Loving a Bash Brother

By anxiousghostbitch

Dean Portman x Reader More

Chapter One: The Ducks are back
Chapter Two: New Teamates
Chapter Three: Working Together
Chapter Four: Los Angles
Chapter Five: Iceland
Chapter Six: Dinos and Confessions
Chapter Seven: Street Hockey
Chapter Eight: Coach is back

Chapter Nine: Ducks Fly Together

5K 72 166
By anxiousghostbitch

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

'Live from arrowhead pond in Anaheim, California, it's Team U.S.A vs. Iceland in the hockey finals of the junior goodwill games.'

While the team got ready for their game, Banks walked in carrying his gear.

"Coach!" he exclaimed.

"I woke up. And the pain was gone." Adam said while showing he could rotate his wrist. The team started cheering knowing that banks was coming back.

"Adam, I'm sorry, we already have a full roster." coach Bombay said. Russ started to take his jersey off before Charlie stopped him.

"He can have my spot." Charlie said.

"Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." Coach Bombay said. The whole Team started cheering before lining up to entire the ice.

'Now the two teams gather at their respective benches. In their last meeting, Iceland crushed Team U.S.A, twelve-to-one.'

"Head high! Stand tall! Fly straight! U.S.A!" Coach Bombay Exclaimed.

"All the way!" the entire team exclaimed.

'We're ready for the opening face-off in tonight's championship game. Lester Averman will move in to take the draw for the team. And off the face-off, Averman gets knocked down.'

As Iceland takes the puck towards the goal Guy gets knocked over. Goldberg then passsest the puck behind the net to Portman.

'Back behind the net Goldberg cuts it off for U.S.A. Here comes Dean Portman. He's hit hard into the glass by Gunnar Stahl. Iceland out to dominate this game early.'

Back on the bench, (Y/n) clenches her fists when she sees Dean get hit. Julie who was sitting next to her notices and decides to speak up.

"So, how long?" Julie said, catching (Y/n) off guard.

"What?" (Y/n) asked confused.

"How long have you and Portman been going out?" Julia asked again.

"Oh, since the first Iceland game." (Y/n) responded with a smile as she remembered their first date.

"You guys are adorable together." Julie added, making (Y/n) blush. Both girls decided to talk more after the game before focusing back on the ice.

'Puck is still in the U.S.A. zone. There's a shot from the blue line. Stick save by Goldberg.'

The crowd and team cheered after Goldberg stopped the goal. Suddenly an Iceland player tripped Goldberg giving them an opportunity to score.

"Too slow big boy!" Sanderson taunted as he skated past Goldberg. Goldberg started moving towards Sanderson before getting stopped by Ken and Dwayne.

"Don't listen to him!" Dwayne said.

"That guy will kill you!" Ken added.

"Well at least hold me back like I'm going to kill him." Goldberg said before pushing forwards while the boys held him back.

"Line change!" Coach Bombay exclaimed. The team immediately changed players, making Stanson send in players to stop Russ.

"That's my boy!" Russ's older brother exclaimed as he and the boys sat in the crowd.

As soon as the game started Russ was getting targeted by two larger players. Russ tried to shoot a knuckle puck only for the puck to be taken from him.

'Iceland with a one nothing lead. Throwing everything they have at U.S.A.'

Team U.S.A groaned as Iceland scored another goal. On the bench, Averman started to panic.

"We can't make it. Iceland's bigger, stronger, faster. They got more facial hair." Averman said. (Y/n) who was sitting next to him took her water bottle and squirted water on his face.

"Breath, Lester." (Y/n) said. Slowly Averman started to calm down and pay attention to the game. As the team kept getting him, Bombay tapped Adams' shoulder.

"Banks your on. Just be careful." Coach Bombay said.

Banks quickly took control of the puck and kept it away from Iceland before Sanderson slammed his stick into his injured arm. The entire team sat up from the bench screaming and yelling in anger. Coach Bombay quickly made them sit before yelling himself.

"Hey, ref, why don't you call something?! He almost took his arm off!" Coach Bombay exclaimed.

"That'll be two minutes." the ref said as he put Sanderson in the penalty box.

"Two minutes well worth it." Sanderson said. Coach changed the players again, finally letting (Y/n) on the ice.

'Now the crowds doing the wave trying to get team U.S.A back in the game. It may be working. Team U.S.A up to center Ice. (Y/l/n) to the blue line of Iceland. Drops it back to Mendoza. Ducks under a check. Robertson with it now. He's got great moves with the puck. Robertson still with it. Portman calling for it in front of the net. Robertson knocked from behind and Iceland will take over'

As Iceland takes the puck, Luis rushes after the player leaving the rest of the teams behind.

'Here's Luis Mendoza in a foot race trying to catch Amselik. Amselik on the break away he could make it three-nothing. Mendoza trying frantically to catch up. Amselik moving in on Goldberg. Gets hit from behind.'

Luis fell taking Amselik and Goldberg with him. The puck did make it in the net giving Iceland a three-to-nothing lead. Team U.S.A switched players and tried to do the flying V but ended up getting Knocked down by Iceland. Iceland took the puck and scored.

The second half started and the team got ready for the puck drop. (Y/n) looked up to see a smirking Sanderson behind her.

"You guys wanna ease up a little bit?" Averman asked as he stood in front of an Iceland player. The player only smirked.

"Just thought I'd ask." Averman added.

'Off the face-off Avermen gets knocked down by Gunnar Stahl. And the heavy hitting by Iceland continues. It's going to take something drastic for Team U.S.A to turn this game around.'

Back on the bench, Dean and Fulton looked at each other before doing their handshake and putting on their bandanas.

"Party!" the Bash Brothers exclaimed before slamming an Iceland player into the glass. Team U.S.A started cheering on their Bash Brothers. The two continued exclaiming as they took out another player.

'Iceland trying to pad their lead in the second period. Number 74 spins around, he's right in the slot. He shoots! And a save by Goldberg. (Y/n) (Y/l/n) picks it up behind the U.S.A net. She weaves her way up to center ice, she's going to try and split the Iceland defence.'

(Y/n) then ducks last minute and slips under the arms of Iceland. She quickly stops in front of the Iceland net but without the puck. Fulton then stops in front of Iceland with the puck.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Fulton said before passing to
(Y/n).

'Fulton back to (Y/n). She shoots. She scores!'

Team U.S.A starts to cheer before all the boys squish (Y/n) in a hug. The boys left, not hearing the sexsist comment the goalie made towards (Y/n). Unfortunately for him (Y/n) did hear and turned to him.

"What the hell did you just say!" (Y/n) exclaimed, making the goalie rush towards her. (Y/n) remembered what Russ's brother said and quickly dropped her gloves before pulling the goalies shirt over his head.

Because of that the goalie fell forwards. Team U.S.A started to cheer while Russ's brother realized what she did. All the boys started to cheer too. While (Y/n) kept hitting the goalie the ref pulled her off before taking her to the penalty box.

"That'll be two minutes." the ref said.

"Two minutes well worth it." (Y/n) said copying what Sanderson said before.

Back on the ice the two Bash Brother saw what she did. They turned to each other and cheered before skating towards the penalty box.

"All right! (Y/n) my little bash sister!" Fulton exclaimed as he hit the glass. Then it was Dean's turn.

"Hell yeah! That's my baby!" Dean exclaimed, also hitting the glass. (Y/n) laughed and blushed at the boy's reactions and Dean's pet name.

Back on the bench all of Team U.S.A looked at each other in shock from what Dean said before standing up and cheering. Even Coach Bombay had a smile on his face.

The crowd then started cheering and hitting the glass making the Bash Brothers take off their helmets. They stood in front of the crowd exclaiming and hyping them up more. The crowd exploded with cheers before Goldberg turned to them.

"Yeah! Let's hear it for the Bash family entertaining the crowd!" Goldberg exclaimed.

Fulton then skated past his team before skating past Iceland and smacking all their helmets. Dean then did the same thing before stopping in front of Fulton. They started dancing in front of Iceland before the ref took them towards the penalty box.

'Fulton and Portman are gonna get misconduct penalties here. They're ushered into the penalty box with (Y/n) and they're still going wild.'

As soon as he's in the box, Dean quickly kisses (Y/n). (Y/n) laughed before kissing back.

"I'm proud of you." Dean said before getting pushed aside by Fulton. Fulton lifts the girl up into a hug making her laugh. The three then start hitting the glass and cheering with the crowd behind them.

'Now I don't know if (Y/n) would be a Bash sister but we know Fulton called her that while she's obviously Portmans girlfriend.'

Connie then got ready to play. She quickly skated past the penalty box before (Y/n) called her name.

"Connie, be careful out there. They're gunning for you." (Y/n) said

"I'll be fine. But you on the other hand, are in big trouble with Averman." Connie said, making (Y/n) chuckle. Connie skated away before Dean spoke up.

"What did she mean by that?" Dean asked.

"Nothing really. Just that Les made me promise I'd tell him if I got a boyfriend." (Y/n) said, making Dean nod. The Bash Family quieted down before watching the game.

Connie got shoved into the glass by Sandorson making everyone shout. He then passed the penalty box and tapped the glass making Dean and Fulton hit it and glare.

Connie got stuck with the puck in a corner. Sanderson then rushed towards her, Dwayne noticed and grabbed his rope before jumping onto the ice. Before Stanson could hit Connie, Dwayne roped him and pulled him back. The U.S.A bench started cheering. Averman high fived Dean who was now out of the box before groaning when he accidentally jabbed his stomach.

Dwayne smiled at Connie before releasing Sanderson. Dwayne then lifts him up by his shirt.

"Where I come from, we treat ladies with respect!" Dwayne exclaimed, before he could do anything else Connie stopped him.

"Thank you Dwayne, but I'm no lady. I'm a duck!" Connie exclaimed before pushing Sanderson to the ground. The ref then took Dwayne to the penalty box.

'Referee taking Robertson over to the penalty box. What are they gonna call this penalty? It's two minutes for roping? That's a new one on me. We're at the end of the second period.'

"This isn't a hockey game. It's a circus." Coach Bombay said.

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

The entire team stood in their lockers taking a break from the game.

"Did you all enjoy that?" Coach Bombay said, the entire team cheered.

"So did they, because they're still three points ahead of us and we're one period away from defeat." Coach said. The entire team quieted down before sitting on their stools.

"Well, if we can't beat them we might as well keep our pride." Jesse said, making the team agree.

"Jesse, that's not pride. Sure when Dwayne roped that big oaf or when (Y/n) beat the goalie part of me cheered. But, guys I've been there. I know how you feel. I wanted to cream that jerk that busted my knee. And I really wanted to go after Stansson for that cheap shot. But you know what? My knee will heal. And If I become someone I'm not, if I sink to their level, well, then I lost more than my knee. You understand?" Coach Bombay said. The team all agreed with him.

"We're not goons. We're not bullies. No matter what people say or do, we have to be ourselves." Coach said.

"You. Who are you?" Coach said, while pointing at Dean.

"Dean Portman." Dean said.

"From where." Coach added.

"Chicago, Illinois." Dean said.

"You." Coach said while pointing at Guy.

"Guy Germain, from St.Paul, Minnesota." Guy responded.

"You," Coach said.

"Jesse Hall from Minneapolis, Minnesota." Jesse responded.

"Who are you?" Coach asked while pointing at Julie.

"Julie Gaffney from Bangor, Maine." Julie responded. Coach then pointed at Luis.

"Luis Mendoza. Miami Florida." Luis said while standing up.

"Greg Goldberg. Philadelphia, Pennsylvanian."

"Les Averman. Brooklyn Park, Minnesota."

"(Y/n) (Y/l/n). Brooklyn Park, Minnesota."

"Fulton Reed. Stillwater, Minnesota."

"Russ Tyler. South Central Los Angeles."

"Charlie Conway. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

"Ken Wu. San Francisco, California." {my home town, yay}

"Connie Moreau, Minneapolis Minnesota."

"Adam Banks. Edina, Minnesota."

"Dwayne Robertson. Austin, Texas."

"Michlele Mackay. Duluth, Minnesota."

"And I'm Gordon Bombay. Minneapolis, Minnesota."

The entire team started clapping and cheering.

"We're team U.S.A., gathered from all across America. And we're going to stick together. You know why?" Coach Bombay said before Jan cut him off.

"Because we are ducks. And ducks fly together." Jan said with a smile.

"That's right, Jan. and just when they think they're about to break us apart-" Coach Bombay said.

"Ducks fly together!" the Team exclaimed.

"And when the wind blows hard and the sky is black-" Ms.Mackay said.

"Ducks fly together!" the team exclaimed.

"When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinning circles in the pasture-" Dwayne said.

"Um, Okay." Coach responded with a smile.

"Ducks fly together!" the team exclaimed

"And when everyone says it can't be done- ducks fly together." Coach Bombay said.

"Now, new ducks... and old ducks must unite under a new banner. And I thought perhaps something like this." Jan said.

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

The team walked out to the ice wearing their new white and blue Ducks uniforms. The Ducks cheered as they got on the ice.

'Here to start the third period, what team is this? It's not Team U.S.A. Yes it is, they got new uniforms. They're wearing the logo of the Duck. I've never seen this before.'

The Ducks continued to cheer as they skated around the ice. The team quickly huddled around coach Bombay.

"Quack! Quack! Quack!" the ducks all said together. The crowd then joined them.

"Go...Ducks!" the team cheered. The crowd then started singing for the ducks.

'We will, we will quack you. We will, we will quack you.'

The crowd continued, even Jan and Tibbles joined in. Goldberg even started dancing on the ice.

Connie stood in front of the iceland players before shoving him to the ground and taking the puck. She then passed to Averman who took it down the ice. Averman passed back to Connie before getting slammed into the glass. Connie passed to Guy who passed to ken.

'Germaine gives it to Wu. Wu back to Germaine. Germaine slides it to Connie Mureau. She shoots. She scores!'

The entire team starts cheering,now only two points. Ice land then stole the puck from Averman and scored another point. Charlie stood in between the whole team showing them the new play.

Portman controlled the puck, followed close behind by (Y/n) and Adam. Dean passed to Adam last second before getting knocked over. Adam took the puck towards Iceland before passing to (Y/n). (Y/n) then hit the puck making it fly in the air towards the goal. The goalie tried to stop it but slipped letting the puck pass through. Once again the team cheered as they were now 5-to-3.

'Play continues here in the final period. The hitting has picked up but the ducks are hanging in there. However, they're still down by two goals with time running out.'

(Y/n) takes control of the puck making her a target for Iceland. Unfortunately for them, unlike last time, Dean wasn't going to let them touch his girl. Dean knocked over an Iceland player following (Y/n) just as she passed to Guy. Guy took the puck behind their net and passed to Luis before getting knocked over.

'Here's Mendoza on a break away. He can really fly. The speedster into the Iceland zone.'

Luis approaches the net before stopping in front of the goalie. The shock of stopping makes him freeze and smile.

"I stopped!" Luis exclaimed with happiness.

"Put it in, Luis!" Coach Bombay exclaimed from the bench. Luis then hit the puck, scoring another goal for the Ducks.

'He scores! Luis Mendoza in the break away scores with two minutes left. And the Ducks trail by one.'

All the Ducks skate towards him, squishing him in a group hug. Some of his teammates even congratulate him on stopping.

"It's five-four, we're still in this. We can do this." Goldberg said. Back on the bench coach sends Russ onto the ice.

Immediately, Iceland starts targeting Russ. Fulton pushes one of the boys off but two more keep hitting. Coach Bombay then calls for a time out. The entire team starts to huddle up.

"All right. This is what I want to do." Coach Bombay said. The Ducks cheer before getting back on the ice.

'Time running out here in the third period. The Ducks with the puck. They're still down a goal. They're back in their own zone.'

Connie quickly passes the puck to Guy.

"All right! Guy, now!" Coach exclaimed.

'Here's Germaine in his own zone. Germaine gives it to Luis Mendoza. Mendoza goes behind the net. Starts up on the attack. Mendoza drops it back to--to Goldberg?'

Goldberg quickly takes off his helmet revealing that it's actually Russ.

'He gave it to the goaltender Goldberg. Wait it's not Goldberg'

"It's Russ!" his brother exclaims.

"Here, take it." Averman said before handing Russ his stick.

Iceland panics to get to Russ, but they're too late. Before anyone can reach him, Russ sends a knuckle puck towards the goal and scores tying up the game. The Ducks start to cheer while moving to reveal Goldberg on the bench all along.

The entire Duck team raced towards Russ before giving him a group hug. Back at the bench, coach Bombay picks up Ms.Mackay in a hug while Charlie and Goldberg jump up and down.

'So the championship comes down to a shootout. Each team picks five of their best. One-on-one with the goalie.'

The ref sets the puck on the ice while Jesse skates alone. Jesse pushes the puck towards the goal before skating with it. He then shoots and scores making the Ducks cheer.

Iceland takes their turn and Sanderson scores. Iceland cheers while the ducks groan.

The ducks go again with Guy this time. Guy shoots and scores making the Ducks and crowd cheer.

Iceland tries to tie again but Goldberg saves the puck. The ducks continue to holler in excitement.

Dwayne lifts the puck with his stick and bounces it while skating to the net. He shoots but gets blocked by the goalie.

Iceland goes again and scores. Iceland cheers while the Ducks groan.

Fulton goes up and shoots one of his strong hits. The puck bounces off the goalies head making him fall backwards before the puck lands in the net. The Ducks cheer, while Fulton aims his puck at the goalie before putting it away like a sword.

Iceland shoots again and scores leaving both teams tied.

Adam steps up to the ice. He looks back at his team before moving forwards with the puck. Adam shoots and scores making the Duck bench go wild. Coach Bombay then walks towards Julie.

"Julie, you got the fast glove. I know this kids move. Triple deke, glove side. Anticipate it and you got him." Coach Bombay said.

"What if he goes stick side?" Julie asked.

"He's fancy. He'll go glove. Don't hesitate. Let's go." Coach said before sending her on to the ice. Julie counts before Gunnar shoots. The crowd goes quiet, the only sound being the sound of Julie dropping the puck on to the ice. The crowd erupts in cheers while the Ducks cheer and yell.

'Ducks win! Ducks win!'

The Ducks throw their helmets into the air before rushing towards Julie. They all attacked her in a hug to the point that she fell on the ice. The Ducks then line up and shake hands with Iceland. Gunnar stops at the end of the line in front of Charlie.

"Good work, Captain Duck." Gunnar said with a smile.

"Thanks, Gunnar." Charlie responded with a smile while shaking his hand.

The crowd starts chanting while the Ducks skate around the ice with their flag. Dean skates while holding (Y/n)'s hand. He stops to kiss her, making the crowd, plus Julie, Connie, and Averman awe. The Ducks quickly attack Bombay and Jans in a hug.

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

The ducks all sat in front of a campfire roasting marshmallows. Dean sat in a blanket on the ground while leaning in betweens (Y/n)'s legs. (Y/n) just leaned forwards with her hands around Dean's shoulders and her head on his.

Goldberg pulled a marshmallow out of the fire. He quickly started to panic when the marshmallow burst into flames.

"Woah! Help me! Help me!" he exclaimed while holding onto Charlie. Charlie quickly grabbed the stick and threw in on the ground while reaching for his water.

"What are you trying to do?! You're not supposed to light it on fire!" Charlie exclaimed while pouring water on it. All the Ducks then laughed before handing Goldberg a marshmallow.

Dwayne then played his guitar while Averman started singing next to him.

"I paid my dues. Time after time. I've done my sentence, but committed no crime."

"And bad mistakes, I've made a few, I've had my share of sand kicked in my face but I've come through."

All the Ducks then started singing along.

"And we go on and on and on, we are the champions my friends, and we'll keep on fighting 'til the end."

Gordon watched his kids sing with the proudest look on his face.

"We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for losers 'cause we are the champions, of the world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 160 18
Akaashi Keiji x reader
3.7K 150 6
" 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙨𝙪𝙜𝙖𝙧 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙚, 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚" Levi Ackerman X Black...