Us Against All Odds

sweatingpie214 tarafından

Marsha and Kathy met on their freshman year, it was an instant connection. They would even say that it was lo... Daha Fazla

Cast
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve 
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one

Chapter One

313 21 1
sweatingpie214 tarafından

Marsha's POV

I woke up by my alarm. I reached over and hit the snooze button. I knew I had to get up, if I didn't Kenzie would come in and drag me out of my bed. Literally. "Marsha get the fuck up! We're gonna be late," Kenzie said knocking on my door. I sat up and threw my sheets off and stumbled my way into the bathroom and the shower almost forgetting to take off my clothes first. The cold water woke me up. I washed my hair and body before stepping out of the shower. I let my hair down and decided to let it air dry. I picked out my outfit and got my stuff ready. "Hurry up!" Mackenzie yelled at me from downstairs. Mom and dad are probably already at the hospital, they basically live there. They expect that Mac and I follow in their footsteps but I have not interested in becoming a doctor. Plus it's barely my freshman year of high school. "Finally!" Said Mac walking to the garage. "We're always late because of you," she said starting the car. "Whatever," I said rolling my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me!" She said. "You're not my mom," I said. "But I'm older than you," she said. "By two years!" I said and she rolled her eyes. "Still!" She said. "Just drive Mackenzie, arguing with me won't make you go back in time," I tell her and she glared at me.

She drove to our high school and then parked the car. Marco and Mary were waiting for me already. "Some things never change," said Marco, and Mary nodded. "Shut up," I rolled my eyes. "Did you hear?" Mary asked. "What?" Marco and I asked at the same time. "Katherine Hart is coming to our school!" She said and I looked at her confused. "Who's that?" Marco asked. "Y'all don't know!?" She asked and we both shook our heads. "Her parents are the most powerful people in the world!" She said. "And?" I asked. "She's gorgeous and pretty gay," she said. "I mean even if she is you know I can't date her," "Marsha you know that it's okay to do what's best for you, right?" She asked. "You don't know my parents like I do," I tell. "Marsha," She said and I put my hand up. "Let's not!" I said.

Marco and Mary are the only ones I've told about me being gay, my sister being the exception, she was the first person I've told. It's not that I'm ashamed of being gay but my parents are pretty old school and very homophobic. They are the kind of people that don't have a problem with homosexuals but they do if their kid is one of them. They've tried to match me up with their colleagues' sons so many times and it's super annoying. As we made our way into the school someone almost immediately ran me over. "Ladies," said the principal. "Ma'am," I said and she smiled. "Let me introduce you to Katherine Hart," she said and that's when our eyes met for the first time. Her blue eyes staring right at my soul making me feel all sorts of things. I couldn't help but smile. I was dumbfounded by her beauty.

She extended her hand to shake mine. "Please just call me Kathy," she said. "Marsha," I extended my hand to shake hers. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Marsha," She said smiling. "The pleasure is all mine," I blushed. We stare at each other smiling until Marco decided to be awfully rude and ruin the moment by clearing his throat. "The name is Marco, and this is Mary," he introduced himself and Mary. "Hi," Mary greeted her and Kathy smiled at them. "It's nice to meet you two," she said. "Marsha I was wondering if you could show me around, it's my first day here," she said. "I'm sorry but I'm actually a freshman and we would probably end up lost," I said and she laughed. Oh my god, is this what they call love at first sight? "At least if we get lost, we'd have each other," she smiled making me blush. I will marry this girl even if it's the last thing I do. "Then it would be my honor to get lost with you," I said and she holds onto my arm. "Lead the way," she said.

We made our way into the school with Mary and Marco following right behind us. When the bell rang I walked her to her class since we actually had almost every class together. Marco, Mary, and I made sure to pick the exact classes so we could be together at the exception of one. Marco took a cooking class since he wants to become a chef, Mary and I took the same classes since we both love math. To my surprise, Kathy takes all the same classes as I do but she plays basketball, that's why she's so freaking tall! I don't play sports but I do like watching them. That's the only class we don't have together. We made our way to the gym so she could get ready. "What class do you have right now?" She asked. "I have Health Science," I said. My parents force me to take the class. "Here is your stop beautiful," I said. "Thank you," She said giving me a kiss on my cheek. I felt the air leaving my lungs and my legs felt like jello and there is a whole zoo in my belly. Sparks were running throughout my body making my heart beat super fast. "I think you broke her," said Marco behind me. "Yeah, we'll take it from here," said Mary.

Marco and Mary started dragging me when she waved at me and I just embarrassed myself smiling at her like an idiot. I felt someone slapping my face bringing me back to reality. "What the hell!?" I asked. "Good to have you back Marshmallow," said Marco. My parents gave me that nickname because one time Mac was telling someone that Mac was shorter for Mackenzie and well I was 5 and I told the same person that I was Marsha and that it was short for Marshmallow. "What happened to the I can't date her? Mary asked mimicking my voice. "I don't remember ever saying that," I said. "But you said it like 15 minutes ago," said Marco gaining a smack on the back of his head from me. "She seems like a nice girl," Marco said. "Yeah, I thought she was going to be like those airhead rich girls," said Mary. "Well, y'all are going to be late to your first class?" I asked and they both hurried to their classes. Marco went to his cooking class and Mary went to her photography class. "Have fun in health science!" Said Mary. "You'll be a great doctor," Marco said and I flipped them off. They know I don't have any intentions of becoming a doctor, I just have to let my parents know that.

The class was pretty boring, we had half the period to ourselves since it was just about introducing ourselves and Dr. Young went over what we're going to be learning this year. I checked the time on my phone and the bell was about to ring, I got my stuff ready and the bell rang just in time. As I made my way to the door Kathy was waiting for me outside. "Hi," she said. "Hello," I said shyly. "How did you find me?" I asked her. "I feel like I will always be able to find you," she said and my heart started beating fast again. "You're cute when you blush," she said. "Let me walk you to class," she offered and I smiled nodding. "So tell me more about you," she said. "How about we go to the dinner that just opened up a few blocks away from the school?" I asked her and she smiled. "I would love to," she said grabbing onto my arm. She told me how she hates that people quickly assume that she is like all those other rich girls. She's an only child but would've love to have a sibling but her parents didn't want more kids. She told me that she loves to dance and has been to almost all of South America and Central America. She sat next to me in all of the classes that we had together.

The day passed by super fast. I didn't even pay attention to half the thing my teachers said, you can say that I was distracted. "We can take my car," she said and I nodded. I texted Mac to let her know that I was riding with a friend. As we made our way out of the school there was a man in black with an earpiece looking like he was ready to murder someone. "This is Jacobo," she said and I smiled at him. "It's nice to meet you, sir," I said and he gave me a small nod. He opened the door for us and Kathy push me inside the car. I helped her in after, she sat down next to me resting her head on my shoulder. "This is fancy," I said and she smiled. "Does he ever smiled?" I asked and Jacobo looks at me through the mirror. "Sometimes," Kathy said and we both laughed. "Jacobo, can you take us to the Dinger?" I asked him and he nodded.

The ride to the Dinger wasn't long, I helped Kathy out of the car and held the door open for her. "Thank you," She said and I smiled at her. We made our way to the entrance and Jacobo opened the door for us. "After you," I said and she smiled. "Jacobo, I'll call you when we're done," Kathy tells him and he nods walking back to the car. As we made our way inside we picked our table and sat down waiting for our server. "So do you play any sports?" She asked and I shook my head. "I don't, but I do like watching them," I said. "I hope to see you at my games," she said and I smiled nodding. "I'll try to be to every single one of them," I said and she laughed. "How do you keep in shape?" She asked. "I don't play sports but I do like to exercise," I said and she nodded. She was going to say something but was cut off by our server. "Hi! What can I get for you two?" She asked. "I'll get 10 pieces of nuggets, and a large French fries," I said. "What about you?" She asked. "I'll get what she's having," she said smiling at me. "And to drink?" She asked. "I'll have a sweet ice tea," I said. "And for you?" She asked Kathy. "I'll just have water," she said without taking her eyes off of me. She completely ignored that the waitress was trying to get her attention.

She must of notice how awkward everything was and excused herself. "I'll be right back with your drinks," she said. "So Marsha, tell me more about you," she said. "What do you want to know?" I asked. I hate this question because I don't even know what to say like I just forget everything about myself. "What do your parents do?" She asked. "They're doctors," I said. "My mom is a cardiothoracic surgeon, and my dad is a neurosurgeon," I said and she smiled. "I guess you are the beauty and the brains," she said making me blush. "So you must want to be a doctor, follow into your parents' footsteps, yeah?" she asked and I shook my head. "No?" She asked. "My parents want me and my sister to become doctors, and my sister is actually going through with it, but me," I said looking out the window. "It's just... my heart is not in it, you know?" I asked and she nodded. "I get it, and it's completely fine!" She said. "You are not your parents, you have the right to be who you want and do whatever the heck you want," she said taking my hands.

She smiled and it was like time stopped, the noises faded in the background, it was just me and her. Until we were rudely interrupted. "Here is your food," the waitress said. "Thank you," said Kathy not letting go of my hands. The waitress left and we dug in. I took the first bite and when I tell you that I've felt like I was going to melt, a moan escaped my mouth. I didn't care and close my eyes savoring the taste of heaven. These nuggets were to die for, when I opened my eyes Kathy was looking at me her mouth open and lust written all over her eyes. "That good?" She asked and I nodded. "The best I've ever had," I said and she smiled. We talked about each other, she told me that she didn't want to play basketball that she's always wanted to play soccer but after playing basketball she decided to stick with it.

She told me how her mom managed to build her company from the ground up. She wanted to make the world a better place, she wanted her kids to be in a better world. She wanted to show everyone that it was easy to make a difference. After that she married her dad, he was her best engineer and help her accomplish her dreams. He believed in her and push her just enough to make her dream come through. She is an only child, her mom's baby rainbow. Their story is so inspiring and it makes me a little jealous because I wished I could have that kind of relationship with my parents... but I can't even tell them that I don't want to become a doctor. "A penny for your thoughts," she said and I smiled. "Sorry, I tend to zone out a lot," I said and she smiled. "No need to apologize," she smiled. She was going to say something when her phone started ringing. "Shoot," she said. "Did you have to be somewhere else?" I asked and she smiled scratching the back of her neck. "Kind of, but I wouldn't change one bit of this date," she said. "Same here, 10/10 would do it again," I said making her smile. "Then how about you being my date for this upcoming gala?" She asked.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

88.1K 4.7K 38
After ten years in an arranged marriage that she'd regretted agreeing to from the beginning, Kenley Hayes finally got her husband to agree to a divor...
4.4K 303 49
This is a follow up to intuition. It can be read alone but for the best experience you may like to read that story first. Xander is a freshman at UC...
938K 26.7K 35
Two girls living ordinary lives, became friends and started falling for each other. But with challenges coming their way, will they risk taking a cha...
155K 8.5K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...