Chapter Eight: Coach is back

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

Team U.S.A sat on their bench talking over each other as they waited for Coach Bombay. A referee then approached the team.

"Team U.S.A. I'm sorry but without a coach behind the bench, you'll have to forfeit the game." The ref said. As the kids started to argue, Charlie pushed to the front.

"We have one. Ms.Mackay!" Charlie exclaimed before skating to where she was. After a while Ms.Mackay walked to the bench acting like the coach.

'Face-off at center ice germany wins the draw. Comes across the team U.S.A blue line. Germany on the right wing side. He shoots and saved by Goldberg.'

As Germany continues throwing Team U.S.A around Ms.Mackay groans.

"We look tired. We need to, uh...trade places." Ms.Mackay said still unsure what to do.

"What?" Charlie said while (Y/n) and Averman tried to figure out what she meant.

"New players." Ms.Mackay said.

"Oh, say, change it up." Charlie said once he understood what she meant.

"Change it up." Ms.Mackay said.

"Scream it." Charlie added.

"Change it up!" Ms.Mackay exclaimed. As soon as the words left her mouth players climbed on and off the ice.

'We're late in the period with a face off on center ice.'

As the team prepares to play they all turn when they hear a duck call. The ducks obviously know who it is, as for the new players it takes them a minute. Coach Bombay walks down towards the team in his old jacket and with his duck whistle.

"Look who finally shows up." Fulton said to the group of old ducks with him.

"Just ignore him. Averman, take the face off." Jesse said before the team lined up.

Coach Bombay continued trying to get the team's attention. On the bench everyone looked towards him in disbelief. (Y/n) look behind her to see Dean moving his head obviously mad. Coach Bombay then walked to the players and climbed on a bench before sounding the duck call.

"Come on. What do we have to lose." Guy said to Averman and Fulton

"Respect. He'll dump us the minute it's all over." Fulton said.

"Come on in! Let's go, come on!" Coach Bombay said before leaning down and placing a kiss on Ms.Mackays cheek.

"Thank you." Gordon said. Slowly the rest of the team arrived at the bench.

"Team. Guys. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team. And the team is all I have. All I want...is another chance. Just one more shot." Coach Bombay said.

The referee blows the whistle before dropping the puck on the ice. Jesse takes control of the puck but takes it back towards his goal. The team pass it around while Jesse stands behind the net.

"Come on, Jesse." Charlie exclaims. Jesse looks hesitant before making a choice.

"All right, let's go! Flying V!" Jesse exclaimed. Immediately the team rushes behind him.

'Hall joined by his teammates behind the Team U.S.A net in the third period. They start back out as they form a V.'

Team U.S.A stands up on their bench cheering. The team continues to pass the puck on the ice.

'Hall up to center ice. Hall with it towards the Germany blue line. Hall--shot by Averman. He scores!'

After Averman scores, Team U.S.A goes wild. The team hugs each other in celebration before winning the game.