Chapter Nine: Ducks Fly Together

🏒🦆🏒🦆🏒

'Live from arrowhead pond in Anaheim, California, it's Team U.S.A vs. Iceland in the hockey finals of the junior goodwill games.'

While the team got ready for their game, Banks walked in carrying his gear.

"Coach!" he exclaimed.

"I woke up. And the pain was gone." Adam said while showing he could rotate his wrist. The team started cheering knowing that banks was coming back.

"Adam, I'm sorry, we already have a full roster." coach Bombay said. Russ started to take his jersey off before Charlie stopped him.

"He can have my spot." Charlie said.

"Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." Coach Bombay said. The whole Team started cheering before lining up to entire the ice.

'Now the two teams gather at their respective benches. In their last meeting, Iceland crushed Team U.S.A, twelve-to-one.'

"Head high! Stand tall! Fly straight! U.S.A!" Coach Bombay Exclaimed.

"All the way!" the entire team exclaimed.

'We're ready for the opening face-off in tonight's championship game. Lester Averman will move in to take the draw for the team. And off the face-off, Averman gets knocked down.'

As Iceland takes the puck towards the goal Guy gets knocked over. Goldberg then passsest the puck behind the net to Portman.

'Back behind the net Goldberg cuts it off for U.S.A. Here comes Dean Portman. He's hit hard into the glass by Gunnar Stahl. Iceland out to dominate this game early.'

Back on the bench, (Y/n) clenches her fists when she sees Dean get hit. Julie who was sitting next to her notices and decides to speak up.

"So, how long?" Julie said, catching (Y/n) off guard.

"What?" (Y/n) asked confused.

"How long have you and Portman been going out?" Julia asked again.

"Oh, since the first Iceland game." (Y/n) responded with a smile as she remembered their first date.

"You guys are adorable together." Julie added, making (Y/n) blush. Both girls decided to talk more after the game before focusing back on the ice.

'Puck is still in the U.S.A. zone. There's a shot from the blue line. Stick save by Goldberg.'

The crowd and team cheered after Goldberg stopped the goal. Suddenly an Iceland player tripped Goldberg giving them an opportunity to score.

"Too slow big boy!" Sanderson taunted as he skated past Goldberg. Goldberg started moving towards Sanderson before getting stopped by Ken and Dwayne.

"Don't listen to him!" Dwayne said.

"That guy will kill you!" Ken added.

"Well at least hold me back like I'm going to kill him." Goldberg said before pushing forwards while the boys held him back.

"Line change!" Coach Bombay exclaimed. The team immediately changed players, making Stanson send in players to stop Russ.

"That's my boy!" Russ's older brother exclaimed as he and the boys sat in the crowd.

As soon as the game started Russ was getting targeted by two larger players. Russ tried to shoot a knuckle puck only for the puck to be taken from him.

'Iceland with a one nothing lead. Throwing everything they have at U.S.A.'

Team U.S.A groaned as Iceland scored another goal. On the bench, Averman started to panic.