Twisting Destiny

By PickledPlumssss

After dying in a tragic accident, Rhianne found herself transmigrated in a novel world as a character. To her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Special Chapter 1.1
Special Chapter 1.2
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 32

9.3K 424 13
By PickledPlumssss

"You, Rhianne Cartel, can solve my problems." Director Jamie said with determination.

"Huh?"

"Rhianne, I want you to—"

"No!" Rhianne strongly disagreed. "I don't want to do it."

"You don't? But why?"

"..."

"Well?"

"I mean, you can find another person to play the role that Kelly left. I am amateur when it comes to acting."

"Acting? What are you...Oh!"

Then after that, Director Jamie suddenly laugh.

"Silly little girl. I am not asking you to be a replacement for Kelly." Director Jamie laughing said.

"You're not?"

"Of course. In fact, I have a list of artists to replace Kelly from her role in this movie. Though it will be a little bit hassle and a waste of money."

"Oh."

Rhianne was totally relieved. She really thought Director Jamie will ask her to replaced Kelly in this movie. And no one can actually blame Rhianne for having that kind of idea. The way Director Jamie scrutinized Rhianne earlier was really misleading with their current situation.

"Then what can I do to help you, director?" Rhianne asked.

"I just want you to tell me your idea about first love."

"First love?"

"Yes. Since I do not want to spend more money and be stuck in certain scenes, I plan to rewrite the story and change some parts of it."

"Can you do it, director?"

"Why not? I am also the creative writer of this movie." Director Jamie proudly said. "Since I do not want to extend more time just to finish this movie, I was thinking of changing the part where the male lead was spending time with his first love."

"How will you do it, director?"

"Instead of prolonging the time frame between the male lead and his first love, I am planning to change the scene where the male lead will reminisce their memories together before his first love left the school."

"Oh! You are so great, director!" praised Rhianne.

"It is nothing, really. So tell me your experiences about your first love, Rhianne."

Since this is a teenage romantic movie, Director Jamie wanted to ask Rhianne's thoughts about it. When she studied Rhianne's looks from head to toe, she is positive that a lot of boys are having a crush or puppy love on her. With Rhianne's pretty appearance together with her sweet and kind attitude, it is impossible for the boys to ignore her.

"Uhm... I apologize, Director Jamie. But... I do not have any thoughts about it."

"You...don't?"

Rhianne nods her head.

"How come?!" Director Jamie asked in disbelief. "Even a crush? How about puppy love?"

"I am sorry, but I really don't have anything like that."

"Then what about your little boyfriend here?" Director Jamie asked as she points her finger on Keith.

Keith was really surprised when the director suddenly calls his name. He was only quietly listening from behind when the director suddenly asked Rhianne about her first love. Even though he acts like it does not really concern him, Keith was still paying too much attention to Rhianne's answers.

When he heard from Rhianne that she has no romantic relationship with anyone, Keith was absolutely relieved. It only means that Rhianne is not yet interested in anyone. But these thoughts were somehow disappointing.

Ever since Rhianne and Keith became friends, they became extremely close. Both of them can be honest and be comfortable with each other. Rhianne really treats him well and Keith is also doing the same. They are also some times where they ask each other's opinions and thoughts.

In short, they can be compatible with each other.

"You are mistaken, Director Jamie. Keith is not my boyfriend. I am too young for that." Rhianne quickly explained.

How can she claim to be in a relationship with the male lead? For her, it is natural to pair the male lead with the female lead. Rhianne does not dare to make a conflict with the male lead's love life.

And considering her current situation, Rhianne thinks that dating at this age is really early. It is better for children nowadays to study first and find a good job in the future. And besides, Rhianne's goals are to survive in this world and avoid her family's destruction in the future. Of course, Rhianne will achieve it once she did not fall in love with Andrew in the future.

'Speaking of Andrew, he's been absent for a whole week. Is he okay now?'

According to their homeroom teacher, Andrew's mother called their office to informed them that his son was really sick and cannot attend the class in the meantime. She guesses that even if Andrew is a villain in this world, in the end, he is still a human. And a normal human gets sick sometimes.

Keith has an unexplainable feeling on his chest when Rhianne quickly denied the director's question about him being her boyfriend. Well, he is not really her boyfriend. But to be denied that fast, it leaves a gloomy mood on Keith.

"Then what is your relationship with Keith?" Director Jamie asked again.

"Friends." Rhianne answered with confidence. "Though sometimes I treat him like my younger brother."

"Who is your younger brother? I am one year older than you!" Keith rebutted.

"Oh? But I am more mature than you."

"Are you saying that I am childish?"

"You are the one who said that, not me."

Technically speaking, Keith is really older than Rhianne in this world. But for Rhianne, she was still that 22-year-old woman who had no other goals but to earn money and get her dream job. That is also the reason why Rhianne really feels weird thinking that she will be having a crush to someone she considers as a child or younger siblings.

Director Jamie looks at the two teenagers in front of her. She really did not expect it. She honestly thought that there is really something between Rhianne and Keith. Ever since Director Jamie had met them, these two are inseparable. No matter where Rhianne goes, Keith will also be there.

Her gaze suddenly focused on Keith. He is still having a bickering match with Rhianne. But still, everyone can see the faint smile on his thin lips. After observing them, Director Jamie finally discovers the problem. The director suddenly has sympathy for the young lad.

'The road in pursuing the girl you like is full of hardship, kid.'

"So, director. I am sorry if I cannot help you this time." Rhianne apologized again.

"No, it is okay. Keith can help me with this."

"Huh?!"

Director Jamie walks towards Keith and put her arm around his shoulder.

"Right, Keith?" Director Jamie asked with a smile. "I am pretty sure that you have someone like that in your life. Right?"

"But—"

"Keith? But... Oh! Now I see!"

Rhianne looks at Keith with squinted eyes. Keith has a bad feeling about this.

"Who is that girl? Be quick! Tell me!" Rhianne eagerly asked.

"What girl?"

"The girl that you like! No wonder you suddenly changed your style. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Mr. Protagonist, who is the girl you are trying to attract?"

Rhianne suddenly becomes excited. This is her Mr. Protagonist's first time in wooing a girl. As his friend and his secret guardian, Rhianne should help him with his mission. Based on her calculation, the male lead and the female lead will meet after three years. It is not weird if they will have a crush on someone until their fateful encounter.

"Tell me! Who is she? Is that girl someone from our class? Or maybe a girl from the other section! Oh, wait! Maybe she is one of our seniors? Mr. Protagonist, quickly tell me! Who is that girl?"

"S-Stop it! You are talking nonsense!"

'What's with this girl?'

She quickly denies him as her boyfriend a while ago. But in an instant, Rhianne becomes excited when she thought that Keith is really wooing a girl.

'Does Rhianne only see me as her brother?'

"You are saying that, but your ears are becoming red!" Rhianne accused as she points his ears with her fingers. "See? You are becoming like a freshly cooked lobster!"

"Stop it! It is only because of the hot weather!" Keith made an excuse.

"There is no need for you to be shy! So what type of girl is she? Does she like flowers and chocolates? Or maybe she is an athletic girl who likes sports? Or maybe she is too pretty that you got smitten in an instant? Quickly tell me! Describe her to me!"

"Ugh! Stop pestering me!" Keith said as he walk faster away from Rhianne.

The director who is being ignored by these two teenagers is looking at them with a fond smile on her face. It is obvious that she will not get any ideas from them. Since it is like this, the director will just follow the original script and find a suitable actress to replace Kelly in the movie. Director Jamie has a lot of connections anyways.

Looking back at Rhianne and Keith, Director Jamie envied these kids sometimes because they do not have to be burden with the reality of the world yet. But still, Director Jamie herself feels a little frustrated looking at these two. The girl is too precious and naive while the boy is too shy and awkward. In the end, the director feels more frustrated with the boy.

'Stay strong, kid. Your path to success will be really hard.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 822 92
Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned upside down by a crazy Duke who happens t...
1M 42.9K 47
ORIGINAL STORY!!!! She transmigrated into a novel, destined to die in the hands of her best friend, unable to yield to destiny she rewritten hers. Sh...
2.4K 108 18
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
104 0 18
this is the story is all about a reality check but the end can be happy or sad .... It's about a Avantika with no dreams but yet works out in the wor...