Twisting Destiny

By PickledPlumssss

After dying in a tragic accident, Rhianne found herself transmigrated in a novel world as a character. To her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Special Chapter 1.1
Special Chapter 1.2
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 28

10.5K 427 32
By PickledPlumssss

Last night in the Lancester's residence.

While Tristan is trying to think about what hairstyle will suit him best, Calvin suddenly enters his room as if he is the owner of it. Calvin flops his body on the bed and stretches his arms and legs. Tristan stares at his brother for a while before ignoring his presence. He still has more important things to do instead of paying attention to his annoying brother.

"What is this? Are you making a bird's nest or you are just simply trying to ruin your hair?" jested Calvin.

Tristan only looks at Calvin's figure laying on his bed through the mirror before ignoring him. Seeing that Tristan is not giving him any attention, Calvin uses his best trump card that can grab his little brother's full attention. Fishing out his phone in his pocket, Calvin opens the photo gallery and set a certain photo as his screen saver. After that, Calvin suddenly shows Tristan a smug smile.

"I bet you will be jealous if I tell you who was my date earlier."

No response.

"She is very cute, you know."

Still no response. Instead of getting mad or irritated with Tristan's lack of response, Calvin's smile gets wider every second. He knows that Tristan will show him an interesting expression in just a few seconds.

"Tristan, I bet that you will cry in anger thinking that you refused my invitation to eat outside earlier." goaded Calvin as he sits on Tristan's bed and crossed his arms on his chest. "I'm pretty sure that she can bring a cute, wide smile on my little brother's adorable face."

"I am not interested so go out now!" Tristan snapped at his brother's irritating words.

"Boo. You are such a killjoy. And here I am, ready to tell you the details of my date with Princess Rhianne earlier." Calvin said as he shrugged his shoulder. "But look!"

Calvin shows his screen saver to Tristan. It is a photo of Calvin and Rhianne earlier at the park.

"You had met Rhianne earlier? Why? Did something happen? Why didn't you tell me?!"

'See? My tactics never failed me.' Calvin thought as he enjoys the surprised and incredulous look on Tristan's face.

Tristan suddenly moves his legs and acted as if he will attack and beat him. Calvin did not expect this move at all! He is about to dodge his little brother, but Tristan tightly grasps on the hem of his shirt.

"You did it on purpose, aren't you?!" accused Tristan as he pulls his shirt with great force.

"Bro, chill! Let go of my shirt first!" Calvin exclaimed as he tries to save his shirt. Tristan's grip on his shirt is starting to stretch the fabric of his shirt.

Tristan let go of the shirt, but it was already too late. Calvin's shirt was already stretched and crumpled. The Lancester brothers stare at each other. Calvin was looking at Tristan with a look saying 'Look at what you did' while Tristan gave him an 'I am sure it is not my fault' look.

"You ruined my shirt." Calvin flatly stated to his little brother. "Did you know how much was this shirt?"

"It was just a shirt." Tristan deadpanned as if what he did was nothing. He then remembered something and glared at his brother. "Don't change the topic! Why did you meet with Rhianne earlier?"

"I told you. Princess Rhianne and I had a date."

"What are you? A pedophile?" grunted Tristan. "Rhianne almost has the same age as me!"

"So?"

"She's too young for an old flirt just like a certain someone I know so well." Tristan stated.

"Hey! Who are you calling an old flirt?!"

"I never mentioned a name." Tristan said. "Why? Do you have a guilty conscience?"

Calvin stares at his brother. This is a new development. Tristan didn't try to argue with him using witty comebacks before. Tristan will either glares at him or will force him to leave his room. But not like this.

'So who taught him how to eloquently argue with me?'

A certain person suddenly flashed on Calvin's mind. Thinking about how that person answered his teasing remarks, of course, it was none other than Rhianne. And Calvin is very sure about it. If it's Rhianne, it is really possible. With how Tristan cares for that little girl, he will surely adapt her attitude consciously or unconsciously.

"Anyways. You can't still deny the fact that I got a date with Rhianne earlier." Calvin insisted as he still tries to fix his already stretched shirt. "And you know..."

Calvin didn't bother with his shirt anymore. It was already completely ruined. Instead, he shows his little brother a triumphant smile. This makes Tristan's eyebrow twitched in irritation.

"What?"

"I think Princess Rhianne has a crush on me!"

"Impossible!"

Calvin suddenly burst out in laughter when he saw Tristan's outburst. Of course, his little brother can't change his attitude in just one night. Calvin can still tease this little brother of his.

"By the way, what are you doing before I got in here?" Calvin asked while trying to change the topic. "Hmm... Removing your contact lens, changing the clothes in your closet, trying to find a suitable hairstyle to make you look presentable... Are you..."

Then all of a sudden, Calvin's eyes widen in surprise. He exaggeratingly covers his mouth with a hand and looks at Tristan with a shocked expression. This makes Tristan's frown deepened.

"You... You are trying to woo a girl!" Calvin exclaimed in a shrill voice. "This is a miracle! My brother is now interested to socialize with other people! And it's a girl! Praise the heavens!"

"Brother, shut up! Or I will definitely stop you from making a ruckus in my room!"

But of course, Calvin ignores him. Instead, he intentionally makes his voice louder to irritate his little brother more.

"Mom! Dad! Tristan is now— Hmrph!!"

Tristan suddenly climbed behind Calvin's back. He covers his brother's mouth with his left hand while his right arm wraps around Calvin's neck. His older brother is so annoying! He already reached the age of maturity, but Calvin is still acting like a five-year-old kid. It would be better if he became the older brother instead of him!

"Hmprh! What are you—"

"Be quiet! And stop making a fuss, brother!"

Calvin used his physical strength to remove his brother behind his back, throw him on the bed and put a large distance between them. He took a deep breath while gently patting his chest. What does Tristan mean when he said that he was only stopping him from making a fuss? He is obviously trying to kill him!

Tristan sits on his bed and glares at his brother. He's so irritating that Tristan is determined to suffocate his brother more if he didn't throw him away from him. In the corner of his eyes, Tristan sees his reflection on the mirror. His hair is a mess, his forehead is covered in sweat and the shirt he's wearing is already crumpled.

Instead of finding a style that will suit him more, he wasted his time trying to stop his abnormally childish brother!

When Calvin's breathing became normal again, he saw Tristan fiercely glaring at him. It's very obvious that Tristan is trying to kill him in his mind. But does Calvin cares about it? Of course not.

'But I think I should stop teasing him for now. Or else, he might kill me for real this time.'

Calvin opens Tristan's closet and takes a look at the clothes hanging inside of it one by one. With a satisfied nod, Calvin closes the closet and looks at his brother again. Tristan is still glaring at him while observing his movement. Then Calvin grabs his phone and searches for something online. When he found what he was searching online, he shows it to Tristan.

"You should style your hair like this." Calvin said. "This will suit you better than having a hairstyle which covers half of your face."

Tristan looks at the screen. The hairstyle Calvin wants him to try is a slicked-back hairstyle. It looks fashionable and at the same time presentable. If Tristan will consider doing this hairstyle, all he has to do is to cut his bangs a little and put a small amount of gel on his hair to avoid his bangs from falling down on his face. But Tristan still glares at his brother.

"You have an ulterior motive, right?!"

Seeing how suspicious his little brother to him, Calvin didn't know if he will cry or laugh. He really can't blame him though. After trying to tease and make fun of his little brother, it's not impossible for Tristan to be guarded and suspicious of him.

But he really has no bad ulterior motive this time! In fact, he is helping his little brother to reconcile with his Princess Rhianne. He already had enough of seeing Tristan being depressed all the time. Not only he's affecting their mood, but Calvin will also lose his daily dose of entertainment if his little brother was this depressed and listless.

"Bro, trust me. Princess Rhianne told me that he prefers a handsome guy who has a neat haircut." assured Calvin. If he wants Tristan to follow him, all he has to do is to use a powerful weapon named "Rhianne" and he will believe him.

And sure enough, Tristan lessens his suspicions towards his brother.

"...Really?"

"Yes. Believe me!" Calvin said as he convinced Tristan and order him to sit on the vacant chair he pulled from the corner of Tristan's room. "Now sit obediently here and I'll help you style your hair. Because we are brothers, it's pretty obvious that you are also handsome just like me."

"You're handsome?" Tristan groused as he reluctantly sits on the chair prepared by Calvin.

"Yes! And I know you are aware of it." Calvin proudly said.

"Of course. I know that you are a professional doctor who is also a shameless flirt in the hospital where you are working!" countered Tristan.

"Stupid brother!" Calvin said as he flicks Tristan's forehead.

"You!"

"Now shut up and let me do my best to make you look better!"

Tristan throws Calvin a last sharp gaze before sighing inwardly. Even if his older brother is abnormal most of the time, he still knows that Calvin really knew what he is doing. That's why he trusted Calvin when he said that he knows what style will suit him best.

'Oh, fine! As long as Rhianne will talk to me again.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...
130 2 100
Everyone has a soulmate, right? Sure, they're just really difficult to find. It'd be a lot easier to find them when you have a string to guide the wa...
338K 18.3K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
405 24 30
Growing up we tend to become mature with scars on our heart that changes an innocent loving child into an arrogant, suspicious and emotionless charac...