Open fire

By white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... More

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 40 "Mission accepted"

37 1 0
By white_lies_me

Viktor's POV*

"Is everyone ready here?" I asked, looking upon team Blue's helicopter.

"We should be, Viktor" Calum answered me.

"Good, good. Stay together, go over the plan in your head one more time. We don't know what awaits you here and I won't be there to help you" I said in a worry tone. I know I shouldn't be scared that my own plan won't work, but usually we study our enemy, know their every move in front of ours, but this time we don't and it's making me nervous. Tayla is good, that game that she plays is a game she made up and only a fool would underestimate her.

"We'll be alright, see you afterwards Viktor" Willow told me and got on her seat. I took one last glance at them and my men that were going beside them.

"They know what to do" I told myself before giving them a slight smile and went to the other helicopters. I saw Crystal, Sarah and Niall come to them as I was leaving, they were probably going to say goodbye. I just hope it's not a final one. My gaze searched across the platform on which we were on, it was in a secluded area away from our main base under the coffee shop.

"Sir" colonel Char greeted me as he passed by. He was going to one of the four locations here in Australia, there were seven more across the world and by now most of our people should be ready for a confirmation to attack as soon as the rest of the teams are in position. It's very hard to pull of a mission like this one, for some it's night, others middle of day, for us morning, but everyone had to get ready to fight even now, after all that's what we signed up for, isn't it?

"Viktor" Seth and Han gave me a slight nod as I approached them. We were already dressed in our uniforms and fully armed, ready to go.

"Gentlemen" I said in acknowledgement, but then the three of us smiled at eachother and hugged, pulling away quickly.

"Try to save your ass, will you?" Han laughed lightly.

"Mine and everyone else's" I grinned.

"Don't die out there, that's a command" Seth said in a stern voice which was really funny considering how he doesn't have much of a deep voice.

"No promises" was all I said before taking my place in the helicopter with many more people I was going to lead today. They all greeted me properly and got back to what they were doing before and my gaze was fixated on everything around us. For my fourteen years of service and only three of being a colonel I've gained enormous respect and trust from my team and country. They've sent so many people here from the army services, but are putting their fate in me to lead everyone. That was the deal and I accepted it of course, it was a great honour. If it came to any of this I'd be the leader and unfortunately it has, we're in a war, well, we may start a war and the thought of that is very alarming. The signal was soon given and the blades started spinning, we got off the ground with one thought in mind only "Don't screw this up".

***

"Seven you have me?" I spoke into the microphone attached to my suit.

"Yes sir".

"Eight, nine?" I questioned.

"Here sir, at the position sir" they replied. We were trying to blend in with the nature at the moment, surrounded by nothing except dirt and bushes. The three metal buildings stood not too far away from us, guards on each entrance, some walking around.

"Full hard armor sir, neck barely exposed" good, that's what I was expecting.

"Keep your position and wait for my signal" I say.

"Seth, do you have me?" I waited a few seconds until hearing his voice.

"Yes, loud and clear. Team Blue is soon arriving" he informs me. Right now, back at the base Seth was going to be my ears for other teams and he has other people to help him of course, while Niall is ears for team Blue.

"Good to know, how close are we to starting?" I question.

"Seven minutes" that's sooner than I thought...

"Just tell me when" I sigh.

"Be careful there man" he tells me.

-

"5...4...3...2...1" I give the signal and a smoke grenade is thrown right at the entrance for the biggest building.

"Team Bravo go, go, go!" I got up and ran straight for the entrance with my team right beside me. There were already shots heard and a couple of more grenades thrown to make covers for our soldiers. We got to the door as I nodded to the other soldier, so we busted it open while two of my men shot the guards.

"Six, Seven, Eight forward" I yelled almost. They were the biggest and were armored to be the shields, so this was their command.

"One, Two on left. Three, Four right. Nine with me" we traveled through the hallways as the guards flooded through, but we continued battling on and it will pay off in the end.

"Shit" I heard Seven curse. His leg was wounded so I grabbed him under the arms and propped him on me. I wasn't going to leave anyone behind.

"Team Bravo, X what is going on there?" I questioned out of breath.

"Alright sir, we're almost through" he sounded out of breath as well, that's good news. All of a sudden the shooting stopped as my men breathed heavily, looking around. I couldn't believe my eyes, we've killed them all?

"Sir, that's all" One informs me.

"Go with Three and inspect the whole building" I ordered, coming closer to a wall to let Seven lean on it as I inspected the dead bodies around us.

"Check their pulse" I said to the others and really noone was alive.

"Sir, it's only us" One and Three said as they stopped in front of me.

"That's too easy..." I whispered.

"X? What's going on outside?" I questioned, unsure of what is happening.

"We've killed them sir. We're going to check the other two buildings, but I've seen the guards from those exit as well" he reported back.

"You have permission" was all I said. I stood up from my crouching position as I examined the body in front of me, something else in my mind though. The metal walls were silent, it was strange, where were the wolves?

"Sir...?" Eight started, but changed his mind as I walked around, listening for any indication of life except for ours.

"Check all the rooms, we have the main task left" I ordered, hurrying off my own way and I saw Six take Seven with him and we divided.

-

"Fuck no. No, no, no!" I yelled in anger as I checked the last closed doors.

"Sir, we haven't found..." Two started.

"- I know" I said through gritted teeth.

"What now sir?" he asked in a lower tone.

"Hold on. Seth, do you read me?" I questioned.

"Yes, God, you had me worried. What happend?" he replies.

"They... They're not here..." I said with great sadness.

"That's not possible-" he started.

"- they're not fucking here!" I yelled on the microphone. I failed them, my team failed them...

"For Goodness' sake, Viktor. Listen to me!" Seth was now angry too, so I composed myself and told him to continue on.

"We can detect more dots than just you on the map, you're not alone there" he explained. That's right, we've brought over the vibrations machine that can detect vibrations such as heartbeats on a certain radius.

"But they are constantly disappearing and reappearing" he told me.

"Sir?" my soldiers looked at me.

"Seth we're going down below" I said as I looked at them and they gave me nods with determined looks.

-

"Search for any kind of entrance to the ground, any!" I yelled as soon as we rejoined team Bravo. Right now we were focusing on only that, the more time we waste, more likely is for Tayla to know.

"I told the other teams, they have the same problem as you" Seth reported back.

"Alright, how's team Blue doing?" I questioned.

"Viktor..." I knew that tone, I knew that approach of his. It only meant that something bad had happend. I immediately stopped looking around and stood there as I felt my stomach flip.

"Parker... What happend to them?" I managed to say.

"We've lost connection-"

-

I couldn't believe what I've heard and I didn't want it to be true, but now all lies on their shoulders, all.
I was still in the building, examining the cold, foreign environment, so empty... I wish I could hear better, maybe I'd be able to hear them call for help or their scratches on the walls below if they were shifted. When you think about it werewolves and werecats have been through a lot, they may be braver than humans, if only our ancestors could have accepted them none of this would have happend.
All of a sudden a cracking sound, barely audible. I instantly turned to my right and noticed a metal tube that went through the roof, but was connected to the floor. I leaned on it to listen for the cracking sounds and really they got louder in there. I tried to knock on it and the cracking sounds stopped. I swear I heard faint noises from it and I immediately followed where it lead since I was on the second floor. As I got to the first floor it didn't end in the floor it continued curling somewhere else.

"Sir, what are you doing?" Five asked me.

"Follow me" I answered and the two of us kept following the tube. We got into what I would assume to be the storage room from its size and then it ended.

"Sir, I'm not quite sure I understand..." Five started,.

"Shh, listen to the cracking sound in there" I pointed to the tube. He leaned the same as I did a minute ago and listened.

"Sir we may have to break the wall" he told me and I looked at it, then punched it, but not that hard.

"Sir, you're going to hurt yourself!" Five got a hold of my hand, stopping me from further doing anything.

"No, look at that. It's hollow" I said bringing my other hand to it.

"Give me that" I pointed to the shovel that conveniently stood in the corner. Five did and watched as I continued trying to break through the wall.

"Yes! Look!" I said as a small hole started to form and really it was hollow, you could even see a faint light inside.

"Get everyone here, I'll break the rest down".

-

I managed to break the wall enough for a person to slip through so one by one we entered the small hallway that continued to lead downwards. We were completely aware of everything around us, it was dark but thankfully there were lights above us. Even the little they illuminated was enough.

"We're here" I said, my mind bearly processing what I was seeing. Seethrough doors and in them, would you know it, people. Their legs had chains that kept them from moving around though. I knocked on the doors and suddenly all their heads shot up, as soon as they saw us the tension in their room grew. They didn't trust us and you could see it from a mile away.

"We want to help you, we've come here to rescue you" X was the one saying that. They heard us and one, very skinny girl answered.

"Don't you think we've had enough already?!" she yelled with the little energy she had left.

"They've said that before and it was all a lie..." she managed to make out that sentence.

"No please, we are here to get you out, I don't know how to show you" Two spoke, but  the girl sat down on the floor again, a single tear stained her cheek.

"We know your alpha, Calum. We're working together, please you have to tell us how to help you" I said, but they all looked at me with disgrace in their eyes, like I said something filthy.

"How dare you? Our alpha would never work with humans like you" the girl spat and everyone in the room with her seemed to think the same.

"Please, that's what all of this is about. We don't want you to stay hidden, we want to live with werewolves and werecats freely, just like you with us. We know Willow, Michael, Luke, Sierra, Crystal, Sarah, we're friends" I tried.

"Sir, we're running out of time" Six informs me.

"I'm getting you out of here if you like it or not" I said and just as I was about to shoot the doors the girl stopped me.

"No! You'll sound the alarm, then Tayla will know you're here. There's a switch hidden right next to the door in the corner, but that won't work too cause it's programmed to give us her serum and then we won't be able to stop ourselves from hurting you" Seth could listen in to all of this and help the other teams.

"So how do we get you out?" I asked. She shook her head with a sad look in her eyes, so I turned around and looked at my people.

"Is everybody ready to run?" I question.

"Sir, with you, whatever it takes" X smiled. I shot the door and just as she said an alarm went off. We ran inside and freed them from the chains.

"Is that everybody?" I yelled. The girl nodded and we ran outside, although some had to be carried, but others could run by themselves.

"Seth we're coming, what's with the barrier?" I spoke into the microphone.

"Still down, I don't know what's happening" he informed. I could hear the alarm buzzing, but nonetheless I continued moving towards the meeting spot.

"Where are you taking us?" the girl who was running alongside me asked.

"We'll figure that one out real soon".

-

"Go, go, go, up!" I said, helping the last ones on the two helicopters.

"Sir, behind you!" Four pointed. So I looked behind me and saw three Range rovers coming right at us, with people poking from the windows with guns.

"Start it up, I'll be with you in a minute" I knew what I had to do, now was the time to be a hero.

"Sir you won't-".

" -Do it!" I grabbed my riffle and started shooting the closest one. The glass on the front side broke and I managed to hit the driver and the passenger managed to take a hold of the wheel, but not in time before they flipped. The other two were shooting at me and the helicopter was just about to take off. I threw the smoke grenade I had with me and shot the vehicle's right making him swerve a hard left and end up flipping the same as the other one.

"Sir!" Four yelled for me as the helicopter was getting off the ground, but I still had one more left and it was shooting at the helicopter.

"Go!" I yelled and started running towards it like a crazy person. I almost managed to kill the passenger, but when I didn't, he shot me a crazy smile. I knew him, he was a businessmen, but now wasn't the time for that. It was getting closer and I kept missing, if I don't succeed they're going to run me over and take down the helicopter. But all of a sudden, a wolf jumped in front of me.

The man had a panicked expression and rightfully so. Because the next thing I know happend was the white wolf jumped on the front and mercilessly bit them, ripping parts of their body and jumping off at the last second before the car crashed. I was amazed, but then it looked at me with those glowing yellow eyes and back at the helicopter which was already too high for me to reach. It started running towards me and my heart skipped a beat when I realised it's not going to hurt me. It grabbed me and put me on it's back and ran to soon catch up with the helicopter.

"Can you do this?" I asked. It looked at me for a brief moment before the words rang through my mind.

"Trust me".

With the right momentum we picked up, it jumped and caught itself on the side entrance of the helicopter, but just it's front half. It clawed and clawed until my people helped us up. It shifted back and turned out, it was the skinny girl from before.

"Thank you" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Thank you" she said gesturing to all of her people. I smiled and with a sigh of relief got to my spot on the helicopter.

"Seth?" I asked.

"The teams have succeeded as well" he informed.

"We've done it!" I said as a chuckle escaped my lips. My people high-fived eachother, smiling, and although werewolves were still cautious, by my actions they knew we aren't on their bad side.

"Team Blue?" I questioned a little, concern evident in my voice.

"I believe in them" he said with a sigh. Calum, Willow... It's all on you now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 339 133
Luke Hemmings Fanfic. First one, so be nice. So....read it and stuff....please...? Beta: @hyppogirl
65.6K 2.3K 38
People change over time, but our pasts will always be our pasts, and sometimes they come back to bite us... Does Calum have the balls to face who he...
480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
16K 955 21
SEQUEL TO WILDFLOWER Heartbreak hurts, but it hurts more when secrets have been left untold... *** Calum Hood (5sos) fanfiction Rated M for language...