JEMIMA

By oluwayanmife__

Meet Jemima, a christian and a lover of God. Born by Christian Ministers and raised in the way of the Lord. B... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 20

348 165 23
By oluwayanmife__

" Now that's crazy" Mo' said.

" How are you going to cope with that girl" Semiloore added.

" I don't know, I'll probably shut up and mind my business". I said

" With Fikayo? Girl, that girl is unbelievable. You can't stay with her, giving that she doesn't even like you. One day you'll get to hostel to find you bed socked with water". Mo' said.

I laughed heartily, but began to weigh the possibility of that actually happening.

" I never thought about that you know? You really think she can do that? " I asked giggling.

" Totally" Semiloore answered as we laughed.

The General orientation was starting today, some hours after lectures, the only lecture we would be having in few days. The next two days would be full of talks and all.

The debate competition would be on the day after the excursion, we would be going to the famous Idanre hills the day after tomorrow and we would be spending a night there.

I was still lost in the thought, when the girls started greeting someone. Snapping out of my thoughts I looked up to see Dare, standing beside someone.

Yes, Maria.

I rolled my eyes, and raised my left hands to glance at my watch. I still had thirty minutes before the lecturer arrives.

" Good morning Jemi" Dare greeted.

" Morning Dare" I greeted.

"Hi" Maria said to me.

"Hey" I answered, without facing her, turning to face the girls I said " I need to get something, I'll be back" with that, I stood up and walked out of the class.

Going to nowhere in particular, I pulled out my headsets from my bag and wore it. Getting to a secluded spot, I sat down. Listening to music I thought about how I reacted because of Maria's presence, maybe it was right, maybe it was wrong, I didn't care.

I felt a slight tap on my back and I groaned silently, who was intruding my deserved privacy. I turned back to see Ephraim's face, I smiled and removed the headset.

"Hi" I managed to say.

"Hi Jemima" he answered in his cool, spine chilling voice, and sat just beside me.

" Hope you slept well?" I asked, the smile on my face not leaving.

" Yes, I did" he replied.

" Okay then" taking my eyes of it and fondling with my bag.

" Why aren't you in class?" he asked.

"Err, why aren't you in class, too" I answered with the same question.

" I don't know" he answered, I looked up in curiosity. " Maybe because I saw you sitting here alone". I giggled. "What's on your mind, you seem to have a lot on your mind". He asked.

" Yeah maybe, I'm just thinking about the competition and excursion. That's all" I said.

" Okay, then". He replied. Just then I saw Fikayo walking towards us, she was probably on her way to class. Her face was contorted with a frown, I almost burst into laughter with the way she was staring at us.

Rushing to sit beside Ephraim, she shifted me from my place with her buttocks, wrapping her hands around Ephraim. I couldn't help but laugh, she looked just like the silly girls in movies chasing the cold, snubbish and handsome guy in school.

" Hey, Ephraim. I came to your place last weekend but you weren't around" she said with a pout. Ephraim jerked off her hands and stood up quickly, he dusted off his shirt, and came to stand in my front. Fikayo's friends made grimaces and stared at their already embarrassed friend. I was managing to hold back the laughter.

" Maybe that was because I was not in school, and I've told you not to come visit" he said. " Jemi, let me walk you to class" he said with a smile and stretched out his hands for me to hold.

" Okay" I said and took his hands. We walked past the fuming girls as I tried my best to conceal my laughter, after we were way out of their ear-reach, I burst into laughter. "Ephraim, you are such a snub" I said between laughs, as he smiled.

" She's so lousy"

" Wao, you should try to be less cold you know".

" Uhmmm"

Just then, I saw Dare and Maria leave the class, as the lecturer was about to enter. I rushed into the class just in time, using another door.

" I'll see you later" I hollered at Ephraim as I waved.

I walked to where I was sitting with the girls and sat just in time as the lecturer stepped into the class.

" Where did you go?" Mo' asked.

" I needed to some alone time" I answered.

She smirked and I faced them, Semiloore was grinning widely.
"What?" I asked quietly as the lecturer had started talking.

Mo' pointed at Fikayo and immediately I got the reason why they were like that.
" We heard what happened".

" I know right" I said as I flipped through my book.

" Have you ever imagined the possibility of Ephraim liking you? " Semiloore asked, the lecturer glanced at us and we had to keep quiet.

Hours later we were done with all activities and I was ready to go back to the hostel to prepare for the competition. My only concern was how I was going to have a good night sleep without worrying about Fikayo poking me in the eye while I slept.

" Shemmy, how's your preparation for the competition". I asked Semiloore as we walked towards Mo's car.

" I don't know" she replied sheepishly.

" Err, you shouldn't ask her. It's like I'm the one going for the competition" Mo' said and I giggled. " Everything is covered, publicity, her dress, make up and all".

" Wow, that's great". I said " I need to get to the hostel" I muttered.

" Really? You could come stay with us you know"

" Yeah, but it's my first night in school, I should spend it at the hostel" I said.

" Okay, hope you won't mind a ride" Mo' asked.

" No I don't, I wanted to ask too?" I chuckled.

Getting to the hostel, Fikayo and her friends weren't around. Fikayo's friends, Moyo and Dumebi, were also students in the department. They were quite and naive, the type of people Fikayo loved to boss around. I wondered how Fikayo found joy in people practically worshipping her.

I stared at the room as I sat down, it was beautiful and well spaced. There were two bunks in the room, Moyo and Dumebi occupied the top bunk beds, Dumebi being my bunk mate. The room was spacious with tables with lockers, chairs and a mini wardrobe for each person. The room had its own bathroom and toilet too.

I removed my clothes as I ventured into the bathroom, I had my bath and stepped out. Wearing simple shorts and a tank top, I started to arrange my stuff. Putting some of my clothes in the wardrobe, and putting my books and some provisions in the locker.

After I was done, I reached for the carrier bag that had my food in it. There was a cafeteria right in front of the hostel and I had gotten food when Mo' dropped me off. I opened the food and started to eat, just then the girls opened the door and entered.

" Welcomed girls" I greeted them, not taking my eyes off my food.

" Good evening Miss Special" Fikayo said in a sarcastic tone. I smiled to myself as I continued eating, not taking my eyes from the food for one second.

" Wao, I don't know where that's coming from, but thank you ma'am" I replied " welcome Dumebi, I see you're my bunk mate" I said.

" Good evening" she replied " nice meeting you" Dumebi said in a rather chill tone than I had expected. I glanced at her as I saw Fikayo shot her a death glare.

" Same here" I responded.

"  So Miss goody two shoes, what's your deal with my Ephraim" I wasn't surprised, I smirked as I looked at her.

" First things first, I think I would have to ask you to try to use my real name, I mean, Jemima, more often when addressing me" I said " and also, I am so sure that Ephraim is not 'your' Ephraim. Your sense of entitlement sucks. But if you must know, Ephraim is my friend and not just a friend, a family friend". I added with a smile.

" I don't care. I just want to tell you. Stay away from him, dear JEMIMA? We are working on our relationship and I wouldn't want you to mess it up with your attitudes" she said, with obvious agitation.

" Okay ma'am, do what you like, I hope you don't get tired"

" You! Just watch your words. We are roommates now and even though I despise that fact, I must let you know that this is my territory. Don't cross your boundaries, I warn you". She said.

" Yes ma'am" I responded, throwing my hands in the air in surrender.

After eating, I took my laptop and turned on the internet, there was WiFi in the hostel which made me smile. I started browsing and flipping through some books, I was preparing for the Debate and trying to get facts, coupled with the ideas Ephraim helped me with. I jotted down a lot of things in my jotter and I smiled at how much I had gotten.

Just then I got a call from my mom, picking it up I listened to her speak.

" Good evening baby" she greeted.

" Evening Mom"

" How's the hostel?" She asked.

" Beautiful mom, how's home".

" Home's fine"

"Dad?" I asked as my mom took a deep breath.

" He's not home" her response giving me a mood swing. I closed the laptop as I walked to my bed and lied down.

" Have you called him?" I asked.

" Nope, I don't even care anymore" she answered.

" Mom" I stressed.

" Jemi, it's good you're in school, I'm fine here. Everything is gonna be fine, we'll look out for ourselves first darling" she said.

" Uhmmm"

After few more seconds,  I ended the call. Staring at the upper bunk for a while, I dozed off and slept.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 81.2K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
104 2 46
Olivia is a troubled teenager. Religion is something she's always despised. What happens when one person shows her that everything she's ever known i...
26.3K 3.5K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...