it's okay to kiss you. Ponders just how far he's willing to go in this very instant. "Help me up." He extends his hand out in your direction, watching as you look down at it and try your hardest not to roll your eyes. When you actually wrap your hand around his, he looks up as if gathering courage. "Your hand's cold." He notes.

"Shut up." You tug first.

After you struggle to pull him up a bit, you both find yourselves on your feet. He holds onto you as you threaten to stumble back, no longer able to look up at his face how that he's so close to you. His stubborn grip is a result of discontent with himself, over what went through his head and what'd actually happened. "What?" He whispers softly, leaning down to try and meet your pretty eyes again. You scoff and try to back up once more. "All of a sudden you're shy around me?"

"Get out of my dorm, Jungkook." You mutter, successfully slipping free and turning away from him, headed for your bathroom. "When I'm done showering you better be gone." You add a little louder, glancing over at your clock and puffing out a sorry gust of air through your nose. "I'm still annoyed at you for yesterday and even more annoyed that I spent the night dreaming about damn zombies next to you."

"Is my presence really that bad to you?"

"Leave."

"Nine,"

"And I can't stand my headache right now so the fact that it reminds me of you only worsens your case right now." You cut him off, looking at him one last time from the inside of your little bathroom and closing the door a little harder than you normally would. Jungkook stands there in silence and sighs loudly. The words he was about to say stay stuck in his throat as his fist closes in mild frustration—a feeling entirely directed at no one but himself. He knows he actually needs to leave now.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

28.9K 1.3K 11
Jungkook couldn't stand frat parties, fuckboys, and Kim Taehyung. And not necessarily in that order. When Jimin convinced him to go to one for his bi...
9.7K 581 29
"Cute little dress," he muttered. "Looks good on your hot body. Looks better on the floor." y/n needs to pay the bills and she has no way how. jung...
28.2K 1.8K 13
There are things you prepared for coming back home and that includes seeing your ex-boyfriend, but helping him design his apartment isn't one of them...
192K 8.1K 43
As the only unmarried Jeon and Kim children, your families propose a union to symbolize your unbreakable bond that spans generations. But despite dev...