𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞...

By ScribblingQuills

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 �... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Sirius Black?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Fall & The Map
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Just Play Along
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Anger Issues
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense
Author's Notes
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Burrow
Y4 .。.:*☆ Several Arrivals
Y4 .。.:*☆ Better Than A Veela
Y4 .。.:*☆ Y/N's Confession
Y4 .。.:*☆ Beauxbatons & Durmstrang
Y4 .。.:*☆ Potter Stinks
Y4 .。.:*☆ Read The Room
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Felt Feelings
Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath
Y4 .。.:*☆ That Rita Skeeter
Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On
Y4 .。.:*☆ Too Good At Goodbyes
Author's Notes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder
Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?
Y5 .。:+*✧ Grim Old Place
Y5 .。:+*✧ Hogwarts Again
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start
Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings
Y5 .。:+*✧ D.A. Fights Back
Y5 .。:+*✧ Punishments & Pebbles
Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Victorious Valentine's
Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game
Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Escaped & Captured
Y5 .。:+*✧ The Baffling Battle
Y5 .。:+*✧ Part of a Prophecy
Author's Notes
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Your Wish Is My Command
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Trouble At Tryouts
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Draco & Pansy
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Dumbledore's Demise
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Until the World Ends
Author's Notes
Y7 .。.:*༄ Harry's Arrival
Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer
Y7 .。.:*༄ Planning & Hiding
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture
Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead
Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Doe
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Escape
Y7 .。.:*༄ Pipette Widows
Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins
Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction
Y7 .。.:*༄ The End
Ten Years Later

Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ First Outburst

178K 5.5K 34.7K
By ScribblingQuills

A/N ~ Hey, you all! *tomato comes flying and hits author's head* woah there, don't you worry, I know there's not much romance between Y/N and Harry yet, but good stuff will come soon. Also... Y/N's powers come in action this chapter! *inserts iMovie cheering sound effect* enjoy!

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

"Can't sleep?" Harry whispered to Y/N quietly. The Quartet were sleeping in cozy beanbags in the corner of the Great Hall. The lights were out and there were no house tables. The Hall was filled students from every house, and was ringing with whispers and mutters.

Harry was sleeping on his side and was looking into Y/N's eyes. Y/N was also on her side, her eyes wide awake. Ron and Hermione had already fallen asleep.

Y/N sighed and shook her head.

"Can't sleep." she whispered back. The thought that Sirius Black was roaming the castle as they were speaking was slightly uncomfortable to her. Y/N glanced at Harry's blurry face in the dark. "Are you good, Harold?"

"Me?" Harry smiled.

"Yeah, you, you're the only Harold here." Y/N grinned. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Don't know who Harold is, but I'm fine." he said. Y/N stared at his bare emerald eyes and sighed.

"Are you worried?" she asked quietly. "You don't have to be, we're safe with Dumbledore-"

"I'm not worried, Niff." Harry replied with a grin. Y/N smiled at the mention of her nickname and shook her head. Harry knew perfectly how to annoy her. "Are you worried?" Harry asked her.

"I.. I'm kind of worried. Not about myself, of course. I mean, Black's not after me, isn't he?" Y/N replied truthfully.

"Worried about who, then?" Harry asked, grinning knowingly. Y/N rolled her eyes and slowly closed them. Harry chuckled quietly and looked at Y/N's peaceful face. Moonlight was shining at her brightly, making her face glow. He slowly reached for her hand and grabbed it softly. Y/N peaked through her eyes and smiled.

"I'm not worried, Harold." she whispered.

"Hey, you two!" Percy yelled at them. "No talking, no hand-holding! Lights are out, go to sleep." Harry quickly let go of Y/N's hand in embarrassment and closed his eyes...

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

It was a cloudy Sunday and Y/N, Harry, Hermione and Ron decided to walk around the castle and meet new people and just hangout. They've made friends with 2 Ravenclaw boys and had tea with Hagrid. It was nearly 4 in the evening when they decided to take a break.

The four sat together on the same rock and leaned on each other while they stared at the glittery lake.

Y/N thought of the lesson they had earlier this week and remembered the moment she had with Harry. The moment the two soared through the sky on a Hippogriff's back.

Harry seemed to be thinking the same, because he had turned a bright red colour.

"Harry?" Hermione looked at Harry's flushed face. "Are you OK? You look a little...red."

Y/N pretended that she had not been staring at Harry this whole time and nodded.

"Yeah, do you need the hospital wing, Harold?" she asked dramatically. Now, she was almost confident Harry was thinking of the Buckbeak moment.

"Don't ever call me Harold again, Y/N Scamander." He said and grinned.

"Why not?" Y/N smirked and fiddled with the front of her shirt. "I call Ron, Ronald, sometimes. If I don't call you Harold that's not really fair for him, isn't it?"

"Yeah, because Harold is definitely my real name." Harry muttered and stood up.

"Where are you going, mate?" Ron asked. Harry picked up a flat rock from under a tree and turned back with a smile.

"Do wizards skip rock?" He asked Ron and Y/N. Hermione laughed at their confused faces and stood up as well.

"C'mon, let's teach them, Harry." She smiled and picked up her own rock. Y/N watched as the two muggle-raised wizards bent down in an awkward position and thrusted their rocks across the surface of the lake. The rock skipped several times before dropping to the bottom of the lake. The two turned back proudly.

"Wicked!" Ron said, a smile spreading on his face. "What charm did you use on them?"

Hermione and Harry looked at each other and laughed.

"Come here, you two!" Hermione called through her laughter. "Grab a rock."

Y/N and Ron stood up and each grabbed a flat rock. Harry took Y/N's hand and pulled her to near the lake.

He then proceeded to pull up the sleeves of his jumper, making Y/N blush unconsciously.

"Bend down." Harry said, grinning. He bent down in a weird position.

"You look like an idiot, Harold." Y/N said, but copied his motions. She bent her knees and leaned back awkwardly. Harry laughed at her attempt to do so. "Now what?" Y/N said impatiently.

"Now, this." Harry swung his arm and thrusted the rock. It skipped four times on the surface of the water and sank into the lake.

Y/N laughed.

"Do muggles really do this? I mean, it's too simple-"

"Try, Y/N." Harry and Hermione said together.

Y/N swung her arm backward and thrusted the rock with all her might confidently. It went rushing through the air before disappearing into the lake with a loud "bloop".

The quartet fell silent before bursting into laughter. Y/N shook her head embarrassingly and caught her breath.

"You jinxed it, I know you did." She chuckled.

"Sometimes, it's the smallest things that make me laugh," Hermione grinned. Her three friends nodded in agreement and tried skipping a few more rocks.

Hermione's best was six skips and Harry's was five. Ron managed to do 2 skips after a few tries and Y/N was left the odd one out. She insisted she wouldn't leave until she got at least 2 skips.

She bent down, swung her arm backwards and flung the rock across the surface of the lake.

It skipped 3 times.

"YES! DID YOU ALL SEE THAT?" Y/N jumped up and down excitedly. Hermione and Ron shook their heads and laughed at their friend. Y/N looked at Harry, who grinned at her happily.

At that moment, Harry didn't care how many killers were after him. Sirius Black and Voldemort? Pathetic. Why do you need to worry about getting killed if you've got Y/N, Ron and Hermione around?

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

It was a cloudy afternoon, and the Gryffindors had Potions with the Slytherins. Snape ordered them to brew a Shrinking Solution today and Y/N and Hermione were doing great as usual. Malfoy, on the other hand, was being even more problematic than usual. He had been acting extra since Buckbeak's attack.

"Professor," Malfoy said in a sneaky voice. "My arm is hurting, Professor. I will need someone to cut my ingredients for me."

"No worries, Mr Malfoy," Snape said cooly. "Weasley, cut Malfoy's daisy roots." he said to Ron, who gaped blankly.

"His arm is fine! He's just making excuses!" Ron whined.

"Professor, it's just a scratch and it's mostly healed," Y/N said from her cauldron.

"Silence!" Snape hissed. "10 points from Gryffindor. You will do what I say, Weasley, and Scamander, you will not objectify my orders for other students."

Y/N fell silent. Ron grabbed Malfoy's knife grumpily and chopped his daisy roots impatiently, ignoring Malfoy's smirk.

"Professor," Malfoy started. "Weasley messed up my daisy roots."

"Weasley, swap your roots with Malfoy's." Snape snapped. Ron gaped once again. Y/N knew he had worked hard to chop his roots up neatly. He thrusted his chopped roots onto Malfoy's cutting board angrily.

"Orange, Longbottom?" Snape sneered. Y/N turned to see Snape looking down at Neville's cauldron. It was filled with a gooey orange substance. "Unacceptable. You put in a lot more ingredients than the book told you to, Longbottom. When will information get into that thick skull of yours?" Neville turned red.

"Professor," Hermione piped from Neville's side. "Perhaps I could help Neville fix his potion. I've learned how to..."

"Silence, Miss Granger!" Snape bellowed and turned to Neville once again. "You have the rest of the class to fix your potion independently, and we shall test it on your poor toad." he smirked before returning to his desk. Y/N could feel her blood boil.

"Help me!" Neville mouthed to Hermione. Y/N trusted Hermione to help him. She would help him herself, but she was at the other end of the dungeon and could not give Neville the instructions.

Ron continued to unwillingly chop up Malfoy's ingredients and Harry glanced at Y/N worryingly. She gave him a weak smile and continued with her potion.

Time passed, and Hermione had just whispered the last instructions to Neville. Y/N could see from afar that his potion was now the right colour and she smiled happily. Snape was going to get destroyeddd.

"Everyone, gather around," Snape smirked. "We will now test Longbottom's potion on his toad... if the potion is correctly brewed, Trevor will turn into a tadpole. If not... the potion might be...life threatening." Snape's lips curled evilly. Y/N glared at the Professor when he scooped Trevor up and placed it on his desk.

"No, no, please..." Neville whimpered. Hermione put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. Malfoy sniggered at his scared expression.

Snape took a dropper from a tin near by and dipped it in Neville's potion. He then hovered the dropper over Neville's large toad and the potion dropped onto its neck.

Neville held his breath nervously. Y/N new it would work, it's Hermione after all...

As the whole class stared intensely, Trevor the toad shivered slightly before transforming into a wiggling little tadpole on Snape's desk.

Y/N and Harry sighed in relief and could see Neville smile happily.

However, they all fell silent when Snape growled angrily.

"I told you, Miss Granger," Snape turned to Hermione. "I told you not to help Longbottom. Clearly, you cannot resist the chance to show everyone that you're an insufferable know-it-all."

Hermione and the Gryffindors turned red. They all hated Snape dearly. Y/N had to sing to herself to distract her anger. She knew what would happen if she lost temper.

"20 points from Gryffindor," Snape whispered. "I will give you detention if it happens for the second time, Granger." Hermione looked like she was about to cry. It wasn't so often that she was the one to lose their house points.

"But that's just unreasonable!" Y/N suddenly bellowed. She couldn't take it any longer. The class turned to her with wide eyes. Hermione and Harry grabbed each of her arms. "He brewed the potion correctly and you're going to punish him for that?"

"Hold your tongue, Miss Scamander!" Snape shot, but Y/N continued,

"But what if what if I don't want to?"

"Miss Scamander-"

"-you basically threatened to kill Neville's pet! How cold-hearted can someone be to do that to a student?" Y/N made a fist. Hermione mentally face palmed herself. Ron gulped and Harry looked like he was ready to join their argument.

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT, MISS SCAMANDER!" Snape yelled, causing everyone to jump, but Y/N merely flinched.

"I'm speaking the truth! Ask anyone," Y/N said and looked around the room, her face scrunched up. But no one was brave enough to back her up.

"Another 20 points from Gryffindor!" Snape shouted, spit flying out of his mouth.

"Ew, watch your mouth!" Y/N complained.

"Detention, Miss Scamander!" Snape looked as thought he might strangle Y/N at the spot.

Y/N could feel her powers coming, and silently begged for Snape to stop. But of course, he didn't.

"You think you know everything, stupid girl, but you don't!" Snape yelled. "Just like your old father and grandpa... You get alllll the attention, but deep down, you're just stupid and careless!"

Hermione quickly grabbed Y/N's arm to stop her from talking back.

Harry and Ron looked as angry as Y/N was, but also remained silent. Even the Slytherins were holding their breath.

"DON'T. CALL. ME. STUPID!" Y/N yelled.

Suddenly, Neville's cauldron that was placed near Snape exploded into a million pieces without anyone touching it. The potion inside disappeared.

Everyone looked at her in shock. Even Snape looked awestruck.

Her classmates looked confused, and even Hermione had no clue what was going on.

Snape had a weird expression on his face... like he was almost... scared. His eyes were wide and his lips were slightly parted.

Y/N took this by surprise and shook her head.

"What?" She asked blankly.

Y/N blinked rapidly and looked at her classmates. They all looked horrified, and even Harry looked pale. He was looking at her in shock.

Y/N's anger faded completely when she saw the way Harry was looking at her. She then turned back to Snape and then turned to the pile of black dust on his table. She realized what she had done.

Her odd ability to destroy things... she almost thought she'd lost it, given that she's not seen it since a good 4 years ago.

"P-Professor..." Y/N slowly whispered. "I'm... I don't know what got into me, I- I don't know how the cauldron smashed, I'm so sorry."

Snape's look of terror was still plastered on his face. He took a deep breath and looked away from the girl.

"Class dismissed." Snape said quietly. He almost looked stressed when he said so. Y/N looked around, confused. Snape banged the surface of his desk loudly. "Class dismissed!"

The whole class stood up quickly and walked to the door, giving Y/N terrified looks. Y/N stayed rooted to her spot as her classmates exited the door. Hermione put a comforting arm around her. Ron patted her back gently and Harry held her hand tightly and said in a low whisper,

"Don't worry about it, Y/N. C'mon, let's go."

"I didn't- that wasn't- me..." Y/N stuttered as her friends dragged her to lunch.

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

"Niff! Aye, little Niffler!" It was Rolf. It late in the evening and the news that Y/N Scamander's had special abilities no one knew about was filling the halls. People were surprised how she got away from Snape without any detention.

Rolf ran up to Y/N in front of the Gryffindor common room entrance. "Niff! Hey, Y/N!"

"That's more like it." Y/N turned, pleased with her real name. "No idea who the fuck Niff is." Rolf rolled his eyes.

"Can I talk to you? Not here, it's too exposed." he started to walk towards an empty corridor across the Gryffindor common room.

"Harry is waiting for me, Rolf" Y/N sighed. Rolf ignored this completely. He turned and walked into the corridor without looking back.

Y/N had no choice but to follow him into the dark and empty corridor. Rolf looked around for any signs of people around them before turning back to face Y/N. He looked at her very seriously, and almost looked scared.

"What?" Y/N asked impatiently.

"Your power, Y/N." Rolf whispered.

"What about it?"

"Well, it's back!" Rolf hissed. "The last time, you exploded Nana's vase on your 10th birthday. We had to give her 5 Galleons not to tell anyone about it, remember?"

"OK... what's your point?" Y/N frowned. Rolf face palmed.

"My point? Niff, this isn't normal! Wizards don't just have the ability to explode things with their mind, when they're angry." He said. "I don't want people to fear you." he looked at his sister worryingly, but Y/N shrugged.

"I wouldn't find that a problem" Y/N said. But she did. "Yeah, I feel bad about the cauldron incident, but thinking about it, Snape did deserve a punch in the-"

"It's dangerous, Y/N" Rolf cut her across. "Not only to other people around you, but also to you. What if you exploded yourself one day?"

"That'd be wicked." Y/N grinned. Rolf swore and scowled.

"You're not taking this seriously." He fussed. "When will you ever take things-"

"I appreciate your concern, big bro," It was Y/N's turn to act stubborn. "but what do you want me to do? I can't stop it, can't I?" She said. "Do you think I want to be a danger to my friends and the people around me?"

"So we need to tell someone about it." Rolf said impatiently. Y/N raised her eyebrows and stared at her brother like he was a joke. She then turned on her heel.

"Bye, I'm going to bed-" she tried to leave but Rolf grabbed her arm.

"Think, Niff. This isn't normal. You have to tell someone eventually..." he was quickly shook off.

"You're acting like an old-fashioned hag, Rolf." Y/N said stubbornly. "I find that quite annoying."

She rushed out of the corridor and muttered the Gryffindor's password quickly before Rolf could follow her into the common room. She was angry at the fact that he wanted her to change, even thought they both knew it was impossible.

Y/N entered the cozy common room to find Harry sitting on and armchair, waiting for her. He was reading someone's copy of The Daily Prophet and was in front of the fireplace. He looked up when she entered the room and smiled warmly.

"Hello, Y/N, haven't seen you all day-"

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Y/N snapped. She was surprised at herself for sounding to snappy. Harry raised his eyebrows, taken back.

"Someone's not in a good mood." He said swiftly. Y/N didn't say anything. She stood at her spot and replayed the events of her day in her head. She felt slightly numb and nauseous.

"Send me a signal you want to talk about it." Harry sighed.

Y/N pointed her wand at his head, sending several red sparks at his messy hair. Harry yelped.

"Not at my head, Y/N!" he scolded. Y/N burst into laughter.

"Sorry," she muttered and went and sat beside him. She yawned and rubbed her eyes lazily. Harry nodded and opened his mouth to say something, but shut it as quickly as possible. Y/N looked at him and smiled.

"Are you scared of me, Harry Potter?" She asked, grinning. Harry turned red.

"I'm not." He said. "I just don't want to disturb you when you're having a bad time."

"I'm not, it's just Rolf being annoying." Y/N said, grabbing Harry's hand. "Your hands are so warm. How long have you been sitting here?"

"Not long." Harry replied. "No, mine are normal-temperatured. Yours are just cold." He laced his finger through her other hand for confirmation. Y/N sighed.

"The dementors... they're driving me mad." She complained.

"At least you don't pass out every time you past them." Harry muttered, letting Y/N investigate his hands further on.

ϟ ͛ △⃒⃘

A/N ~ Hey, Y/Ns. What do you think of this chapter? I HAD to add that spark thing because it will come in handy later on. The rock skipping moment was not really necessary but idk I found it cute. Oh well, I'll be updating really soon, bye for now!

-ScribblingQuills

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 909 83
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...
73.8K 2.2K 75
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Brianna Locousa has sworn to hate Draco Malf...
9.3K 2.8K 51
"𝑌/𝑁 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 , 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒" 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒...
550K 6.6K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...