Lucky

By heartlessbrock

Violet Richards and her best friend Daisy win a trip to go ghost hunting with Sam and Colby. What will happen... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
Not a chapter

13

35.5K 735 951
By heartlessbrock

"So...what went on in that room..you guys looked pretty spooked." Sam said as we walked. "Nothing paranormal, we were just talking." I said with a shrug.

"About what?" Sam asked as I shrugged, "Colby just wanted to get to know me." I said as he nodded. "And?" He asked as I looked straight ahead.

"And, I don't know. I think he made me realize something I've been pushing down for so long." I said and let out a sigh.

I loved Daisy, but since we moved she's changed. I missed my best friend who would ask if I was doing alright, and would actually take the time to let me vent. She always got so sassy with me, telling me my problems weren't as significant as hers.

That might have been true, but that's probably why I shut every emotion off. I couldn't remember the last time I truly let go and had fun, laughing with my friends.

"What's that?" Sam asked as I shrugged, "Daisy may not be the person I thought she was." I said and chewed on my lip. I hated the idea that the one person who was there for me through everything  would leave now, but that's just how it goes.

"Can I be honest?" He asked as I kicked a pebble down the hallway. "It's encouraged." I said as I pointed my flashlight into each room we passed.

"I think she's jealous of you." He said as I scoffed, "why on earth would she be jealous of me?" I asked as he shrugged. "You actually have a personality and you're a hard worker. I've only know you for a day and I can see that." He said as I sighed and shook my head.

"That's very sweet, but I'm not as great as you may think I am." I said as he shook his head. "I think you're great because you actually took the time to research this place. Sometimes Colby doesn't even do that." He said as I laughed, "I need to know where I'm going and what I'm dealing with. This place is seriously intense though." I said as we got down to the surgical wing.

It was way heavier down here than in the other wings. I felt my chest caving in slightly as we walked deeper.

"I don't like it down here." Sam said as I shivered. "I don't either." I mumbled but continued to explore. "I'm gonna start recording now." Sam said as I nodded.

"Hey guys, so we decided to go off in pairs, and I'm lucky enough to be with Violet in the surgical wing." He said to the camera as I walked off towards the medicine cabinet.

"Be careful over there, Vi." Sam said as he walked over towards the little filing cabinet. "I will." I said then opened the cabinet, bringing as dozens of spiders came crawling out of it.

"Ew." I whispered then started to examine the bottles. "Holy shit." I mumbled as Sam came over. "What is it?" He asked, pointing the camera to me.

"It's literally a bottle of penicillin from 1932...why would they need this?" I asked and scrunched my brow at Sam.

"Didn't they do ice pick labotomys?" He asked as I nodded, "all the time....oh shit. They probably used the penicillin to fight the infections from those." I said as Sam nodded, "that's probably what it was..is it safe to be touching those though?" He asked as I shrugged.

"I already did it, so if I die, I die." I said with a laugh then turned the bottles. There were a bunch of test tubes with different unmarked fluids in them. Sam reached for one, but I pulled his hand back.

"I wouldn't touch those. We have no idea what's in them." I said then looked at the little medicine card that was on the inside of the medicine cabinet.

The writing was faded, but I could tell it was intructions for execution. I felt myself getting choked up, thinking about how different mental institutions were now compared to back then.

These doctors would torture and essentially murder the patients for no reason. Most of the people who came here weren't even mentally ill. The things people were admitted for were cruel to say the least. Asthma, novel reading, laziness, and masturbation being the most ridiculous.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked as I swallowed hard and closed the cabinet. "It's just so fucking sad. So many people died within these walls simply because medicine wasn't advanced enough." I said and shook my head.

"I know..it's honestly sickening." Sam agreed as I turned to walk to a different part of the room. I heard someone shuffle behind me causing me to whip around, pointing my flashlight towards where
I heard the noise.

"Hello?" I called out, walking into the hallway. When I got out there I saw a whisp of white turn the corner, "hey! Wait!" I called out then jogged down the hallway.

I saw the faint white figure walking down the hallway as if she was doing her rounds. "Hey!" I called out and ran towards her. Before I could get to her though she disappeared, causing me to huff out a breath.

"Please tell me you saw that." I said then turned towards Sam, but he wasn't there. I was completely alone in the hallway.

"Sam?!" I called out, then turned toward where I thought he would be but I realized I was now in a completely different section of the asylum. "What the fuck?" I called out as I heard some rustling in the room next to me.

"Daisy? Colby? Is that you?" I asked then walked towards the room. When I got in there though, there was nobody in there. "Hello?" I asked feeling my spine tingle, as if someone was watching me.

I whipped around, then saw a woman standing behind me causing me to let out a short scream.

"Mom?" I asked as tears filled my eyes. The figure standing in front of me was a spitting image of my mom, but she was wearing a hospital gown instead of regular street clothes.

She just stared at me for a second as I stared back in shock. My heart was beating out of my chest, as I took a step closer.

"I miss you...I miss you and dad so much." I said as I wiped my cheek. She just stared at me though, causing the chill to return to my spine.

She didn't say anything for another minute, but her gaze hardened as her body started to decay right in front of me. I heard her cries of pain as she morphed into this zombie like creature causing me to scream and run away.

"VIOLET?!" Colby's voice sounded as I sobbed and ran through the hallways, feeling terror coursing through my veins.

I had no idea where I was going but my legs never stopped moving as I sprinted through the building.

I ran for a while before I ran into something, causing me to scream again. "Hey, it's okay!" Colby said as he held me tightly to his chest, rubbing small circles into my back. "I saw her!" I screamed as Daisy looked at me with horror in her eyes.

"Vi, what are you talking about?" She asked as I sobbed. I tried to speak but I was trembling so badly that no words would form.

"Violet, you have to calm down." Colby said as Sam came running down the hall. "Vi! Where did you go?" He exclaimed as I sobbed into Colby's chest.

"Let's get her some fresh air." Sam said as Colby nodded, then picked me up. I heard Daisy huff out a breath as I hid my face in Colby's shoulder.

I knew she was probably upset that I was doing this with Colby, but I didn't care who it was.

I was terrified.

We walked outside before Colby set me down and helped me sit on the grass, leaning my back against the building. He sat next to me and pulled me to him, rubbing my arm gently.

I don't know how much time passed but it was enough time for Sam to run in and grab me some water.

"So what happened?" Sam asked as I took a sip of the water. "I saw her." I said and looked up at Daisy, hoping she would knew I meant. "There's no way." She said and shook her head.

"I'm missing something." Colby said as he looked between me and Daisy. "She's claiming she saw her mom." She said and looked at me. "Wait..isn't your mom in Ohio?" Colby asked as I shook my head, taking another sip of water.

"My parents are dead." I said feeling the familiar ache in my chest. "Oh my god...I'm so sorry." Colby said then hugged me again. "You think you saw your mom?" Sam asked as I nodded. "I know I did." I mumbled.

"See, Colby. I told you." Daisy said as my brow scrunched with confusion. "Told you what?" I asked as he clenched his jaw and shook his head. "Don't worry about it." He said as my heart broke slightly in my chest.

What did she tell him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 54 34
Ghostly Love is about two girls who are obsessed with Sam and Colby and their biggest dream is meeting them. One day their dreams will come true. The...
6.4K 147 18
Colby and Sam, two ghost hunters, visit an apartment complex in a video for their youtube channel. Entering the building something seems to especiall...
36.2K 1K 32
Colby Brock, famous Viner turned YouTube Star. Best friends with Sam Golbach. Known for being the 'emo' one of the duo. Paranormal investigator. Canc...