Warrior | Dick Grayson ¹

By x_Atti_x

" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death... More

《𝙰/ 𝙽》
《𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝》
《 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝 》
《 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 1 》✔︎
《 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 2》✔︎
|1| 𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 ✔︎
|2| 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜✔︎
|3| 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜✔︎
|4| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 ✔︎
« 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚛 »
|5| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚜✔︎
|6| 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕 𝚁𝚘𝚝𝚑 ✔︎
|7| 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚛 ✔︎
|8| 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 ✔︎
|9| 𝙷𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 ✔︎
|10| 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗✔︎
|11| 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 ✔︎
|12| 𝚁𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚡 ✔︎
|13| 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 ✔︎
|14| 𝙷𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚍 ✔︎
|15| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 ✔︎
|16| 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔✔︎
|17| 𝙳𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚍 ✔︎
|18| 𝚂𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚘 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 ✔︎
|19| 𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 ✔︎
|20| 𝙱𝚎𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 ✔︎
|21| 𝙳𝚘𝚘𝚖 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 ✔︎
|22| 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚢 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚢 ✔︎
|23| 𝙰 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚖? ✔︎
|24| 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚙𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚛 ✔︎
|26| 𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚜 ✔︎
| 27| 𝙹𝚊𝚢- 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚍 ✔︎
|28| 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘 𝙼𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒 ✔︎
|29| 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎 ✔︎
|30| 𝙰𝚜𝚢𝚕𝚞𝚖 ✔︎
|31| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜 ✔︎
|32| 𝚁𝚊𝚐𝚎 ✔︎
|33| 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 ✔︎
|34| 𝙳𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚢 ✔︎
|35| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 ✔︎
|36| 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ✔︎
|37| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍. 𝙽𝚊𝚑, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 ✔︎
|ʙᴏɴᴜs| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 ✔︎
𝙰 / 𝙽
10𝙺+ !!!!!!

|25| 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 ✔︎

13.6K 394 396
By x_Atti_x

The trio consisting of Harper, Kory and Dick were standing on the balcony watching the young teenagers who were sitting on a picnic bench outside the motel as they laughed amongst one another while Gar tried to teach Rachel how to roar.

" Think they're okay?" Dick asked, sending a worried glance to the pair before looking at the girls.

" They will be" Harper sighed looking at the pair. A small smile pulled at her lips as she saw them laugh like they didn't have a care in the world. And they shouldn't. They were kids, but instead they were faced with life threatening situations, demonic powers and the feeling of being constantly on the run. Times like these, where they were able to be carefree were rare, something Harper knew all too well.

" They're cute together" Kory stated, a soft smile adorned her face as she watched the two.

" It's good to see her look like a normal kid again, you know." Dick commented, smiling at them as Rachel playfully shoved Gar.

Kory drew a breath catching a glimpse at the raven haired girl. " What I saw back there was not normal."

" Why do you think they're after her." Dick questioned.

" I think it has something to do with that prophecy that I found on my wall." Kory explained.

" That she's going to bring about the end of the world?" Dick accused. Rachel couldn't bring an end to the world. She was just scared, alone and lost. Her powers weren't her fault. He knew that and he could vouch for Harper that the two weren't going to let anything happen to Rachel, not while they were still breathing.

" Or stop it." Harper said, sending a fleeting glance to the girl.

" Bullshit!" He scoffed. " People make up stories about things they don't understand."

" Maybe. But that doesn't mean the people after her won't kill to get to her. Those two are gonna have to learn to fight for themselves." Kory said, the sadness and guilt in her tone meant she didn't want this to happen. She knew they were kids but they had to make sure that they were ready and prepared. That they were capable of defending themselves incase none of the adults could get to them in time.

" She's just a kid. They both are." Dick murmered. " I know, but they have to learn to defend themselves. This is the world they live in now." Harper sighed. Her pity and sadness growing for the two teens.

" I'm going to go check up on them." Harper told them before leaving the two standing on the balcony. Dick's eyes lingering on her a bit longer than necessary. A look that didn't go unnoticed by Kory.

Harper was pacing up and down her room as she chewed on her finger nails, listening to Dinah and Oliver's voices filter through the device.

" What do you mean you can't find him!" Harper hissed. Her jaw was clenched as she felt her blood begin to boil. Dinah had just told her that Ryder had fallen off the radar once again and that they had no idea where he could be.

" We just found him, after years, we finally found him. AND YOU LOST HIM!" She yelled.

" We're trying Harper, we sent out an APB to all units. Barry is searching central city, Clark in Metropolis and even Bruce. If he is out there, we'll find him. You need to calm down." Oliver's voice rang out from the other line.

Harper sighed before crashing onto her bed. She ran her hand through her hair letting out a shaky breath. " I don't know what to do Ollie. Everything is just too much. It's like this weight on my shoulders that refuses to leave. Now, I don't even know where Ryder is. My brother, who is suppose to be dead, shows up and now just slipped right out of our fingers." Harper muttered, she felt like Atlas holding up the sky. A feeling as if she was being crushed and she wasn't sure how long she would be able to keep up before she'd burn out.

" You're a strong girl Harp, you'll figure something out. You always do. For now, we have your brother handled. We'll find him. You have my word. " Oliver promised. " We love you kiddo." Dinah's soothing voice told her.

" Yeah, I love you guys too." She responded before the flashing red button indicated she had ended the call.

She dropped her head into her hands,closing her eyes

When were they going to catch a break.

Harper made her way towards Dick's room. After everything that happened, she thought it was about time she told Dick about Ryder. She was scared, terrified even, on how he would take the news. Just as she thought maybe it wasn't a good idea her feet came to a stop right outside his room.

There's no going back now, she thought. Her hand raised slightly ,knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, Dick emerged from behind the door. His hair was wet and a towel was the only thing wrapped around his waist. " Something wrong?" He asked, concerned. " Can we talk?" Harper asked, her hands wringing together as she tried to keep her eyes on the combat boots that adorned her feet, and not his toned muscles that were on full display.

" Yeah sure." He nodded opening the door wider for her to enter. She mustered a quiet 'thanks' before walking into the room.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she met the emerald eyes of Kory. A glass of tequila was in her hand as she slowly sipped on it.

" Am I interrupting something?" She said, a feeling of hurt spread across her chest as her eyes flickered from Kory to a half naked Dick. " I can leave."

" No" Dick replied immediately. " You're not interrupting. She just wanted to talk about Rachel that's it." Dick tried to reason.

" Exactly, also I need to get going. The sexual tension in this room is giving me a headache." Kory stated before sending a wink in Harper's direction before sauntering out of the room.

Dick shifted awkwardly trying to find his clothes. " So uh, what did you want to talk about?" Dick asked, his eyes trying to find any piece of clothing. Once he realised Kory must of nicked it from him when he wasn't looking, he sighed and gave up, turning to the brunette.

" Right, that." Harper muttered. She glanced at the unattended glass of tequila before reaching for it and downing it. Her face scrunched up in disgust before she let out a noise of revulsion.

" You sure you want to be drinking that. You're a lightweight." He told her trying to reach for the glass as Harper refilled it.

" I am not" Harper uttered, as she tilted her head back, the burn in her throat nulling her thoughts. She knew she shouldn't be drinking, especially when she had something so important to discuss with him but seeing him, half naked and Kory alone, stirred someone in her that she didn't appreciate, so against her better judgement she ignored the whispers of restraint and downed another glass.

Harper could feel the alcohol pumping through her veins. Her head feeling slightly dizzy as the stress she had been carrying felt like shackles bounding her to the ground. She needed a moment. A break. She needed a release.

It was no doubt that they all drank, some more heavily than others. Harper also knew her cutoffs, especially after seeing the effects but that didn't stop them from sipping a few beers around a bonfire or getting tipsy at a party. It was an unhealthy way to cope but in the moment Harper didn't care. She went to grab another glass when it was ripped out of her hands.

"Enough Harper " Dick frowned as her body began to sway. He held the almost empty bottle in his hand, his eyes brimming with concern. " You never drink this much? The last time you did was when Garth-" He stopped when the name slipped past his lips. He froze when he saw her face drop. " I didn't mean that" he whispered.

" It's alright" she dismissed, ignoring the pang in her heart when he said the name of their fallen friend. Her throat burned almost as bright as her eyes. Harper looked at the stained carpet, salty tears pooling in her liquid brown eyes.

Dick coughed awkwardly as he placed the bottle down on the table. His body positioned in front of hers. " What's going on ? What were you going to say?" He begged, trying to get over the tension and silence that fell upon them.

Harper looked at him, his frown deepened at her unshed tears. " Right, uh, it doesn't really matter anymore" her words blurred together as she tried to make a break for the door, only to feel her knees wobble as she stumbled.

" Yeah that's not a good idea. C'mon" Dick said, his arms circling around her waist. She struggled in his grasp. She felt sluggish, out of control and if there was one thing she hated was that she needed to be in control. In their lives being unprepared left you vulnerable, vulnerability left you susceptible for an attack. You let your gaurd down and mistakes were made.

Harper lost control and she made her first mistake .

" Why do you care?" she snapped, her tone sharp as she turned to face him. " What do you mean why do I care?" He blinked, disbelief clouded his features as he looked down at the girl.

" I mean why do you care huh. You don't care about me, about anyone . You're selfish. And you're a dick." She snarled, jamming a finger into his chest. He gently grabbed her wrist trying to calm her down but she wasn't letting it go, the alcohol was messing with her brain and all the pent up emotions she was feeling surfaced.

And she exploded.

" After years and years of us being friends you just had to throw it all away huh. You left without a word, without a goodbye. You broke the Titans from your stupid mistake, you left me and then you were going to leave Rachel because that's who you are. A coward. I called you every night, hoping , praying you would pick up and explain why you just disappeared, but you never did. I searched everywhere for you but I couldn't find you." She yelled. Her frustration mixed with her sadness and anger made her lash out at him. Tears poured down her flushed face as she continued to scream at him. It was all too much. Too much anger, too much sadness, too much grief...too much love.

Dick stared dumbfounded at the girl, each word spoken sent a jab through his heart. He couldn't speak as he watched the girl he loved continue to break in front of him. So he let her get everything out. He let her hit, scream and cry at him. Tears pooled in his eyes as Harper crumbled.

" After everything we've been through, all the pain and suffering. You promised you were never going to leave me, you said you were with me till the end of line. But you lied. Because that's what you do. You always lie. I started to believe that everyone who loves me will eventually leave me. I mean my parents, my brother. The Titans. They all left. I believed I was cursed and that no one could love me, that I brought pain to people's lives. But you, you were my hope of being good. That I wasn't some- some poison. That I could be loved. I clung to the hope that you'd never leave me but you did. You did, you left me." Harper cried, her body was shaking as she felt her heart break. She would have never acted this way or said the thing she'd said if she was sober. The heartbreak on Dick's face was enough for a new set of tears to pour down her face.

" Harp-" He croaked, his heart was beating out of his chest as tears slipped out of his eyes landing on the carpet. He tried to grab the girl but she took a step back, causing his heart to shatter even more.

" I loved you. I still do. God you don't even know. I've been in love with you Dick, since we were teens. I've loved you. A-and I know you don't love me back because if you did, then you wouldn't have left. You wouldn't have done this to me. God I was so stupid for believing." She grunted. The tears had stopped flowing, she felt herself sober up a bit and now all she could feel was shame and regret. She had just told her best friend her feelings. That she loved him. Embarrassment consumed her body as her head hung low. All that had filled the room was the sound of Harper's panting breaths and heartache.

Dick stared at the girl with wide eyes. His heart was in his throat as she uttered those words. His jaw dropped and Harper would have made an offhand comment about how animated he looked if only she had the strength. After all this time he thought she only loved him as a friend, nothing more. And now standing together their hearts beating in sync and their faces flushed with tears he knew she was telling the truth.

" I'm sorry, I should've just gone." She whispered, when she realised he wasn't going to say anything.

She made her way to the door, shame eating away at her soul when she realised he made no move to stop her. Her fingers brushed the doorknob before she was spun around and a pair of lips crashed onto hers.

Her eyes widened, all the alcohol seemed to disappear as she realised what was happening.

Dick was kissing her.

Dick was about to pull away thinking he had just made a huge mistake but when her lips starting moving in tune with his all his doubts seemed to vanish.

His hands gripped her waist and hers moved to his hair as she gently ran her hands through it.

Her back hit the wood of the door as his lips trailed down from her lips to the curve of her neck. Harper felt her stomach twist as a shaky breath left her swollen lips. His lips brushed the spot below her ear as her hands ran down his naked chest. Dick pulled away, their breaths mingled together as their eyes locked on one another's. She felt his rapid heartbeat against the palm of her hand before she slowly ran her hands up his chest to the sides of his neck, finally resting on his face. She smiled as her finger brushed over his lip. His eyes darkened as she leaned forward and placed her lips back on his.

This time, a hunger replaced their previous sorrow.

Pure ecstasy filled her system as their lips reconnected. She felt electricity dance across their bodies as they moved towards the bed. Their bodies were pressed flushed against each other, leaving no room between them. They had waited so long for this, they could taste the salt on each others lips but neither seemed to care. They craved each other, to have themseves this close to one another. They both had dreamed of this very moment for far too long.

Harper's knees hit the edge of the mattress, her body falling onto the material. Their hands moved feverishly and before the outside world could ruin their perfect moment their bodies were bare and intertwined. His hand slipped into hers as a goofy grin spread across his face.

" I love you too"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 3.1K 50
"When the New God abandons his future, and the Old God merges the Flyer, the Champion, and the Traveler, the war spawned across dimensions will begin...
175K 4.6K 36
" We can't change the past, but there's a difference between moving on and letting go." ~Harley Quinn~ Harper Phoenix's journey continues. With new v...
39.3K 684 22
Robin's heart sank when his parents died. Then yet one morning he woke up and saw his friends in his room seeing his horrified face. After all expect...
114K 3.5K 56
This story is a sequel to "Who We Are [Damian Wayne x Reader]," so you have to read that book first in order to understand the story. You can click m...