The Dragon Princess

By HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... More

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Trust and Comfort
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Romantic Night
Confessions
Now or Never
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Reassurance and Curiosity
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Birthday Celebrations
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done
Thinking Emotions

Crafting Protection

304 15 2
By HeavensAngels_

Hiccup's P.O.V.

When I wake up, I feel a slight movement against me. I look to my side to see Astrid still asleep next to me. I sigh in relief knowing I hadn't waken her. As I look to her, I notice how beautiful she is when she sleeps. It almost reminds me of the time I entered her room to wake her from her 200 year slumber. She was beautiful then, and she's still beautiful now.

I look to her momentarily before carefully getting up. Being gentle, I pick her up bridal style and carry her up to my bedroom. Even though my body is sore from sleeping on the couch, I don't want her to feel the same when she wakes. Some sleep on the bed should help relieve any tension or body aches.

As I walk toward the stairs, I notice Jacks coat and shoes on the floor. Nice to know that even after a date with her royal majesty and he still doesn't pick up after himself. I'm kind of glad Astrid isn't awake to see the mess my roommate likes to leave around the house.

I trot up the steps and quietly open the door to my bedroom. As I walk over toward the bed, I feel a slight movement in my arms. I look down to see Astrid stir a little bit before relaxing, her head on my chest. I smile a bit to myself at the moment and stop before placing her on the bed. I hold onto her, no entirely wanting to let her go.

Ever since last night, I've been more determined to protect her from any harm. From what she told me, the man from her past wasn't true with his feelings. He came here to be close to her and yet he put her to sleep. He showed her love, compassion, but in the end left her to sleep for eternity. Something that should never happen, to anyone.

I want her to know that I'm not here to hurt her, but instead to protect her. I may look like that man but my intentions are different. I want to get to know her and for her to know me. When I leave this island at the end of the summer, I will be a chief of my own town, one that I will protect. And I will protect her just as if she was my own, even though she's not.

I lay her down on the bed gently and drape a blanket across her sleeping form. She stirs a bit more before curling herself into a ball, pulling the blanket tightly around her. Even though she's slept for 200 years straight, she still sleeps quite a bit. Then again, I don't plan to wake her up like they do at the castle.

As much as I wish to stay here and watch her until she wakes, I know I can't do that. I decide to go to the window and whistle for Toothless. If I can't be here to protect her, I know Toothless can.

As soon as he flies up and through the window, he licks my entire being. I chuckles quietly and pet him, trying to make sure not to wake Astrid from her slumber.

"Hey bud, can you do me a favor?" I ask.

He sits on the floor in front of me, ready to listen to my question.

"Can you keep an eye on Astrid for me while I head off to work? I don't want to leave her alone." I smile and gesture over to Astrid.

He follows my hand and then up to me before nodding big and giving me a gummy smile.

I smile and give him a scratch on the chin. "Thanks bud."

After making sure Astrid is protected and leaving her a note, I quickly change in the bathroom before leaving for work. As I walk, I decide to munch on a muffin I stole from the kitchen, probably intended for Jack. I figured he wouldn't mind since I leave earlier than him and I'm letting Astrid have mine.

Jack is a major foodie. He'll eat anything you give him and freaks when his food disappears. I'd rather give him the chance to freak out at me instead of the blonde princess sleeping in my room. I'm sure at this point, he'd understand at the reasoning. I even left a note under his door to let him know what's going on. I even asked for him to tell Elsa since I'm unable to.

Once I arrive to work, I slip on my apron and start looking at the list of orders needed to be done today. A few saddles, a couple of swords, as well as a pair of wedding bands. Each one with their initials engraved  on the inside with their family crest on the outside. One of the rings is smaller than the other. And they request the bigger one to be coated in a black resin, giving it more of a manly look.

I decide to do the rings since they require smaller hands and the work can be quite delicate. Gobber has bigger hands than I do and works better on the swords and saddles. I can make a sword, of course, but Gobber has much more experience than I do. And something that Gobber doesn't know is that I have crafted many a jewelry for my family.

I've made my mother a necklace with her name on it. A bracelet for my sister Hailey and a rose hair clip for my sister Hope. And upon request for my brother Hayden, I made him wedding bands for his upcoming wedding in the fall. In the past I even made him his own pocket knife. I even took the time to create something for my father. Even though he spends most of his time at work, I decided to create him not only a pocket knife but also a metallic pin that has our towns crest engraved on it.

Since I've made plenty of jewelry throughout the years, I figured I would take care of the rings for the soon to be married couple. I even know I'd be able to get them done a couple hours before the day is done. Just like it only takes Gobber an hour to make a full fledge sword and holster.

Before I start crafting the rings, I sit at the desk in the corner of the room. Gobber thought it would be a smart idea for me to have my own area to do delicate work. I wasn't going to object since it also gave me a spot to get some sketches done for my own personal projects. Since getting the job here at the forge, I figured I could create some of my own work.

Once seated, I take out a piece of paper and a pencil and start to get some sketches of the rings in. I work better on sketches then I do on simple words. Being able to see what I'm making in a 2D form allows me to get a clearer image in my mind. I sketch both bands, one bigger than the other and mark where the engravings were going to go. I also took the time to draw their family crest, making sure the entire image fits on the bands.

I lean back in my seat when done, looking at the sketch and measurements. I mentally pat myself on the back before grabbing some materials to start my crafting. The pieces I grab are scrap from previous projects throughout the week. I grab a piece big enough for just the two rings.

While digging through the scraps, I find a piece big enough to make a pendant for a necklace. I pick it up as an idea starts to form in my head about what I could use it for. Even though I'll be working on two rings, I can take the time to mental capture the ideas flowing through my head.

Since I want nothing more than to protect Astrid, I've decided to make you a gift that lets her know how much I wish to protect her from harm. I can't be with her every moment of every day but hopefully this gift can be.

Before I have a chance to loose the idea in my mind, I grab a clean piece of paper and start sketching out my idea. Now I have many different options that I could do to show protection. I could do a dragon, a sword, a shield, or even an axe. But instead of doing either of those options, I decide to do something else.

Something that to me, means protection and safety. Something that I believe Astrid to be, from the moment I first saw her. This is a symbol for many things. Love, caring, goodness, heaven, and most importantly, my love and protection for her.

A pair of angel wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone!!!

I do hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I ended up working on it throughout the day in between my classes!

I hope this chapter allowed you to get a better understand on how Hiccup feels for Astrid! He certainly has quite the feelings and quite the skills!

I personally would want something made by him! Hehe!!

Anyways, I do hope you liked the chapter and know I'll work on the next one soon! I won't be working on this one until the other two stories have been updated!

And so you all are aware, I am back at school and will have quite a bit of homework and class work to do! I will do my best to update like I am now, but know I may miss a couple of days.

I do enjoy writing for all of you but I do need to get my homework done!

I will keep all of you updated about all that I can do your not out of the loop!

I love you all and thank you!

~~HeavensAngels_😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 296 40
In the wake of their lost heir's dramatic reappearance, Berk has changed for the better. Unfortunately for our heroes, they do not have time to stay...
73.2K 642 9
After asking Astrid for a sleepover, the young couple sleeps together in the same bed for the first time. It quickly becomes a habit for Astrid and H...
116K 2.5K 68
Astrid and Hiccup are both detectives. They solve cases and bring justice to ones who need it. Hiccup has had a crush on Astrid since he started his...
45.8K 1K 15
This is a Hiccstrid fanfic based off of our average fairytale: 'Beauty and the Beast' I do not own anything related to Dreamworks or Disney! All I o...