The Rogues

By _kaywrites

Control. It's what Evelyn's known her whole life...being controlled by a croupt government run society called... More

1- Intro to Detra
2- Control
4- The Bride
5-No Mans Land
6- Stitches
7- The Test
8- Bullseye
9- Fists out
10- Heads up
11- Bruises
12- The Woods
13 - Moonlight
14- The Girl
15- Smoke
16-Arrows
17-Flame
18- Mind Melt
19- Rooftop
20- The Twins
21- Trapped
22- Fury
23- Five Hours
24- Armor
25- A Weapon
26- Jailbreak
27- Power
28- Crimson
29- Heavenly
30- The Martyr
31- Breathe
32- The light
33- Forget Me
34- Don't Look Death in the Eye
35- When the Alarm Sounds
36- Let go
37- The Rising
38- Deception
39- Touch
40- The Gates
Chapter 41- Her Power

3- Matched

7.6K 232 281
By _kaywrites

(⚠️TW SEXUAL HARASSMENT⚠️)

I soon arrived at the plaza...the place where I'd meet my match. The plaza was a large, high tech building, where government leaders would hold public meetings, give announcements and more. I was directed into a big white room where computer screens lined the giant white walls. Lines of people stood behind each computer. The computers are where you take your test so the system can pair you with someone. I prowled into the room and placed my feet behind a line of people. I stood behind a petite girl with a long blonde ponytail hanging down her back. I leaned towards her and asked, "Are you nervous?"

"of course not!" She swung her head around, " I'm excited! I know the system will give me the man of my dreams!" She talked as if she were a robot programmed to say great things about the system. It agitated me.

"well...what if your match isn't..."

"Isn't what?" She scolded in a sassy tone

"Isn't...you know...perfect" I said looking at my feet

"What?" She looked at me like I had 10 heads, "how can you say such a thing?"

"Just...I'm scared I won't like my match that's all." I fidgeted with my fingers

"are you doubting the program?" Her eyes widened. Like I had just told her I murdered someone and hide the body.

"I mean I just don't understand it thats all" I shrugged.

"You better keep it down!" she said worryingly, "if they hear you saying this stuff...they'll come arrest you! Me as well for discussing this with you. It's best if we don't speak." She whipped her ponytail around and faced her back toward me.

She was right. I can't say things like that, but I can't help it. I seem to be the only person who's mind is racing in circles. Who does no one else see how wrong this is? To have a computer choose who you spend the rest of your life with? I just couldn't understand it.

Before I knew it, it was my turn to find my match. I nervously stepped up to the computer and a white screen with the words "begin" inside a heart greeted me. It had me answer all these questions like what's my favorite food, what I do in my free time. Dumb shit. After a few minutes, Press to find your match popped up. The words screamed at me. I tapped the heart and a loading screen came up as I nervously waited. My heart was beating out of my chest, why won't it load any faster? Then... it popped up. I felt my heart fall to my feet as I starred at the name that appeared on the screen.

"no...oh no, no, no" I muttered under my breath.

"If it isn't Miss Evelyn Kane." muttered a deep voice that creeped behind my neck,"or should I say...Mrs. Holden?"

Grant Holden. My match. This cannot be happening. Grant is son to one of the most powerful men in Detra Gov. The only way you can be in Detra Gov, is if you're born into it, so that means Grant is very powerful as well, and he lets you know that. I've known Grant for a long time, we went to school together, and he was not someone I was very sound of. Grant is the most narcissistic person I've ever met. He's handsome, rich, selfish, power hungry, and finds a way to make sure he gets what he wants. Grant loves himself more than anything else. People basically bow down to him, because he could ruin their lives with a snap of his fingers. He uses his charm and power for attention, and treats woman like toys. All the money he has he wasted on himself. Riches and power is more important to him than anything else. I've never understood why people fall to his knees. Grants evil...he's part of the reason I despise Detra Gov. All the officials are like that...snobby, rich, powerful, selfish...and now I'm going to be married to one.

"Grant!" I said shocked

"After all those years of trying to get your attention in school...who knew we would match!" He lifted his eyebrow and smirked. Grant has always had a thing for me, but I always would turn him down. It ate him alive knowing that there was a girl out there who didn't want to be with him. Any girl with a right mind shouldn't want to be with him! But now...now I'm giving him what he wants, and that's what bothered me the most.

"You must feel like the luckiest girl in Detra right now. Actually...you are the luckiest girl in Detra. Any girl would beg on her knees to be in your position right now."

"Is that so?" I said vacantly.

"I might consider myself a lucky man as well...being you are the most beautiful girl in Detra.", He eyed me up and down with a hungry grin on his face "I never understood why you always turned me down. I hope you've finally come to your senses." He moved closer to me, placing his hand on my hip and pulling me towards him. My body froze as I felt his warm breath on my cheek as he spoke. chills ran down my back as he moved closer...I wanted to scream at him. I wanted to yell at him to take his dirty hands off of me...but he's Grant Holden, he gets wants. I froze.

"We're going to look so good together babe. I'm gonna make you the happiest girl alive. Once you're with me after one night I'll be the only person you think about. I mean...You probably are already crazy about me." He brushed his corse hand on my cheek as I flinched.

Is he serious? Talking to me like I'm some kind of puppet that will think what he tells me to think. Why is he talking to me like that? I've never met a man with an ego so big...it was unbearable. I wanted to cry as he ran his disgusting hands down my thigh. I felt so helpless. So violated. I can't live like this. I can't live with this monster.

He laughed, "after all these years I thought I'd never have you..." he lifted my chin, "Your finally mine Evelyn." He just looked at me. Eyed me like I was a piece of fucking meat. It was disgusting. He stared at me waiting to say something...waiting for me to praise him or some shit. I stood silently, looking away from him.

"aren't you going to appreciate this?" He grabbed my cheeks and and whipped my head towards his face, "you were just mated to the most handsome and powerful man in all of Detra and you have nothing to say?" I sat there with his hand squeezing my face as he waited for me to say something. I was silent.

"Unbelievable. You were always so stubborn. Ungrateful little bitch." He swung his hand across my cheek and my body stumbled onto the cold hard ground. I picked up my head and held my face...it burned, but I couldn't show him I was hurt...I wanted to cry so bad...but I knew I couldn't. I didn't want him to think he could control me like that, so I swallowed my tears, stood up and looked him in his blank, vile eyes. As much as I didn't want to, I had to act like I wanted to be with him, or else I'd be arrested. I brushed the dirt of my white sweater and walked towards him.

Act like you want him Ev. Your life depends on it.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and slowly moved my eyes up and down his body. He smiled at me proudly as I rubbed my hands down his chest, "of course I want to be with you, I'm sorry hunny."

I hated this, I can't act like this...pretending I like him my whole life. He looked at me impressed...like he wanted to rip my clothes off right there at the plaza. It made me uncomfortable.

"That's more like it babe." He bit his lip and looked into my eyes. He touched my hands and took them off his body. "As much as I'd love to hear you talk about how much you want me...I need to go."

Thank god.

"I'll see you tomorrow at our wedding...Mrs. Holden". Hearing him say Mrs. Holden made me cringe. It was someone stuck a blade in my ear.

"I'll see you then my love" I smiled.

He walked away with a disgusting grin on his face and winked at me. My whole body felt defeated...as if someone took a hundred pound weight, laid it on my chest, and forced me to try and breathe.

I decided to call off work that day, I don't think I could handle people asking me about him. I stormed home, slammed my door and slid down it with tears in my eyes, wrapping my head in my knees. I touched my face... it still stung from when Grant hit me. How could he hit me? Who does he think he is?

This is not what I wanted. How was I supposed to act like I'm okay with this for the rest of my life? He's disgusting, he's vile. He sees women as objects rather than people. I knew he was going to treat me like his little toy, and I couldn't bear the thought of living like that. It tore me apart. But I didn't have a choice. This is my life now. Tomorrow I'm going to be united with that monster, and there's nothing I can do about it. Absolutely Nothing.

Maybe there is something I can do, I thought. I don't know what it will be, but I'm going to find a way out of this.

I unwrapped my hands from my knees, stood up and looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy and my neatly brushed hair was a tangled mess...I looked awful. I can't look like this tomorrow. I wiped off a tear that dripped down my cheek. I guess it's time I get ready for tomorrow. My wedding day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 207 32
A hidden misanthropist person meets the people in her life that fully understands some of her whole being and her way of thinking, except the things...
4.4K 468 59
"I'm going to kill them." "Julian!" I gasped. "You can't -- that's murder!" "I'm well aware." "You'll be a criminal." His mouth twisted. "I prefer t...
300K 8.1K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
152 6 4
Vincent For so long, my power has existed to be absolute. Unchallenged. I've always aimed for complete control and won't settle for anything less. Un...