Chapter Two: New Teamates

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

'Former pee wee coach and minor league player Gordon Bombay. Makes the move to the national stage as he steps behind the bench for team U.S.A. Coach Bombay's ducks will be joined by some of the top young players from around the United States.'

A group of five new kids skate out into the ice in front of the ducks.

"Tell me about my new kids." Bombay said.

"That's Luis Mendoza." Tibbles said as he pointed to a Hispanic boy.

"He's from our Miami club. A real speedster. Incredible skater. I clock him at 1.9 seconds blue line to blue line" Tibbles said.

The new skater then skated around showing off his speed.

"Good-looking skater." Connie said.

"Very good-looking what do you think, Guy?" Averman asked with a smirk. (Y/n) quietly laughed behind Guy catching the attention of one of the new skaters.

"Shut up, Averman." Guy said before elbowing him. Unfortunately for (Y/n) when Averman fell he took her down with him.

A tall boy on the other side of the ice chuckled at himself as he saw the girl laying in the ice laughing with the red head.

"He has one minor problem." Tibbles said right as Mendoza crashed into the side guard.

"Has a little trouble stopping." Tibbles added.

"I'd say so." Goldberg said as Jesse and Fulton nodded their heads.

"Are you okay? Need some help?" One of the new skaters asked as they all helped Luis stand up.

"Yeah. I'm alright. I almost had it that time." Luis answered. Back with the ducks, Goldberg, Jesse and Fulton chuckled.

A skater wearing a cowboy hat then moved forwards.

"Yee-Haw! How is everyone! Y'all ready to play some puck" the cowboy said as he took off his hat and put on a helmet.

"Hey, look. It's hopalong Gretzky." Jesse said, making Goldberg and Fulton laugh.

"That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin." Tibbles said. The ducks then watched in amazement at how Dwayne handled a puck.

"He's the best puck handler I've ever seen." Tibbles added.

"You mean for his age." Coach Bombay asked.

"No, I don't." Tibbles responded while shaking his head.  A girl wearing a red uniform then stopped in front of the goal.

"There's Julie 'The Cat' Gaffney. She one the state championship for Maine two years in a row." Tibbles said.

"Well, we have a goalie. Goldberg." Coach Bombay said while looking at Goldberg. Goldberg stood in front of the other goal trash talking everyone.

"Watch this." Tibbles said.

(Y/n) and Connie then tried to score on Julie. Instead Julie blocked or caught all of their shots. The two ducks then skated back to the group.

"Well, we could use a back up,"Coach Bombay said. The shortest one of the group then skated forwards.

"Isn't that the kid from the olympics? The figure skater." Coach Bombay asked.

"Yup. Ken Wu. What can I say? I convinced him that hockey had more of a future. We put a stick in his hands and nobody's been able to touch him." Tibbles said.

On the side heavy metal started playing as the largest of the group skated with his walkmen. He wore a black shirt with the sleeves ripped off. Showing his muscles and tattoos.