The Daughter of Time (Ace of...

marcyswales17 द्वारा

Ace of Queen series. Maya Dorin's story अधिक

Ch.1 Steal a Glimpse
Ch.2 Angel
Ch.3 Life's a beach
Ch.4 Ink
Ch.5 What's your name?
Ch.6 Tigress
Ch.7 Sweet Baby
Ch.8 Brown Eyed Devil
Ch.9 The King
Ch.10 Sand and Time
Ch.11 For Hire
Ch.12 Three Full Moons
Ch.13 Chef's Kiss
Ch.14 Family
Ch.15 Derailed
Ch.16 Granddaughter
Ch.17 Creating Chaos
Ch.18 Gemini Blues
Ch.19 Lie to Me
Ch.20 Bleeding heart
Ch.21 Mati
Ch.22 Aphros
Ch.23 My Fiza
Ch.24 Never be Enough
Ch.25 You're home....
Ch.26 When you're in love
Ch.27 Home in You
Ch.28 Little things
Ch.29 Olives
Ch.30 If I had a soul....
Ch.31 Sugarless
Ch.32 Boundaries
Ch.33 Good News
Ch.34 A Whole New World
Ch.35 Three Wishes
Ch.36 Tyveer
Ch.37 Bells of Hell
Ch.38 Ira
Ch. 39 White Tiger
Ch.40 A Promise
Ch.41 See no evil, Hear no evil
Ch.43 A Good Man
Ch.44 Thetis
Ch.45 Time Keeper
Ch.46 Selfish
Ch.47 A family Man
Ch.48 Nura
CH.49 Three
Ch.50 Heal
Ch.50 Flames
Ch.52 Clare Bear
Ch.53 Shooting Stars
Ch. 54 Comet
Epilogue

Ch.42 The temple of Apollo

12.1K 791 472
marcyswales17 द्वारा

Chapter 42

Maya slowly laid Fiza's head against a pillow as the girl stayed lost in a deep slumber. She pulled the covers over her and asked Heyder to draw all the curtains in the room.

"What's the point?" Heyder asked. "It's not like she can see."

"Fine," Maya shook her head. "I'll do it."

As she got off the bed with irritation in her blue eyes, Heyder snapped his fingers and the curtains moved across the large windows, covering the sunlight. Maya paused and looked over her shoulder at the jinn. She narrowed her eyes and muttered a string of unpleasant words before heading for the doors. Heyder followed her out, biting his lip to keep himself from laughing.

"You really are the absolute worst," Maya said once she heard the door click shut behind her. "How can you do that to her?"

"Well, I used my magic," Heyder said calmly. "I used this simple spell. First, I had to summon my magic to the surface, and then I receipted the wor-"

"Stop it," Maya walked away. "You know that's not what I meant."

"What do you want me to say?" Heyder laughed.

"You don't care about anyone!" Maya stopped, turning.

"That's not true."

"You were obsessed with her just a few weeks ago, and now you've blinded her. You were so rude to Tobias, even though the man came all this way to help us. Why are you always snapping at people?"

Heyder pushed his hands into his front pocket and rocked back on his heels. His dark eyes were amused as he gave Maya her favorite half smile.

"I don't like people," he said. "When you have lived as long as I have, you realize how selfish this whole world is."

"Not everyone is selfish, Heyder," Maya shook her head.

"You're right," Heyder took a step forward. He reached out with his hand and Maya moved her head away. Her action caused the jinn to roll his eyes.

"Name a part of your body I haven't touched, birdie," he said, looking into her eyes. Maya narrowed her eyes as she felt Heyder place his hand against the side of her face.

"You're not selfish," he said, taking another step closer. "You're anything but."

"I'm sure Adeline and Maksim will say otherwise," Maya took in a deep breath.

"I don't care what they have to say," Heyder's voice softened. "If you were selfish, you would have never done what you did for Fiza."

"It was the human thing to do."

"I wouldn't have done it," Heyder said.

"I know," Maya rolled her eyes.

"You are so good," Heyder took in a deep breath of her scent. He leaned forward and pressed his forehead against hers. "You're the light my darkness needs to exist."

"But....you're not....." Maya looked up at the jinn through her lashes. "You're not all darkness."

"I envy your ability to lie, princess," Heyder smirked.

Before Maya could respond, Heyder let go of her face and took a step back. He pushed his hands inside of his pockets once more because he knew that if he didn't, he would never be able to stop touching her. Maya held his eyes as he began to slowly walk away.

"I'll pick you up in five minutes," he said. "Apollo awaits."

Maya didn't respond. She felt her heart flutter in her chest as the jinn turned on his heels and strolled away. She stood frozen and watched him vanish into his room before shaking her head out of the haze. With a look around at the empty halls, she headed for her room.

Not knowing what to take with her to meet a god, Maya stood around in the middle of her room. She chewed on her bottom lip as she wondered if maybe she needed to change her outfit. She was about to change her shoes when there was a knock at her door.

"Should I change my sho-" Maya pulled the door open thinking it was Heyder. But instead of the dark eyes, she was greeted by the stormy gray eyes of her aunt.

"Piggy?" Maya asked, a bit surprised by the queen's sudden appearance.

Mavi smiled, "Hey."

"This is a surprise," Maya said, opening her door. "Come in."

"Thank you," Mavi said, slipping into the room. Her hands were clapped together in front of her and her thumbs did an odd dance with each other.

"What's wrong?" Maya asked, closing the door.

"How are you?" Mavi asked.

"Fine....." Maya said slowly. "Is everything okay?"

"I don't know," Mavi said, a bit nervous. "You tell me."

"I don't know what you're saying," Maya confessed.

"I'm sorry," Mavi shut her eyes and shook her head slightly. She took a deep breath and looked at Maya once more. "How are you? Are you okay? Is anything bothering you?"

"No...." Maya said. "Why are you asking me this?"

"I've been having dreams," Mavi frowned.

"About me?"

"Yes," Mavi nodded.

"What kind of dreams?"

"I don't know," Mavi sighed. "You know my dreams are not always clear."

Maya watched the way Mavi's eyes shifted. She knew her aunt was not one to sit around when she knew something was wrong. Especially when it came to her family. Mavi was extremely protective and for her to be restless made Maya uneasy.

"What did you see?" Maya asked.

"You," Mavi said, shifting from feet to feet. "You're in all my dreams lately."

"I'm guessing these dreams are not happy dreams?"

"That's the thing," Mavi sighed once more. "I don't know what kind of dreams they are. In all of them it's just you staring at me......It's a bit frightening, but honestly nothing is happening to you. You're just surrounded by a forcefield, holding a key or sometimes a bird or cherry blossoms."

At the mention of the word key, Maya's brain jolted awake. She didn't know why but suddenly she remembered the key she had picked up while at the court of Tyveer.

"Key?" She asked Mavi. "What kind of Key?"

"A gold key," Mavi said. "It's tiny, has a circle at the handle and a re-"

"Red ruby?" Maya finished.

"Yes," Mavi nodded. "How did you know?"

Maya looked at her dresser. She quickly walked over and threw her little jewelry box open. The gold key sat perfectly on the spot where she had felt it earlier. Picking it up, Maya turned to face her aunt.

"What is that key for?" Mavi asked.

"I don't know," Maya said, looking at the object. "I don't even know why I took it from the Tyveer."

"Does Heyder know?"

"He doesn't even know I have it."

"Maya," Mavi took in a deep breath. "I don't know what's going on, but this key is obviously something important."

"Well, yeah if it keeps appearing in all of your dreams," Maya looked back at Mavi. "What else did you say you saw?"

"A force field, cherry blossom and a bird."

"What kind of bird?"

"Hummingbird," Mavi said.

"Heyder has a tattoo of a hummingbird," Maya didn't know why she said that.

"And the cherry blossom?"

"Fiza," Maya said. "She likes cherry blossoms."

Mavi nodded silently. She was deep in thought as she folded her arms over her chest. Her eyes lingered on the key in Maya's hand as she chewed on her bottom lip. A really old habit of hers.

"Piggy?" Maya asked quietly.

"I'm sorry," Mavi looked up. "I wish I had more insight. I don't want you to worry, but please be careful. There's a lot going on right now and I would hate for anything to happen to you."

Maya nodded her head, "I will."

"Heyder is still here, right?"

"Unfortunately."

"Stay close to him."

"Are you seriously telling me that?" Maya raised a brow.

"Yes, he's an ass," Mavi rolled her eyes. "But he's an ass that loves you and I know he won't let anything happen to you."

"He doesn't love me," Maya let out a breath. She shook out her hair and looked down at the key in her hands.

"Don't be stubborn," Mavi said. "You know he does. He would have made it very clear if he didn't."

"I guess," Maya muttered.

"What about you?"

Maya looked up at her aunt, "What do you mean?"

"You do love him, don't you?"

Maya opened her mouth to deny immediately. But the way her heart flipped made her silent. She felt the pit of her belly warm up as the back of her neck shivered. Closing her mouth, Maya shrugged.

A hint of a smile appeared at the corner of Mavi's lips. She took a step forward and tucked a strand of Maya's hair behind her ear.

"You asked Mimzy to bring Heyder black coffee," she said. "Now why do you remember that detail about him?"

"I also know Owen drinks black coffee, doesn't mean I'm in love with him either," Maya laughed.

"No," Mavi's smile widened. "It doesn't."

"Heyder and I...." Maya looked away. "We're complicated......He broke my heart. I don't think I trust him to put it back."

"Maya," Mavi said, gently. "I think he already has."

"No," Maya said stubbornly, shaking her head.

"Okay," Mavi shrugged. "Whatever you say."

Maya didn't respond as the monarch headed for the door. She walked back to her dresser and tucked the key safely into her jewelry box.

"While you're at it," Mavi paused at the door. "Might as well take off that ring."

Maya followed her aunt's eyes down to the ruby ring around her finger.

"Why wear it if he means nothing to you?"

_________________________

Heyder opened and closed his hand into a fist as he walked to Maya's room. He examined his rings, making sure they were exactly the ones he needed in case anything went wrong. The jinn was only a few steps away from the bedroom door when the back of his neck chilled. Without turning, he knew who was watching him.

"Hello, sweetheart," Heyder said, looking over his shoulder at Clare.

"Stay focused on the task at hand," Clare narrowed her eyes. "I know Maya is tempting, but please keep your hands to yourself. It won't end well."

"Care to elaborate, Clare Bear?" Heyder turned to face the girl. He waited for her to answer, but just then the door to Maya's room opened and Mavi walked out.

"Heyder," she greeted him politely.

"Your kid is a headache," Heyder said. He turned back to look at where Clare had been standing, but of course she wasn't there.

"Which one are you referring to?" Mavi raised a brow.

"The whole goddamn litter," Heyder said pushing Maya's door open. "Beanstalk Owen jr, Wednesday Adam, and Steve Irwin....honestly, does this family ever have normal kids?"

Without waiting for Mavi to answer, Heyder closed the door with his feet and looked up at Maya standing by her dresser. She held her hand out in front of her slightly and stared at her ring.

"You ready, angel?" He asked. Maya looked up at him slowly.

"My dad calls my mom that," she said.

"I know," Heyder smiled. "I thought you might like it."

"It's weird," Maya lied. She didn't want to acknowledge the way her heart skipped a beat.

"I like it," Heyder chuckled, walking into the room. "My sweet baby angel."

"Stop it," Maya frowned.

"The apple of my eye," Heyder teased.

"You're so annoying," Maya rolled her eyes as she pushed away from the dresser. "I'm ready. Let's go meet Apollo."

"I think I want to spare a few hours."

"Why?" Maya asked in confusion. "To do what?"

"You," Heyder smirked.

"Screw you," Maya laughed.

"Yes, that's what I'm saying. Screw me."

"Heyder!" Maya snapped. "Let's go."

"Don't get used to bossing me around, Birdie," the jinn laughed.

Maya ignored him as she tapped her foot on the floor. Heyder laughed watching the irritation in her eyes before opening a large portal to the island of Delos. He looked back over his shoulder and held his hand out for Maya. She walked up to him and didn't stop until she disappeared into the portal. Heyder dropped his hand and shook his head. With a deep sigh, he followed behind her.

The sun and the sand were a welcome change from the freezing cold of the palace. Maya immediately regretted not changing and began to pull the sweater over her head. Behind her Heyder scouted the land as he held his hand over his eyes to shade him from the bright sunlight.

"Where is the temple?" Maya asked as she tied her thin sweater around her waist.

"I don't see it," Heyder said. "Stay here."

"Where are y-" Before Maya could finish, Heyder disappeared. She groaned in frustration and kicked at the sand. "Idiot."

"I heard that," Heyder said as he appeared in front of her in a flash.

"Good," Maya said, slightly startled by his sudden appearance.

Heyder smiled down at her and took a step closer. Maya watched him with weary eyes.

"The temple is on the other side of the hills," Heyder said, motioning to the little sand dunes.

"Okay," Maya nodded. "Let's g-"

Heyder pulled her into his arms and pressed his lips to her. Maya froze as his sweet scent and taste overwhelmed her senses. She wanted to pull him closer, but the way he teased her with his tongue irritated her to her breaking point. She pressed her hands to his chest and pushed him back.

"What the hell!" Maya yelled. She took a step forward to push Heyder once more when she realized the sand beneath her feet had disappeared. Instead, she stood on the marble steps of a massive temple with hundreds of columns and a golden statue of Apollo.

"You can give me my kiss back if you didn't like it," Heyder shrugged. "But keep it if you want more."

"I don't want more," Maya frowned, whipping her lips.

"Then give it back to me," Heyder held out his hand.

"Ugh!" Maya groaned. "You are so infuriating. You're like a child!"

"Wait until you have to deal with both Heyden and me."

"Never going to happen," Maya shook her head.

"Oh it will, birdie," Heyder flashed to where Maya stood. He loomed over her and stared into her brilliant eyes. "Right after we break this curse, we're making a baby."

"No," Maya wanted her voice to be as strong as iron, but it betrayed her by shaking slightly. She was very much aware of how her body reacted to his words and closeness. Her eyes dropped to his lips and she felt heat pool in her stomach.

"In your dreams," she said, her voice coming out as a whisper no matter how hard she pushed to raise it.

Heyder smiled as he walked her back against a column. The air between them started to buzz as their magic and bodies pulled at each other.

"I am dreaming," he told her. "It's been one of my greatest dreams with you."

"Heyder....."

"Yes, baby?"

Maya lifted her eyes from the jinn's lips. She looked into his dark eyes and found herself wanting to swim in them for the rest of eternity.

"Are you doing this?" She asked, referring to her sudden need to want his hands all over her body. Her skin burned for his touch.

"Doing what?" Heyder asked, a bit confused.

Maya blinked slowly. She tried to take in as much air as she could but Heyder's closeness made her head spin.

"Are you okay, my love?" Heyder asked with concern. He reached out and touched her face.

Maya nodded her head. She used all her might to snap her body back under her control and step away from Heyder. The jinn took a step back and let her step around him. Maya was surprised to find how disappointed she felt.

"Can you stop.....doing that?" Maya asked, avoiding eye contact. "Stay over there and give me my space."

"As you wish," Heyder shrugged.

"We need to light a fire," Maya looked up at the temple. Without waiting to see if Heyder would follow her, she began to climb the steps. The wild wind from the sea to the right played with Maya's hair as she stepped into the open temple. The columns created the perfect valleys and the wind blew through, making soft sounds like a flute. Somewhere else in the temple a wind chime danced and along with the sounds of the ocean, the music was hypnotizing.

"Where do we light the fire?" Maya asked. She stepped into the shade as her bare shoulders began to burn from the hot sun.

"I'm guessing over there," Heyder pointed to a large open fire pit at the base of the statue. The bronze bowl could have bathed a cattle. Gray ashes filled it up and a slither of forgotten smoke danced up.

"We need firewood," Maya said as she looked at the ashes.

Beside her, Heyder gave a snort laugh and shook his head. He took a step forward and stuck his hand into the ashes. Maya gasped out of reflex, fearing the hidden ambers might burn him. But as she watched, his arm began to shimmer like heat off a hot pavement. His skin transformed into dancing blue flames and the bronze bowl ignited to life.

Maya jumped back as she watched the flame swallow up the heart. Heyder pulled his arm out of the ashes and brushed it off. He looked up at the golden statue of Apollo and opened his mouth.

"Hear my prayers, Apollo the sun god," he said.

Maya was in a trance. She couldn't take her eyes off of Heyder's flames. They were brilliant. They danced wildly, without a care in the world. She took a step forward just as Heyder turned his eyes to her.

"May I see?" She asked.

Eager to please her, Heyder held out both of his arms and switched to his true form. Maya's eyes lit up like a child during Christmas morning. Heyder's flames reflected in her eyes as she started up at him in wonder and amazement.

Is this the first time you're seeing me like this? Heyder mind-linked her.

Maya nodded her head, completely speechless. Heyder was loving every second of Maya's reaction. For the first time in a long time, he felt giddy about his magic. Wanting to impress her, he shot up to the high ceilings of the temple and zoomed around the whole place like a blazing comment. Maya turned in her spot and laughed with glee as she watched him.

You like that? Heyder asked, coming to a stop a few feet in front of her.

"Yes," Maya said, a bit breathless. She took a step forward and raised her hand. Heyder's heart fluttered in his chest as he watched Maya come closer.

But just as she was about to touch him, her skin ignited in it's own heat. Maya gasped as a force field shot out of every pore in her skin and blocked Heyder off.

"Heyder!" Maya placed her hand against the force field, feeling it buzz against her skin.

"It's okay," Heyder said quickly holding up his hand. In a blink of an eye he switched into human form. And just as he did that, Maya's force field dropped.

"What was that?" She asked, looking down at her arms.

"The fey," Heyder said, approaching her with caution. "I don't think it wanted you to touch my flames."

"W-why not?" Maya asked.

"It's trying to protect you," Heyder said. "I am honestly so grateful for it right now. Shit, I almost barbecued you."

"Are you hurt?" Maya's eyes searched the jinn's body. "Did it touch you?"

"No, I'm okay," Heyder said.

"I'm so sorry," Maya frowned.

"I should be saying sorry to you," Heyder laughed. "I don't know what I was thinking."

Maya suddenly shivered from the cool breeze. She lifted her hands and smoothed her hair down. Heyder walked closer to her and untied the sweater from around her waist. Maya let him help her into the sweater before she lifted her eyes and looked up at him.

"Want to go back and get another sweater?" Heyder asked.

"No," Maya shook her head, looking over at the statue of Apollo. "I don't want to miss him when he shows up."

"Okay," Heyder nodded. He took a step back and gazed up at the statue along with Maya. "When do you think he will get here?"

"I have no idea," Maya whistled. "What are we supposed to do while we wait?"

"Each other," Heyder smirked.

"We're in a temple!" Maya gasped, smacking the jinn's arm.

"So you would be onboard if we weren't?"

"Cut it out," Maya rolled her eyes. "We're never doing anything like that ever again."

"Such a goddamn liar."

"You can't curse in a temple either."

"I don't like this place," Heyder groaned. "Can't curse, can't sit, can't kiss my wife."

"No one is stopping you from sitting," Maya said. "Go sit over there by the stairs."

Heyder smiled widely and opened his mouth to respond, but Maya stopped him.

"Yes, I heard your comment about your wife. I am ignoring it."

"That's because you like the idea," Heyder laughed.

"No."

"Yes," Heyder pushed. "You want your husband to kiss you. Blink if you want me to kiss you."

"Heyder!" Maya barked. "Go sit on the stairs."

"Is this you putting me in the dog house?"

"Fine, I'll go sit on the stairs," Maya turned on her heels and began to walk away.

"Baby," Heyder grabbed her hand. "Come back. I'll go."

"Then go," Maya pulled her hand back. She folded her arms over her belly and watched the jinn let out a long breath. Heyder rubbed the back of his neck as he slowly walked out of the temple.

"I'll be here," he called back. "Call me if you need me."

Maya followed the sound of his voice out of the temple. She looked over her shoulder and watched Heyder take a seat on the top set of stairs. His long stretched out in front of him as he leaned back and looked up at the clear sky. Without her permission, Maya suddenly began to imagine what it would feel like to go sit beside him and lay her head on his shoulder. Would he turn his head and kiss her?

As if sensing her thought about him, Heyder looked back at Maya. Their eyes connected and she felt a wave of heat roll over her. Not wanting him to tease her again, Maya turned away and stared up at Apollo's statue.

For the rest of the afternoon, Heyder stayed outside. Maya made herself a seat beside one of the columns that allowed her a perfect view of the jinn. She watched him from the corner of her eyes as they both waited patiently for the god. Around sunset, Maya was admiring the way the golden light came in through the columns when she realized Heyder wasn't outside anymore. Immediately, she jumped up and ran out to the stairs.

Behind Maya, the blue flames under Apollo's statue began to flicker. The sweet scent of incense filled the air along with the smell of salt water. For hours the flame had been burning without a trace of smoke, but as the sun disappeared in the horizon, the floor of the temple began to fill with smoke.

But Maya was absent minded to it all. She had no interest in what was happening as she ran down the stairs in search of Heyder.

"Heyder!" She called. "Heyder."

When he did not appear or respond, Maya moved farther down the steps. She pushed her hair out of her face and looked around the dark beach.

Heyder, Maya called to him with her link. Where did you go?

"I look away from one second!" Maya groaned in frustration. Behind her, the smoke began to pour out of the temple and down the steps.

"Heyder!" Maya yelled over the loud roars of the waves.

"Looking for someone?"

Maya jumped in fright as a voice whispered into her ear. She whirled around and came face to face with a tall blond with curly hair and sun kissed skin. His gold armor shimmered in the flicker of flames from the temple as he smiled brilliantly. In his hand he held a helmet and a long spear. Maya took a step back and flickered her eyes to the temple.

"Did you light the flame, pretty girl?" The man asked.

"Ye-yes," Maya said. Her eyes caught the flakes of gold in his eyes and then the droplets of blood falling from his spear. "Who's blood is that?"

The man, Apollo, smiled. He turned to the spear as if he had forgotten he was holding it. Maya watched him as he flipped the weapon around and smeared the blood on the sand.

"Some jinn," Apollo said, shaking his head.

"What jinn?" Maya's heart dropped. "What did he look like?"

Apollo lifted his eyes and looked at Maya. He tilted his head to one side and smiled.

"Black hair, tattoos....lots of tattoos," he said.

"Where is he?" Maya felt her blood chill. "What did you do to him?"

"He was a pest," Apollo laughed. "No one will miss him. Trust me, the world can do without one stubborn jinn."

"Where is he?" Maya demanded as her hands balled into fists. "What did you do?"

"If you must know, he's by the water," Apollo pointed to the beach. "If you hurry, I'm sure you can see the last of his blood wash out."

Maya suddenly broke into a run. She raced up the sand dunes and all but rolled down the other side. In the darkness, her eyes spotted a shadowy figure laying on the sand by the water and her heart stopped.

"Heyder!" Maya screamed as she ran to the body. She stumbled onto the wet sand and turned the figure over with shaking hands. Expecting her heart to stop as soon as she saw the jinn's face, Maya was in a state of shock when he realized she was holding the body of Apollo and not Heyder. With fright, she pushed the limp body away and scurried back.

"Why are you here with the jinn, Maya?" Apollo, the one very much alive asked as he kneeled in front of Maya.

"Where is he?" Maya asked.

"That's not an answer."

"Where is Heyder?" Maya felt her bottom lip tremble. "What did you do to him?"

"Are you scared right now?"

"Yes," Maya surprised herself by answering.

"But not for your safety," Apollo observed. "Why are you scared, Maya?"

"I want Heyder back," Maya said. She pressed her lips together and looked around.

"Relax," Apollo sighed. "It's your mind and body. Sometimes, people are unable to lie to us Gods."

"I want Heyder," Maya said, feeling as if she had no control over herself. "Where is he? I want him back right now."

"Why?" Apollo smiled. "Why do you want him back?"

"I.....I-he.....he's helping me," Maya suddenly felt the ground disappear from beneath her. The wind rushed past her ear and she appeared by Apollo's statue in the temple.

"She's lying to me," Apollo said shaking his head, as he loomed over Maya.

"Maya?" Heyder's voice spoke from behind. Maya jumped to her feet and turned to face the jinn.

"What the hell?" She demanded. "Where were you?"

"I need to know why she's here with you," Apollo interrupted them. He began to slowly pace the floor back and forth as his golden eyes watched the pair.

"You, jinn," he pointed to Heyder. "I got your answer. Ask her why she's here with you."

"Maya, why are you here with me?" Heyder asked quickly.

"Because we need to get the milk," Maya said.

"Why did you cry when you thought he was dead?" Apollo asked.

Heyder's eyes snapped up to the god, "What did you show her?"

"Ask her!" Apollo began to pace faster.

"Maya, why did you cry when you thought I was dead?"

"It's the human thing to do!" Maya said. "Of course I would cry. What else am I supposed to do when I realize someone just died like this,"

She snapped her finger.

"She's lying," Apollo laughed as he paced.

"Is he okay?" Maya asked Heyder as she watched the erratic God in front of her. He was beginning to frighten her with how his eyes shun and how he paced the floor back and forth. He was smiling, but it was terrifying.

"I thought he was supposed to be the god of music and poetry," Maya took a small step closer to Heyder.

"Why do you still wear his mother's ring, Maya?" Apollo's voice began to echo around the temple. Maya blinked server time thinking her eyes played tricks on her when she realized the god had grown in size.

"I...." Maya looked down at the ring and then at Heyder. He stared straight ahead but his hand stayed on Maya's.

"I forgot to take it off," Maya said.

"More lies!" Apollo yelled. "Tell me why you are afraid to say."

"Tell him Maya," Heyder whispered. "He's not going to listen unless we tell him the truth."

"Tell him what?" Maya demanded. "What does he want to know?"

"I already know what's on his mind," Apollo said as he flashed to the spot in front of Maya. "Now I need to know what's on your mind.....why did you cry?"

"Because...." Maya looked up at Heyder. "I- I would miss him if something happened."

"Why?"

"I don't know why!" Maya said in frustration. "What the fuck is this bootcamp therapy?"

"Why would you miss him, Maya?" Apollo asked. "I can't help those who lie to me in my temple."

"I'm not lying," Maya said. "I don't know what you are asking me."

"I can only help you if your heart is clean of your biggest lie," Apollo said. "Stop lying to me."

"What do you want?" Maya asked. "I don't even know the question!"

"Why would you miss him?" Apollo stopped his pacing to look into Maya's eyes.

"Because!" Maya almost stomped her feet. She grew so frustrated, she felt tears gather in her eyes.

A small smile appeared on Apollo's lips as he looked into Maya's eyes. He took a step forward and lowered his head to her level.

"There it is," he said. "Don't hold it in now......why, Maya?"

"Because...." Maya felt her tears roll down her face. "I love him."

A slow smile crawled across Apollo's face. He took in a deep breath and straightened up.

"I hate liars in my temple," he said. "Especially those who lie to themselves."

Maya was left speechless. She felt the cold tears on her cheeks and Heyder's warm hand on her back. She didn't know what to say or do as Apollo removed his gold armor.

"I thought jinns were stubborn," he laughed. "But turns out the witch can outdo him. He sang like a canary for me, darling. But you.....you were a tough cookie."

"You have no liars in your temple now," Heyder pointed out.

"Yes, yes," Apollo nodded. "Ask away. What do you need?"

"Milk, from you cattle," Heyder said quickly.

"Is she alright?" Apollo looked around Heyder's shoulder at Maya.

"All I want is the milk....so I can save her, and then we're gone," Heyder diverted the god's attention away.

"You love her very much, don't you?" Apollo asked as he leaned back against his statue leisurely.

"Yes," Heyder sighed.

"But you can never love like a god," Apollo said, shaking his head. "Only a god's heart can love unconditionally. Like I loved."

"I'm sure my love will never compare to yours," Heyder said. "Now, about the milk...."

"She was beautiful....." Apollo sighed.

"Of course," Heyder agreed.

"So young and pure....so innocent."

"Wonderful," Heyder said. "Pure.....like milk."

"Yes, like milk....or the first ray of light. Like the first drop of rain....like being intoxicated by the finest wine."

"Milk," Heyder said.

"Go home," Apollo waved his hand.

"What?" Heyder frowned. "We went through all this!"

"I will have the milk delivered to you,"

"No." Heyder stood his ground. "I want it now."

"I am not the one to be messed with, son of Ira."

"We came all this way, Maya confessed her lies, you have to help us," Heyder pushed. "We will wait here. Please."

Apollo watched him with suspicious eyes, "Hades said you were strange. Oh! I forget...he goes by Tobias now."

Maya took a step closer to the jinn and the god pushed off the wall and sighed.

"Very well," Apollo said. "Wait here."

As soon as he vanished, Heyder turned to look at Maya. He cupped her face and pushed all the hair out of the way.

"Are you okay?" He demanded to know. "What did he show you?"

"You.....I thought you were......he had blood on his spear and then said you were dying by the water," Maya's bottom lip trembled. "Why did he do that?"

"Why do people confess at church?" Heyder sighed. "He gets a thrill out of hearing people speak what they are afraid to say aloud."

Maya didn't respond. She took a step closer to the jinn and buried her face in his chest. Heyder pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head.

"What did he show you?" Maya asked.

"You and Heyden," as Heyder spoke, Maya felt his chest shake slightly. "Drowning. He told me to pick one to save."

Maya felt her chest tighten. She pulled the jinn closer and felt her tears soak into his shirt. Her mind still raced with the event of the night. All she wanted was to vanish from the god forsaken temple.

"Maya...." Heyder slowly pulled back slightly. He looked down at her face as he raised it. "Say it again......please."

Maya parted her lips. She felt her heart swell up with unexplainable emotions as it fluttered like the wings of a hummingbird, free.

"Here you go," Apollo suddenly appeared behind Heyder. Maya quickly hid behind the jinn. "Farm fresh, grade A."

"Thank you," Heyder said, taking the glass bottle.

"No, thank you," Apollo smiled. "I do love a good confession and declaration of love."

"Heyder..." Maya pulled at the jinn's shirt.

"Thank you for all of your help," Heyder took a step back. He summoned a portal and pulled Maya through as fast as he could. But right before she stepped through, Maya made the mistake of turning to look at the god.

Their eyes met and in a flash Maya's mind flooded with the image of Heyder's cold body laid face down on the beach.

"You're okay," Heyder said quickly as he put the milk away and pulled Maya into his arms. "We're fine, we're back home."

"Fuck!" Maya began to sob. "Shit, I hated that!"

"I know," Heyder held her face to his chest. "The bastard has a sick sense of humor and love. No wonder he was so unlucky in love."

"I can still feel him watching us," Maya sobbed. "I can smell the stupid incense."

"Do you need a shower?" Heyder asked quickly. "Take the sweater off."

Maya sobbed and trembled as Heyder began to move towards the bathroom. He snapped his finger and the shower came on. Grabbing a towel, he was about to turn and walk over to Maya when she suddenly began to sob harder. She sank to the floor but before she was down on her knees, in a flash, Heyder had her in his arms.

"You're fine, he's not here anymore," he said. "I'm okay."

"Heyder," Maya sniffled as she looked up at him.

"Yes, Birdie?"

"I love you," Maya cried. "I love you so much."

A wide smile slowly appeared on Heyder's face. His eyes lit up as he slowly sank down to the floor with Maya on his lap.

"I know," he whispered. "I know, birdie."

"Kiss me," Maya whipped her eyes.

"Now?"

"Yes," Maya nodded. "Kiss me."

Heyder lowered his head and pressed his lips to Maya. He tasted her tears and her sweet love for him as she threw herself into his arms. Heyder leaned back until he laid on the floor with Maya on top of him. He didn't want to admit it, but Apollo had messed with his mind too. The images of Heyden and Maya drowning in the big wide ocean would haunt him forever. But he couldn't let his fears show. He had to be Maya's rock.

So in between the kisses and the confession of love, Heyder carried Maya over to the bed. He laid her down and looked into her as she stared up at him, telling him she loved him with her eyes in a million different languages. He showered her body with kisses as they spent the night away drowning in their love for one another. Maya's body welcomed him every time, feeling as if she could never have enough. Heyder spared not a second of the night. He wanted nothing more then to hold his wife and hear her whisper how much she loved him as he kept her legs wrapped around him.   

What do you think? 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

16.3K 586 34
Description on first page :D
56.1K 1.4K 17
"You Showed Me The Beauty Of Life."
55 0 37
About klause family.
14.6K 390 23