The Coaches Daughter

Af Its-leon

Sakai Hoshiko, Coach Ukai's daughter moves from Tokyo to school at Karasuno. She makes lifelong friends after... Mere

Background
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

11

515 23 6
Af Its-leon

After getting back from lunch with Kinoshita I decided to stop by the vending machine to get Aoki and Watabe a snack. As i walked by the first year classes I heard Hinata talking to some students and giggled to myself. He really doesn't know how to control his volume. Once I finally got to the vending machine i looked at all the choices and got a bit overwhelmed. I couldn't remember which the girls liked. I stood in front of it, looking at every bag and trying to remember if i had seen one of them with it before.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" A voice spoke up behind me. I didn't need to look to see who it was, the tone gave it away.

"I'm trying to get something for my friends, you can go ahead of me." I offered, not wanting to be nice to Tsukishima but not wanting to be rude either.

He took my offer and got something but didn't leave, "Keep looking, I quite like watching you while you're frustrated."

I made a face at him and rolled my eyes, trying to focus back on what i got the girls.

"God, it's not that big of a deal. Get something you like and if they don't like it you can eat it yourself." He said, starting to get frustrated at my indecisiveness.

"But I don't want to get something i like i want to get something they'll like." I frowned.

"Why didn't you just ask them?" he reasoned.

i shrugged, "I wanted to surprise them."

"Not everyone likes surprises." he looked over to the gym when i looked up at him.

"Not everyone has a stick up their ass like you either." i sighed and decided to just get a bunch of snacks in hopes they'll like at least one, "Where's your shadow?" i asked, putting money in the machine.

He looked at me a second before understanding, "He's in the classroom. We don't actually go everywhere together, he just likes to follow me around." he said kind of annoyed, though i knew he enjoyed Yamaguchi's company.

"Must be hard going to the bathroom." i smirked.

His face went red and he turned away, "That's not funny. I told you we don't go everywhere together."

I picked up the packages of food from the slot at the bottom of the machine, "It was funny to me." i started back into the school and noticed Tsukishima was still following me, "You scared of walking alone?"

He shrugged, "I just like how bad you look in this lighting."

a scowl found its way to my face, "Thank god the first year classes are the closest, i don't think i could stand being around you much longer."

"Funny, i felt the same way." He smirked. i started walking faster, wanting him to get to his class already. he took large strides to keep up.

"Why are you like this to me?" when I stopped dead in my tracks, he did as well.

he raised his eyebrows, a small smile playing on his face, he was clearly entertained, "I've already told you, I like when you're angry."

I looked him in the eyes, nostrils flared, wanting something to fire back but being at a loss for words.

"whatever." i mumbled, trying to compose myself.

i walked off, leaving him behind and hoping he wouldn't follow me. I was relieved when i heard no footsteps echoing mine and practically ran the rest of the way to the class. Once i finally reached the doors i realized how tightly i had been griping the chips i had bought for the girls. I gave myself an extra few seconds to compose myself before i'm walked in. Watabe is pretty good at knowing when i'm unhappy.

I pulled open the doors and was slightly surprised when Tanaka wasn't back from Nishinoya's class yet. I frowned slightly, knowing he would easily get me out of a rut.

"I got you guys some food from the vending machine." i sat the food beside me on Watabe's desk.

They both looked at me with wide eyes, Watabe looked like she was about to start a new religion with me as her goddes, "Thank you... why'd you get so many?" Watabe asked, still awestruck. Aoki picked up a bag.

"I wasn't sure which you guys liked so i just got a bunch. If you both don't like one I'll just give it to Tanaka or something." I sat down with a small huff.

"You alright?" Watabe asked, giving me a side glance from the food she had been focusing on.

i nodded and later my head down, "One of the first years has just been getting on my nerve."

"Which?" Aoki asked, interested in drama.

"You probably don't know him." I said but she still was looking at me intently, "His name is Tsukishima."

"What about Tsukishima?" Tanaka asked, pulling out his chair beside me.

I was thinking of something to answer when the bell rung, saving me from having to come up with anything. I gave him a small apologetic smile and pulled out my books.

At practice it was clear Tsukishima hadn't gotten nearly enough satisfaction from earlier in the day as he was still messing with me.

"You always wear clothes like you're practicing with us, it's kinda sad." When i ignored him, continuing what i was doing. i could tell he was upset, "Is it because you want to feel like you're one of the players?" he asked, following me. with yet another silence after his question he huffed, "They won't take you next year, the girls team i mean. Even if they desperately need another player."

that one didn't even sting.

"Are you wearing those shorts for attention?" Yamaguchi, who had been standing behind Tsukishima the whole time shifted uncomfortably.

i glared at him, though i shouldn't have, it only added fuel to the fire.

"oh did i strike a chord? you're sad daddy doesn't give you attention now so you're trying to get the guys to look at you?"

"Could you just shut the hell up, Tsukishima?" I furrowed my eyebrows and shoulder check him on my way out of the storage room.

i stood beside Kiyoko on the sidelines who looked at me with curious eyes, "Are you alright?"

My dad who was already nearby walked closer, "What's wrong?" Mr. Takeda also looked over.

I locked eyes with Tsukishima, who was staring blankly at me, from across the gym, "Nothing."

When the practice finally ended i started gathering the stray balls when i noticed Tsukishima standing around, "Go help Hinata with the pole." i motioned to Hinata who was trying to lift the pole but doing absolutely nothing.

"You think you can tell me what to do just because you're the coaches daughter?" He replied, not moving.

"I think i can tell you want to do because your teammate needs help." I clenched my jaw and continued picking up. Tsukishima reluctantly moved after a few seconds and helped Hinata out.

Yamaguchi picked up the ball i was about to put into the cart. When i stood up he handed it to me and i put it in like i was originally gonna do. i started pulling the cart along but he grabbed my arm and bowed to me, "I'm sorry."

I was caught a bit off guard and stepped back, "What are you talking about?"

"Tsuki won't apologize so i am. Please accept it." He remained in the bow.

I pulled him up quickly, "Geez you're embarrassing." he looked at me with sad eyes, "I doubt he asked you to do this but thank you." i messed with his hair, "Will you help me gather the balls?" i pushed the cart closer to him. he nodded and started helping out.

"Why are you friends with him anyway. He's even an asshole to you sometimes." I said, throwing a ball i'm the cart.

he stood and held one in his hand, thinking for a second, "He helped me out in the past, whether he meant to or not didn't matter to me... i thought he was so cool." he sat the ball in the cart.

"how'd he help you?" i pulled the cart to the storage room and he followed after.

"Some kids were bullying me and he scared them off. he didn't do it for me but just because he felt like it. he doesn't hold back his thoughts." Yamaguchi thought back.

I thought about it for a second, confused by his behavior, "Does that mean he picks of me just because he feels like it?"

Yamaguchi frowned, "I've never seen him act like this with anyone else before to be honest."

i nodded. god all i want now are answers. There's no way he does this just because he likes when i'm angry, what a bullshit answer. I must have pissed him off badly at some point to warrant this kind of treatment.

"Thanks for the apology again. I guess it's the closest thing i'll ever get from him." i gave a half smile and walked out of the storage room.

Almost everything was packed up so i walked over to my dad, "Let's go home early." I said and rubbed my eyes, faking fatigue.

He raised em eyebrow but complied anyway, "I'll see you all tomorrow."

the walk back home was filled with small talk, mostly initiated by my dad. i appreciated his effort but my mind was occupied with trying to figure out why Tsukishima is treating me so poor. when we got inside i walked to my room.

"Hey, what's going on kiddo?" my dad asked.

i turned around and faked a smile, "nothing."

"It's not one of the boys, is it?" he asked, walking closer, worry written all over his face.

"No, i've just got homework i need to do and i'm tired." i lifted my bag as if it was proof of my homework.

"Do you want some help? i wasn't the best in school but i can try to help you out." he offered.

i shook my head, "i'll be okay, thanks though."

he kissed my forehead and pulled me into a long hug, "I love you, Hoshiko."

"I love you too, dad." tears pricked at my eyes but i held them back.

he let go and pat my back, "hurry so you can get some good rest. I'll bring you some dinner." he turned and walked off to the kitchen.

09/13/20
wc: 1760
unedited
a/n if you enjoy this story please vote on the chapters! i'm very ego driven so seeing that people like my story helps a lot!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

905K 41.4K 175
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
457K 16.3K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
Fake love Af :)

Fan Fiktion

112K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
121K 5.5K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...